Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part IX: The Eleventh Hour

Ebon Hawk

Andros had the Ebon Hawk ready to take off at a moment's notice. They were waiting for the last of their group to board and he was getting a little anxious. He could tell that the station was going to collapse. The console began to blink as he kept an eye out and he saw that it was a transmission coming in. He played it.

Ebon Hawk, this is Admiral Belina aboard the Ackbar. What is your status?

Andros replied, "This is the Ebon Hawk. We have the child but still waiting on three. Station structural integrity is rapidly declin..."

He felt the explosion and it was certain that the whole ship shook. He checked the sensors, "Ackbar the structural integrity is failing. We've had a major explosion. Will hold out until..." The comm cut out. "Damn it," he muttered.

Quickly Andros replayed, "Master, we don't have much time. We have to get out."

Jun-la held her lightsaber ready to defend. She felt the explosions under her feet and heard the creaks. She replied, "Roger that. We're still waiting. Be ready to punch it."

Copy that.

Station

Tavaryn was relieved when they made it to the hangar bay and the Hawk was in sight. He saw his niece and inwardly groaned. No doubt he was going to get it from her too. He allowed Xandros to steady him as he limped towards the ship. He had to stop and grabbed the ramp of the ship. He said to Jun-la, "Don't even think about it."

"Oh I'm not Uncle," Jun-la replied holding in her worry. She had seen her uncle limping and with help from Xandros. She knew he was hurt if he was taking assistance. She could only hope that the other Jedi on board wouldn't get too hysterical. "But someone else might."

Tavaryn gave her a scowl as Xandros returned with the data chip that had the AI. He took the data chip and put it in the slot in his powersuit while clutching to the one that the Cathar Jedi had given him. He had felt the explosions but more importantly, he sensed the Cathar and the light side of the Force with him and he sensed Tyrannus until there was nothing more. He sighed as he let Xandros get him inside the ship and towards the medbay.

Jun-la waited until Xeran climbed aboard and said, "Lift off Andros." She jumped onto the ramp and sealed the doors. It was going to be a bumpy ride out. "Go!"

Meanwhile Tavaryn made his way to the medbay and chanced upon Alriana. He stood up straighter though it pained him and said, "I'm all right moi chroi."

Tyrannus lowered his blade as he saw what the Cathar had done. There was no means of escaping this. He had survived before but even he knew when he was defeated. He looked at the Cathar and said, "Well played," and allowed himself to be engulfed by the flames.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ackbar

"Ackbar the structural integrity is failing. We've had a major explosion. Will hold out until..."

Belina looked up sharply as she heard the comn cut out. "We've lost communications with them." She said quietly.

Station

"I'm all right moi chroi."

Alriana had tears running down her face. Tears of sorrow and also tears of relief. Velra was standing next to her with tears running down her face and she was sobbing.

"I...felt that Cathar force user die." Alriana said quietly. "I could sense the light-side in him at the end. He managed to finally put an end to Tyrannus. He gave his life not only for us, but for his daughter."

Velra continued crying as Alriana picked her up and gently hugged her. "It's going to be alright Velra." She said quietly. "Your father was a hero and I'll make sure the Jedi remember his name with honor."

She gently freed one of her hands and pulled Tavaryn into the hug while softly planting a kiss on him. "I'm glad your safe Tavaryn. And thanks to Varith we no longer need to worry about Tyrannus. A good man sacrificed himself to make sure of that."

Ackbar

Tariq looked at the admiral. It sounded dire but he had always had confidence in the LT. He said, "They will make it. It's Alpha Leader and Jedi Alriana."

Station

Tavaryn saw Alriana's sobbing as she pulled him into her embrace. He stiffened slightly from the soreness but accepted the kiss. He returned it with one of his own on her head and whispered, "It's okay moi chroi. It will be all right."

He looked at the Cathar child and slowly reached up and brushed her tears away gently. He nodded and said, "Your father is a good person. "

He couldn't say anymore since his injuries were catching up to him. He winced trying not to let out a moan but it was low. He tried to reach out for the biobed to steady himself.

