Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part IX: The Eleventh Hour

Akbar

After relaying the information to Kavrik, Lys told Garja, "He's resourceful. He'll meet you there."

As Kavrik headed for the conference room, he considered the information Garja had given Lys. On the one hand, having only one Jedi aboard would make explaining his "nonexistence" less of a hassle, but the Jedi acting as ship's chief of security could make things interesting. People who were accustomed to using the Force as a loyalty check tended to be decidedly hesitant to trust someone like Kavrik, who did not present anything to their superior senses. Only time would tell how this one would react.

He arrived to the conference room before Garja and picked a seat that faced the door. When Garja arrived, Kavrik wanted to be able to see him, a habit developed from years of successful bounty hunting and merc work; never turn your back on an unknown person, an open space, or a door, since you can never be fully sure what will present itself there.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Right now I'm more worried about the Death Guards. You remember what fighting them was like." Kalla commented. "I think our best bet is to single him out, and then lure him into the Generator Complex. Remember what Markath said. Sykal's strength lies in intimidation, not combat."

As the two of them entered the Hangar, they spotted the Naboo guard attempting to fight their way to their ships on one side with Sith Troopers, led by Darth Sykal and his Death Guards.

"They haven't spotted us yet; I have an idea." Kalla whispered to Tonatius, but before they said more, a booming voice came through the speakers.

"People of Naboo! Through the aid of the Jedi, I have escaped the Sith's prisons, but too many have not been so lucky. For months we have suffered under the chains of Sith rule, but I say NO MORE! The Sith Occupation of Naboo ENDS TONIGHT!" King Markath's rousing speech elicited wary cheers from the Naboo, and they continued to fight with a renewed vigour, and motivation to free their world.

Naboo

Tonatius nodded, remembering fighting the Death Guard. Not a pleasant experience and one he was trying to delay for some time. He followed Kalla and when they were in hiding to take a look at what to do he said, "I agree we lure him out. What do you have in mind?"

Ackbar

"I'm almost tempted to hand over another one of my medals to Kaillian though."

Jun-la looked over at her daughter who was waving the medal at Alriana and trying to grab both Tavaryn and the Jedi at the same time. She chuckled and replied, "She would love it but I think she would rather play with people."

Kaillian managed to squirm out of Tavaryn's arms and grab a hold of Alriana. She squealed, "Alri!" She gave a neck crushing hug to the Jedi. At one point she nuzzled Alriana's neck to whisper, "Tavy wov you."

"I must say again...whatever it is your cooking really smells good."

Matton gave his scoundrel's grin and replied, "It was how I won the heart of a Jedi."

Jun-la gave a mock scowl and replied, "No it was sheer attitude."

Matton laughed as he caarried the plates to the table. "Well that's everything. I'm guessing you all are hungry?"

Ackbar

"She would love it but I think she would rather play with people."

Belina chuckled as she watched kaillian manage to escape Tavaryn's grip and manage to get a grip on Alriana

"Tavy wov you."

Alriana couldn't help but laugh at what Kaillian had said. "Yes I know he loves me." She said to Kaillian and then she looked over at Jun-la and smiled. "I wonder how she figured that out." She said jokingly

"Well that's everything. I'm guessing you all are hungry?"

Both Alriana and Belina looked over at Matton and nodded. "I must admit I'm getting a bit hungry." Belina said. Alriana looked at the table and smiled. "I'll admit that I'm hungry." She said as she gave a mock warning look at Tavaryn as if daring him to make a joke.

Garja pressed the open button on the lift as it arrived on the deck that the conference room was on and quickly walked towards the door before pressing the open switch.

He walked in and nodded at Kavrik as he sat down in one of the chairs facing him.

"I am Admiral Garja, formally of the Imperial Fleet and second in command of the Resistance forces. If you wish to, you may use whatever resources we have to repair or resupply your ship. I'm sorry that Admiral Belina isn't here but I will relay any questions that you have to her as soon as I can. She will most likely will meet with you in the morning."

"Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them."

Ackbar

"I wonder how she figured that out."

Jun-la gave a knowing smile as she led the way to the table. She gave a slight shrug of her shoulders as if to say she didn't have a clue when she really did.

Kaillian gave Alriana a hug and whispered, "Alri get me fwend?" The little girl then looked at Alriana with large begging eyes.

