Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part IX: The Eleventh Hour

Ackbar

"I was actually hoping that you would allow me to make my big announcement in your cabin if the Admiral comes by."

Andros, not understanding the conversation asked, "What announcement?"

Jun-la replied, "Nothing you need to trouble yourself. I suggest you go inform Garja of the developments on your modifications."

Andros nodded, aware that he may have stumbled onto something that wasn't meant for him to hear and he hastily apologized, "Yes master." He then went over to Garja and said, "I have the first sensor reports from the fighters sent to Naboo. The modifcations are going well."

Jun-la waited until he was gone and said, "You did ask me to keep it a secret. I never go back on my word." She smiled, "As to your question, feel free to make any announcement you wish."

We may be joining Jun-la and Matton after my shift is done.

Tavaryn supressed the smile that threatened. He had yet to meet his niece's daughter and he had never worked up the nerve to ask her. He sent back, Great. Saves me the trouble of asking. I heard Kaillian defies the definition of pretty. Though it couldn't compare to you.

"You are correct. In fact I just recieved a message that we may have found something important. If you want, I can have the contents of the data transmitted down here right now."

Fen'Harel nodded, "It will be good that we all hear this. Perhaps your representative for the Jedi should be present as well."

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tatooine

"Then it's a good thing that bounty's good whether you're dead or alive. Open fire! Kill the Jedi and the Smuggler!" Doran called out, and both guards and patrons alike drew their blasters at Komad and Iyav.

"You said you could trust him!" Komad shouted, deflecting a couple of shots with both lightsabers.

"I said his intel would be legit, I didn't say he wouldn't try to betray us." Iyav countered, managing a few shots as he made for the door.

"Fair point." Komad conceded, following Iyav out of the cantina.

"They're not going to just let us go, and a firefight like that would certainly attract the attention of the Sith." Iyav pointed out.

"I agree, we need to get to the Eagle as quickly as possible."

Naboo

"We're clear!" Kalla called out to Tonatius. She then sent him the coordinates for the swamp closest to Theed. All the while, a single thought pervaded in her mind. He needs to know, but if he did, he'd have tried to talk me out of this. When can I tell him?

Ackbar

"I have the first sensor reports from the fighters sent to Naboo. The modifcations are going well."

Garja turned from the console he was using to transmitt the data and nodded. "That's excellent news." He thought for a moment. "Unless you have any objection to it, The Admiral and I were wondering if perhaps you would like to oversee modifications to more of the Ackbar's fighters?"

"As to your question, feel free to make any announcement you wish."

Alriana smiled in relief. "Thank you." Her tone changed to a joking one as a sudden thought came to mind. "Do you think we may need a medteam standing by? Just in case Tavaryn faints when I break the news?"

Great. Saves me the trouble of asking. I heard Kaillian defies the definition of pretty. Though it couldn't compare to you.

Alriana smiled again as she heard Tavaryn's voice in her head. She turned to look at Jun-la. "It looks like Tavaryn is looking forward to seeing Kaillian"

I'll see you after my shift is done. She sent. Oh...Admiral Belina might be joining us as well.

"It will be good that we all hear this. Perhaps your representative for the Jedi should be present as well."

Admiral Belina nodded and turned on the comnlink. "Admiral Garja, could you please have the jedi represenative report to the meeting room?"

Deep space

Darth Corial could sense his prey through the force. He had fought the female known as Alriana once and that was all that he needed. He now could recognize her force signature and that was enough.

The former cathar jedi smiled darkly as he focused on her force signature. He could tell that there was something...different about the jedi...something that had not been there before.

He also knew that if he were to try and attack her now he would most likely be killed. He could sense an abundance of life around her. But he could wait.

Ackbar

"Unless you have any objection to it, The Admiral and I were wondering if perhaps you would like to oversee modifications to more of the Ackbar's fighters?"

Andros had to call upon all the calming exercises he knew in order to not jump and shout. He could barely contain his excitement but his voice came out calmly when he replied, "That would be my pleasure. Just as long as it doesn't interfere with my time with my master."

"Do you think we may need a medteam standing by? Just in case Tavaryn faints when I break the news?"

Jun-la gave a great laugh that startled the other crew members on the bridge. She lowered her voice and replied, "Only if you want him to cause a scene."

I heard that moi chroi. Tavaryn's thoughts projected towards Alriana. He hadn't meant to eavesdrop on the conversation but he knew that his aversion to the CMO was a source of entertainment. He then sent, I will see you then, maybe sooner since Belina wants Jun-la in here. As to the admiral joining us... excellent. The last part took on a mischievous tone.