Andros guided the Hawk towards the exit. He called back,"Hang on back there. You too sis."

It was hard but he smiled when he felt the reassuring hand of his master. He nodded knowing that they were going to make it. Debris was falling and almost hit them several times but he anticipated and moved. The exit was falling and collapsed just as the Hawk busted through. He gave a victory punch in the air.

"Good work my pupil," Jun- la said giving a pat to Andros' shoulder.

Andros nodded and keyed the com, "Ebon Hawk to Ackbar. We're clear. Repeat we're clear."

Ackbar

"Ebon Hawk to Ackbar. We're clear. Repeat we're clear."

Belina let out a relieved sigh. It was excellent news that they had managed to get away from that station. "Ackbar to Ebon Hawk. Good work. Meet up with us as soon as you can."

Station

"It's okay moi chroi. It will be all right."

"I know." Alriana said quietly as she looked down at the Cathar child and then back up at Tavaryn. She could tell he was in pain and she knew he should probably lay down.

"Come on Tavaryn." She said quietly as she sent the Cathar child down. "You need to rest for a few minutes. Sit down at least until we get to the Ackbar."

Ebon Hawk

Andros heaved a sigh and replied, "Copy that. On our way." He entered the coordinates of the Ackbar. He guided the Hawk to lightspeed.

Tavaryn looked at Alriana and gave a slight smile. He reached out to ease himself into a sitting position on the biobed. He straightened out and looked down. There was a large hole in his powersuit and a nasty gash underneath. There was still blood leaking through. He sighed slightly and said, "And I'm full of holes."

He shook his head and reached out to touch Alriana on her abdomen. She was fine and the baby was fine. Also what had haunted his family for so long was gone. He looked at Velra and gently touched her cheek to dry her tears. "I have something for you a'ghra," he said as he held out the data chip.

Ackbar

Belina turned to look at the assembled people around her. "Once they get back, we should begin planning our next move and possibly discuss relocating the main bulk of our forces."

Ebon Hawk

"And I'm full of holes."

Alriana smiled. "That's what Bacta tanks and bandages are for." She teased gently as she watched as he handed a small data chip to Velra.

"I have something for you a'ghra,"

Velra looked at it curiously as Tavaryn wiped away her tears. "What is it?" She asked as she took it and held it in her hands.

Ackbar

Tariq nodded in agreement, "A reasonable request ma'am. I will have Alpha team on standby. "

Ebon Hawk

Tavaryn smiled weakly at Alriana and replied, "Perhaps we could take care of it before we get to the Ackbar, the better. Less chance of the viper getting her way. "

Turning towards Velra he replied gently, his voice taking a soothing tone, "Your father told me to give it to you and to say that he loves you."

Ackbar

Belina smiled. "Good to hear. Now if you'll excuse me for just a moment I need to check on something."

She turned and headed to the other side of the room where a holo-communicator that was built into the wall was beeping. She activated it and the life-size hologram of the armored warrior she had been speaking with before appeared.

"Admiral Belina. We have begun redistributing our forces to rendezvous with those of the Resistance. However, we have noticed a disturbing occurrence among a small sith force that entered Mandalorian territory. Two frigates and a heavy destroyer entered our space and engaged the forces guarding one of our shipyards. We managed to destroy them but we lost two ships while doing so."

The armored warrior paused for a moment. "The Sith Force was unusually well coordinated and informed. They were able to get past our boarder defenses without triggering an alarm and they knew exactly which shipyard was the least defended. We may have an informant in our forces or you may have one in yours. We are currently investigating and I would advise you to do the same."

Belina shook her head. "This is bad. I'll have my forces begin checking outgoing transmissions to see if it's a problem on our end. Belina out."

She turned to look at the group and shook her head as she signaled the bridge. "Begin checking outgoing transmissions. Red flag anything that you see fit to."

"Yes Admiral."

Ebon Hawk

"Perhaps we could take care of it before we get to the Ackbar, the better. Less chance of the viper getting her way. "

Alriana was about to make a comment about the Death Head's medical facilities but thought better of it. "If you want to try and take care of it now you're more than welcome to." She said with a chuckle. "But no matter what happens, you're probably going to be ending up in a bacta tank."

