Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part IX: The Eleventh Hour

Valek woke up in a daze. He clamored around until he located his lightsaber, putting it back on his hip. Getting up, he held his blaster rifle as he rushed down the hallway, going back the way he came. After a few minutes, he opened a door that lead to the room where everyone else was. Fortunately, they were all on the opposite side of the room.

He knew something was off, and as he slowly walked closer, he saw the unmistakeable robes of a Sith - as well as some ignited sabers. He stealthily crept around boxes and was able to shield himself from the Force due to his (somewhat) loss of sensitivity to it. He got close enough that he was within blaster range, and suddenly leapt from the box he was hiding behind to only a few meters behind the Sith.

"Release the kid, or I will shoot you.", Valek said, failing to check if his power pack had any energy left in it.

((This is utter rubbish, but oh well. I had to jump back in some time.))

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((I know I am bad but hey I do have a job and it is school admin at university level. Sue me. But I am here now))

Station

"I can't take what I'm feeling out on Jedi Alriana, but I think you qualify as something I can take my anger out on."

Tyrannus looked smugly at Xandros. Apparently there were things that he knew that others didn't. This was going to be fun. "Oh so much anger. I wonder why you should be protecting the Jedi since that is your calling Shinigami?" He twirled his lightsaber. "Feel free to attack when you want. The one I have business with has just arrived." He shot a look at Alriana.

Release the kid, or I will shoot you.

Tyrannus turned to look at the gun wielding trooper and raised his brow. "You are welcome to try though I can say that you might end up killing what you didn't intend to kill before you even fire."

What do we do?

Jun-la looked at Alriana. She knew that the Jedi wouldn't risk the well being of a child. She also knew that this Sith shouldn't be allowed to live. He had caused grief to many and particularly her family.She could sense Tavaryn coming and knew what would happen. She whispered, "I think it is out of our hands. He has no need for the child. He wants someone close to my father... He wants Tavaryn."

Tavaryn raced through the station. He felt his suit's boots clunk on the walk. He tapped the helmet, "Tara, are you in?"

Working on it Lieutenant. The Station's systems are complex. The defenses are down but...

"I get it. I need you to have control of them by the time I really need it. We will need a plan for getting out." Tavaryn paused to look down the halls. "I have one... sort of for getting in."

I highly doubt dressing as a stormtrooper will help you.

"Very funny. I knew I shouldn't have told you that story," Tavaryn muttered as he studied the map available on his HUD. He made sure he was on the right trail.

Xandros knows.And Tyrannus is using the child as a shield.

Tavaryn paused when he heard that. He knew that there was explaining to do all around but he wasn't going to worry about that. Right now all that mattered was the child. He sent back, Explanations for later moi chroi. Right now, don't do anything rash... He is after me.

((It's fine. :) I'm just glad your here with us again.))

"Oh so much anger. I wonder why you should be protecting the Jedi since that is your calling Shinigami?" He twirled his lightsaber. "Feel free to attack when you want. The one I have business with has just arrived."

Xandros reignited his lightsaber and held it with both hands as he tried to get his anger under control.

"I protect Jedi Alriana because it is my duty. It is a duty that I always take seriously." He growled. "She may have made a choice that I disapprove of but that doesn't mean that I won't let her be harmed." He began to circle the sith slowly looking for an opening.

"I think it is out of our hands. He has no need for the child. He wants someone close to my father... He wants Tavaryn."

"Then it's a good thing that Tavaryn arrived." She said quietly. "Once he arrives I think we'll have a good chance of taking Tyrannus down once and for all. But for now we need to try and keep Xandros calm. Otherwise I think he's going to attack Tyrannus and that will put the child in extreme danger."

Explanations for later moi chroi. Right now, don't do anything rash... He is after me.

I understand...but Xandros is losing control here. When heard about the pregnancy I could sense his anger. Right now I think he's about to go after Tyrannus.

Station

I understand...but Xandros is losing control here. When heard about the pregnancy I could sense his anger. Right now I think he's about to go after Tyrannus.

Tavaryn paused a moment. He was close and he didn't need to be a Force User to sense the darkness and anger that was permeating the area. The last time he felt that much hate and anger... It was when he was just a boy. He sent, Keep him calm. He does not know this one like my family and the Jedi who know him.