"It looks like Tavaryn is looking forward to seeing Kaillian"

Jun-la replied, "Of course. When does your shift end?"

Naboo

"We're clear!"

Tonatius heard the call and directed his fighter towards the planet. He entered the coordinates and replied, "Well I've always wanted to land in the middle of a swamp."

Ackbar

"That would be my pleasure. Just as long as it doesn't interfere with my time with my master."

Garja couldn't help but smile. "Excellent. I will inform Admiral Belina of your decision. Rest assured, the Admiral will not forget your help. Feel free to begin the modifications whenever you are ready."

"Only if you want him to cause a scene."

"I don't know...I can't help but think that if he did it would cause a few people to have a good laugh. Don't worry though, I don't think that he'd really faint."

I will see you then, maybe sooner since Belina wants Jun-la in here. As to the admiral joining us... excellent.

I'll let her know. Alriana sent. I'm sure that Admiral Belina will be looking forward to meeting Kaillian.

"Of course. When does your shift end?"

"It ends in around six hours. By the way, Admiral Belina wants you to report to the meeting room. I guess they want to talk to the jedi represenative."

Alriana smiled once at Jun-la and then walked over to the security console. She then looked over at Garja. "Anything important happen before my shift Admiral?"

"The team that was sent to the retrieve the data has returned. The Admiral had it transmitted to the meeting room. I think you may want to take a look at it."

Alriana nodded and began to look over the data.

Ackbar

"Excellent. I will inform Admiral Belina of your decision. Rest assured, the Admiral will not forget your help. Feel free to begin the modifications whenever you are ready."

Andros replied, "Heading there now." He nearly bolted past his master and Jedi Alriana as he headed down to where the fighters being kept, aware that his master was laughing.

Jun-la laughed as her pupil streaked past heading to the one thing that brought him more joy next to Jedi training. She turned towards Alriana and replied, "I have a feeling today will be more entertaining than most."

As Garja gave the report Jun-la said, "Surely Admiral is the chief of security is to be informed, shouldn't that officer also be present in the meeting room as well as you? Twould save the trouble of an extra debriefing."

I'm sure that Admiral Belina will be looking forward to meeting Kaillian.

Tavaryn stifled a chuckle. He could tell Fen'Harel's eye was on him and he had to tread carefully. He didn't want Alriana caught up in his troubles with the whole council. Fen'Harel he didn't have a problem with since the man always looked after him, in private of course. He sent back, Oh... that's not what I meant moi chroi. It's been awhile since she's been 'angry' with me. In his mind he sent a chuckle.

Naboo

Once her fighter had touched down in the swamp, Kalla sent a quantum encrypted message back to the Ackbar informing them of their progress. If the Sith were able to intercept it, and that was a big if, the best they could get out of it would be random gibberish. In order to better fight the Sith, the Resistance had begun looking at previously unexplored venues of technological development, the likes of which the galaxy, and by extension, the Sith, had never seen before.

Climbing out of the ship, she said to Tonatius, "Before we continue, there's something I think we should talk about." She had her hands on her stomach, and she hoped he would understand what it meant.

Ackbar

"Heading there now."

Garja raised his eyebrow in confusion and watched as Andros bolted past Alriana and Jun-la. "It appears that your pupil is looking forward to working on those modifications. I wouldn't be suprised if he ends up designing new ships."

"Surely Admiral is the chief of security is to be informed, shouldn't that officer also be present in the meeting room as well as you? Twould save the trouble of an extra debriefing."

Garja thought for a moment and then nodded. "I'll ask if she can be included in the meeting." he said as he opened a comnlink to the meeting room.

"Admiral, this is Garja, Jun-la believes that Jedi Alriana should join the meeting and I do agree with her."

Belina's voice responded after a moment. "I agree. Have Jun-la and Alriana down here as quickly as possible. We need to continue this meeting."

Garja turned to the two of them. "I'd get down there as soon as possible if I were you."

Oh... that's not what I meant moi chroi. It's been awhile since she's been 'angry' with me.

Alriana sent a laugh through their link. I'm heading down to the meeting room right now. I'll see you in a bit.

Alriana turned to Jun-la. "Shall we get going?" She asked.

Naboo

"Before we continue, there's something I think we should talk about."

Tonatius landed his fighter in the swamp and made care look at the readings and made sure they were recorded. Andros had stressed that he needed accurate readings if he was going to continue his work so he might as well please him. When he was finished, he jumped out of his fighter with the grace that was gifted to his people. When he heard Kalla speak, he picked up something in her tone. He replied, "Uh-oh. Sounds serious. What's on your mind?"

Ackbar

"It appears that your pupil is looking forward to working on those modifications. I wouldn't be suprised if he ends up designing new ships."