"Your father told me to give it to you and to say that he loves you."

Velra took the offered data chip and held it close to her. "Do you know how to use it?" She asked.

Ackbar

Tariq nodded and said, "Perhaps that young Jedi. The one called Andros may be able to help when the Hawk returns." He looked at Belina and Garja.

Ebon Hawk

Tavaryn looked at Alriana and then downwards towards his abdomen. It was serious and more than likely he would be put in the bacta tank. He sighed at that knowing that there were some things to discuss. His expression was somber. He replied, "If you don't mind helping moi chroi. I really want to avoid the tank. Please."

Tavaryn then turned towards Velra and said, "I can show you how it works. Let me just fix myself and I will show you a'ghra. Okay?"

Ackbar

"Perhaps that young Jedi. The one called Andros may be able to help when the Hawk returns."

"I'll keep that in mind." Belina said as she turned to look at Garja. "I want all further communications checked twice before they go out."

Garja nodded. "Yes Admiral."

Ebon Hawk

"If you don't mind helping moi chroi. I really want to avoid the tank. Please."

Alriana sighed and smiled. "Fine. Just lay down and I should be able to help fix some of the damage."

"I can show you how it works. Let me just fix myself and I will show you a'ghra. Okay?"

Velra nodded and wiped away the last of her tears. "Okay." She said simply.

Ebon Hawk

Tavaryn was exhausted from the day. He looked at Velra and smiled gently at her as he gently caressed her head. He would do everything he could to make sure she wouldn't be alone. He said to the little girl, "It will be okay. Go ahead and sit with Jun-la in the main hold. She will look after you."

He turned towards Alriana and started removing his armor. He was wearing a t-shirt underneath and it was shredded where it had been punctured. He moved to lay back and sent, There is a reason why I am a pain with the tanks moi chroi. I had an unfortunate experience with one. I was buried alive in it. He looked towards her as he laid back.

Ebon Hawk

"It will be okay. Go ahead and sit with Jun-la in the main hold. She will look after you."

Velra smiled and hugged Tavaryn before turning and running for the main hold. She saw Jun-la and ran up to her. "The man in the med-bay told me to go and sit with you." She held up the data-chip. "Can you help me with this? I don't know what to do with it."

There is a reason why I am a pain with the tanks moi chroi. I had an unfortunate experience with one. I was buried alive in it.

Now I understand why you always try to avoid the tanks at all costs. She thought back at him. Don't worry, I'll try to keep you from needing to visit bacta tanks from now on.

Alriana closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Hold still." She said quietly as she let the power of the force flow through her and focused it into helping Tavaryn heal.

Ebon Hawk

Tavaryn accepted the hug from Velra and already felt love for the little girl. She may not be his but... he had a soft spot for children and was always willing to give time and attention to them. He did so when he was growing up with the Shinigami. He hummed with slight smile as he watched the child but he sobered slightly when he looked at Alriana. He said, "Don't overdo it moi chroi. The baby...?" He held still and then added, "if you want to know, I will tell you about my phobia."

In the meantime Jun-la was greeted by the little Cathar and she smiled saying, "Well it is a data chip. This one looks like it might have a personal message. Lets see if we can get it to show up." She motioned for Velra to come to the console with her.

Ebon Hawk

"Don't overdo it moi chroi. The baby...?" He held still and then added, "if you want to know, I will tell you about my phobia."

Alriana relaxed a bit as she continued to accelerate Tavaryn's healing. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." She said with a slight smile. "And about the baby...there's something I need to tell you." She said as her smile widened slightly. It had been difficult for her to tell at first since this was her first pregnancy but she was finally sure what she had suspected was true and she was ready to tell Tavaryn.

She leaned down next to him and spoke a single word into his ear. She was hoping to get a reaction from him. Hopefully something that they could both share a laugh about later.

"Twins." She whispered in his ear.

"Well it is a data chip. This one looks like it might have a personal message. Lets see if we can get it to show up."

