Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part IX: The Eleventh Hour

Akbar

Kavrik knew the Sith were greater in number now than they had been last he knew, but the taking of Coruscant was something he had not realized them capable of. Ever since his resurrection, he'd been sticking to the Outer and Mid Rims, knowing that the Core Worlds would be the more likely location of anyone who might remember him, and remember what he'd once been known for. If there was anything he wanted in this new life he'd been given, it was to gain considerable distance from the past in which he commonly associated with the Sith.

"I've been living under a rock," he said quietly, finding only a little amusement in the fact that a phrase often used metaphorically applied to him literally. "I confess, I've run into more Sith in my Outer Rim travels than I had anticipated, but I never imagined them powerful enough to take Coruscant."

He ran a hand through his hair and took in a deep breath, releasing it slowly. Then, seeming almost cheerful, he jumped to his feet. "Well, it's late, or something. Think I'll get some rest before it's time to meet Belina and your Jedi security chief. And maybe I'll read that current events report too. It'll be good to go into that meeting being up to date."

He moved toward the door, pausing only as he drew near to Garja. "You're an honest man, Garja. Few men in your position would admit to having once been part of the Imperial fleet. Maybe soon, I'll repay you that kindness, tell you of the demons of my past."

He moved to the door and paused in the doorway to call over his shoulder, "Until then, I bid you goodnight."

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ackbar

I see you are planning something moi chroi. Are you going to try something?

You'll just have to wait. She sent in a teasing voice.

"She may charm the Admiral out of more medals."

Belina looked down at her medals and smiled. "She probably will. I'm already thinking of which ones she's going to go for."

"Oh if you want me to behave Admiral turn Kaillian loose."

Belina looked down at Kaillian and laughed. "I was actually thinking the next time you cause trouble the Chief medical officer and I were going to knock you out and drag you to the medbay for a day in the bacta tank."

"Tavaryn is one of the order. He is the son of two known Jedi: Ashira-Li Starlighter and Obi-Wan Kenobi. He grew up in the order during the purges. He is a good brother. Is there anything else you wish to know?"

Xandros's other hand clenched in a fist.

"Yes...there is something else that I would like to know. What is his relationship with Jedi Alriana?"

Xandros could feel his anger building and no matter how much he was trying to control it he was still having trouble. He thought that he knew what their relationship was but he still needed to hear it from someone else before he could fully believe it.

"Admiral Garja, Jedi Kaltas and Iazoki's fighters have just come out of hyperspace. Do you wish to speak with them yourself, or should I try to reach Belina about this?"

Garja listened to the question over his comnlink and thought for a moment before replying.

"Instruct them to land. Admiral Belina has taken the night off and I am currently speaking with someone. As soon as I am finished I will meet with them in the Admira's ready room." Garja quickly shut off the comnlink and turned back to Kavrik.

"I confess, I've run into more Sith in my Outer Rim travels than I had anticipated, but I never imagined them powerful enough to take Coruscant."

"To be fair...they managed to trick most of the fleet and the former leader of the Republic into believing that the sith were allied with them."

"You're an honest man, Garja. Few men in your position would admit to having once been part of the Imperial fleet. Maybe soon, I'll repay you that kindness, tell you of the demons of my past. Until then, I bid you goodnight."

Garja nodded at him. "I'm not that fond of my former imperial days. I'm just glad that Admiral Belina gave me a chance to redeem myself."

He turned the comnlink back on and opened a channel to the bridge. "Bridge, this is Garja. Please send a data pack to the Freedom in the hanger bay. The data pack is to contain all information on what we know of the sith and recently galactic history. If he requests anything else please send it to his ship."

"Yes Admiral."

Death's Head

Admiral Velerc instantly hit a button on his desk and a small compartment on the top of his desk opened and a small hold-out blaster fell on the desk. He quickly grabbed it and fired off a few shots that were easily deflected but forced him to go back a few steps.

"You are only delaying the inevitable Admiral. Once you and Admiral Belina are dead there will be no one left to stop the sith. Accept your death with dignity Admiral."

Garja had had a few moments to think and he was coming up with a plan. "How did you get aboard my ship?" He asked as he sought to buy himself another moment.

Naboo

Tonatius nodded to Kalla. He then said, "I'll arrange to see about getting transport back to the fighters. Your brother must be anxious to go over all the specs he put on." He gave Kalla a gentle kiss on the cheek before turning away. He did manage to send, Perhaps once back, we can talk.