Jun-la laughed, "Would it surprise you if I told you he actually built a working model? It's a passion of his, tinkering with anything with wires. I encourage it and I see it has proven useful."

She paused while she overheard Belina give the okay for them to head down to the meeting. This ought to be good.

"Shall we get going?"

Jun-la gave smiled and said, "Lead the way Chief of Security."

I'm heading down to the meeting room right now. I'll see you in a bit.

Tavaryn felt pleasure at the prospect of seeing her so soon. Just the thing to ease him out of the bad mood the morning brought. Not a moment too soon moi chroi. I was just beginning to have droopy eyelids.

Fen'Harel took the pause in the wait to stand next to Tavaryn and he whispered, "Your manner is different from when you last stood before me. Could it be that something broke through that stern outlook in life?"

Tavaryn stood at ease and didn't look at Fen'Harel at all. "I have no idea what you are taking about."

Fen'Harel chuckled, "Don't pretend with me boy. I always could see through you. Don't worry. Whatever it is, it certainly has made you a great deal happier. I will inform the rest of the council that you are continuing your duties since there are two Jedi on board as well as a Force sensitive child."

"As you will it," Tavaryn replied as he cast a glance at Fen'Harel and gave a slight grin.

Naboo

Kalla took a deep breath before continuing. "I know this isn't the best time, and I should have said something before we left Tython, but I might as well tell you now. Tonatius, I'm pregnant."

Tatooine

Iyav and Komad made it into Docking Back 94, where the Silver Eagle was docked, only to find Doran and his thugs blocking their path.

"Just come quietly, Jedi. Noone else has to get hurt." Doran said to them.

"Do you think the Sith are going to be happy about you helping us?" Komad asked.

"The information I gave you is vague beyond usefulness. They won't care." Doran clarified.

"But you know more than you told us, don't you?" Iyav asked.

"Of course I do, but everything has its price. And in this case, the price is him." Doran pointed out.

"Then here's a bit of information, free of charge: Iyav has a tendency to tinker with ships, and so does my son. Now, Iyav!" Komad called out, and Iyav pressed a few buttons on his wrist communicator, causing the Silver Eagle's ventral lasers to fire on Doran and his thugs.

"Sorry, old friend." Iyav said to Doran's body, pulling a datapad off the corpse. Leafing over it, he said to Komad, "We've got a lead. Their next target is Dagobah."

"We'll transmit the data back to the Ackbar and to the Temple as soon as we're off this planet." Komad said, heading into the Eagle's main hold.

Ackbar

"Would it surprise you if I told you he actually built a working model? It's a passion of his, tinkering with anything with wires. I encourage it and I see it has proven useful."

"It did suprise me, yes." Garja said. "At times I simply can't believe what he's capable of. Thanks to him, the Ackbar's computers have been upgraded, most of of our fighters are in better working order then ever and the enviormental systems are finally working properly. At times I feel that the resistance would not be doing as well as we are without him."

"Lead the way Chief of Security."

Alriana smiled once and then opened the turbolift door and stepped in, she keyed in the deck that she wanted to go to and held the door open for Jun-la.

Not a moment too soon moi chroi. I was just beginning to have droopy eyelids

Alriana couldn't help but laugh. Stay awake, we wouldn't want the Admiral and the council made at you, she sent in a joking tone.

((I get hit with a double whammy in this RP lol))

Naboo

"I know this isn't the best time, and I should have said something before we left Tython, but I might as well tell you now. Tonatius, I'm pregnant."

Tonatius was giving his full attention to Kalla but when she gave him her news he wasn't sure if he heard correctly. He said, "Um...that was...unexpected." He had no idea of what to say.

Ackbar

Stay awake, we wouldn't want the Admiral and the council made at you

Tavaryn resisted the need to laugh. He replied, Oh it doesn't take much for Belina to be mad at me. He smirked and a slight chuckle came out while he was looking at the admiral. He chewed his lower lip at her expression, letting his eyes twinkle in merriment. He said, "Shameless thoughts Admiral. Mainly those regarding the epic battles on a certain deck along with certain orders."

Jun-la grinned at Garja and replied, "I knew he would be a big help on board the Ackbar." She then followed Alriana towards the lifts. Once they were inside she said to the Jedi, "Alright, what did he tell you that has you want to burst into giggle fits? I could tell he was talking to you." She smiled knowingly.

Naboo

"I know we haven't talked about kids before, and I know we've been careful in the past, but one slip-up is enough." Kalla said. "I should be terrified, but I suppose becoming a mother is nothing compared to living in a galaxy enslaved by the Sith. It's still too early to know anything, and I haven't told anyone else yet. You're the father, so you should be the first to know."