Tavaryn had seen the warning look from Alriana but couldn't help but joke, "Well I like it when people have a good appetite. He pulled out a seat for Alriana and waited for her to take a seat.

"Look at the turrets on those fighters. We might be able to use them to take out the Death Guards from a distance." Kalla explained. "Of course, we'd only be able to take a single shot before they see us, so we'll have to make it count. Best to aim for the Death Guards."

Kalla then led Tonatius across the rafters, and gestured towards a fighter for him to get into before getting into another one herself. "Now!" She called out, and their two shots were able to strike the Death Guards down, along with several Sith Troopers. Knowing they had been spotted, she immediately drew her lightsaber, and leapt down to the floor.

"Troopers! Execute them!" Darth Sykal shouted out.

"Only a coward has others do his killing for him!" Kalla shouted back. "He who gives the sentence should swing the sword."

"Leave the Jedi and her boyfriend to me." Sykal instructed the Troopers, "I don't care about Pestilus' grudge against you, or how valuable your unborn child would be to the Sith, you will die by my hand!"

Kalla just calmly replied with, "We'll see about that."

Ackbar

"Alri get me fwend?"

"Well I like it when people have a good appetite."

Alriana gave Tavaryn a mock death glare before turning back to Kaillian and nodding yes. A sudden thought came to her mind. "Alright Kaillian, this is what happens when tavy makes fun of me."

Alriana playfully punched him in the arm and took the seat he was offering before smiling at him slyly. It was a look that said I know something that you don't know.

Ackbar

"Alright Kaillian, this is what happens when tavy makes fun of me."

When Kaillian watched Alriana punch Tavaryn she let out a giggle. With her little hand she slapped Tavaryn's hand on the chair. "Tavy tease Alri."

Tavaryn knew he was outnumbered but that didn't mean he would take it lying down. He said, "Well Kaillian this is what happens when Alri punches me." He then gave her a kiss on the cheek and gave a saucy grin that said clearly he was up to her game.

Kaillian squealed and wrapped her arms around her Tavy's neck so that when he straightened up she was hanging off him. He grinned at her and said, "Seems like you already know your mind."

Kaillian giggled as Tavaryn sat next to Alriana. Jun-la made a face and said, "Such a little manipulator. Much like her father."

"Hey," Matton fiegned injury. He then offered glasses of tea from Avalon. "Tea anyone?"

Naboo

Tonatius drew out his own blade and stood ready to defend Kalla's back. He said, "Only one side will remain standing this day and it certainly won't be you."

Ackbar

"Tavy tease Alri."

Alriana stared at Tavaryn with a mock death glare. "Yes. He does like to tease me." she said as Tavaryn kissed her on the cheek and smiled at her. "I'll deal with him later." She said with a large smile on her face. She knew that if she was going to reveal the news soon she would have to wait for the right opportunity to reveal itself.

"Tea anyone?"

Belina raised her hand. "I'll take some."

Sith Vessel Fury

Darth Corial stared out at the endless reaches of space, he was lost in thought as he thought of his new ability. He knew how to locate the Galactic Resistance flagship through the force sensative minds on it. He wouldn't be able to find it if they left on a shuttle or something like that but right now he knew they were on the flagship.

This was a unique opportunity to finally get rid of Supreme Commander Belina and Grand Admiral Velerc. He already had an assassin aboard the Death's Head. It would be a simple matter to have him somehow get aboard the Ackbar and kill the supreme commander.

"Open a secure line to our agent aboard the Death's Head. inform him that Darth Corial would like a word with him."

Ackbar

Tavaryn sat holding Kaillian who clutched his neck giving a crushing hug. She then said, "Mees hungwy."

Tavaryn chuckled and said, "Well I guess we better get started. Plus I think someone is too polite to admit that they are starving." He glanced at Alriana with a smirk. He then sent, I know you're planning something and I wonder what that is?

With the Death Guards out of the picture, the Naboo soldiers were able to press on, and reach their fighters, launching as Kalla, Tonatius, and Lord Sykal entered the generator complex.

While Markath was right about Sykal preferring to let others fight and kill for him, it meant that when he was on his own, Kalla and Tonatius had no idea what to expect. In combat, he was far more crude and wild than his typical demeanour would suggest.

Of course, as with anything wild, defeating him would be a matter of careful timing.

