Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part IX: The Eleventh Hour

Death's Head

You got it.

"Thanks," Tavaryn replied as he managed to sit up after wincing slightly from the headache. He seriously was going to have to work on his bending abilities and maybe take a few lessons from Komad Kaltas on Force techniques. If there was one thing he regretted, it was not being able to learn how to utilize the Force effectively.

For some odd reason, his mother didn't teach him except one thing. That was the ability to hide within the Force to the point where his presence couldn't be detected. The rest of his abilities were related to his bending abilities and the physical ones. He looked up at the admiral that was looking at him peculiarly.

I've been informed by the Ackbar what nearly happened to my daughter. I take it that you are the one who saved her from the sith assassins.

Tavaryn gave a nod as he slowly stretched his torso. "Just a bit of know how in medical matters, sir."

This incident...has gotten me thinking." He said as he looked over at Belina. "First off, Let me know if there is anything you ever need. You saved my daughter's life and I don't know how I can repay you.

Tavaryn saw the outstretched hand. It was rude to not accept and technically Admiral Velerc was a superior officer and he was enlisted... He reached out and took the proffered hand and shook it. He replied, "Just doing what I can for my CO, sir."

Tavaryn released the admiral's hand and sat up to stretch slightly. He had no idea why he was going on board the Death's Head since all he did was pass out. He completely ignored the fact that he had been buried alive on Dagobah. His thoughts were occupied mostly on Alriana and how she was. He trusted his niece to keep her safe and he had more faith in the family's bucket of bolts than the most state of the art starship.

I can't decide what to do...she sent back. I want to go aboard the station to help rescue this child...but at the same time I'm terrified that something might happen to our baby.

He sensed her apprehension. He was worried too. Even being on the ship posed risks and as much as he wanted to put her in a bubble for the rest of her pregnancy, he knew he couldn't do that. It would be trying to tame a wild animal that you admired for being what it was. He sent back, I know you want to help and I won't say no. You do what is right moi chroi. I can't ask you to be less than what you are.

Station

I'm going to assume that you know who this is?

Jun-la nodded and replied, "He is an old enemy. A Sith who has the remarkable ability of staying alive. He was known as Tyrannus but I don't know if he goes by the same name. Tavaryn fought him and nearly lost his life trying to save Jedi Alriana."

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Death's Head

Enroute to Medical Bay

"Just doing what I can for my CO, sir."

The Grand Admiral nodded. "Still, I feel that someday I should return the favor. As I said, if there is anything that I can do to repay you, let me know."

The Grand Admiral turned to look at Belina. "Just so you know, you aren't the only ones being transfered to the Death's Head medical bays. Admiral Garja has informed me of the state of your medical bays. As we speak, I have shuttles bringing in the wounded to the Death's Head and the other ships that still have functioning medical bays."

A small smile appeared on the Grand Admiral's face. "In addition, it turns out that one of the Sith Ships that we captured was the flagship for this sector and a few others. I have slicer teams going through it's data and we're getting some valuable information regarding their fleet movements. In addition, we found a data file that you may find interesting"

"We now know what ships have sith spys on them. We know who they are. I have security teams rounding them up right now."

Belina smiled. "That's excellent news. Now we won't have to worry about our ships being sabotaged in the middle of a battle."

Station

"He is an old enemy. A Sith who has the remarkable ability of staying alive. He was known as Tyrannus but I don't know if he goes by the same name. Tavaryn fought him and nearly lost his life trying to save Jedi Alriana."

Xandros's eyes suddenly narrowed. "This man tried to kill Alriana?" He asked quietly in a dangerous voice. "I think it's time I meet this..."Tyrannus" and show him why that was a bad idea on his part. As far as I'm concerned, she's still under my protection."

Ebon Hawk

I know you want to help and I won't say no. You do what is right moi chroi. I can't ask you to be less than what you are.

Alriana smiled. She turned to the intercom. "Andros. Can you bring us into the Station's Docking bay? I'm going to try and help Jun-la and Xandros."

Ebon Hawk

Andros. Can you bring us into the Station's Docking bay? I'm going to try and help Jun-la and Xandros.

