Home

Where Are My KotOR 2 saved games?

Al_Ciao

I was planning to transfer some KotOR 2 saves to a different computer. I have successfully done this in the past with other games by going to the save game location in windows explorer and moving/copying the save file.

However, when I go to C:/Program Files (x86)/LucasArts/SWKotOR2/Saves, I see two folders: 000001 - AUTOSAVE and 000002 - Game1.

In each folder are the standard .res files and such, plus the SAVEGAME sav file.

But there is nothing about the 3 different characters I have and multiple saves for each.

When I start up the game itself, though, I can load saved games from there just fine. I just can't find them in Windows Explorer!

What is going on? I'm running Kotor 2 Windows 7 64-bit in Windows XP Compatibility Mode.

Thank you for your help!

Windows 7 (64-bit) KoTOR & KoTOR II game save are located at:

KoTOR:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic\Saves\

KoTOR II: The Sith Lords:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Saves\

The AppData Folder is hidden.

To unhide folders:

1. Open Windows Explorer.

2. Select Computer then C:\

3. Select Users folder

4. Select Organize drop down menu (top left corner)

5. Select Folder and Search Options

6. In Folder Options, Select View tab.

7. In the Advanced settings: window, under Files and Folders & Hidden files and folders (yellow folder symbol), Select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, Then click the Apply button (bottom right).

Now the folders files should be unhidden. Just follow the folder path to your game save.

(Republic Command Saves are also located in the above file path)

• 1 year later...

In reply to this post and many others and have figured out the following that same may not have

................................................................................................

...................................................................................................

..............................................................................................

Yoda327

Windows 7 (64-bit) KoTOR & KoTOR II game save are located at:

KoTOR:

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic\Saves\

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\Saves\

The AppData Folder is hidden.

To unhide folders:

1. Open Windows Explorer.

2. Select Computer then C:\

3. Select Users folder

4. Select Organize drop down menu (top left corner)

5. Select Folder and Search Options

6. In Folder Options, Select View tab.

7. In the Advanced settings: window, under Files and Folders & Hidden files and folders (yellow folder symbol), Select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, Then click the Apply button (bottom right).

Now the folders files should be unhidden. Just follow the folder path to your game save

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I have recently been trying to find out why kotor2 has problems with some cheats not being able to be activated by using the ` symbol for some pc users.

this also was not working for some kotor1 user aswell.

by instead following the commands here which has been mentioned by our good freind yoda327 u can change the swkotor.ini file there by right selcting edit and apply the EnableCheats=1 in this file and save.

This has changed al the problems and i have made a triumpht discovery :thmbup1::thmbup1::thmbup1::thmbup1::thmbup1::thmbup1::thmbup1:

KoTOR:

im pretty stoked. dont do forum much, figure something cool out other forum users couldnt and bam, genious:rolleyes:

Hope this will help every one out there and to every one one this post thank you. please spread the word, this game rulz. you have all helped alot :thmbup1:

Archived