He started running. His boots clanged. "Tara you better be ready when I say so."

I protect Jedi Alriana because it is my duty. It is a duty that I always take seriously. She may have made a choice that I disapprove of but that doesn't mean that I won't let her be harmed.

Tyrannus laughed as he circled the Shinigami. He decided to have a little fun, "Are you certain it is protection you are doing? This anger... I have seen it many times before and there is a word for it."

He looked at the pair of Jedi and held a firm grip on the girl's shoulder, "Now I knwo you wouldn't want tempers flaring now do you?"

Station

Keep him calm. He does not know this one like my family and the Jedi who know him.

I'll do my best. Alriana sent back as she watched as Tyrannus began to circle Xandros.

"Are you certain it is protection you are doing? This anger... I have seen it many times before and there is a word for it."

Xandros's hands began to tighten around the hilt of the lightsaber. In fact a small indent appeared on the hilt, not enough to damage it but enough to show that he was rapidly losing control of his anger.

"I will protect her for as long as I live. And you claim to have seen this anger so many times before...indulge me. Tell me what it is."

"Now I knwo you wouldn't want tempers flaring now do you?"

Xandros almost attacked at that moment but he managed to hold himself back as Alriana's voice echoed through the area.

"Listen to me Xandros...He's trying to get you to do something that you'll regret for the rest of your life. He wants you to attack him, he wants you to attack him and he will use her as a shield against you.You don' want the blood of a child on your hands."

Xandros's hands clenched and unclenched as he fought the urge to attack Tyrannus with everything he had. He looked back at Alriana and she was shocked by how sad his eyes seemed.

Station

I will protect her for as long as I live. And you claim to have seen this anger so many times before...indulge me. Tell me what it is.

Tyrannus knew a game when he saw one and this one was losing to it rapidly. "Oh you would know it as the green eyed monster though a Hutt would more accurately describe it." He continued to circle Xandros, holding his lightsaber unlit in his hands.

Jun-la in the meantime watched the exchange between Xandros and Alriana and noted the saddened expression. So much feeling was in that one gaze.She looked at the child and locked eyes with her, Little one. Do you know how to play keep away?

Tavaryn ran through the corridors and let out a breath of air. The suit wasn't heavy at all since he was long used to it but his anxiety level was a little high. He rounded a corner and heard voices. He was there.

Whispering he said, "Tara, are you in?"

Almost. Three minutes.

Tavaryn rolled his eyes slightly. Well he could go in. He radioed the Ebon Hawk, "Alpha Leader to Ebon Hawk."

Copy.

Tavaryn relayed instructions to Andros. He peered around the corner and noticed the grip on the girl. He had an idea but he knew his powers were a bit unstable since he wasn't a Jedi technically. "Force be with me."

Rounding the corner, he let out a push with the Force and Tyrannus went flying. He almost took the girl but Tavaryn held onto her. He looked at her and moved her towards Alriana and stepped forward. He looked at Tyrannus, "There is one thing I dislike and that is someone who has so much hatred for one person that they have to take it out on others."

Tyrannus righted himself and grinned, "Oh but how many times have you fallen for that trick?" He looked at Xandros, "Tell me something Shinigami, is it wrong for your brotherhood to mingle with the Jedi?"

Station

The child whimpered in fear as Tyrannus continued to hold her as a human shield. But the fear quickly vanished as Tyrannus was sent flying backwards with a force push. She fully expected him to continue holding onto her but the man who had hit tyrannus with the force push managed to keep her away.

Little one. Do you know how to play keep away?

The cathar child looked up at Jun-la as Tavaryn moved her towards Alriana. She quickly nodded her head as she watched wide eyed as Tavaryn and Tyrannus watched each other.

"Oh you would know it as the green eyed monster though a Hutt would more accurately describe it."

Xandros was about to charge Tyrannus and was prepared to hit him with everything he had when Tavaryn charged into the room. He watched the other Shinigami with narrowed eyes as he force pushed Tyrannus back.

"Tell me something Shinigami, is it wrong for your brotherhood to mingle with the Jedi?"

Hes trying to turn you against Tavaryn and the others. Don't play his game. You can yell at Tavaryn later. he thought.