Andros replied, "No problem. Give me a moment." He maneuvered the ship towards the docking bay. It looked like they were going to be in the station for a while. That was fine since he had laser turrets operational and Kalla was mean with the quad laser cannons.

The ship made it in and Andros was a bit surprised that no defense systems were on but then again there were other means of defending a place. He landed and lowered the ramp. "We're docked. Good luck."

To Kalla he said, "Hey Sis, you wanna stay in the turrets just in case?"

Station

I think it's time I meet this..."Tyrannus" and show him why that was a bad idea on his part. As far as I'm concerned, she's still under my protection.

Jun-la heard the tone. She was certain that if this Shinigami found out about Tavaryn and Alriana, there was going to be a show down of testosterone and she wasn't sure that would be good for certain expectant mothers. However this one didn't know and there was no reason to say anything. She replied, "I believe that he was after Tavaryn and she was trying to help him and ended up getting grabbed. I heard that sentou helped a great deal in that case."

Kage, formerly Tyrannus, looked at the cargo bay and at the child he found huddled there. While the merc was busy with the dark Jedi, he made his way in to see for himself. He found a Cathar child huddled and scared. He looked at it and said, "You are frightened child, why is that so?"

Death's Head

Tavaryn listened to the conversation as he gave a few tentative stretches. He may be up and running but it was clear that the Death's Head CMO was just as bad as the Ackbar's. He jerked away half a dozen times when they came near but was cooperative when they took the bioreadings from his powersuit. His thoughts were more on Alriana and what she was doing.

He knew she was going to do what she did best and that was help those that couldn't defend themselves. She was going to help. He would worry just as much as she would for him. He sent, I know you're going to help moi chroi. Just be careful.

Ebon Hawk

Station docking bay

"We're docked. Good luck."

Alriana quickly climbed out of the gun turrent and headed for the ramp as it began to open. She took a deep breath and reached out through the force to find out where everyone was.

Xandros and Jun-la were rapidly nearing the child who it seemed was surrounded by pirates and dark jedi...The cathar dark jedi was currently on the otherside of the station and was nearing the child but not as quickly.

She winced as she felt the deaths of the pirates that the cathar dark jedi was causing. She didn't know exactly why he was here but it was a good bet that it was something to do with the child.

Wait...Wait just a second...is it possible that the two of them are related somehow?! I swear...sometimes the way the universe runs confuses me to no end...

I know you're going to help moi chroi. Just be careful.

She smiled for a brief second as she reached through the force and felt the cathar child hesitantly reach back through the force.

Don't worry, I promise I'll be careful. She sent back. I expect you to be careful as well.

Station

"I believe that he was after Tavaryn and she was trying to help him and ended up getting grabbed. I heard that sentou helped a great deal in that case."

Xandros reached out through the force and sensed that they were getting closer to the child and the dark presence. There was another dark presence aboard the station as well...but if felt...conflicted. Like there was a battle going on between the dark and the light within the dark jedi.

"Still, I feel the need to show him the error of his ways. I was assigned to protect the jedi during the purge and I failed." A determined glint appeared in his eyes. "The less sith in this galaxy...the better."

"You are frightened child, why is that so?"

"Because I know that your trying to take me away...I don't want to go with you or the others! I want to go with the nice lady who said she'd help me. I can feel that there's something wrong with you and the other people here."

Death's Head

Don't worry, I promise I'll be careful. She sent back. I expect you to be careful as well.

Tavaryn made a wry smile as he waved away the medic and gave a look that would scare one of the junior officers. He knew that she would be careful. He sent back, You might as well ask me to be nice to the Viper.

He glanced over at Belina who was looking her usual self. He rotated his arms to loosen his muscles even though he was still in a powersuit.

Station

The less sith in this galaxy...the better.

Jun-la nodded, "I'm inclined to agree." She motioned him to move forward towards their merc companion. It was then she sensed another presence on the station. She sent, I am guessing that you couldn't stand by and wait?

Because I know that your trying to take me away...I don't want to go with you or the others! I want to go with the nice lady who said she'd help me. I can feel that there's something wrong with you and the other people here.

Tyrannus, better known as Kage, looked at the Cathar child. She was precocious and she was strong in the Force. It was uncontrolled though. Her pleas for help attracted attention. The way how the child spoke ot him and the lady he was referring to... He could just imagine who. He replied, "You are strong little one. You are your father's child but I know things you don't. You are not important. The one coming for you is."