Velra smiled and walked over towards the console that Jun-la was standing by and looked down at the chip and than looked up at Jun-la. "How do we get the message to show up?" She asked.

The orphanage she had lived in on Cathar had data-chips and machines that could play them but the children were never allowed to operate them. They were somewhat expensive to fix if they were broken.

Ebon Hawk

Tavaryn relaxed since that helped with the healing process. He replied, "I would like you to know. I would like you to know who I was trapped with. He was the reason why I have some control over my Jedi abilities. If you are willing."

He paused so she could think about it. He rarely spoke about his days as a Shinigami before he met her. It was only right that she know. He sighed as he felt he healing course through.

As he relaxed he felt Alriana lean in close and heard her whisper, "Twins."

Tavaryn turned to look at her. His eyes were wide in surprise. He thought he had a surprise when she told him she was pregnant. This was... "Twins? For certain?" He looked to her for confirmation.

Jun-la smiled at Velra and replied, "Just put it into that slot." She pointed at the slit for the data chip.

Ebon Hawk

"Twins? For certain?"

Alriana smiled brightly. "Yes...I wasn't sure at first. It was difficult to tell but I eventually managed figure it out. I was going to go to the Ackbar's medical bay when we returned. You're welcome to join me if you wish." She said in a teasing tone.

"I would like you to know. I would like you to know who I was trapped with. He was the reason why I have some control over my Jedi abilities. If you are willing."

"Of course I'm willing to listen." She said gently.

"Just put it into that slot."

"Okay." Velra smiled as she placed the data-chip in the slot. A life-size holographic image began to form to reveal the former Cathar dark Jedi Varith.

"If this message has been activated, then I have managed to give you a better life then I could have ever hoped for. I was once a paragon of Light and Justice but when your mother was taken from us, I fell to the Dark side and began hunting those that I once considered brothers and sisters of the Order."

The image of Varith smiled for a brief moment. "For years I did horrible things but then I learned that I had a daughter that I never knew about. Your mother came to me in a vision and told me...told me what I had to do. I am sorry for all the years you lived without a family Velra, I can never make that up to you. But I can give you a better future."

The holographic image of Varith looked behind as the sounds of blaster fire began to sound in the background of the image. "I don't have much time. But I want you to know that your Father loves you. And I entrust you to those who I know will always look after you."

"Jedi Alriana and Tavaryn Onashi. I ask that you look after my child and welcome her into your family. I ask that you love her as you will one day love your own children." The image of Varith ignited his lightsaber as the sound of blaster fire began to grow louder.

"You are my redemption Velra. Always remember that."

The image faded after a moment and Velra wiped a few tears away. "Father..." She said quietly.

Ebon Hawk

Tavaryn grasped Alriana's hand and held it in his large ones and looked at her, "Nothing would make me happier than to accompany you." He reached out with one of his hands after sitting up. He winced slightly since he was still sore. He still managed to sit up and he reached towards her abdomen and gently touched it. He tentatively reached out and actually picked up the tiny lives. "They are there moi chroi. I sense them."

He took a breath and stared at Alriana's abdomen. His expression was a content smile as he sat in silence. Then he said, "His name Aiden. He was the Jedi I was to protect. We were captured and Aiden was injured trying to save me. We ended up in the tank and left to die slowly. He continued to save me by instructing me how to use the Force to control my breathing. He gave me the basis to experiment with other abilities."

Jun-la put her hand on the little girl's shoulder. She then offered her embrace for comfort. "It is okay to cry little one. Remember the good things he did."

Ebon Hawk

"They are there moi chroi. I sense them."

"I'm glad." Alriana smiled. "And thank you for agreeing to accompany me to the medical bay when we get back. I'm not going to lie, I am a bit nervous."

She listened quietly as Tavaryn told the tale of being trapped in the bacta tank.

"His name Aiden. He was the Jedi I was to protect. We were captured and Aiden was injured trying to save me. We ended up in the tank and left to die slowly. He continued to save me by instructing me how to use the Force to control my breathing. He gave me the basis to experiment with other abilities."