Ackbar

"Yes...there is something else that I would like to know. What is his relationship with Jedi Alriana?"

Fen'Harel studied the young man in front of him. He could see anger and possibly jealousy brewing underneath. It could spell trouble but the two would need to work it out for themselves. Even he was not completely sure of the relationship between Tavaryn and the Jedi he met. He replied, "Even I am not certain but they are close. Tavaryn has been the only one willing to help her adjust to life out of cryostasis and I think he needed a saving grace just as much as she did. If you really wish to know, I suggest you ask them."

"I was actually thinking the next time you cause trouble the Chief medical officer and I were going to knock you out and drag you to the medbay for a day in the bacta tank."

Tavaryn gave a mock groan of despair as he gave a slight laugh. "You'd have to catch me first Admiral."

Kaillian laughed and held up the medal Belina gave her, "Tavy funny. Lookiee pitties."

"She probably will. I'm already thinking of which ones she's going to go for."

Jun-la watched her daughter play in her uncle's arms. He did seem happy holding her. Maybe it wouldn't come too much as a shock when Alriana told him. It seemed that of all of the siblings, he took much of the crap from the galaxy and pressed forward. She knew that her father and aunt would ask about their mother since he knew more about her than they did. They never blamed each other but always shared what they knew. She replied, "Well she seems happy with the one you gave her, Admiral."

Jun-la then stood up and said, "This was enjoyable. Would anyone like a drink?"

Starboard Hangar 2, RSS Ackbar

Kalla and Tonatius stepped out of their fighters, to find Kalla's brother waiting for them. "I was expecting more of a welcoming committee, but I'm glad you're here, brother." She said to him. "The mods you put in have working perfectly, especially the quantum encryption system. Now, what's this I hear about you and a certain female Guardsman?"

Ackbar

"Even I am not certain but they are close. Tavaryn has been the only one willing to help her adjust to life out of cryostasis and I think he needed a saving grace just as much as she did. If you really wish to know, I suggest you ask them."

Xandros sighed. If only I would have come out of cryostasis earlier...I could have possibly been the one to help her. I was the one who was charged with protecting her during the purge.

"Thank you sir." Xandros said as he turned to leave.

"You'd have to catch me first Admiral."

Belina smiled slyly. "Oh no...I'd have Garja track you down. I hate to admit it but he's probably more of a match for you than I am."

"Well she seems happy with the one you gave her, Admiral."

Belina looked down at Kaillian and smiled. "I hope so. I'd hate to have to give up my Medal of valor. Thats one medal I would rather keep."

"This was enjoyable. Would anyone like a drink?"

Belina raised her hand. "I'd like one. I'm still a bit thirsty." Alriana also raised her hand. "I'll take one as well."

Ackbar

"Thank you sir."

Fen'Harel looked at Xandros and got the idea that the boy may be harboring guilt and jealousies. He replied, "Do not jump too hastily Xandros. Such things occur with time and I for one know a good conversation tends to lay everything bare."

"Oh no...I'd have Garja track you down. I hate to admit it but he's probably more of a match for you than I am."

Tavaryn nodded as he put Kaillian down and let the little girl tug him to the main sitting area. She then brought one of the toys that was broken and held it up to him and asked, "Fix pwease."

Tavaryn couldn't resist and took the toy into his hands and began looking at it. He took it apart and began to fiddle with the wiring inside. He began chattering in Avalonian, making Kaillian giggle and squeal.

"I hope so. I'd hate to have to give up my Medal of valor. Thats one medal I would rather keep.""I'd like one. I'm still a bit thirsty."

Jun-la laughed as she watched her uncle being led by her tottering two year old to go fix a toy that even Matton couldn't fix. She diverted her attention back to Belina and replied, "Don't even bring that one out otherwise she'll decide she wants it and then you'll never get it back." She went to pour a drink for the admiral.

"I'll take one as well."

For Alriana, Jun-la picked up an amber liquid. It was non-alcoholic but tasted very good. She poured it and gave a knowing look before sending, Don't want to do anything that would be bad for you know what.

Ackbar Hangar

"The mods you put in have working perfectly, especially the quantum encryption system. Now, what's this I hear about you and a certain female Guardsman?"

Andros had been working on mods for more of the resistance fighters since his initial readings were good. Now he had to get everything from the fighter computers to make an accurate assessment and bring it to the admiral.