Ackbar Brig

Komad ran over to the prisoner, and started to examine his vitals. After checking for a pulse, he pulled his hand away, turned to Scatty, shook his head, and said, "I guess it's not always by choice." He stood up, before adding. "Between this, and the Force Relay we found on Dagobah, we're really running out of time." Komad then opened a channel to Belina on his communicator, and said, "As soon as my daughter's team returns to the Ackbar, I want everyone gathered in the War Room."

(Problem: The text crawl for this, plus Wrath of the Empire, and two old RP's that Tysyacha did have been muted due to copyright claim. I could delete them, replace the audio, or dispute the claim. What should I do?)

((I'd just delete them. But thats just me.))

((@JM12, feel free to have Tyrannus knock Varith out or something before the others arrive. I'd prefer to keep him alive though.))

Station

You might as well ask me to be nice to the Viper.

I would never do such a thing. She sent back jokingly. I Know you love picking on her and would never take that away from you.

Alriana looked around the hanger and saw a large group of bodies on the floor. They had been killed by a lightsaber. The closer she looked at the hallway though the more she could see scorch marks on the walls.

It looks like either one of the dark jedi went through here or that Cathar did. she thought to herself as she heard the far away sound of a lightsaber humming through the air.

I recognize that saber. It's his. She thought as she narrowed her eyes. She ignited her own lightsaber and ran down the corridor as she tried to get closer to the Cathar. If he or one of those dark jedi got to the child first then it would bad news.

I am guessing that you couldn't stand by and wait?

Guilty as charged. She sent back. I found another corridor. That Cathar dark jedi is killing off the pirates and my guess is that he knows how to get to her faster. We need to pick up the pace a bit. I'll try to slow him down so you can get there first.

"You are strong little one. You are your father's child but I know things you don't. You are not important. The one coming for you is."

The cathar child moved back as far as she could as she tried to get further away from Tyrannus. She could sense the darkside coming off of him and it was scaring her.

"Step away from my daughter." Came a cold voice from behind him. Varith stepped out of the corridor as one of the few remaining pirates hit the floor with a thud.

"I thought she would be in safe hands by now." He continued. "It appears that I was wrong. I'm going to give you one opportunity to leave. I suggest you take it."

Death's Head

"As soon as my daughter's team returns to the Ackbar, I want everyone gathered in the War Room."

"Understood Master Jedi." She sent back. "Would you like Grand Admiral Velerc to attend as well?"

Death's Head

I Know you love picking on her and would never take that away from you.

Tavaryn gave a wry grin and replied, Well I prefer her than the butcher on the Death's Head.

Ackbar Brig

Scatty cursed at Komad's diagnosis, "Sithspit."

Between this, and the Force Relay we found on Dagobah, we're really running out of time.

Scatty nodded, "I'll agree and I'll bet that we're gonna need everything we've got on this one." She turned to give the order to police the body and prep it for the CMO to do an autopsy if the Admiral wanted it.

Station

I found another corridor. That Cathar dark jedi is killing off the pirates and my guess is that he knows how to get to her faster. We need to pick up the pace a bit. I'll try to slow him down so you can get there first.

Jun-la listened to Alriana and nodded. They could pick up the pace. She sent back, I won't tell you about being careful but may the Force be with you.

She looked at Xandros and said, "We got to pick up the pace. Let's move." She started moving down the corridors and slashed at anything that tried to stop them.

Step away from my daughter.I thought she would be in safe hands by now.It appears that I was wrong. I'm going to give you one opportunity to leave. I suggest you take it.

Tyrannus looked at the Cathar with a look of bemusement. He hadn't seen one in years and this one was well adept in the Force. He gave a slow grin that didn't say he wanted to be friends. He replied, "Only one? I take it you are not a Jedi then?"

Station

Well I prefer her than the butcher on the Death's Head.

I haven't met the doctor aboard the Death's Head. She sent back thoughtfully, is she really worse than our esteemed CMO on the Ackbar?sent to Tavaryn.

I won't tell you about being careful but may the Force be with you.

