Home

No Star Wars Battlefront III at E3 2011 or San Diego Comic Con 2011

joesdomain

We got no announcement at e3 2011 this year. They just released a schedule for each day at 2011 San Diego Comic-con and nothing about Star Wars Battlefront III. All they are going to showcase is Star Wars Clone Wars animated series season 4, Star Wars Saga onBlu-ray dvd, and maybe new Star Wars tv series called Star Wars Detours produced by Seth Green. I am sure they showed some star wars comic and novel and probaly some toys. Geez! The original came out in September, 2004 and here is it July, 2011 and nothing. All I heard is Lucasarts getting the ok to use the Unreal game engine on future projects. I heard Sparks Unlimited is doing a high profile action/adventure sci-fiction franchise game. That is vague. There are several sci-fiction franchises in talks for new movies that could be a video game version of that movie such has:

Men in Black III

Robocop

Predator

Aliens

Star Trek

Heck, they might want to come out with another Matrix movie, Stargate or even Doctor Who.

I suspect if it is a Star Wars game it is Star Wars The Force Unleashed III or Star Wars Republic Commando II. I want a Star Wars Battlefront for my PS3. It would be awesome to play using the next generation consoles. Just has long has a single player mode so I can take on computer AI. I dislike online video games and mutliple player games.

I believe that Lucasarts is too afraid to release any kind of game that is first and foremost a shooter because of the dominance of the Call of Duty franchise. Instead, they are relying on the mediocre Force Unleashed series to carry on the Star Wars franchise. Its a shame, because BF was a great series and sold very well.

I went to my local walmart and bought a brand new PS2 for $99.99 and bought a used copy of Star Wars Battlefront for PS2 from my local Gamestop for $7.99 because I missed the game. I sold my old PS2 2 years ago because the laser went out and I bought the 40GB PS3 thinking it would play PS2 video games. It was the 20GB and 60GB PS3 that played PS2.

All Lucasarts cares about is the stupid Kinect Star Wars game for X-box 360 and the Star Wars The Old Republic online game for PC. PS3 fans get nothing but Lego Star Wars III based off the Clone Wars animated series and Star Wars The Clone Wars Republic Heroes also. The tv series is ok not great. I want a single player Star Wars Battlefront 3.

A studio called Red Fly apparently just got shut down, they made TFU for the wii. Some people speculated that they were working BF3, but i guess not anymore. I think that Spark would be a better bet since I am no fan of TFU especially on the wii.

Archived