Silver Eagle

"This is the Silver Eagle calling the RSS Ackbar. Please respond. We have information that is vital to stopping the Sith." Iyav sent out, hoping Belina would get it in time.

Ackbar

"Shameless thoughts Admiral. Mainly those regarding the epic battles on a certain deck along with certain orders."

Belina tried to keep a straight look on her face but failed as a slight smile appeared on her face. "I think I know what your talking about." She said as her comnlink began to beep. She sighed. "I'll be right back. Feel free to continue the meeting without me."

Belina moved off towards a corner and answered the comn. "Belina here."

"Admiral, we have an incoming transmission from the Silver Eagle."

"Put it through my comnlink."

"Yes Admiral."

"Alright, what did he tell you that has you want to burst into giggle fits? I could tell he was talking to you."

"He said and I quote: I was just beginning to have droopy eyelids." Alriana said as she struggled not to laugh again.

Silver Eagle

"Admiral Belina, the mission to Tatooine was a bit of a fiasco, but we managed to get what we were after. I'm sending you my report, plus a copy of the data we received now. Short version, lately the Sith have mainly been interested in worlds that are historically significant to them or the Jedi, and they've been developing around what they refer to as 'Focal Points'. We'd have to investigate one of the planets they've targeted to learn more." Iyav explained. "Master Kaltas is conferring with Master Skywalker about this as we speak. He'll contact you as soon as the Jedi Council has discussed it."

Naboo

"I should be terrified, but I suppose becoming a mother is nothing compared to living in a galaxy enslaved by the Sith. It's still too early to know anything, and I haven't told anyone else yet. You're the father, so you should be the first to know."

Tonatius was still reeling from this revelation and he wasn't surprised that it was slightly blunt since that was Kalla's way. He then said, "Well I guess knowing now is as good enough time though I have heard it being less dramatic when it's reveal in a place not crawling with Sith." He gave a slight grin, "I suppose you want to tell me that it's my fault and one I'd gladly accept."

Ackbar

"He said and I quote: I was just beginning to have droopy eyelids."

Jun-la laughed, "Oh yes, being the Sentinel for the Shinigami is exhausting." She led the way off the turbolift and down to the meeting room. They happened to be upon Belina listening on her comm. She asked the Admiral, "Troubling news?"

Ackbar

"Admiral Belina, the mission to Tatooine was a bit of a fiasco, but we managed to get what we were after. I'm sending you my report, plus a copy of the data we received now. Short version, lately the Sith have mainly been interested in worlds that are historically significant to them or the Jedi, and they've been developing around what they refer to as 'Focal Points'. We'd have to investigate one of the planets they've targeted to learn more."

Belina had to resist the urge to hit something. "I'll fully debrief you once you arrive on the Ackbar. Make sure that this information doesn't reach anyone else except those you feel you can trust."

"Master Kaltas is conferring with Master Skywalker about this as we speak. He'll contact you as soon as the Jedi Council has discussed it."

"Good work you two." Belina said. "Make sure you both make it home safetly. Let me know if any problems come up."

"Oh yes, being the Sentinel for the Shinigami is exhausting."

Alriana had to stifle a laugh as they reached the meeting room.

"Troubling news?"

Belina turned to look at the two of them. "There's a situation developing. As soon as the jedi council gets in contact with me we may need to leave. The sith seem to be up to something."

Naboo

Kalla smiled, and playfully asked, "Would you want it to be someone else's?" before adding, "We shouldn't keep Markath waiting longer than we have to. Let's go."

RSS Ackbar

The Silver Eagle touched down in the Ackbar's Starboard Hangar, and Iyav and Komad stepped out. Prior to the debriefing, Komad asked Belina, "Has my daughter sent any word from Naboo yet?"

Naboo

"Would you want it to be someone else's?"

"Then I'd seriously consider the code duello," Tonatius replied with a smirk before kissing her on the forehead. "Though I guess this means I have to endure the lecture from your father and brother."

"We shouldn't keep Markath waiting longer than we have to. Let's go."

Tonatius sighed. "Right." He went to the underside of his fighter and opened a panel. He pulled out two packs and handed one to Kalla. He then grinned and said, "Lead on my fearless leader."

Ackbar

"There's a situation developing. As soon as the jedi council gets in contact with me we may need to leave. The sith seem to be up to something."

Tavaryn had shamelessly overhead the conversation and chose the moment to speak, "And here I was thinking this was a great vacation. I was even considering creating a pleasure cruise out here."

