Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part IX: The Eleventh Hour

Ackbar

"Since we are waiting for the others to join us, might I have a moment?"

Belina looked over at her and nodded. "Of course." She moved over to one of the leftmost corner of the room and motioned jun-la over. "What seems to be the problem?"

"I remember a Jedi Haltra. We had sent one of our more junior Shinigami to follow her but they both disappeared. We've heard no word and assumed that they were both lost. How fortunate you survived."

Alriana was about to respond when she suddenly stood still as a sudden memory rose to the top of her head.

Flashback

102 years ago

Alriana, one of the last remaining jedi looked around the room as she nervously sat down at her table and waited for her contact to arrive. She had been sitting for a few moments when a hooded figure sat down across from her.

"There is no emotion." She said nevously. For all she knew this could be her contact in which case he would answer with another phrase. if it wasn't however...she would be forced to possibly draw her saber in public, drawing unwanted attention to her.

"There is peace. The force will watch over you."

Alriana sighed in relief. The phrase was correct. They would have only a short amount of time before someone would get suspicious. The figure looked around and nodded once to show that so far no one was paying them much attention. "Your transport is ready Jedi Alriana. Landing pad Delta. There is a small freighter that will be waitiing for you." He motioned to a small bag that he was carrying. "We have supplied you with a change of clothes that should allow you to blend in on any world."

Alriana nodded and then looked around again nervously. She could sense force-users nearby. possibly dark jedi...but there was another one somewhere nearby...She couldn't tell if it was a darksider or a lightsider.

The figure sitting across the table looked around as well. "Remember...there are people who still believe that the jedi are victims of Palpatine's ambitions. We have a datapad of a planet that you should be safe on. It should be beyond Palpatine's reach."

The figure handed her a datapad just as the door to the cantina was blasted off it's hinges. Two dark cloaked figures casually marched in. "Nobody move!" The taller of the two shouted as he ignited a red lightsaber. "You may as well show yourself Jedi! We finally managed to track you down. Nobody leaves until the Jedi is found!"

Alriana was close to panic. The shorter of the two dark jedi slowly looked around the room. His gaze paused for a moment as he looked over Alriana. He smiled as he was about to ignite his lightsaber only to suddenly turn around as the sound of another saber ignited. That seemed to be a signal to panic as nearly everyone in the cantina bolted for whatever exits were available. The figure across from her got up and fled into the crowd as another cloaked figure who was using a blue lightsaber fought on against the two dark jedi. Alriana took a last look at the battle that was going on before blending in with the crowd and bolted out the door and headed for the freighter.

Flashback

Alriana could feel the tears begining to form in her eyes. She couldn't seem to hold them back. "This...Shinigami who you had follow me...what was his name? And did he use a blue lightsaber? As for surviving...I didn't survive by choice. The only reason I survived was by pure luck."

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naboo

"Okay, so the least secure entry point is the cliffside. I guess the Sith just let the natural hazards deal with intruders. On the other hand, if we pull it off, we won't have to worry as much about reaching the King. If you don't like it, the second least secure path would be through the sewers."

Tonatius listened to her suggestions. Then a thought came to mind. He asked, "What of the Gungans? If memory serves, they gave a craft to Master Jedi Qui-Gon and his apprentice and they traveled through the planet core. Would that still be an option?"

"Mind you, I still don't know how two people can be enough to foment insurrection across the entire Chommell sector. Even a single squad of Guardsmen would have been a big help."

Tonatius chuckled and said, "I was once told that even a single grain of rice can tip the scale. A waterfall begins with but a drop of water." He used riddles mostly to tease her but they possessed wisdom within them. He teased her frequently with them since his peopel had the tendency to speak as such when trying to make a point.

Ackbar

"What seems to be the problem?"

"No problem at all," Jun-la replied. Sher stifled a laugh since Belina was a very thorough officer and took care of her ships. "I was merely calling you aside to see if you would like to join Matton and I for dinner in our quarters. Kaillian likes meeting new people."

"This...Shinigami who you had follow me...what was his name? And did he use a blue lightsaber? As for surviving...I didn't survive by choice. The only reason I survived was by pure luck."

Tavaryn saw the tears and felt the urge to rush over and gather her in his arms but even he knew that was foolish in this setting. He did the next best thing and reached into a pouch on his utility belt and pulled out a handkerchief and silently handed it to her. He could feel her emotions and sent, Bad memory?