"If I may ask, how did you survive the encounter?" She asked curiously. "How did you manage to escape the tank?"

"It is okay to cry little one. Remember the good things he did."

Velra nodded and she looked back up as the hologram flashed for a brief moment and the image of Varith reappeared. This time he was sitting in a pilot's chair with the background of a star-fighter behind him.

"Velra. I only have a brief amount of time before I reach the station. The shuttle sent out a distress call and I'm on my way. If you are watching this, then I did manage to rescue you. However, if I'm not there, then I died in the attempt. I only hope that Tavaryn Onashi and Jedi Alriana are the ones who managed to get you off that blasted station. I have a favor to ask of them along with the one known as Jun-la."

"I know that my daughter is force sensitive. I could sense if when I first encountered her. I ask that she be trained in the ways of the Jedi by the one known as Jun-la when she feels she is old enough. I also ask that she be given a home on the Resistance vessel Ackbar for as long as Onashi and Jedi Alriana remain aboard."

The sound of a computer voice echoed through the room from the hologram. "Arrival in thirty seconds. Please stand by." Varith smiled as the hologram shut down leaving an empty space that was quickly replaced by the image of a Cathar woman holding a baby.

"That must be my mother." Velra said quietly as she looked up at Jun-la. "Are you Jun-la? Are you going to teach me how to be a Jedi?" She asked quietly.

Ebon Hawk

Tavaryn though about her question for a moment as he reveled in the happy feeling of being able to sense his babies. He also remembered that time with Aiden. Finally he said, "I learned how to control my breathing and I was able to divert my attention to trying help Aiden with his injuries. We were in there for hours. Aiden insisted that he was okay. He died while we were in there. A couple of hours later we were rescued by a smuggler. I was in the medbay for a couple of days and we were able to bury Aiden. While we were in there, he had me practice. It kept us sane." He paused a moment and then added, "Would it be presumptuous of me to ask that we name one of the twins Aiden?"

Jun-la looked at the images that appeared. She looked at Velra and said, "I can teach you little one as I will my own daughter. And I think Alriana and Tavaryn would like to help with that. What do you think?"

Ebon Hawk

"Would it be presumptuous of me to ask that we name one of the twins Aiden?"

Alriana smiled gently and took one of Tavaryn's hands in hers. "Of course we can name one of them Aiden." She said gently. "I'm sorry to hear you went through something like that though."

"I can teach you little one as I will my own daughter. And I think Alriana and Tavaryn would like to help with that. What do you think?"

Velra smiled. "I want to be like my father. I want to be a Jedi." She said quietly. What is it like to be a Jedi?" She asked carefully.

Ebon Hawk

Of course we can name one of them Aiden. "I'm sorry to hear you went through something like that though.

Tavaryn smiled at Alriana as she held his hand. He moved his fingers to brush against hers, the tips barely stroking the skin. He replied, "It was horrible but... I guess it is what the Jedi call the will of the Force. Everything has a purpose to it. I am just glad it brought me to you." He reached up with his free hand and caressed her cheek. "I love you."

I want to be like my father. I want to be a Jedi. What is it like to be a Jedi?

Jun-la looked down at the little Cathar and smiled. She was young and innocent still even though she had witnessed horrible things. She replied, "Then you will be a Jedi. Being a Jedi means that you take what is given to you and use it to help others." It was a simplified version of the life and a credo that had changed over the centuries. "You will find that there are some people that have gifts like yours and use it to do bad things and some don't use it like Jedi do but they still help people."

Andros checked the systems on the Ebon Hawk. They were making good time. They were alsmost back to the Ackbar. He relayed to the crew, "ETA to the Ackbar within an hour folks." He then cued in to the Ackbar, "Ebon Hawk to Ackbar, we'll be coming in about an hour. Make sure there is a parking spot."

Ebon Hawk

"I love you."

Alriana smiled as he caressed her cheek.

"And I love you." She said quietly.

"Then you will be a Jedi. Being a Jedi means that you take what is given to you and use it to help others." It was a simplified version of the life and a credo that had changed over the centuries. "You will find that there are some people that have gifts like yours and use it to do bad things and some don't use it like Jedi do but they still help people."