He greeted his sister and her boyfriend. He still had trouble thinking Tonatius in terms of that. He liked the guy and he had shown interest in his work but the idea of his sister actually liking someone... he was still on the fence about it.

Of course he didn't expect the teasing question from his sister and now he had to reap the consequences or try to wheedle his way out of it. He replied, "What is it that you have heard Kal?

Ackbar

"Do not jump too hastily Xandros. Such things occur with time and I for one know a good conversation tends to lay everything bare."

Xandros turned to look back at him and nodded. "I won't sir. I will have a talk with Tavaryn once I've calmed down a little bit."

"Don't even bring that one out otherwise she'll decide she wants it and then you'll never get it back."

Belina turned to look at Kaillian and then at her Medal of Valor which was pinned on the inside of her jacket. She unpinned it and placed it on one of the pockets on the inside of her jacket. She looked over at Jun-la and smiled. "I think I'll keep it in there for the rest of my visit just in case..."

Don't want to do anything that would be bad for you know what.

Alriana smiled. Thank you. I never had much of a taste for alcohol anyway. she sent. She looked over at Tavaryn who was still looking over the toy and smiled. I'm almost tempted to let him know now...What do you think? Now or later?

Ackbar

"I think I'll keep it in there for the rest of my visit just in case..."

"Wise choice," Jun-la replied. She gave a glance at Matton who recognized it as a signal that he was to get dessert. They shared a smile before he disappeared.

I'm almost tempted to let him know now...What do you think? Now or later?

Jun-la glanced over at her uncle playing around with the toy while Kaillian sat at his feet. She replied, Your choice. However if you want to catch him off guard this would be your chance. Might be entertaining.

Tavaryn in the meantime was finishing his work on the toy. One last wire and there. He put the casing back on and it came to life. It was a miniature model of the X-wing fighter. It started flying around and Kaillian laughed. "Tavy fixed it!"

Tavaryn grinned and replied, "Now you have to catch it."

Kaillian squealed as she tottered around trying to catch the thing while Tavaryn watched. He was trying hard not to laugh but he enjoyed the moment. He actually thought what it would be like to play with a child that was his own but could he even ask that of her? He was going to ask the harder question later but that? He thought about it hard unaware that his own thoughts were leaking through the bond towards Alriana.

"I won't sir. I will have a talk with Tavaryn once I've calmed down a little bit."

Fen'Harel nodded at Xandros. He said, "I believe that he is an early riser. He usually takes coffee around 0600 if I am not mistaken.

Ackbar

Your choice. However if you want to catch him off guard this would be your chance. Might be entertaining.

Oh yes...I would love to get him off guard. Alriana sent back. She smiled as she watched Tavaryn play with Kaillian. She almost burst out laughing when Kaillian started chasing the toy X-wing.

Her smile was replaced with a look of shock for a split second when she felt Tavaryn's emotions and thoughts through their bond.

"Tavaryn..." She said quietly as she got up and sat down next to him. "I...could feel your thoughts a moment ago through our bond. And...I..." She looked helplessly at Jun-La before taking a deep breath and composing herself.

"I know that you've wondered what it would be like to have a child of your own...and I just want to say that your going to find out."

She smiled and whispered two words in his ear. Words that she hoped he would take delight in hearing. She wouldn't mind seeing him faint either but she doubted that would happen.

"I'm pregnant."

"I believe that he is an early riser. He usually takes coffee around 0600 if I am not mistaken."

"Thank you sir." Xandros said again. "If you don't mind, I'm going to go and get some sleep. That Xeran character I was fighting took quite a bit out of me."

Death's Head

"How did you get aboard my ship?"

"That doesn't really concern you Admiral." The agent said as he stabbed the lightsaber forward and managed to catch the Admiral's side. The admiral gasped in pain and hit the ground. The agent smiled and brought the lightsaber down and the blade pierced the Admiral's stomach.

"My work here is done." The agent said and looked back at the dying Grand Admiral. "Rest assured, you will not be the only one dying today Grand Admiral. Supreme Commander Belina is next on the list. In fact, I should be able to report back to the Sith within in a few hours if she goes down as easily as you did."