Fen'Harel watched the look on Tavaryn's face and it confirmed his thoughts about the boy. He hid a smile and made a mental note to fudge his report for the rest of the council. Such relations were always frowned upon but not forbidden yet the council had been known to make life difficult. He then answered the Jedi's question, "The Shinigami in question did use a blue lightsaber. Understand though that our order may contain Force Sensitives we do not train in the Jedi arts. This one though was unique much like the Sentinel. He was once a pupil at the temple but left for whatever reason until we found him and he made the choice to join us. The only name he gave us was Xandros. In his report he sent that his charge had been attacked and he defended her. After finding her he said he was going to follow. That was the last we heard of either."

Fen'Harel paused as he watched the Jedi. He sensed that something was off about her though he couldn't quite put his finger on it. He then said, "That you survived is not luck. I believe the Jedi would call it the will of the Force. Though I must say that for the same Jedi to have two Shinigami proficient in the use of lightsabers is probably a coincidence."

Tavaryn muttered, "Or just plain lucky."

Ackbar

"I was merely calling you aside to see if you would like to join Matton and I for dinner in our quarters. Kailanni likes meeting new people."

Belina tried to hide the smile that appeared on her face but failed. "I would love to join you for dinner and I would love to meet kailanni. Believe it or not I don't get to see children that often."

Alriana took the offered handkerchief and wiped the tears away. Now was not the time to weep.

"The Shinigami in question did use a blue lightsaber. Understand though that our order may contain Force Sensitives we do not train in the Jedi arts. This one though was unique much like the Sentinel. He was once a pupil at the temple but left for whatever reason until we found him and he made the choice to join us. The only name he gave us was Xandros. In his report he sent that his charge had been attacked and he defended her. After finding her he said he was going to follow. That was the last we heard of either."

No matter how hard she tried, Alriana couldn't get the memory of the incident at the cantina out of her mind. "I'm sorry." She said quietly. "If I would have known that you had someone following me I would have stayed low and not have drawn attention to myself. If I had done that perhaps you wouldn't have lost him."

Bad memory?

Very bad memory. She sent back. One set during the jedi purge.

Edge of Former Imperial Space

The captain of the Imperial scout ship Visio couldn't help but stare at the image on the viewscreen. One thought was running through his head. They certainly don't build them like this anymore.

The small shuttle on the viewscreen was drifting and it was pure luck that they had detected it at all. They had been scouting out the edge of what had once been imperial space when they had detected a very faint power reading. further investigation had helped them locate the shuttle.

"Captain, from what we have on records this type of shuttle was used mainly by Imperial teams that were sent out to capture jedi and other force users back during the Jedi Purge. Based on what we know this shuttle is nearly a hundred years old."

The captain thought for a moment. "Send a team aboard the shuttle and find out what's onboard. This shuttle may be old but It may have data we can use."

"Yes sir."

Imperial Shuttle

The team that was aboard the shuttle had managed to get life support running at minimal power but it wouldn't last long. As they turned around the corner that would lead them to the bridge they stopped and stared. In front of them were three pods hooked up into the bridge controls.

All three of the pods had figures inside them. Two of the them were cloaked in the robes of a dark jedi while a third was wearing a uniform that no one on the team could recognize.

The leader of the team opened a comnlink to the captain. "Captain, you may want to get ahold of Admiral Belina, I think we found something she may be interested in."

He looked down at the figure wearing the unidentifiable uniform and noticed a lightsaber on his belt. "You may want to contact the jedi as well. It looks like this includes them as well."

Ackbar

"I would love to join you for dinner and I would love to meet kailanni. Believe it or not I don't get to see children that often."

Jun-la returned the smile with one of her own. She replied, "I am pleased. We will expect you tonight. Even if the rest of this day goes badly still come."

"If I would have known that you had someone following me I would have stayed low and not have drawn attention to myself. If I had done that perhaps you wouldn't have lost him."

Fen'Harel frowned slightly at the Jedi's apology. He replied, "There is nothing to apologize for young one. Our order has always served to protect the Jedi. Xandros was following orders. You weren't supposed to know."

Tavaryn chose at that moment to speak. He said softly, "Shinigami are to stay in the shadows. If we must become visible, then we do so in a manner that one would assume we were just another person in the crowd. It is our duty to use whatever means necessary to protect who is under our charge."

"Indeed young one," Fen'Harel added. "Tis not your fault."

Very bad memory. One set during the jedi purge.

Tavaryn resisted the urge to stiffen. He still felt bad that he had brought that up after Geonosis and often if he had to make reference to it, he was vague. He replied, You want to 'talk' about it?