Alriana smiled a very small smile. I survived in stasis for nearly a hundred years and I've made it all the way to this century. I'd say the force is always with me. She sent back jokingly.

"We got to pick up the pace. Let's move."

Xandros grinned at those words and ran beside her as the two of them cut down any pirates that came close to them. He turned around and saw that he had missed a droid carrying a rifle. He picked up the droid with the force and slammed it against the wall hard enough that it's arm fell off.

"Make sure that we don't miss any of them. The last thing we need is to get caught in a crossfire from behind."

He saw a small group of pirates coming around the corner and he grabbed a flashbang from his belt and launched it at the group.

"Only one? I take it you are not a Jedi then?"

Varith ignited his lightsaber and held it in a combat ready stance in front of him. "I am not a jedi and I'm not a sith either."

He began to gather the force around him and returned the dark grin with one of his own. "I'm going to tell you one more time. Step away from her."

The humming of another lightsaber filled the room as Alriana ran into the room. "Step away from her and I promise that you both will be unharmed."

Varith looked over at the jedi and smiled. "I thought you would arrive sooner. This just shows how slow the jedi are to act."

• 4 weeks later...

Station

Is she really worse than our esteemed CMO on the Ackbar?

Tavaryn gave a slight eye roll, The Viper has a better bedside manner.

I survived in stasis for nearly a hundred years and I've made it all the way to this century. I'd say the force is always with me.

Tavaryn knew that. Hell he was just as old as she was, if you could count it like that. He sighed as he looked at nothing in particular and replied, I love you. There was nothing else that he could say.

Tyrannus looked at the Cathar. He was rather impressed at the resilience. He looked at the child who was scared. He looked at Varith who was commenting to the newcomer. He recognized this Jedi very well. He taunted, "Oh no bodyguard?"

Jun-la followed behind Xandros and covered the stray blaster shots. She pointed in the direction of the child. She said, "That way. The odds will be evened." She knew that Alriana wasn't one to sit by and do nothing.

Station

I love you.

Alriana smiled despite facing a sith and another possibly enemy, she sent a quick message back to Tavaryn. I love you to. And I promise that I'll come back.

"Oh no bodyguard?"

Alriana's smile vanished and was replaced with a determined expression. "I don't need a bodyguard." She said as she turned to look at Varith who was starting to talk.

"I thought you would arrive sooner. This just shows how slow the jedi are to act."

"Well you didn't really help matters by alerting the pirates that you were here." Alriana shot back. "When we got here they were on high alert. But now is not the time to argue." she said as she turned back to Tyrannus.

"Now...stand awa-" Alriana's eyes widened as she finally recognized the sith standing in front of her. "You...I didn't expect to see you again."

Tavaryn...Tyrannus is here...she sent to Tavaryn.

Varith couldn't help but notice how the Jedi's eyes had widened when she apparently recognized the sith. "Friend of yours?" He asked mockingly.

Alriana shook her head. "No...An old enemy." she said. "A very dangerous enemy."

"That way. The odds will be evened."

Xandros nodded and took off in the direction Jun-la had pointed at. "So tell me," he asked as they ran. "How dangerous is this Tyrannus? Anything that we should watch out for while fighting him?"

Station

You...I didn't expect to see you again.

Tyrannus couldn't help but smile. He recognized the pretty Jedi well and noticed how her friend was adamant about protecting her. He replied, "What is it you Jedi say? The Force wills it."

He held his lightsaber out to keep them from approaching, effectively putting himself between them and the little Cathar child. He looked at them both and added, "Children are precious aren't they? So young and malleable."

He then closed his eyes slightly and reached out with the Force. He discovered something and it was a treat. He was going to have fun with this game.

Jun-la finished with her round or strikes and looked around. The coast was mostly clear and they had a good chance of getting to the child and getting her out. However their newest problem was going to be tough. She had only heard stories and her father and uncle had always been evasive about it.

How dangerous is this Tyrannus? Anything that we should watch out for while fighting him?

Jun-la looked at Xandros and replied, "He has trouble dying."

Station

"Children are precious aren't they? So young and malleable."