The agent deactivated his lightsaber and hid it inside his jacket before walking out the door and closing it behind him. He quickly made his way to a turbolift and quickly arrived at the shuttle deck. He quickly made his way to a small fighter and started it up just as an alarm went off. I should have made sure the Admiral was dead. he thought as the fighter shot through the closing doors and began to head towards the Ackbar

"Well, I've heard you've been paying 'special' attention to her fighter, and the two of you have been seen together when you're both off duty. Can't say I blame you. Guardsman uniforms leave little to the imagination." Kalla elaborated, before stating, "Listen, Tonatius and I have to meet with Garja about our the mission to Naboo, but do you think you, Dad, and Iyav could meet me at my quarters in a couple of hours? Tonatius and I have a bit of an announcement to make. Bring Erina, if you like."

Ackbar

Jun-la saw the helpless look and sent reassuring waves. She then decided to engage the admiral in conversation. Matton joined in as well. Jun-la asked, "With the Resistance getting the support it needs, are there any major plans to infiltrate? Will Alpha Team be sent in?"

"I'm pregnant."

Tavaryn had been startled at first when Alriana brought up that she had been hearing his thoughts. Not being trained in the Force like a Jedi, he sometimes forgot that if he was not aware of it, he could project his stronger emotions. When he heard those two words, it was as if time had stopped completely.

He looked at Alriana. He managed to stammer in an equally low voice, "You mean...?"

Ackbar Hangar

"Well, I've heard you've been paying 'special' attention to her fighter, and the two of you have been seen together when you're both off duty. Can't say I blame you. Guardsman uniforms leave little to the imagination."

Andros scowled at Kalla and replied, "You're crazy Kal. Erina and I talk shop."

Tonatius was trying hard not to laugh. He recognized the signs of a relationship by how hard Andros was denying it. It was actually funny considering that Andros' lekku gave a slight twitch at the denial.

"Listen, Tonatius and I have to meet with Garja about our the mission to Naboo, but do you think you, Dad, and Iyav could meet me at my quarters in a couple of hours? Tonatius and I have a bit of an announcement to make. Bring Erina, if you like."

Andros grumbled as he agreed and muttered, "You need to learn to but out in using the Force Kal." Louder he replied, "I'll be there and by the way Garja's on the bridge." He then made a hasty exit grumbling about nosy Jedi.

Tonatius was chuckling as he left. He then glanced at Kalla and said, "I know older siblings are supposed to tease their younger ones but moi chroi I swear you just wanted to get him embarrassed. Didn't you?"

Ackbar

"You mean...?"

Alriana smiled. "Yes..." She said quietly but with a tinge of happiness in her voice. "Look at it this way...Kaillian will have someone new to play with." She said trying to lighten the mood.

"With the Resistance getting the support it needs, are there any major plans to infiltrate? Will Alpha Team be sent in?"

Belina, who hadn't heard the conversation between Tavaryn and Alriana nodded. "As a matter of fact I believe that we're planning on sending a strike team to Dagobah sometime soon."

She looked over at Alriana and Tavaryn. "If I may ask what are you two talking about?"

Garja quickly left the meeting room and headed for one of the turbolifts and headed for the bridge. He arrived after a few moments in the lift.

Fighter. Approaching the Ackbar Hanger

The agent smiled as he thought over what had happened. Most likely the alarms had been for the unauthorized launch. He hoped that the Grand Admiral was dead though. He doubted he would be able to sneak aboard the Imperial Flagship again. He looked down at the comn and noticed that there was an incoming message.

"This is the Ackbar. Please transmit identification code."

The agent smiled. He had managed to get the codes from a crewman aboard the Death's Head a few days before. He sent the code. "Your code has been accepted. Please land in the starboard hanger."

The agent smiled again as the hanger days opened and he landed the fighter inside the hanger bay. He looked towards the turbolift and then to the left and then to the right. He didn't see anyone.

He got out of his fighter and made sure that his lightsaber was securly tucked in on the inside of his jacket.

Admiral Belina...Time for you to meet your maker. He thought.

Ackbar

Yes...

Tavaryn didn't need to use the Force or anything like that to know that what Alriana was saying was the truth. If she ever wanted to catch him of guard, this certainly topped it. It wasn't every day you heard you were going to be father.

Look at it this way...Kaillian will have someone new to play with.

Tavaryn heard how happy she was and he was too. Finally finding his voice, he replied, "Nothing would make me happier." I love you moi chroi. You win. He gave smile to show that he was bowing down to a new master.

If I may ask what are you two talking about?

Tavaryn glanced over at the admiral before looking back at Alriana. He asked in a low voice, "Do you want to say anything?"

Ackbar Hanger/Bridge

"Maybe a little."