Ackbar

"I am pleased. We will expect you tonight. Even if the rest of this day goes badly still come."

Belina smiled at Jun-la as her comn device went off. "Don't worry, it's going to be the highlight of my day." she said as she turned and headed for a corner.

"This is Belina."

"Admiral, this is Garja. We just recieved a transmission from the Imperial scoutship Visio. It looks like they found an old imperial shuttle. From what we've heard there are three people who are stuck in cryo-sleep. The Visio retrieved the pods and are on the way here. From what we can see there are two jedi wearing black robes and another wearing something that the computer can't identify."

"What is the estimated time of arrival?"

"Three hours."

"Let me know when they arrive."

"Yes Admiral. Garja out."

Belina looked over at Jun-la and shook her head. "I can't believe this. First there was Jedi Alriana and now these three. How many people could have been put in cryo-sleep?"

"Shinigami are to stay in the shadows. If we must become visible, then we do so in a manner that one would assume we were just another person in the crowd. It is our duty to use whatever means necessary to protect who is under our charge."

Alriana nodded. "I understand, still, I wish I would at least be able to thank him for helping me get away, but he is long dead."

You want to 'talk' about it?

As soon as the meeting is done. She sent back.

Ackbar

"I can't believe this. First there was Jedi Alriana and now these three. How many people could have been put in cryo-sleep?"

Jun-la frowned at the discovery. She replied, "That would be difficult to say. Perhaps the Shinigami may have a clue. Did they say how long the units were active?"

"I understand, still, I wish I would at least be able to thank him for helping me get away, but he is long dead."

Fen'Harel looked at the Jedi. he could see why the boy fell for her. She was a compassionate being though he had to admit that initially, from Tavaryn's report, she was rather reluctant and almost succumbed to the dark side. Yet he was persistent in staying claiming he could reach her. Maybe the Force does work in its own way. He replied, "I am sure he would have liked that. If it is any consolation, his name means "protector of all."

As soon as the meeting is done.

Tavaryn glanced at her. He could still pick up her disquiet and it bothered him. He also felt vague feelings of jealousy? Over someone who is more likely dead? It unsettled him and he felt ashamed. It was enough to have him squirm enough that it was noticeable. He replied, I am always here for you moi chroi.

Ackbar

"That would be difficult to say. Perhaps the Shinigami may have a clue. Did they say how long the units were active?"

Belina shook her head. "No. Once the Visio reaches the Ackbar we'll probably find out, The Visio is an older ship and is mainly equiped for scouting out enemy territory. I don't think that the equipment onboard can give an accuarate date."

"I am sure he would have liked that. If it is any consolation, his name means "protector of all."

The tears had vanished from Alriana's eyes. She simply nodded. "That's a fitting name." She said quietly. It wasn't a good thing to dwell on the past.

I am always here for you moi chroi.

Alriana had to try and hide her smile. I know you are Tavaryn. And I will always be there for you if you ever need me.

Imperial Scoutship Visio

The engineer of the Visio smiled with pride as he looked over the pods that were now hooked up to the Visio's main power grid. The captain had ordered that the pods be hooked up so that they could draw power and keep the people in there in cryo-sleep.

The door to the cargo bay opened and he looked up to see the captain walking towards him. "Are the pods hooked into the power grid? I'd like to play it safe and make sure that there are a few security teams waiting on the Ackbar just in case they turn out to be sith."

"Yes sir. The pods should stay active until we reach the Ackbar."

"Come on, we need to have you take a look at the engines. They've been acting a bit strange recently."

"yes sir."

The captain and the engineer both left the room without a second look. A few moments after the doors shut, one of the pod's display screens flickered as the ship shifted, knocking loose a wire that connected it to the power grid.

Warning. Power levels dropping. Backup power is now online. Estimated length of time until failure is Two hours, fiftty nine minutes.

Ackbar

"No. Once the Visio reaches the Ackbar we'll probably find out, The Visio is an older ship and is mainly equiped for scouting out enemy territory. I don't think that the equipment onboard can give an accuarate date."

Jun-la pondered a bit. She then asked, "Do you have a basic description of the occupants of the pods?"

"That's a fitting name."

Fen'Harel gave a slight smile. "Indeed it is. If you happen to meet more of our Shinigami you'll find that many of them have names of meaning. Unfortunately my name comes from the wolf trickster in our stories. Try figuring that one out."

"It's because he was a trickster in his youth... ages ago," Tavaryn whispered to Alriana.