"If you so much as touch that child I swear I'll launch you out into space in a cargo pod." Alriana said quietly. Not in an angry voice, but a matter of fact voice. "I gave you the chance to leave and you didn-"

She stopped as she felt a cold darkness reach out and instantly felt a combination of terror and anger. She knew instantly that Tyrannus knew what she had been hiding.

"You just made the last mistake you'll ever make." She said quietly. Varith looked over at her and smiled for just a moment as he ran at him and jumped up into the air and attempted to bring his lightsaber down on the sith.

"He has trouble dying."

As Xandros continued to run, he thought for a moment on how best to kill a sith. A few ideas came to mind.

"Don't worry, I have a few ideas in mind." He said as they rounded another corner. He reached out and detected the child and Alriana, they were very close. Twenty meters at most. They should be right beyond the next door.

• 2 months later...

Station

If you so much as touch that child I swear I'll launch you out into space in a cargo pod.

Tyrannus gave a wry smile. He loved it when Jedi threatened. So un Jedi-like. He replied, "Children are precious Jedi. Sometimes its the ones hidden that are most sought."

He had sensed the energy from the Jedi. He couldn't believe it and he could make out the connection to the one that he thought had died but apparently he didn't.

You just made the last mistake you'll ever make.

"On the contrary," Tyrannus replied, "I never make a mistake when it comes to one from the family that is my blood feud enemy. A shame that it must be carried on to the offspring." He gave a look at Alriana's abdomen as he pulled out his lightsaber to counter the attack. He sent a force wave towards the pair.

Don't worry, I have a few ideas in mind.

Jun-la replied, "I have no doubt. What is your plan?" She could sense the child, scared and Alriana getting angry. Not a good thing for the baby but something must have happened to make her in that mode Jun-la knew too well with her own daughter. "Best come up with it now."

Death's Head

Tavaryn was staring out into space. Even though he couldn't see anything beyond what he could see, it sort of helped in that he was watching Alriana. Even through distance, their bond was as strong as ever.

Tavaryn...Tyrannus is here.

His back stiffened at that. He thought the bastard would stay away for a long time. He was also plagued by feelings of guilt. He was well aware of the blood feud that started millennia before he was born. He now brought it on Alriana and his child.

He then grew angry. He was tired of being hounded because of his family. They did good things and were mocked or hated. His anger was heavy and he ended up breaking a beaker that was nearby. A first in a long time. He turned and saw Belina and said, "An old enemy has come back Admiral."

((Apologies for my long absences. Funny thing with RL and work. I'm still here though))

Station

"On the contrary, I never make a mistake when it comes to one from the family that is my blood feud enemy. A shame that it must be carried on to the offspring."

Varith dropped to the ground as the Sith ignited his lightsaber and countered the attack only to extend his hand and unleash a stream of force lightning at Tyrannus at close range. He growled in pain as some of the lighting went back up his arm and shocked him but he kept unleashing it on Tyrannus while Alriana froze for just a moment as the force wave headed towards her. She quickly force jumped out of the way of it and raised her lightsaber in a defensive stance as she used the force to try and push Tyrannus back against the wall.

She could sense Jun-la and Xandros approaching quickly and transmitted a message to her that was laced with no small amount of panic in it.

Jun-La...Tyrannus knows! He said that he intends to carry out of the blood feud on my baby!

"Best come up with it now."

"First we're going to drive him back into a corner and then as soon as he makes a mistake and his defenses go down even for a moment we're going to hit him with everything we've got. Thats just the first idea. That or we can stun him with a flash bang and just kill him when he tries to send it back."

Death's Head

"An old enemy has come back Admiral."

Belina shook her head. "We've got quite a few enemies Tavaryn but I'm going to assume since the alarms aren't going off it has something to do with Alriana and where she is. Is there anything I can do to help you with this enemy?"

Station

Jun-La...Tyrannus knows! He said that he intends to carry out of the blood feud on my baby!

Jun-la could hear the panic in Alriana. She had every right to be afraid since she knew the full extent of what it meant to be in a blood feud. It didn't help at all that Jedi dotted the family line and members were in prominent positions. As far as she knew, Tyrannus was the one true threat. She sent, We're coming. Don't be afraid.

She turned her attention towards Xandros, "All right brother of the Shadows this enemy is one that has declared the line of the Heart of the Guardian a sangtahut. May grace be with us." She drew her lightsaber and prepared to strike.