Ackbar

"Well I guess we better get started. Plus I think someone is too polite to admit that they are starving."

Alriana shot another mock glare at Tavaryn and was tempted to use the force to trip him up a bit but decided against it. It would set a bad example for Kaillian and she didn't want Jun-la mad at her.

I know you're planning something and I wonder what that is?

You'll find out. She sent back, keeping her emotions under control. She didn't want him finding out yet.

Imperial Flagship Death's Head

I want both the Grand Admiral and Supreme Commander Belina eliminated. Do you understand me?

The sith spy who had managed to infiltrate the Death's Head nodded once and then closed the channel before it could be traced. He turned towards the container where he had hidden his lightsaber and grabbed the lightsaber and hooked it to the inside of his uniform keeping it safetly hidden from view.

He had been looking forward to this day since he had managed to infiltrate the crew. At last...He could finally accomplish something that would cripple the galactic resistance.

He made sure the lightsaber was hidden from view before walking out the door of his cabin and headed for the bridge.

Ackbar

Jun-la noticed the idea that flitted across Alriana's face and guessed that she had a trick up her sleeve. She said, "I suppose this would be a good time to use the Force trivially. i enjoy a good prank of two myself." She gave a naughty smile at the Jedi.

You'll find out.

Tavaryn smirked at Alriana. Troublemaker, he sent, You just love it.

Naboo

Tonatius stood his ground beside Kalla, facing Sykal. This would be no typical fight so it would have to be played smart. He glanced at her and then asked, "Plan of attack?"

"He's too aggressive to engage directly. We'll have to avoid him until he makes a mistake." Kalla suggested. "For lack of a better analogy, it'll be like tripping a charging Shaak."

She then dodged another of the Sith Lord's strikes, not knowing what he was leading them towards. Then, just as he attempted to charge at them, Kalla leapt out of the way, and seeing the opportunity, slashed him across the leg, wounding him enough to even the odds.

Ackbar

"I suppose this would be a good time to use the Force trivially. i enjoy a good prank of two myself."

Alriana slowly turned to Tavaryn and a smirk appeared on her face as she used the force to rock the chair side to side. Not enough to send him flying from the chair but enough that he would have to grip the sides of it to keep from falling off.

Troublemaker

Alriana smiled again and didn't say anything. Belina who was watching Alriana rock the chair started laughing. "It looks like you better watch what you say around her if she can do that." She said as she continued to laugh.

Naboo

Tonatius nodded and followed Kalla's lead, dodging the charges of the Sith Lord. It was like playing the old game of keep away with his brother when they would tease each other by taking each other's toys and dodging the attempts to get them back. He sprang lightly on his feet.

When Kalla gave him an injury, he took a chance and leaped forward and like a snake, he struck with his blade giving a slash to a fleshy thigh. He pulled back quickly to a defensive position, blood dripping down his blade. He looked at his opponent. "A dance to the death eh?"

Ackbar

Tavaryn held the sides of the chair while Kaillian held onto his neck and was giggling hard. "Tavy make go more!" Tavaryn laughed not at all put out by the chair rocking.

"It looks like you better watch what you say around her if she can do that." She said as she continued to laugh.

Tavaryn replied to Belina, "Oh if anything she should watch out. I tend to strike when one least expects it" He gave a sly grin towards Alriana. Then as if nothing were amiss, he picked up his set of chopsticks and the bowl and picked a piece of meat out and held it out to Kaillian who opened her mouth for the piece of food.

Jun-la couldn't help but grin as she did the same. She knew what her uncle said was true. He would wait, often for days before getting back at someone and he always seemed to know when their guard was down enough. She commented to Belina, "His patience makes up for the trouble he causes on the med deck."

In too much pain to charge or strike wildly, Sykal resorted to a more typical style of lightsaber combat, something he was clearly not accustomed to. He attempted a swing at Kalla, but she was able to parry it easily enough, following it with an elbow to his face, and before he had a chance to recover, she sheared the hilt of his lightsaber in half.

"Start talking. What do the Sith want with my child?" Kalla asked, pointing her lightsaber at his throat.

"I don't think so. Lord Pestilus will have my head for this failure, but you're still my enemy, and I won't give you this satisfaction." Sykal replied, launching himself into the nearest plasma column. Not even dust remained.

"I hate it when they do that." Kalla commented.