"And I seem to recall your name had some significance," Fen'Harel teased.

Tavaryn immediately flushed a shade of red. He still wondered why his mother gave him that name at times but he liked to think that it was because of his father. He knew full well the tell tale blush was rising on his face.

Ackbar

"Do you have a basic description of the occupants of the pods?"

"Actually yes. Two of them are appear to be jedi but are wearing black robes. One of them has a double-bladed lightsaber while the other had a single lightsaber. The third occupant is wearing a some sort of uniform that the computer can't identify and also has a lightsaber. We don't know if they are dark jedi or not."

Belina thought for a moment again. "Just in case I think I'm going to have a few security teams waiting when we open the pods."

"And I seem to recall your name had some significance,"

Alriana raised an eyebrow and looked over at Tavaryn who's face was a bright red color.

Is there something you want to talk to me about later? She sent. Or would you rather I not know?

Naboo

"I thought about that, but they're too far away." Kalla explained. "We're a lot closer to Theed than we are to the nearest Gungan settlement. The Sith keep a much tighter grip on the Gungans than the human population."

Ackbar

"Admiral, we've just received word from the Jedi. Master Skywalker wishes to speak with you about a joint investigation into the Sith's recent activity." The Ackbar's communications officer said to Belina.

Naboo

"We're a lot closer to Theed than we are to the nearest Gungan settlement. The Sith keep a much tighter grip on the Gungans than the human population."

Tonatius gave a slight frown as he thought some more. "There are the secret passages on the waterfall side of the city. That would be our best shot. Once inside the city, it should be fairly easy to make our way to our contact. I'm no Shinigami but that seems like the best option at this point. What do you think?"

Ackbar

"Actually yes. Two of them are appear to be jedi but are wearing black robes. One of them has a double-bladed lightsaber while the other had a single lightsaber. The third occupant is wearing a some sort of uniform that the computer can't identify and also has a lightsaber. We don't know if they are dark jedi or not."

Jun-la paused at the last description. She then offered, "I would definitely keep an eye on the ones with the black robes. The last I would have the security team just in case. I may be wrong but the third one might be another Jedi like Jedi Haltra." She was referring to the fact that Alriana had been in cryo-sleep herself. Perhaps the rest should know as well. She voiced it, "While we're at it, best not keep something like this from the Shinigami. They do protect the Jedi and now the Republic."

Is there something you want to talk to me about later? Or would you rather I not know?

Tavaryn looked at Alriana, aware that his face was still red. He sent, My name is something of a joke that started with my parents when they were considered courting... and a couple of missions. My father had no Avalonian name so my mother gave him one. Unfortunately they had a run in with someone who knew what it meant and told my father.

Fen'Harel watched the boy turn red. He was well aware of the situation regarding the higher born ladies flocking after him. He gave a slight chuckle and said out loud, "Oh yes. His name has caused quite a stir even among the women in our own ranks."

Ackbar

"I would definitely keep an eye on the ones with the black robes. The last I would have the security team just in case. I may be wrong but the third one might be another Jedi like Jedi Haltra."

Belina nodded in agreement. "I agree. Once the Visio arrives I'm going to have the Shinigami take a look at the one without the dark robes. They kept track of many jedi during the purge so there's a slim chance that they may know who it is."

"While we're at it, best not keep something like this from the Shinigami. They do protect the Jedi and now the Republic."

Belina nodded and then turned to look at Fen'Harel. "Excuse me, but there has been a recent development that you need to know about. It looks like an Imperial scoutship found an old imperial shuttle drifting near what remains of Imperial space. We've found three unknown people in cryo-sleep. Two are wearing black jedi robes and the other is wearing some sort of uniform that the computer can't identify. I was wondering since the shinigami kept track of many jedi during the purge if you could take a look at them once they arrive."

"Admiral, we've just received word from the Jedi. Master Skywalker wishes to speak with you about a joint investigation into the Sith's recent activity."

Belina looked down at the comn that had gone off. "I think I need to take this call in private. I'll be right back."

Belina turned and walked outside the meeting room and keyed the comn device so that it would connect her to Master Skywalker.

"Master Skywalker, this is Admiral Belina. You wished to speak with me?"

"Oh yes. His name has caused quite a stir even among the women in our own ranks."

Alriana playfully crossed her arms and pretended to be angry. Is there something that I need to be aware of? She sent

Visio

There was movement in what was now being called cryo-pod one.