Tonatius let out a laugh. He replied, "I think you've been around me for too long moi chroi. You've picked up bad habits from my brother and I."

He followed until they caught up with Garja and waited to receive orders.

Ackbar

I love you moi chroi. You win.

Alriana laughed. It's about time that I finally win one. She sent back.

"Do you want to say anything?"

Alriana smiled an evil smile at Tavaryn. Yes I do. I really want to see what she thinks of our good news.

"Admiral..." She began "I think that you have a right to know. I found out earlier this morning that I'm...well...I'm pregnant." Belina froze in her seat with her drink halfway to her mouth. She was about to yell and then Alriana's voice echoed through her head.

I know that you might be angry...but look at it this way. This gives you a great excuse to threaten to put Tavaryn in the bacta tank for a day or two.

Admiral Belina turned to look at Tavaryn very slowly and glared at him for a quick moment but then the glare vanished and she smiled. "I just want to offer my congratulations." She said as she looked Tavaryn over. "Tavaryn...You look a bit pale, I think you need to go in the bacta tank for a day or two."

"Admiral Garja, where do you want me to start?"

Garja turned to look at them. "Please start from the begining. Any strategic information that you may have could greatly help us."

"Admiral Garja, I'm picking up a lot of comn chatter between the Death's Head and the Imperial medical frigate. It sounds like something happened over there."

Garja turned to look at the comn officer. "Open a channel and see if you can find out what happened."

Ackbar

It's about time that I finally win one.

Well it's not every day the woman I love tells me that I'm about to become a father. Tavaryn sent the thought to her while he watched the evil smile appear on her face. He wondered if he should be worried at what was going on in her mind.

Tavaryn...You look a bit pale, I think you need to go in the bacta tank for a day or two.

Tavaryn looked at Alriana and sent, You little minx. Out loud he said, "Oh I always look like an unhealthy pale. It's a natural skin coloring. Too many hours in my powersuit. However if you want me in a bacta tank, you'll have to make sure I'm near dead first."

"Tavy near dead first," Kaillian said. She had managed to catch the toy and was holding it in one hand. She ran over to Tavaryn and climbed up into his lap. "Kaillian get new fwiend now?" She looked at Alriana.

"I'll start with the good news. Naboo is no longer under Sith control, and the King has promised us his full support. In addition, Darth Sykal is dead. As for strategic information, we have direct confirmation of the Undying Sith Empire making use of Death Guards. We always knew they answered directly to the Sith, so it's likely we'll see more of them. In addition, the Sith seem to be more interested in taking Jedi alive." Kalla explained, pausing before elaborating on that last statement. "Especially pregnant women." She hoped Garja would not ask how she figured that out.

Ackbar

You little minx.

Alriana smiled but did nothing else as Belina got up and looked him over again.

"Oh I always look like an unhealthy pale. It's a natural skin coloring. Too many hours in my powersuit. However if you want me in a bacta tank, you'll have to make sure I'm near dead first."

"If you say so Tavaryn." Belina said with an evil smile. "But I must insist that at some point in the future you should take a day or two to stay in the bacta tank." The meaning was clear: At some point Belina was going to get him in the bacta tank even if he didn't want to.

"Kaillian get new fwiend now?"

Alriana smiled down at her and looked helplessly at Jun-la. She seriously didn't know what to say.

Ackbar Bridge

"I'll start with the good news. Naboo is no longer under Sith control, and the King has promised us his full support. In addition, Darth Sykal is dead. As for strategic information, we direct confirmation of the Undying Sith Empire making use of Death Guards. We always knew they answered directly to the Sith, so it's likely we'll see more of them. In addition, the Sith seem to be more interested in taking Jedi alive. Especially pregnant women."

Garja thought for a moment. Death Guards were not good news at all. And as for the sith going for Jedi...and pregnant women. He didn't really want to know how they had found out the sith were going after pregnant women. But the news wasn't good at all.

"Excellent work. With Naboo no longer in the hands of the sith we might be able to use it as a staging post for attacks into sith space. As for the sith going after jedi you may wish to report that to Master Skywalker.

Death's Head

Grand Admiral Velerc refused to die.

My daughter...hes going to go after the last of my family...he thought as he dragged himself to his desk and brought his fist down on a red button near the edge of the desk. Alarms began to sound throughout the corridor of the Death's Head The door quickly opened and the first officer ran in. He took one look at the Admiral who was laying on the floor. "Get a Medical unit in here! We may need to send him to the medical frigate if our own medical bay can't stabilize him!"