"I'm not going to play your game." He said quietly as he looked over at Tavaryn again. "We can talk later. And rest assured, we will be talking later. But now is the time to kill this sith."

Station

Jun-la saw the nod from the Cathar child. She looked at Alriana and gave a slight nod. She motioned for the child to come. Stay behind us and if something should happen, you run to our ship.

We can talk later. And rest assured, we will be talking later. But now is the time to kill this sith.

Tavaryn glanced at Xandros and while his own expressions couldn't be seen because of the helmet, he could see that the younger one was a little peeved and that was putting it mildly. He gave a slight nod and turned towards Tyrannus. "For ages you and your family have hunted mine."

Tyrannus gave a shrug, "And you know why. Let's just say that I don't like you because of your lineage. Going all the the way back to the Heart of the Guardian."

"Yeah I know this part. The Blood King is the sworn enemy and his line had been banished from Avalon and hence swore a blood feud. Hence you hunting my family." Tavaryn sounded bored and it was easy to think that but he was tense and alert and ready to spring.

"You know your history," Tyrannus replied, "Very good. Funny thing is I am surprised your brother Shinigami doesn't know the story as well. Most would have grown up with that since your mother, the direct descendant was a part of their number. She was good at hiding even when you were born." He looked at Xandros, "Don't tell me you've never heard the tale?"

Stay behind us and if something should happen, you run to our ship.

The cathar child nodded and quickly ran behind Jun-la and silently peeked for a moment at Tyrannus and Xandros. She could feel the anger that was radiating off of Xandros and she didn't know who she was more scared of at the moment. Tyrannus or Xandros.

"Very good. Funny thing is I am surprised your brother Shinigami doesn't know the story as well. Most would have grown up with that since your mother, the direct descendant was a part of their number. She was good at hiding even when you were born." He looked at Xandros, "Don't tell me you've never heard the tale?"

Xandros was practiclly shaking he wanted to attack Tyrannus so badly. "I"ve never heard the story and truth be told, I don't want to hear it from you. You'd twist it to your own ends.

Station

I"ve never heard the story and truth be told, I don't want to hear it from you. You'd twist it to your own ends.

Tyrannus was laughing at Xandros. It was a deep throated chuckle that sounded menacing. He had noticed the child hiding behind the women. No matter though. He replied, "Oh it isn't that much different but then again many truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. Isn't that right... sangtehut?"

It had been years since Tavaryn heard that particular insult and it never failed to get a rise out of him. It was the ultimate insult to his mother's people. His fists flexed and released, indicating that he was trying to hold his temper. Plus that quote from his father... "I'd advise you not call me that."

"Ooo the Shinigami turned Republic dog is upset," Tyrannus mocked. He was laughing still at the whole thing. "And what about? Couldn't be that I was able to accurately quote Daddy now would it?"

It was tempting to launch an attack right now. Yet Tavaryn knew that attacking in anger was the sure way to get you killed. It couldn't be helped at times and often the heat of the moment led to unpredictable results. He glanced at Alriana. First was to get her out. Do not do anything rash moi chroi.

Swallowing, Tavaryn said, "Perhaps but it seems you are more interested in fighting. You have what you wanted... me. Let the others go and we can have all the fun you want."

Station

Do not do anything rash moi chroi

I wasn't planning to. She sent back as she looked over at Jun-la. "I think we should get the child back to the ship. After that, we come back and get rid of Tyrannus once and for all." She whispered.

"Perhaps but it seems you are more interested in fighting. You have what you wanted... me. Let the others go and we can have all the fun you want."

Alriana couldn't help but be nervous. She had never seen Tavaryn like this. She knew that he and Tyrannus had some sort of feud between families but this...He had insulted Tavaryn and his mother's side of the family and if she had anything to say about she was going to join Tavaryn's family.

That meant Tyrannus had just insulted her as well.

Do you want help fighting him? She sent. This man either needs to die or be imprisoned, in carbonite if possible but I'd like to see him dead.

Station

I think we should get the child back to the ship. After that, we come back and get rid of Tyrannus once and for all.

Jun-la gave a thoughtful nod. They should get out of there since this would only spell worse if things were left to fester. She muttered, "We should since this will probably be the worst since the fall of the old Republic." She gave a slight tug on Alriana's robes and started slowly maneuvering towards the exit.