One of the black robed figures was slowly regaining his strength even as the cryo-pod that was reading his vital signs pumped more of the backup power into the cryo-systems trying to put him back into cryo-sleep.

This was drawing more power then the computer inside the cryo-pod had anticipated and was rapidly losing power as the figure inside called upon the power of the force to keep himself awake.

Warning. Backup power failure in thirty minutes and fifty nine seconds.

Ackbar

Is there something that I need to be aware of?

Tavaryn was too embarrassed to realize that she was teasing him and mistook the angry posture for the real thing. He gave a glare at Fen'Harel who was merely grinning at him. "You just had to bring it up," he muttered. He then sent, Understand that my mother had a sense of humor. The reason Fen'Harel brought that up is because my name actually means...handsomewarrior. He sent the last bit out so fast he might as well would have been chewing on spice.

"Excuse me, but there has been a recent development that you need to know about. It looks like an Imperial scoutship found an old imperial shuttle drifting near what remains of Imperial space. We've found three unknown people in cryo-sleep. Two are wearing black jedi robes and the other is wearing some sort of uniform that the computer can't identify. I was wondering since the shinigami kept track of many jedi during the purge if you could take a look at them once they arrive."

Fen'Harel had been silently laughing at Tavaryn's discomfort when Belina gave him the information. When she mentioned the third pod, he went thoughtful. Could it be? He said, "I will definitely be there to greet this third person. I think it might be one of ours."

Meanwhile, Jun-la was watching Tavaryn squirm under Alriana's gaze and she walked up and whispered, "Are you punishing him now?" She gave a grin.

Tython

"Admiral, I trust you've looked at the data that Master Kaltas and Operative Dourden brought back from Tatooine. I believe this is a matter that concerns both the Jedi and the Resistance Fleet." Master Skywalker said to Belina. "I propose that we send a team composed of both Jedi and Guardsmen to investigate Dagobah, their latest target."

Naboo

"That's what I was counting on. We'll just have to be careful about it. Remember what I said before about the cliffs." Kalla replied. Changing subject, she asked, "Do you think we should tell my family and your family at the same time?"

Ackbar

Understand that my mother had a sense of humor. The reason Fen'Harel brought that up is because my name actually means...handsomewarrior

Alriana slowly looked over at Fen'Harel and than back at Tavaryn. She managed to hold in the laughter that was building up inside.

I swear I'm not trying to laugh. She sent. But I will say this, the name handsome warrior doesn't do you justice.

"I will definitely be there to greet this third person. I think it might be one of ours."

Alriana looked up at Fen'Harel. "I think I should be there as well. I had a very difficult time adjusting after I was woken up and this person whoever it is could most likely use some help adjusting."

She looked over at Tavaryn and quickly sent a message. Don't worry, we're still going to visit Jun-la and Matton later, I just think whoever this is could use some brief advice from a fellow cryo-sleeper

"Are you punishing him now?"

Alriana looked over at Jun-la and smiled. "Maybe just a little bit." She whispered.

"I propose that we send a team composed of both Jedi and Guardsmen to investigate Dagobah, their latest target."

Belina had to think for a moment. "It's going to have to wait a few days. Even with Andros working around the clock it's going to take a few days to fix up the Ackbar so it's battle ready again. And it's going to take at least two days before I can get a number of ships repaired that I would like to have in the strike force."

"Regardless, sending the fleet is hardly the best option." Kol clarified. "Until we know more about what they're up to, the best thing for us to do is to go in quietly, figure out what they're doing, and get out. I know Master Kaltas's son is of great importance to the fleet, but he is still a member of the Jedi Order, and I feel we may have need of his technical expertise on Dagobah."

Naboo

"That's what I was counting on. We'll just have to be careful about it. Remember what I said before about the cliffs."

Tonatius grinned at Kalla as he pulled out a harness and some rope, "That's what he have this for."

"Do you think we should tell my family and your family at the same time?"

Tonatius stopped short and almost tripped over his feet. He then said, "Well that was a quick change in topics. As to letting family know... Mother will be pleased and Taryn will be a lecher no matter what. It's up to you moi chroi."

Ackbar

I swear I'm not trying to laugh. But I will say this, the name handsome warrior doesn't do you justice. Don't worry, we're still going to visit Jun-la and Matton later, I just think whoever this is could use some brief advice from a fellow cryo-sleeper

Tavaryn looked at Alriana and frowned slightly but it was spoiled by a slight smile even though his face was still blushing as he sent, You are laughing at me and you'll be the death of me woman.