Death's Head

We've got quite a few enemies Tavaryn but I'm going to assume since the alarms aren't going off it has something to do with Alriana and where she is. Is there anything I can do to help you with this enemy?

Tavaryn turned to look out and then back at Belina. "It is an old enemy going back to the days of Kirabaros, the Heart of the Guardian. My family is from that line. It is complicated but I will not see my children harmed by it. Is there a way to get to that station?"

Death's Head

"It is an old enemy going back to the days of Kirabaros, the Heart of the Guardian. My family is from that line. It is complicated but I will not see my children harmed by it. Is there a way to get to that station?"

Belina answered without a moment of hesitation. "Both you and Alriana have saved my life more times then I can count and I refuse to see any of you or your children hurt. Take anything you need. The fastest ship aboard the Death's Head is most likely one of those new one man resistance fighters we've been working on. Heavily armed and faster than anything else we've got. But be careful: There are a few glitches with the targeting scanners."

Station

"All right brother of the Shadows this enemy is one that has declared the line of the Heart of the Guardian a sangtahut. May grace be with us."

Xandros nodded and ignited his own lightsaber and grabbed one of the flashbangs in his other hand. "Fight well." He said as he ran into the room and immediatly targeted Tyrannus and gathered the force around himself and unleashed a blast of force energy towards Tyrannus.

We're coming. Don't be afraid.

It's difficult not to be. She sent back as Xandros charged into the room with his lightsaber ignited and a flashbang in his hand. She continued trying to push Tyrannus against the wall as Varith continued to assault the sith with streams of lightning. The Cathar dark jedi was getting weaker as he continued to use force lightning against Tyrannus.

Death's Head

Both you and Alriana have saved my life more times then I can count and I refuse to see any of you or your children hurt. Take anything you need. The fastest ship aboard the Death's Head is most likely one of those new one man resistance fighters we've been working on. Heavily armed and faster than anything else we've got. But be careful: There are a few glitches with the targeting scanners.

Tavaryn listened. He could make it if he pushed it. "That might do."

He made a motion with his head as if to listen. I am coming moi chroi. He picked up his helmet to his battlesuit and started walking.

Station

Tyrannus was rather pleased at the resistance. He made a big show of being weakened by the onslaught of energy. When he had them drawn in, he stood up and sent a powerful wave against them and moved with his lightsaber drawn. He slashed at the Cathar Jedi with quick arcs and unleashed lightning on the Shinigami.

Jun-la had felt that but used her momentum to protect Alriana. She didn't want anything to happen to the baby since it was family. Family protected family even to the death. "You all right," she asked.

Death's Head

"That might do."

"I hope is does." Belina said quietly as Tavaryn walked away towards the hanger. She walked over to the wall and hit the intercom and opened up a channel to the hanger bay.

"This is Admiral Belina. Tavaryn Onashi has my authorization to take one of the prototype Guardian class fighters out. Get one of them ready for departure at once."

"At once Admiral."

She watched as Tavaryn headed for the lift that would take him to the hanger bay. "Good luck Onashi." She said quietly.

Station

Varith couldn't help but shout out in pain as one of the lightsaber strikes hit his leg. It cut deeply into his leg but it wasn't nearly enough to sever the leg. He forced himself to force jump backwards and let out a roar of anger and pain as he used what was left of his strength to unleash a massve amount of lightning at Tyrannus.

WHY WON'T YOU DIE?!" He yelled as his rage got the better of him as he force jumped into the air and brought his lightsaber down on Tyrannus. He brought the saber down over and over again on Tyrannus with furious, angry strikes.

Xandros was force to break off his attack against Tyrannus and was forced to go on the defensive to deflect the lightning. He looked over at Varith and his eyes widened in alarm. "Your leaving your defenses open you fool!" he shouted out urgently.

I am coming moi chroi.

I'll be waiting with open arms. she sent back as Jun-la ran into the room.

"You all right,"

Alriana nodded. "I've been better but so far I'm okay." She said quietly as she watched as Xandros and Varith continued battling it out with Tyrannus. The Cathar dark jedi was getting angrier and was continuing his assault even with his wounded leg.

"How exactly are we going to kill him?" She asked.