Tavaryn held Tyrannus' gaze. He said, "What say you?"

Tyrannus pretended to think a moment. He noticed the two Jedi with the girl trying to leave. Better to make it so that they thought they were escaping and then slam the door shut. That always worked and was so much fun. He looked at the two Shinigami, mostly at Tavaryn and replied, "Now you propose an interesting solution. You are willing to stay behind since you know what this has always been about and yet every single one of your family before you has not made a self sacrifice like that. Why would that be?"

"Times change," Tavaryn replied. He got the signal and indicated with his implant to Tara what she was to do.

"Indeed they do which is why..." Tyrannus raised his hand to send lightning where it struck right in front of the retreating party, "I can't allow them to go. You see I've learned a lot about your family and a thing about interrogation. You are familiar with pressure points?"

Tavaryn stiffened slightly. Yes he would know that. When he didn't respond, Tyrannus taunted him with another lightning strike close to Alriana. His jaw twitched and he replied, "Alright! Alright. I get it. But you're going to have to go through me first."

Tavaryn didn't look at Alriana but he sent, As much as I would like it, I can't have you help. I agree he needs to die but first get you and the girl out. Be ready.

Out loud he said, "You're going to have to go through me." He boldly walked to place himself between Alriana and Tyrannus.

Tyrannus was laughing, "Always did have spine." He looked at Xandros and asked, "Tell me what is your motivation for being here when it is clear that you have animosity towards your brother Shinigami?"

Station

"I can't allow them to go. You see I've learned a lot about your family and a thing about interrogation. You are familiar with pressure points?"

Alriana stopped just as a quick series of force lightning blasts hit the area in front of them. She watched as Tavaryn placed himself between the group and Tyrannus.

As much as I would like it, I can't have you help. I agree he needs to die but first get you and the girl out. Be ready.

I understand...Just promise me that you'll be safe. She sent back as she prepared to grab the child and run with her. She looked down at the child and spoke quietly. "Be prepared to run as fast as you can when we leave. Don't look back...don't draw attention to yourself."

The child did look back and shook her head. "What about my father?" She whispered as she looked back at the Cathar Dark Jedi was was trying to get back to his feet.

Varith stumbled to his feet and ignited his lightsaber with a scowl on his face. He looked over at Tavaryn and Xandros. "I'm prepared to put aside my hatred of the jedi for a few minutes if you'll give me the honor of helping you put down this fool." He said as he looked over at his daughter for a moment and then at Alriana.

"You better make sure my daughter is safe." He said quietly as he turned around and faced Tyrannus.

"Tell me what is your motivation for being here when it is clear that you have animosity towards your brother Shinigami?"

Xandros muttered something under his breath. "The reason I'm here is to protect Jedi Alriana. And yes, I am angry at Tavaryn for what he did, but killing you takes priority here. Rest assured, you will die today."

Station

I understand...Just promise me that you'll be safe.

Tavaryn was glad that his face couldn't be seen very well with his helmet on. He sent back, For you, I always will try.

He then looked at Tyrannus just as Xandros said, "he reason I'm here is to protect Jedi Alriana. And yes, I am angry at Tavaryn for what he did, but killing you takes priority here. Rest assured, you will die today."

Tyrannus was laughing at the pair. He was particularly interested in Tavaryn since he was from the family that was his sworn enemy. The Shinigami was interesting since he was a hot tempered youth and that was a rare thing for the stoic order. He looked at Tavaryn, "You Shinigami brother thinks that it's my day to die."

"Perhaps he is right," Tavaryn replied. At that moment he shouted, "Now Tara."

The station's room defenses turned on and targeted Tyrannus, shooting blaster bolts at him which he deflected with his lightsaber. Tavaryn shouted at Alriana and Jun-la, "Go."

Jun-la started forward and pulled on Alriana and the child towards the exit. She called on her comm, "Andros, have the ship ready."

Copy that master.

Tavaryn in the meantime had launched forward, activating the lightsaber that had belonged to his father and pulled out his Avalonian blade. The weave of the blade was stronger than cortosis and highly prized by Republic soldiers. He knew Belina had one somewhere.