He then sighed trying to will his face to return to a normal color. It was always this way and one of the main reasons why the daughters kept pestering their fathers to invite him to the estates when he was on Avalon. Hearing the next portion from Alriana about the cryo-sleeper he sent, Just tell him that he's on a ship one hundred years in the future. That'll wake him up.

"Maybe just a little bit."

Jun-la looked at her uncle who was trying hard to be a good little soldier. She smirked at him and replied to Alriana in a whisper, "Good. After it is his fault about you know."

"I think I should be there as well. I had a very difficult time adjusting after I was woken up and this person whoever it is could most likely use some help adjusting."

Fen'Harel was observing the scene before him. It only proved that Tavaryn did have feelings for the Jedi that was pretending to be angry with him. It was a pleasant thing to see personally but he knew that such a thing could cause problems with the more traditionally minded members of the council. He replied in a knowing voice to Alriana, "Indeed just as Tavaryn was with you no doubt."

Ackbar

You are laughing at me and you'll be the death of me woman.

Just tell him that he's on a ship one hundred years in the future. That'll wake him up.

This has to be done in a certain way. She sent back. Remember how scared I was when I first came out of cryo-sleep? I don't want this person to go through everything that I went through after I woke up...I was lucky that I had you to help me...Just think Tavaryn, you and I could help this poor soul out once he wakes up.

"Good. After it is his fault about you know."

Alriana turned to look at Jun-la and smiled in agreement. It just wouldn't be fair if she didn't make Tavaryn blush an interesting shade of red.

"Indeed just as Tavaryn was with you no doubt."

Alriana nodded. "Exactly. I intend to help whoever this is through the most difficult part which is adapting to current time period. Coming out of cryo-sleep is a scary thing, and it just gets worse knowing that everything you once valued is gone."

Visio

The cryopod information display was flashing rapidly as the cryo-pod steadily lost it's battle with the force user inside. After a few moments the pod stopped flashing and the door slowly opened. A dark figure who was half obscured by the gas stepped forward. He reached out through the force to detect the number of life signs aboard and then looked at the cryo-pod to his left and saw that the other figure was wearing black jedi robes. He quickly pushed a few buttons and the pod quietly opened and a second figure unsteadily walked out.

The first figure looked at the last remaining cryopod and then spoke in a raspy voice. "It appears that our target managed to get the drop on us. The last thing I remember is getting knocked out by him."

"He must have put us into cryo-sleep. He must have tried to turn the ship around and didn't know the codes to unlock the navigation system. The sabotage subroutines must have engaged and fried the hyperdrive."

The first one looked around. The area he was in was unfamiliar.

Bridge

"Captain! One of the crypods was just opened and I'm not getting a reading on the second one!"

Please don't be the one with the jedi with the black robes on. "Which pods were they?"

"Cryopods one and two. It appears that the third one is still online."

"Lock down that area and increase power to the hyperdrive. Send a distress call to the Ackbar, I don't care who answers! Just tell them that we have two possibly dangerous force users aboard and we need help!"

"Yes sir!"

Ackbar

Remember how scared I was when I first came out of cryo-sleep? I don't want this person to go through everything that I went through after I woke up...I was lucky that I had you to help me...Just think Tavaryn, you and I could help this poor soul out once he wakes up.

Tavaryn heard her in his mind and he felt berated. He had been irritated and embarrassed by the blushing and took it out in a mean way. He knew what she felt after that. He bit his lower lip as he sent trying to keep the hurt out, Sorry. Probably it would be better you than me. I'm terrible at it anyway. He then turned to walk to one of the windows and gaze out feeling like an arse.

Ackbar

"Until we know more about what they're up to, the best thing for us to do is to go in quietly, figure out what they're doing, and get out. I know Master Kaltas's son is of great importance to the fleet, but he is still a member of the Jedi Order, and I feel we may have need of his technical expertise on Dagobah."

Belina sighed heavily. It looked like the jedi really needed him. "I can have my best squad assembled in a day or two. If you can give me that much time I think I can have a small stealth shuttle with a hyperdrive ready to go."

Sorry. Probably it would be better you than me. I'm terrible at it anyway.

Wait...she sent. I didn't mean to hurt you or make you look like a fool Tavaryn. I just thought that if this is a shinigami that they're bringing in that he could relate to you a bit better then I could. I really want you to be there with me.

The sound of alarms going off in the corridors suddenly rang through the room. Belina could hear Garja's voice echoing through the corridors.