Despite the pain he was in and the fact that he was about to pass out he grabbed at the leg of his first officer. "...Warn Belina...he's coming for her." Velerc's eyes finally closed as he passed out from the pain.

Ackbar hanger bay

The agent smiled as he reached out through the force and found the location of his second target. He headed for the lift and set it to arrive on the deck that Belina was on. He would wait for her outside the turbolift. And once she got close enough...the Resistance had already lost one important person...and soon they would lose another.

Ackbar

But I must insist that at some point in the future you should take a day or two to stay in the bacta tank.

Tavaryn got the meaning of Belina's words but it didn't mean that he would make it easy for her. He knew just about every hiding place on the ship including the shuttles and fighters. he also knew how to blend in with the regular crew. "Only if you can catch me," he gave a muttered response.

When Kaillian asked her question, he looked at Alriana who was looking at Jun-la for help and his niece was just acting as if nothing were amiss. He adjusted the girl in his lap and said, "Not now Kaillian but you will have a new friend. I promise."

Kaillian beamed up at Tavaryn and jumped up to grab him in a neck choking hug. She squealed, "Tavy make pwomise n he keeps it."

Tavaryn glanced over at Alriana. He sent, You looking forward to this?"

Ackbar Bridge

Tonatius added, "I'll contact the Jedi on Avalon and give the report. They can relay it to the colonies."

(When Kalla said pregnant women, she meant pregnant women who are also Jedi.)

Kalla then said to Tonatius, "I think we should head back to our quarters. It'll give us a chance to talk before we break the news." Just before she left, she said to Garja, "We'll be in our quarters if you need anything else from us."

Ackbar

You looking forward to this?

Alriana looked down at her stomach and smiled. As a matter of fact I am. she sent back as she looked back up at Tavaryn. "So tell me...what do you think about this situation? Are you looking forward to it?"

Ackbar Bridge

"We'll be in our quarters if you need anything else from us."

"Understood."

"I'll contact the Jedi on Avalon and give the report. They can relay it to the colonies."

Garja nodded and was about to respond when the comn officer called out in an urgent tone, "Admiral Garja! We're recieving a message from the Death's Head. They say that Grand Admiral Velerc is in critical condition. Apparently a sith agent managed to infiltrate the crew and attacked him. They say that they are going to be moving him to the medical frigate."

"What about this sith agent that attacked the Grand Admiral? Do they have him in custody?"

"No sir. It appears he managed to escape the ship before the Grand Admiral managed to sound the alarm. Sir...a small fighter landed on the flight deck a few minutes ago before we knew what was happening. It transmitted the proper codes so we didn't stop it."

Garja had a sudden urgent thought. Belina...if both she and Grand Admiral Velerc are killed then the Resistance will be hit hard. We might not be able to recover from such a tragedy.

"Sound intruder alert! All Guardsman are to be on the lookout for anyone who doesn't belong here. Send a security team to the hanger bay!"

Alarms began to right through the Ackbar. Armed Guardsman appeared in the corridors and were watching for any sign of trouble.

Garja opened a comn channel to Belina. "Admiral Belina! We may have an intruder aboard the Ackbar! Grand Admiral Velerc has already been attacked and is in critical condition. Admiral if you can hear this please respond!"

Akbar

Kavrik was almost back to his ship when the alarms went off. He stopped in his tracks and called his ship. "Lys, scan the hangar and don't bother being subtle about it. Is the intruder still there?"

"Negative. He's moved out."

Swearing, Kavrik turned and bolted for the bridge. "Find him if you can, Lys. I didn't come out here to work for a dead woman."

"You think he's after Belina?" Lys asked.

Kavrik hit the back of the turbolift and ordered it upward. "Who else? Taking her out would certainly cripple the Resistance."

The turbolift opened on the bridge and Kavrik wasted no time finding Garja.

"Where's Belina?" he demanded abruptly. "I think it's fair to assume this intruder's after her. I can help."

Ackbar

"I think it's fair to assume this intruder's after her. I can help."

Garja looked up at him in suprise. He hadn't heard him come up. "She is currently visting with Lady Jun-la's family a few decks down. The intruder appears to have badly injured Grand Admiral Velerc as well. He's in critical condition over on the Imperial medical frigate."