Tyrannus growled as he defended himself. He was frustrated when his leverage disappeared out of the room. No matter. He had Tavaryn and he was coming at him. He blocked the blows and laughed. "That lightsaber is a work of art and to think it lasted all these years."

"Good service," Tavaryn muttered. He was pushed back by Tyrannus and ended up going over a panel. He ended up bumping into Xandros. He then said in Avalonian, "Are you familiar with two prong maneuver?"

For you, I always will try.

Alriana smiled for a moment. She knew that Tavaryn would always keep his promise to the best of the ability. Good luck. She sent As the small group headed for the exit as quickly as possible. She turned around and took one last look at the battling combatants and ran after them with the child's hand in hers.

"Are you familiar with two prong maneuver?"

Xandros looked at Tavaryn and nodded as he began to move into position.

Ackbar

Command Deck

Belina watched as the small shuttle containing the two ambassadors and a small security patrol shot into hyperspace. She looked back at the communications panel.

"The ambassadors are on their way." She said to the armored figure that was on the screen. "And as I said, if you are to join us, your planet will recieve as much planetary aid as you need. You will also be permitted full use of the Resistance's facilities and that includes spacedocks and repair yards."

The figure nodded for a moment. "We will see what else your ambassadors have to offer and rest assured, you will get a response shortly. But you were correct when you said this new sith threat is a threat to the galaxy. When we decide on a course of action we will notify you. Re'turcye mhi "

Belina deactivated the panel and looked out the window and hoped to the force that everything would work out. She looked down at the intercom and shook her head for a moment. "Attention. Master Kol Skywalker, please report to the briefing room on the bridge." She said into the intercom as she headed for the briefing room.

Station

Jun-la followed Alriana, making sure that their flank was covered. As much as she would have liked to have stayed with her uncle and fight, she knew that he needed to do this himself. So she covered their backs and pressed forward.

As they made their way through the station, they thought that they were home free when a bulkhead shut in front of them. She frowned at that. "What the...?"

I am sorry Jedi Starlighter. It appears that there are enemies on this deck.

Jun-la gave a slight grin, "Tara? Are you in the system?"

Yes. I can guide you out with a little help. Take the south corridor. The others have traps.

Jun-la looked at Alriana and asked, "Were you the one that once made the joke about following a computer's orders?"

Andros moved, his lightsaber a bright blue beacon. He held it in one hand and carefully moved in a side step. He blocked when a few strikes came his way.

Tyrannus chuckled, "So much like your father. The Negotiator was always a cautious one. Perhaps the only time he threw it away was when it involved your mother."

Tavaryn gave a slight nod but didn't speak. He did block when Tyrannus lashed out. It was quick and decisive. The sparks flew since it was rapid and fast. It was followed by a knock to the head by something that flew right at him and it dazed him.

Tyrannus took advantage and started in at Xandros. He led with a complicated maneuver and then used a bolt of electricity at close range, guaranteed for the shock of his life. He looked at Xandros and said, "A little out of practice Shinigami?"

"Were you the one that once made the joke about following a computer's orders?"

Alriana thought for a moment. "I might have. To be honest I don't quite remember." she said as she headed for the south corridor.

"A little out of practice Shinigami?"

Xandros winced slightly as the shock hit him and shook his head. "A true Shinigami is never out of practice. Trust me, Right now I can think of three separate ways to kill you.

A familiar voice came from the corner. "I think I know what your thinking." Varith's voice echoed through the room as the cathar dark jedi got to his feet. "And it's not an option. What your planning to do would tear the station apart and kill everyone on it."

He motioned around the room. "We can't risk compromising the hull here. Everything on this station is jury rigged, if we cause enough damage we'll be dealing with severe power surges that will cause explosions everywhere."

A sudden idea came to Varith's mind as he reignited his lightsaber and held it in a makashi stance as he smiled at Tyrannus and then at the others. "I'd leave the area if I were you two. It's about to get very cold in here." He said to Xandros and Tavaryn.

Station

I might have. To be honest I don't quite remember.

Jun-la gave a slight smile, "I wouldn't expect you to like this." She then stopped. She looked around. "Tara are you picking up anything?"

I am picking up a high energy source down corridor 22B. Scans indicate no vital system.