Attention: All hands to battlestations. We have an incoming scout ship that has apparently been boarded by hostile forces. Security teams are to report to the hanger bay. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill.

Belina snapped to attention and instantly motioned for Tavaryn and Alriana to look at her. "Onashi! Jedi Haltra! Get to the hanger bay and help out those security teams! If what I think is true then we may be dealing with dark force-users!"

Belina ran over to a wall panel and opened a comn link to the bridge while keeping a link to Master Skywalker open.

"What's the situation?"

"The scout ship Visio contacted us and told us that two of the cryopods had been opened, apparently one of the force users managed to break out an freeded the other one. The Visio increased it's speed and is now about two minutes away. From what we can hear they tried to lock down the area but the jedi used their lightsabers to cut through and are now approaching the bridge."

"Good call Garja. If this doesn't go well I want you to lock down the hanger."

"Understood Admiral. Good luck."

((So sorry for my long absence. I was getting distracted by reading Harry Potter and I fear Doc was waiting on me. I'll try to get back to this more often again. Alkonium, sending you a PM once I post this.))

Tatooine

For having just endured a crash landing, the Freedom didn't appear to be terribly wrecked, at least from the inside. It was cocked at an angle that suggested only part of the landing gear had broken, and due to the power outage, they were forced to use a maintenance shaft instead of the turbolift to depart. Other than that, the interior seemed remarkably intact. As they reached the airlock that would lead to the intense heat of Tatooine, Kavrik glanced at Nasrene.

"Way I see it," he said, one hand on the manual release, "you've got three options. One," he yanked the manual lock open, "you try to run soon as I've got this door open. Maybe you get to the city before I get you back, maybe you don't. Either way, you end up back in a cell, probably chained to something sturdy until I can get the power back online.

"Two," he started wrestling with the release wheel, "you try something now. Saves me the trouble of hunting you down again, but you still get chained up, which I'm pretty sure is something you're eager to avoid. After all, you've been remarkably peaceful since I let you out from behind the ray shield. Biding your time for an escape attempt, I shouldn't wonder."

There was an audible clunk deep within the door and Kavrik stopped spinning the wheel, turning to face Nasrene. "I think you'll like option three. You stick with me, become a partner. And when I say partner, I don't mean twenty/eighty. I mean fifty/fifty. I can promise you excellent pay, interesting sighteseeing opportunities, and never a dull moment." He grinned, adding, "And we can let your grandparents hang out to dry until you're damn well ready to face them. And with me at your side, you'll face them on your terms, not theirs."

He paused to pull the door roughly open, then turned back to Nasrene. "In the end though, it's your choice. What say you?"

Ackbar

I didn't mean to hurt you or make you look like a fool Tavaryn. I just thought that if this is a shinigami that they're bringing in that he could relate to you a bit better then I could. I really want you to be there with me.

Tavaryn was chewing his lower lip mostly in self-flagellation. He heard her heart in her voice. He replied, I'm not angry with you. I'm angry with myself. I remember when you were in cryostasis and came out of it. It was callous of me to make light of it. Of course I'll go with you. You are my heart moi chroi.

"Onashi! Jedi Haltra! Get to the hanger bay and help out those security teams! If what I think is true then we may be dealing with dark force-users!"

Tavaryn turned around fast as soon as Belina shouted at him. His hand went instinctively to the blade that hung at his waist. He left the lightsaber alone. When Belina gave the order to head to hangar bay and that they might be dealing with dark force users, he was glad that his habits hadn't died. He replied, "Yes ma'am."

Glancing at Fen'Harel, who merely nodded, Tavaryn returned it and started towards the lifts pausing only moment by Alriana. He looked at her and asked, "Like old times right?"

Jun-la decided to stay by the Admiral. If anything the admiral needed to be covered. She said, "Admiral, I'll stay with you. If they are dark force users, we need to have all bases covered."

Ackbar

I'm not angry with you. I'm angry with myself. I remember when you were in cryostasis and came out of it. It was callous of me to make light of it. Of course I'll go with you. You are my heart moi chroi.

Thank you Tavaryn. I'm glad that you decided to help me out with this.

"Like old times right?"

Alriana ran into the lift and smiled at Tavaryn. "Yeah, just like old times. Hopefully these two are still a bit confused since they came out of cryo-sleep."

She turned to the Admiral. "Do you want us to take them alive?"

Belina nodded. "If you can take them alive then do so, but if they give you no choice then I'm authorizing you to use lethal force."

"Admiral, I'll stay with you. If they are dark force users, we need to have all bases covered."