Death's Head

I'll be waiting with open arms.

Tavaryn put on his helmet as he came to the hangar bay. It certainly wasn't the Wayfarer but it would do. He sent, I will not let him harm you.

As he powered up he acknowledged the missive that Belina had whispered before he left. He was going to need all the luck he could get on this one. He said into the comm, "Death Head control this is Alpha Leader preparing for take off."

Copy that. You are cleared for take off.

Tavaryn had the engines revved up and had commenced lift off. He noticed a slight vibration but it was good. He exited the hangar bay and began calculations for lightspeed. Once that was set, he was off.

Station

I've been better but so far I'm okay.

Jun-la nodded. At least that was good. She knew though that her uncle would probably riding barebacked on a shooting star to get hear. There was no doubt that he would be able to sense what was going on. "That is good."

How exactly are we going to kill him?

Jun-la gave a shrug. "He bleeds which means he can be killed. He is not undying Sith. He just has a nasty habit of surviving. We just have to be smart about it."

In the meantime Tyrannus was taking perverse pleasure at the fact that the Cathar was frustrated. It was typical of most Sith. They were always so impatient with everything. The other he was impressed with. He twirled his lightsaber as he dodged the Cathar's clumsy attacks. In a fit of annoyance, he used the Force to send him flying into the bulkhead to leave him with the other.

The other was interesting. Tyrannus grinned as he looked at him and said, "Well, well, well. It has been a long time since I have seen one of you but then again it was fairly recent I believe. So the Shinigami still serve as guardians of Jedi?"

Death's Head

Admiral Belina watched as the small prototype launched into hyperspace and she sighed as Velerc walked up next to her. "I take it you don't bring good news." She said quietly.

Velerc shook his head. "No. I just recieved word. One of our battle groups was destroyed about an hour ago by a sith attack group. Only two survivors were picked up."

Belina shook her head. "We can't keep losing ships and men like this. We don't have access to the training facilities we used to have and most of our major shipyards have been destroyed. What we need are allies and access to repair yards and training facilities."

Belina suddenly smiled as something came to mind. It was a hope at best and it was possible that it wouldn't work but it was worth a shot.

"I think I just came up with something that could solve all our problems." She said as she turned and looked at her father. "We're going to need the best Ambassador you have ready wthin an hour. I'm dispatching ours as well."

She looked out the window and her smile widend.

"I think it's time we turn the tide of this war."

Station

"That is good."

She turned to look at Tyrannus who had slammed Varith against a bulkhead with the force apparently becoming annoyed with his clumsy attacks. The cathar muttered something under his breath as he hit the bulkhead. His daughter who was still in the cell looked up sharply as if she had heard him.

Run...Her father's voice in her head echoed. Run away from him or he will kill you.

"He bleeds which means he can be killed. He is not undying Sith. He just has a nasty habit of surviving. We just have to be smart about it."

"That good to know. I say we disable him somehow and then don't give him a chance to get away."

Well, well, well. It has been a long time since I have seen one of you but then again it was fairly recent I believe. So the Shinigami still serve as guardians of Jedi?"

Xandros blocked one of Tyrannus's strikes and attempted to use the force to push him back away from him.

"I watch over this Jedi. I watched over her a hundred years ago and because of my failure she was captured. I refuse to fail her again." Xandros said.

Jun-la looked at the scene and noticed the Cathar child cowering and then becomming alert. She looked at Alriana and said, "Stay with the child. If we can get her back to the Hawk..." She made a slight motion. "I'll watch your back."

Meanwhile Tyrannus studied the Shinigami and laughed, "Perhaps you have already failed in that there are things I know that ate tantilizingly good." He then used the Force to grab the child and said, "Tell me this: how far does one go? It is a question you should ask the one responsible for the state of your Jedi now."

Station

"Stay with the child. If we can get her back to the Hawk..."

"Understood." Alriana said quietly as Xandros continued fighting it out with Tyrannus who quickly changed his tactics by grabbing the Cathar child with the force.

Alriana's face lost its color as the child let out a scream of fear as she felt the grip on her. At the sound of her scream, Varith's eyes snapped open.

"Perhaps you have already failed in that there are things I know that ate tantilizingly good. Tell me this: how far does one go? It is a question you should ask the one responsible for the state of your Jedi now."