Jun-la looked at Alriana, "Should we?" She looked down at the child holding onto Alriana's hand.

A true Shinigami is never out of practice. Trust me, Right now I can think of three separate ways to kill you.

Tyrannus laughed at him, "And I am familiar with those ways too. Though I think it would be best served against the sangtahut standing with you. If you studied your history, you would know why."

Tavaryn narrowed his eyes. He had removed his helmet since the impact severely damaged it. His locks head beads of sweat. "I must have read a different history book considering it was your family that was declared a disgrace."

"Yes and the Heart of the Guardian was celebrated as heroes and for what? For insolent kath pups like you who carry secrets darker than what Palpatine could ever do? Don't judge me," Tyrannus replied. He looked at Varith who was getting to his feet. "And don't think that I won't give up on going after that precious young mind."

I'd leave the area if I were you two. It's about to get very cold in here.

Tavaryn looked at the Cathar. They had fought before but now they had a common enemy. It was a strange time but stranger things had happened. "You'll need help," he said.

Station

"Should we?"

"I don't know." Alriana answered. "Are we sure that whatever is down this corridor isn't dangerous? For all we know it could be some sort of trap that Tyrannus set."

"And I am familiar with those ways too. Though I think it would be best served against the sangtahut standing with you. If you studied your history, you would know why."

Xandros smiled darkly. "I'm not falling for your games, sith. And trust me, you have no idea what I have planned for you. They aren't the traditional means of dispatching an opponet...no...these are a bit more...creative."

"And don't think that I won't give up on going after that precious young mind."

Varith looked over at the others and then with eyes blazing with hatred he turned to look back at Tyrannus. "Thats it. You just sealed your fate by threatning Velra."

"You'll need help,"

Varith didn't even have to think about it. "I'll take whatever help I can get. But be warned, you may have to run very soon if what I have planned works." He said as he grabbed a set of pipes that ran across the celling and began to pull them down with the force.

RSS Ackbar, Briefing Room

Master Skywalker walked into the briefing room with a concerned look on face. He took a brief glance at the two ambassadors before approaching Admiral Belina.

"I trust you've gone over the reports from the excursion to Dagobah." He said to her. "Is there anything you need me to clarify?"

"I trust you've gone over the reports from the excursion to Dagobah." He said to her. "Is there anything you need me to clarify?"

Belina looked at the two ambassaors and motioned for them to leave the room. "We need to talk Master Skywalker." She said quietly as she motioned for him to sit down.

"I need your advice on something and I also need to ask you a favor." She said as she turned to look out the viewport. "The short version of this is that we're losing the war. We've lost too many repair facilities and too many ships to contine this one our own. I sent two ambassadors to what remains of the Mandalorians.

"I couldn't think of anyone else to discuss this with. I realize that I should have asked you the pros and cons before hand but I was desperate. I need to discuss them with you now before the Mandalorians get here."

"I'm asking you to to help me with the negotiations. I need someone to help guide me during the negotiations."

She turned to look back at him.

"Will you help me?" She asked?

"I'm more than willing to help. However, my own experience with Mandalorians is limited, apart from working with Jedi Master Kalla Vel. Master Kaltas, however, was her apprentice. He might be more well equipped to negotiate with them." Kol explained.

• 3 weeks later...

Ackbar Briefing Room

Tariq listened in on the conversation. He offered, "Ma'am, perhaps appealing to their closest relations like Selene on Amshrey will help. Selene is Avalonian but also Mandalorian. I remember her being particularly effective in battle and they have repair crews."

Station

Are we sure that whatever is down this corridor isn't dangerous? For all we know it could be some sort of trap that Tyrannus set.

Jun-la would have answered but Tara's voice came over the intercom, "I have access to the station's plan grid. I can lead you back to the Ebon Hawk."

Jun-la raised her brow and looked at Alriana, "Well, Tara hasn't lied to use yet and she is fond of Uncle."

I'll take whatever help I can get. But be warned, you may have to run very soon if what I have planned works.

Tavaryn noticed the piping. He dodged as soon as they headed towards the ground. He looked to see Tyrannus grinning and giving a mocking look. He said, "Missed me but keep going unless you want to live."