Belina ran over to a wall panel and opened up a hidden compartment and pulled out a blaster pistol. "Thank you. I am a bit worried about Garja though. I know that these two intruders don't know the layout of the Ackbar or how to get the bridge but I can't help but think that he might be leading one of the security teams to the hanger. If anything happens to him I'll be losing both an important asset to the fleet and a good friend."

Ackbar hanger

Admiral Garja looked over the four security teams that were in the hanger and looked over at the Visio which had landed at a sideways angle. The last transmission had said that the crew had locked themselves in the command deck and had locked down the corridors leading to the bridge.

He could see a portion of the hull was being cut away from the inside. He motioned his team forward. "Try and take them alive." He whispered. "Use concussion grenades to try and stun them."

"Yes sir."

finally, the portion of the hull that was being cut away was cut through and two dark robed figures force jumped out of the hole and headed straight for the security team at the other end of the hanger.

"Open fire!" Garja shouted.

Ackbar

"Yeah, just like old times. Hopefully these two are still a bit confused since they came out of cryo-sleep."

Tavaryn looked at Alriana as the lift went down to the deck. He replied, "Nah. Dark Force users have a one track mind." He then pulled out his comm and tapped in, "Tariq, you heard the call?"

Tariq's voice came over clear, "Yes sir and we're already down there. Scatty is having a good time."

Tavaryn chuckled, "Good. We want them alive. ETA ten minutes."

"Copy that."

Tavaryn grinned as he replaced his comm, "Tariq is like a mind reader at times." He then looked at Alriana and his expression softened. He said, "I really am sorry. The heckling just never seems to go away though I understand why my mother gave me my name." He then gave her a kiss on her cheek breathing in her scent.

Andros heard the call from Garja and immediately stopped his modifications. He grabbed his lightsaber and made towards the hangar bays. Without a doubt his master or the other Jedi would be there and he would be there to help. He spotted Garja and ran over and asked, "What's the situation?"

"Thank you. I am a bit worried about Garja though. I know that these two intruders don't know the layout of the Ackbar or how to get the bridge but I can't help but think that he might be leading one of the security teams to the hanger. If anything happens to him I'll be losing both an important asset to the fleet and a good friend."

Fen'Harel nodded and pulled from the belt on his waist a blade that looked rather large but he handled it with ease. He then said, "Well if you wish to help then the Jedi and I will accompany you." He noticed that the admiral gave him a curious look. He replied, "I'm a Shinigami as well and I'm not too old to be wielding a blade." He gave a slight chuckle.

Jun-la gave one too. She said, "Lead the way Admiral."

Ackbar

"I really am sorry. The heckling just never seems to go away though I understand why my mother gave me my name."

Alriana smiled at him. "The name really does fit you." She said even as she sent a message through their link. You really are quite handsome and your one of the strongest people I've ever met. But it's not just those reasons that I love you. Your were kind and were willing to help me after I was woken up.

"If you don't want me to, I won't make any more jokes about your name." she said as they reached the hanger. She ignited her lightsaber and waited for Tavaryn to get his weapons ready. She quietly reached out through the force to touch the minds and instantly pulled back with a look of horror on her face.

"It...It's them." She said quietly. "The two dark jedi who came after me in the cantina."

Ackbar Hanger

"What's the situation?"

"Security team Gamma Fall Back!" Garja shouted as he watched the two dark jedi go after the team at the furthest end of the hanger. He quickly pulled a grenade off the belt of one of the troops next to him and threw it at the dark jedi only to see them unleash a forc push that sent it into the air where it exploded, "Take cover!" He shouted as shrapnel rained down all over the hanger.

Garja then looked over at Andros and pointed at the largest of the dark jedi. "We have two dark jedi loose in the hanger and they are overpowering all attempts to capture them. It looks like that bigger one is in charge and he's proving to the biggest threat. He's already taken out a few security officers."

Garja fired his blaster at the shorter dark jedi only to have the blasts deflected back at him.

"We have a jedi on this ship, where is Jedi Haltra?! She's the security officer and we could really use her help right now!" Garja then looked back at Andros. "Listen, I have a plan. I need you to distract the bigger one until we can get a clear shot on him, Jedi Haltra should be here shortly and then she can help you take on the other one."

"Lead the way Admiral."

Belina nodded once and then turned and ran out of the room as she checked her blaster pistol to make sure it was charged. "Be careful, for all we know they may have already managed to get through the hanger bay and might already be in the corridors."

Archived