Home

Adding Grass

harIII

Hey everyone. I've got a question that is vital to one of the locations for my mod Shadows of the Empire. I'm trying to add grass, like what we saw in the Dantooine Plains, to a new area that doesn't have any grass, specifically the Valley of the Sith.

I thought I set everything up correctly in the .are file for my area which has been hex edited to go from 701KOR to nab005 (just if you're wondering why the names are now different). What is did was copy the numbers from one of the Dantooine Plain modules in the grass section of the .are file to the new .are file for the valley of the sith. However for some reason the module doesn't show the grass at all in the area.

Here's a picture I took of my .are file after I tried applying the grass affect:

jeuxQG.png

Mmmm, you're problem is not in the .are file, but rather the walkmesh itself must be set to grass. IIRC the valley of sith is put on "dirt".

Allthough, I'dd use a search here on Holowan; DI has done some research on grass in the past. I used his info to get grass in my own made modules.

Ok, I think I understand what you're talking about. I think I need to change some references around in the walkmesh. However I tried to open the walkmesh in Notepad (which I did with another tutorial) and all I see is a lot of gibberish. Does anyone know how to export and/or view the walkmesh in a more... meaningful way?

Archived