Tavaryn charged forward and clashed his blade with Tyrannus'. It was a flashy show of quick parries and thrusts and a shower of sparks. Tavaryn had learned the old ways of the Jedi and those of his people. The armor he was wearing was bulky but he could move in it. He was adapted for it courtesy of the Republic and Avalon.

Tyrannus was impressed with Tavaryn. He had met the elder siblings and the youngest evaded him. "You're doing well."

"Practice does that," Tavaryn replied and blocked the next blow.

The fight continued until Tyrannus took advantage. He grazed his blade over Tavayrn's helmet and then used the Force to send him flying into the bulkhead. The awkward angle caused pain when Tavaryn hit and he actually punctured his armor near his abdomen. He landed with a dull thud on the ground.

Tyrannus grinned and looked at Xandros and Varith, "Whose next?"

Station

Well, Tara hasn't lied to use yet and she is fond of Uncle."

Alriana mentally smacked herself. "Of course, sorry. I'm a little nervous with all that's going on. Lets just get to the Hawk as soon as we can and get out of here."

"Whose next?"

Xandros was about to step forward when Varith stopped him. "Grab the Shinigami and hold onto something!" He shouted as he raised his hands and arcs of lightning shot out from his fingers and hit the sith but a few hit a small group of fuel containers behind the sith. Xandros saw what was about to happen and grabbed Tavaryn before latching onto a pipe that was attached to the wall.

Varith smiled darkly. "Boom." He said as he grabbed onto one of the pipes and watched as the explosion caused by the fuel containers created a massive hole in the wall behind Tyrannus.

"Attention. Hull breach detected. Initiating emergency bulkheads." the computer's voice echoed through the station as vaccum started to rip the air and everything that wasn't nailed down into the void.

Ackbar

"I'm more than willing to help. However, my own experience with Mandalorians is limited, apart from working with Jedi Master Kalla Vel. Master Kaltas, however, was her apprentice. He might be more well equipped to negotiate with them."

"If that's what you believe is best than I would appreciate it if you could ask him. If we get the Mandalorians on our side, I have a feeling that we could turn the tide in this war."

"Ma'am, perhaps appealing to their closest relations like Selene on Amshrey will help. Selene is Avalonian but also Mandalorian. I remember her being particularly effective in battle and they have repair crews."

Belina thought for a moment. "That could work. But I should admit to you all that I do have a secondary objective tied in with these negotiations." She sighed heavily. "I want peace. I just want the fighting to stop." She muttered softly. "The Empire is part of the resistance, if we could bring the Mandalorians into this alliance...we could finally have a stable peace between the three superpowers once the Sith empire is gone."

She looked over at Kol Skywalker and her eyes began to fill with tears. "I'm supposed to be strong." She muttered. "I just can't deal with all the deaths that are on my hands anymore."

Station

Of course, sorry. I'm a little nervous with all that's going on. Lets just get to the Hawk as soon as we can and get out of here.

Tara's voice came over the comm, "No need to worry. Proceed down the corridor."

There was a slight pause and the alarms came on. Jun-la looked around and then asked, "Tara, what was that?"

"I am detecting a hull breach in the compartment that you left. Emergency bulkheads are activated but I am detecting critical areas. Some are not shutting."

Jun-la knew that they could risk to go back and help but there was also the child to think of. She looked at Alriana since this was weighing heavily on her because of Tavaryn. "What do you want to do?"

Tyrannus managed to grab a hold of something as the vacuum of space pulled. He felt the cold and was irritated and he was annoyed with the Cathar. He couldn't do anything at the moment since his breath was being sucked from him. He felt lightheaded but was able to glare at the group.

In the meantime Tavaryn managed to wake up from his bout. He felt the pain in his side and the pressure. His suit had been punctured. His helmet was cracked and he could see that the vacuum was pulling them. The next thing he knew, his body slipped from Xandros' grasp and his feet hurtled towards Tyrannus and they hit the Sith. He grabbed on and looked to see the Sith hanging onto his leg.

"Well this is a surprise," Tyrannus managed to croak. "You know you could just let go and all will be over but I do have a fondness for myself."

Tavaryn was still lightheaded and couldn't quite answer. He did look upwards at the Cathar and Xandros, appealing silently if they had a plan.

Archived