Fen'Harel gave a look to Tavaryn. He had not remembered that Tavaryn could be so glib about things. Then again he never was before. It seemed that this was a new facet to his character or one he rarely let others see and it pained him to see that the boy was not so open with him. He then looked at one of the Jedi that entered.

She looked much like she did. It startled Fen'Harel that the family resemblance was there. He was not surprised however when she joined in the banter.

Jun-la was aware that she was being studied by the Shinigami councilmember. She knew that her family had done great things and it bothered Tavaryn to no great end since all they saw were his parents and not him. Glancing at Alriana though, she knew that was not the case between them. When Tavaryn spoke, she gave a chuckle and added, "As long as we throw in a couple of Sith warships and a plot to take over the galaxy, we'll be set. Don't you agree Alriana?"

Ackbar

"Has my daughter sent any word from Naboo yet?"

Belina answered over the comnlink. "Not that I know of. You might want to head to the bridge and ask Garja, he's been up there longer then I have...wait...I do recall an encrypted message coming in from Naboo. We haven't had time to crack the message yet as it came in quite recently."

"As long as we throw in a couple of Sith warships and a plot to take over the galaxy, we'll be set. Don't you agree Alriana?"

Alriana had to smile at that. "Of course I do. It sounds like fun."

Ackbar

"I know the quantum encryption technology takes a bit of getting used to, but even with the technology, the Sith won't be able to decipher any messages we send with it." Komad commented, admittedly knowing little of how the technology worked himself. "I'll have a look."

Despite the lack of understanding of the technology, decrypting the message was a simple matter of converting the quantum information back into its original audio form. While the message was just informing the fleet that they had made safely to the planet's surface, it was still a relief to know they were relatively safe. It was funny, though. He know both of them could handle themselves in combat, and there was enough dissent on Naboo to hide them from the Sith, and yet he still worried. Father's prerogative, I guess. He thought to himself.

Naboo

"I can't wait to hear what your brother says about this." Kalla commented, though she was thinking more about their journey to Theed. Getting to the city would be easy; getting in and around unnoticed would be hard.

Naboo

"I can't wait to hear what your brother says about this."

"More likely make lecherous comments," Tonatius muttered as he scouted forward. He scanned everything. "He has been since he first met you." They came to the edge of the swamps to the main plains. He looked at Kalla and asked, "So how are we to sneak in when we have wide open spaces between us?"

Ackbar

"Of course I do. It sounds like fun."

Jun-la replied with a slight chuckle, "My kind of girl. Don't let this one go Admiral. She's a keeper."

Fen'Harel chose this moment to speak, "I see humor has made it's way into the Jedi ranks. At the moment I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing." He then directed his attention to Alriana, "You look somewhat familiar Jedi. Might I have your name?"

Ackbar

"My kind of girl. Don't let this one go Admiral. She's a keeper."

Belina looked over at Jun-la and a small smile appeared on her face. "Don't worry, I intend to keep her as long as possible. It's not easy to find spare security officers, especally now that we're at war with the sith."

"You look somewhat familiar Jedi. Might I have your name?"

Alriana turned to Fen'Harel and stood at attention. "I am Jedi Alriana Haltra. I was once a Jedi of the Old Republic around a hundred years back before being put in deep freeze by dark jedi. I was found a few years back and I've been trying to help out as best I can since."

Ackbar

"Don't worry, I intend to keep her as long as possible. It's not easy to find spare security officers, especally now that we're at war with the sith."

Jun-la smiled, "I suppose that includes commanding officers of special groups as well." She gave a slight wink at that. She then said, "Since we are waiting for the others to join us, might I have a moment?"

"I am Jedi Alriana Haltra. I was once a Jedi of the Old Republic around a hundred years back before being put in deep freeze by dark jedi. I was found a few years back and I've been trying to help out as best I can since."

Fen'Harel examined the Jedi from head to toe and he noticed that Tavaryn stood rather uneasily and made a few personal observations. He then said, "I remember a Jedi Haltra. We had sent one of our more junior Shinigami to follow her but they both disappeared. We've heard no word and assumed that they were both lost. How fortunate you survived."

Naboo

"Good question. Like you said, wide open spaces, and it's easy to lose something or get lost in that. After that, it's just a matter of staying off the main road, and entering Theed from the least secure spot." Kalla suggested. Examining her GPS, she added, "Okay, so the least secure entry point is the cliffside. I guess the Sith just let the natural hazards deal with intruders. On the other hand, if we pull it off, we won't have to worry as much about reaching the King. If you don't like it, the second least secure path would be through the sewers."

"Mind you, I still don't know how two people can be enough to foment insurrection across the entire Chommell sector. Even a single squad of Guardsmen would have been a big help." She then commented.

Archived