Xandros immediatly dropped back as the sith grabbed the cathar child in a force grip. He could sense that this sith was powerful and he assumed that he wouldn't hesitate to use the child as a shield against his attacks.

Xandros paused for a moment as a moment of confusion set in. "What are you talking about? What exactly has happened to Jedi Alriana?"

Behind Tyrannus, Varith was trying to get to his feet. He knew that he was badly wounded but there was no chance he would allow this sith to kill his only remaining family.

• 4 weeks later...

Station

Tyrannus grabbed the child with his free hand and held to her shoulder as he pointed his lightsaber at his pursuers. He grinned at the Shinigami and chuckled.

What are you talking about? What exactly has happened to Jedi Alriana?

Tyrannus replied, "Maybe you should ask her or the one who tries to hide what he is." He loved games like this. He then abruptly turned and shot lightning at Varith, "Don't think about moving. Personally I like an audience since I estimate that an old adversary shall be arriving shortly."

Jun-la held onto Alriana to prevent her from doing anything foolish. She knew her family and she knew that her uncle's chosen was like him in many respects. She said, "You have nothing to gain by holding the child."

"You're right," Tyrannus replied, "But it is much more fun when you can put even the most powerful of Jedi at a standstill."

Ship

Tavaryn had plotted the course and was overwhelmed that the ship was able to get him there so fast. He made adjustments so that he didn't kill himself.

Picking up one ship. The Ebon Hawk. Shall I hail?

"Just signal us as a friendly and use my radio signature." Tavaryn made an adjustment to head for the nearest docking bay. The closest was in proximity of the Hawk and he took it.

The Ebon Hawk acknowledges.

Tavaryn made a motion with his head as he landed. He put on his helmet as the cockpit opened. "Remind me to thank Andros for the modifications." He muttered it to no one in particular. He started slowly walking down the corridors.

Picking up several lifeforms. Three friendlies two unknown and one is a child.

Tavaryn read the display he was getting and continued forward. He wondered if this was how the clone troops viewed the world when they wore those helmets. It was an idle thought as he made his way through. He did pick up a brief moment of panic and sent, Don't worry moi chroi. I am here.

Ebon Hawk

Andros picked up the transmission from the incoming fighter and confirmed it. He had recognized it off the bat and grinned. It was one that he specially modified even though he didn't build the darn thing. He turned towards his sister and said, "Hey sis, looks like we got the cavalry. Alpha Leader is here."

Death's Head

Tariq made his way towards the bridge where Belina and her father were. He had never met the man but was willing to give him a chance since Garja was a redeemed Imperial. He saluted the admiral and said, "Ma'am, I checked in with the Ackbar and repairs are on their way. Prisoners accounted for and Admiral Garja reports good status."

Station

"Maybe you should ask her or the one who tries to hide what he is."

Xandros looked back at Alriana and his eyes grew large and then narrowed as he reached out though the force and was able to sense that Tyrannus had been able to sense earlier.

"I..." He whispered sadly. "I...can't believe it." He muttered as he turned back towards Tyrannus and clenched his teeth together. "I can't take what I'm feeling out on Jedi Alriana, but I think you qualify as something I can take my anger out on."

"Don't think about moving. Personally I like an audience since I estimate that an old adversary shall be arriving shortly."

Varith roared in pain and collapsed back to the floor as his lightsaber fell out of his hand as he lost conciousness.

"But it is much more fun when you can put even the most powerful of Jedi at a standstill."

Don't worry moi chroi. I am here.

Xandros knows. She sent back to Tavaryn. And Tyrannus is using the child as a shield.

Alriana didn't know what to do about the current situation. Xandros was angry, Varith was out of comission and the child was being used as a shield by a sith who had a hard time staying down.

"What do we do?" She asked Jun-la quietly.

Death's Head

"Ma'am, I checked in with the Ackbar and repairs are on their way. Prisoners accounted for and Admiral Garja reports good status."

"Good to hear." Belina responded. "Once everyone has returned to the ship, I plan on calling a meeting about our next step in this war. I'm dispatching two of the resistance's best ambassador's out on a mission that may help us turn the tide."

Archived