Akbar

"I am Admiral Garja, formally of the Imperial Fleet and second in command of the Resistance forces. If you wish to, you may use whatever resources we have to repair or resupply your ship. I'm sorry that Admiral Belina isn't here but I will relay any questions that you have to her as soon as I can. She will most likely will meet with you in the morning."

"Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them."

Kavrik listened intently as the Admiral spoke, but kept silent until he paused for questions. If anything about Garja impressed Kavrik, it was that he did not shy away from his past, from who and what he had been. The fact that the Resistance had placed so much trust in him was also intriguing, but that was a subject for a later date.

"I have many questions," Kavrik said, "most of which I am content to find answers to later. Most of those, you'll have to forgive my being rather out of touch with current events." He shook his head. "But no, my immediate question relates to your offer of supplies to repair and resupply my ship. Does that extend to supplies to repair something I have aboard?"

Knowing no one in their right mind would answer yes with so little to go on, he went on. "She's a droid, a highly unique droid and I've been trying to repair her ever since I acquired her. The best I've been able to do thus far is to patch her into my ship's computer system. She was the voice you spoke to earlier, the one who told you my reasons for the scans I was having her run."

Ackbar

"But no, my immediate question relates to your offer of supplies to repair and resupply my ship. Does that extend to supplies to repair something I have aboard?"

"She's a droid, a highly unique droid and I've been trying to repair her ever since I acquired her. The best I've been able to do thus far is to patch her into my ship's computer system. She was the voice you spoke to earlier, the one who told you my reasons for the scans I was having her run."

Garja nodded. "Yes. Feel free to grab anything that you need to repair your droid. If you wish I can direct you to our repair bay where you will most likely be able to find anything you need."

"Oh if anything she should watch out. I tend to strike when one least expects it"

Alriana sighed heavily and stopped rocking the chair. She would have to find some other way of getting back at him. Something he wouldn't expect.

"His patience makes up for the trouble he causes on the med deck."

Belina had to stifle a laugh. "I've heard of the trouble he causes. Did you know that the Chief medical officer has complained to me about him nearly five times since he came on board?"

Death's Head

The agent quietly arrived on the bridge through the lift and walked towards one of the consoles while looking for the Grand Admiral who it seemed was not on the bridge on the moment.

He turned and grabbed the arm of a passing crew member and motioned him off to the side. "Excuse me, where is the Grand Admiral? I have a message for him."

The crew member pointed towards the briefing room. "He is currently looking over fleet movements. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you delivered your message and than left immediately."

The agent nodded and headed for the briefing room and closed the door behind him as he walked in. "Excuse me Grand Admiral. But I have a message for you."

The Grand Admiral looked up just in time to see the agent summon his lightsaber to his hand and ignite it.

"The sith empire sends it's regards Grand Admiral." He said as he swung the lightsaber towards the Grand Admiral's neck.

Weary from the fight, Kalla and Tonatius were greeted by King Markath as they stepped out of the Generator Complex.

"What happened in there?" He asked them.

"We bested Sykal in combat, but he killed himself before we could get any information out of him." Kalla explained before asking, "What happened out here?"

"Any Sith ships that our fighter were unable to destroy have fled, most likely to Coruscant. We've won." Markath said. "We couldn't have done it without you. Let your leaders in the Resistance know that they'll have our full support."

Ackbar

"I've heard of the trouble he causes. Did you know that the Chief medical officer has complained to me about him nearly five times since he came on board?"

Tavaryn continue to eat while sharing with Kaillian and replied, "Oh yes. The last one was actually quite fun for me."

Jun-la took a bite and said, "Indeed though I think to get you to do anything would be to chase you around with a medical scanner." She then sent silently to Alriana, Don't worry. Your announcement will be surprise enough.

Fen'Harel took his time exploring the Ackbar deciding to remain on board for a time. He wanted to get a chance to speak to the Jedi that held Tavaryn's heart and discover her feelings. Plus he wanted to reacquaint himself with Xandros. He found him in the training room and said, "I see that you still have a knack for handing someone theirs Xandros. It's as if you never left."

Naboo

Tonatius was weary from the fight but glad that it was over. He acknowledged the King's statement and replied, "The Resistance thanks you King Markath. We will let them know. Is there anything else you require?"