Garja quickly checked the location of the Admiral to make sure that she was still in Lady Jun-la's quarters. He showed the display to Kavrik. "She is located here. We haven't been able to find out where the intruder is but we're going to assume he's heading for their quarters."

The agent smiled as he reached out through the force. He could sense two more dark force users aboard the ship...on this deck. He chuckled slightly. The more chaos the better. He made his way down the corridor and saw a small group of republic guardsman standing near the brig. He reached out through the force and stunned them for a moment. He simply walked past them and opened the cell door and looked over the two dark jedi.

"Tell me...would you like to escape and kill the ones who did this to you?" He asked them.

Both of them nodded. The agent smiled again and moved forward and grabbed both of the devices that were weakning their connection to the force and broke them.

"The Admiral of the Republic fleet is right down this corridor. If you wish to kill her and learn more of the darkside then you will follow me."

The two dark jedi smiled and followed him down down the corridor.

Jun-La's quarters

Admiral Belina looked up in alarm as the alarms began to sound. She opened up her comnlink to try and find out what was going on only to hear static instead. She could make out a faint words. Ackbar...Velerc...Critical...Respond!

"I hope you can forgive me for this but better safe than sorry." She said as she opened up a panel on the wall and quickly entered a series of commands. She heard a locking sound and checked to make sure if was securly shut.

"I just needed to make sure your family is safe. I think it would be a good idea if Kaillian were put somewhere safe for the time being as she pulled a small hold-out blaster out of her boot and pointed it at the door. She looked over at Alriana and smiled as she saw the jedi ignite her lightsaber and stand next to her.

The two woman looked at each other as they heard the sound of a lightsaber igniting outside the door. Belina looked over at Alriana and shook her head.

"That doesn't sound good." She said simply.

Akbar

With a quick "thanks" over his shoulder Kavrik bolted for the turbolift. As it descended, he called Lys again. "Did you find the intruder?"

A narrow band extended from behind his ear and dropped a single lens in front of his left eye. The Akbar's floor plan appeared and a red dot dropped into view just as the turbolift doors opened. Kavrik swore. "He's heading for Belina now."

He ran out of the turbolift drawing a sword in his right hand and one of his blasters in his left.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

The newly freed Dark Jedi moved along confidently behind their rescuer, eager to kill. As he readied his lightsaber to do away with the door before him, the sound of fast-approaching footsteps caught their ears. They turned to face the sound and were surprised to find that instead of a Jedi, their daring challenger wielded a sword and a blaster. The pair drew away from their rescuer to meet him.

"Idiot," one of them said, drawing his lightsaber.

But the other was more cautious, reaching out in the Force to find her opponent. And so, as her partner raised his saber to slice Kavrik Zall in two, the woman drew back, fearful, for she had heard rumors of the one the Force could not see. For his trouble, her partner's hand was severed and he'd been shot through the heart before he knew what was going on.

"D-don't," the woman stammered, drawing back further, drawing her own lightsaber and calling her partner's to her hand.

"If you surrender, I'll seriously consider not killing you," Kavrik answered coolly.

But her fear of her rescuer was greater than her fear of a myth. She brought the two lightsabers together, attempting to scissor Kavrik in half. He jumped back, thrusting his sword forward to catch her sabers, and raising his blaster. The last thing his opponent saw was the business end of his blaster.

With the two Dark Jedi dealt with, Kavrik ran forward, finding the would-be assassin as he plunged his lightsaber hilt-deep into the door.

"Hey tough guy," he growled. "If you fancy an unfair fight, you should try me on for size."

((Feel free to kill him now. :)))

Ackbar

"If you fancy an unfair fight, you should try me on for size."

The agent pulled his lightsaber out of the door and looked over his opponet. "You aren't really worth my time." He said as he looked down at the corpses of the two other dark jedi. "It's a pity but most likely for the best. They were from another time and wouldn't have lasted long with the sith anyway."

The agent smiled and reached out through the force to try and choke his opponet but to his suprise...he couldn't. He tried to sense his opponet in the force and couldn't sense him as well. The agent's confident smirk vanished in an instant. The agent's command of the force was strong but his abilities were no good if he couldn't sense his opponet!

He had heard the rumors of a man that the force couldn't detect. And facing the man of those rumors filled the agent with something that he had felt only once.

Fear.

He raised his lightsaber and ran at the man and force jumped into the air, preparing to bring his saber down on the man. He knew that the inital strike wouldn't kill him but if he brough the saber around as he landed he might have a chance of taking him by suprise.

Archived