Velra listened with wide eyed attention and nodded her head. "I think I understand." She said. "My father's message said that he fell before he saved us. What does that mean?" She asked. "What does it mean to fall?" She asked.

Ackbar

"Ebon Hawk to Ackbar, we'll be coming in about an hour. Make sure there is a parking spot."

"Acknowledged Ebon Hawk." She said as she recognized Andros's voice. "Andros. We need your help with something when you get back. We may have a security problem here."

Ackbar

Deck 31

The spy frowned for a brief moment. He had been monitoring the communications through a small device he had left in the communications array the last time it had been repaired. So...they were onto him.

No matter.

The traps were set. Everything was ready aboard both the Death's Head and the Ackbar.

The time was near.

Ebon Hawk

Tavaryn continued to caress Alriana's cheek. He loved the feel of her soft skin under his finger tips. He ended up chuckling gently since he remembered the last time he started out with a cheek caress. He couldn't help himself and chuckled some more.

What does it mean to fall?

Jun-la thought about what to say. She didn't want to put the child's father in a bad light. Still she couldn't lie to her either. Finally she said, "Well, remember when I said that some people who have gifts like you use them to hurt people? That is what it means to fall. The reasons are many. Most fall because they try to protect the people they love and sometimes they do it the wrong way. Your father wasn't a bad person. He just made a bad choice. Do you understand?"

Ackbar

Andros. We need your help with something when you get back. We may have a security problem here.

"Copy that," Andros replied. "Maybe I can borrow Tara for the job."

Ebon Hawk

Alriana smiled gently. "Try and get some rest. According to Andros we're going to reach the Ackbar in an hour and if you don't want to end up in the Bacta tank you should get some rest."

"Well, remember when I said that some people who have gifts like you use them to hurt people? That is what it means to fall. The reasons are many. Most fall because they try to protect the people they love and sometimes they do it the wrong way. Your father wasn't a bad person. He just made a bad choice. Do you understand?"

Velra nodded. "I think I understand." She said quietly as two shimmering blue figures appeared in the main hold for a brief moment. Velra looked up and her eyes widened in shock. One was a Cathar male wearing a Jedi robe and the other was a woman wearing common clothes.

"We love you Velra." The woman's voice echoed through the ship for a brief moment. "Your mother loves you very much."

The Cathar male smiled. "And so does your father. This is the last time you can see us for a very long time. But one day you will see us again." Varith said as his daughter ran up to him and her mother. She tried to hug them only to nearly fall right through them. "I'm sorry." Velra's mother said, but we can only say good-bye."

Tears began to fall from Velra's eyes. "It's alright Velra. It's okay to cry." Varith said. "But remember, you have a new family now. And they will love you as much as we do."

Velra nodded sadly as the two force figures began to vanish and disappeared completely after a few moments. Velra looked at Jun-la.

"I want to train. I want to train so my Mother and Father will be proud."

Ackbar

"Copy that," Andros replied. "Maybe I can borrow Tara for the job."

'Whatever you need." Belina said. "Once you get back we may have to move the majority of the fleet. I have a feeling our position may be compromised. Try and get here as quickly as you can."

Ebon Hawk

Try and get some rest. According to Andros we're going to reach the Ackbar in an hour and if you don't want to end up in the Bacta tank you should get some rest.

Tavaryn sighed and made a slight face. "Alright moi chroi." His expression then became mischievous and he added, "Care to join me? I might be lonely."

I want to train. I want to train so my Mother and Father will be proud.

Jun-la nodded. She had seen the shadowy figures of the girl's parents. "I will teach you little one." She put a hand to Velra's face and rubbed her head in a comforting gesture.

Once you get back we may have to move the majority of the fleet. I have a feeling our position may be compromised. Try and get here as quickly as you can.

"I'm pushing her to the max Admiral," Andros commented. He made an adjustment on the panel. "To buy some time you could have Admiral Garja initiate the stealth protocol I was showing him last week. It can hide the fleet's signatures."

Archived