Akbar

"Thank you," Kavrik said. "Now on to the reason I'm here." He paused thoughtfully. "Given the fact that Admrial Belina's little friend Viron got a lightsaber through the heart, I know you're going up against Sith." He hesitated again, wondering how much these people had heard about him. "I'm afraid I've been more than a little out of touch with what's going on in the galaxy these days. If you could also send a report on recent events to my ship, I'd appreciate it."

He leaned forward, resting his elbows on the table. "With that aside, may I ask exactly what I've gotten myself into here? I've established with Admiral Belina sort of vaguely which of my services you require, but that's not much to go on. What's your mission that means you need someone like me, someone adept at... dealing with Sith?"

Ackbar

"Oh yes. The last one was actually quite fun for me."

Both Alriana and Belina sighed and shook their heads. Belina looked over at Alriana and shook her head. "Promise me that you'll make him go easy on our chief medical officer. I don't think she can take much more of him."

Alriana looked over at Tavaryn and smiled a predatory smile. "Don't worry Admiral. I'll make sure he behaves."

Ackbar Training Room.

"I see that you still have a knack for handing someone theirs Xandros. It's as if you never left."

Xandros had been staring at a wall in silent thought when Fen'Harel had walked in. Xandros had been thinking...he had seen the way that the jedi he had once been assigned to protect looked at Tavaryn...and the way that he looked at her.

"Thank you sir." He said quietly as he thought more and more on the two of them. He had known that he had always felt protective of his charge...but knowing that while he had been stuck in deep freeze she had gone and met someone...the thought made him angry for reasons he couldn't understand.

He looked up at Fen'harel and clenched his hand in a fist. "Sir...I would like to know more about Tavaryn. As you know I have been gone a long time and I would like to know more about him."

"I'm afraid I've been more than a little out of touch with what's going on in the galaxy these days. If you could also send a report on recent events to my ship, I'd appreciate it."

"Of course." Garja said. "You will have a full report downloaded to your ship as soon as possible."

"With that aside, may I ask exactly what I've gotten myself into here? I've established with Admiral Belina sort of vaguely which of my services you require, but that's not much to go on. What's your mission that means you need someone like me, someone adept at... dealing with Sith?"

Garja sat back in his chair. "As you may know, the sith managed to take Coruscant right from under us. We've found out that they are showing an interest in worlds that are sensitive to the force. I'm not sure exactly what is going on with that but we recently recieved information that they may be planning something on the planet Dagobah. I believe that we are sending a strike team to find out what they're doing. I think that the Admiral would like you to join the strike team."

Ackbar

"Don't worry Admiral. I'll make sure he behaves."

Tavaryn politely pretended not to listen. He knew that Belina while annoyed that the CMO complained about him was amused by his antics. He did get the feeling that Alriana was planning something. Something in her smile said it. He sent, I see you are planning something moi chroi. Are you going to try something?

Kaillian knew something was going on and she smiled as she finished sharing Tavaryn's plate with him. She said, "Tavy play now?"

Jun-la was finishing herself and said, "It's all right. I think the exercise will tire her out enough." She then looked at Belina and said, "She may charm the Admiral out of more medals."

Matton laughed and said, "She's a natural. She'd be great at pazaak."

Tavaryn laughed as he set Kaillian on the ground and stood up, amused that a 2 yr old was making him do things. He said, "Oh if you want me to behave Admiral turn Kaillian loose."

"Sir...I would like to know more about Tavaryn. As you know I have been gone a long time and I would like to know more about him."

Fen'Harel considered the request carefully. He noticed the young Shinigami clench his fist and wondered if there was something more to it than a simple request. He would give the basics and encourage Xandros to seek out Tavaryn. He replied, "Tavaryn is one of the order. He is the son of two known Jedi: Ashira-Li Starlighter and Obi-Wan Kenobi. He grew up in the order during the purges. He is a good brother. Is there anything else you wish to know?"

"Nothing more from the two of you." Markath replied. "Farewell, and I wish you the best of luck. Both as freedom fighters now, and as parents soon enough."

"Let me just transmit my report to the Ackbar, and we'll be off." Kalla said to Tonatius.

RSS Ackbar

"Admiral Garja, Jedi Kaltas and Iazoki's fighters have just come out of hyperspace. Do you wish to speak with them yourself, or should I try to reach Belina about this?" One of the bridge officers asked.

Archived