Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part IX: The Eleventh Hour

Ebon Hawk

"Alright moi chroi." His expression then became mischievous and he added, "Care to join me? I might be lonely."

Alriana grinned and shook her head. "When you're feeling a bit better and not as sore. Then we'll talk." She said with an equally mischievous smile. "Now behave for awhile."

"I will teach you little one."

Velra smiled and let out a cheer. "What's the first thing I have to learn?" She asked eagerly.

Ackbar

"I'm pushing her to the max Admiral," Andros commented. He made an adjustment on the panel. "To buy some time you could have Admiral Garja initiate the stealth protocol I was showing him last week. It can hide the fleet's signatures."

"Sounds good." Belina responded as she turned to Garja. "You heard the man. Initiate Stealth protocol and keep an eye out for anything suspicious."

Garja turned towards the Operations officer who had already heard the request. "Stealth Protocol coming online." The Ops officer reported and then frowned.

"What is it?" Garja asked.

"Some sort of Power surge in the comn systems. Nothing to worry about, sir. I can fix it."

Belina turned to look at Garja and than turned to look at the Ops officer. "Try and lock down whatever is causing it." She said as she spoke into the ship intercom.

"Attention all hands, stand by to go to battle stations. Our position may have been compromised. All crew members are to keep an eye out for anything unusual. Report anything immediately."

Unknown to Belina and Garja and the rest of the crew of the Ackbar, a single transmission had been launched through hyper-space. A set of coordinates with two words attached.

Resistance Command

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ebon Hawk

Tavaryn pouted slightly as he looked at her. He replied, "You are a harsh taskmaster moi chroi. " He sighed and added, "At least stay with me. You know I sleep better with you beside me. I promise to behave." He gave a puppy look.

Jun-la nodded at the girl, "First is to learn about the Force and how to sense and draw upon it."

Ebon Hawk

You are a harsh taskmaster moi chroi. " He sighed and added, "At least stay with me. You know I sleep better with you beside me. I promise to behave."

Alriana sighed. "Alright. Move over a bit." She said as she gently climbed into the bed. "Remember, behave yourself." She said in a teasing tone.

"First is to learn about the Force and how to sense and draw upon it."

"How do you sense it? And how do you use it?" She asked eagerly and then paused for a moment. "And what does it feel like when you do sense it?"

Fourth Sith Battle Fleet.

"Captain. Incoming transmission. Text only."

The Commander of the Fourth Sith Battle fleet looked up from his report to see a set of coordinates appear on the screen with two words. Resistance Command.

"Contact High Command on Coruscant. Inform them that it appears one of our spies has finally managed to locate the majority of the Resistance Leaders. Transmit the coordinates to High command and inform the rest of the Battle Fleet that we may be moving out shortly."

Tavaryn smiled and shifted to make room for Alriana. His abdomen was still sore but it was better. He lifted his arm so Alriana could rest her head on his shoulder and wrapped his arm around her. He planted a kiss on her head that was chaste but full of love. He allowed it to filter through their bond. "Thank you moi chroi. And I do promise to behave." He was as good as his word and closed his eyes as he nuzzled her head.

Jun-la smiled at Velra as she studied her. She wondered how receptive the girl would be to her methods. The best thing to do was to try. She replied, "Well what children are taught where I am from is that they have to learn to listen. The Force is all around us. We just have to learn to listen. One way is through meditation but eventually you learn what works for you. Do you understand little one?"

Ebon Hawk

Thank you moi chroi. And I do promise to behave."

"You better." She said in a teasing tone as she closed her eyes as well. They would be at the Ackbar soon and then everyone could rest for a while.

"Well what children are taught where I am from is that they have to learn to listen. The Force is all around us. We just have to learn to listen. One way is through meditation but eventually you learn what works for you. Do you understand little one?"

"Yes." Velra said. "I think I do." She paused for a moment as she tried for a moment to block out everything and listen. After a few moments she could feel...something. Something almost like background noise.

"I think...I think I can feel...something."

Ebon Hawk

You better.

Tavaryn was already asleep when Alriana said that but he managed to shift a little bit to pull her in close. His head was propped against hers and he could breathe in the scent that was distinctive to her.

I think...I think I can feel...something.

Jun-la guided the little girl to one of the seats that was in the main hold. She studied her and then asked, "What do you feel?"

Ebon Hawk

Alriana sighed heavily and rolled her eyes. "Sleep well." She muttered as she closed her eyes and began to sleep.

"What do you feel?"

"I...It feels almost like the start of a storm. When it's on it's way. It feels almost like the air is charged and yet it's all around me." Velra said quietly.

Ebon Hawk

Jun-la looked down at the little Cathar. She sensed things were not all right. This war with the Sith... She looked up to sense out her daughter. She could sense the storm Velra was talking about and looked at the child. The girl was gifted. She said, "There is a storm coming little one. It is loud even in my ears. How about you try for something a little quieter? Something smaller? "

Ackbar

Tariq gave his orders for Alpha team to sweep for anything unusual. He stayed on the bridge with Belina and Garja. He said, "Alpha team is sweeping the ship. Should we do anything else?"

Ebon Hawk

"There is a storm coming little one. It is loud even in my ears. How about you try for something a little quieter? Something smaller? "

Velra closed her eyes and took a deep breath and tried to focus on something other than the coming storm. She could feel...something. Something that was hard to put into words.

"I can feel it...all around me. It feels almost like the air around me is surrounding me, enveloping me and flowing through me. I've never felt anything like this before."

Ackbar

"Alpha team is sweeping the ship. Should we do anything else?"

"Keep an eye out for any suspicious behavior." Belina instructed. She looked out the bridge's window at the Death's Head and her eyes widened as a sudden thought shot through her head.

What if this isn't just a mission to spy on us?! What if this is a sabotage mission?!

"Open a channel to the Death's Head! Immediately!"

"Channel open Admiral."

"Admiral Velerc. We may have a saboteur aboard the Ackbar and I believe that whoever it is may have sabotaged your ship as well. You may have an intruder on board."

Velerc's voice came back through the comnlink. "Acknowledged Admiral Belina. We're locking down the ship now. Do you require addition for-..."

The comnlink abruptly closed as the lights aboard both the Ackbar and Death's Head shut down and three massive explosions erupted from the Death's Head. One was from the engines on the back of the vessel and another was from the very front of the ship.

The third erupted from the Death's Head's bridge and a smaller explosion erupted from the battle bridge.

"Dad..." Belina whispered in horror.

"Shut down the engines NOW!" She shouted in case the Ackbar's engines were about to explode so they could minimize the potential damage.

She opened up a ship-wide comnlink. "Attention! All hand's to battle stations! I repeat, all hands to Battle Stations! This is not a drill! All emergency personal to the shuttle-bay and report to the Death's Head. All hands are to report to intruder alert stations! All Non-essential personal are to stay in their quarters."

The Ackbar shuddered slightly as a small explosion shook the ship. "Battle Bridge is offline!"

The Death's Head's bridge... She thought in horror. "Evacuate the Bridge!" She shouted urgently. "Lock down all systems from engineering!"

Valek awoke in the Cargo Hold on the Ebon Hawk, with his weaponry slumped all over the floor. How unprofessional. He got up with a groan, and he felt like crap. What the hell happened? He distinctly remembered facing that one Dark Jedi and then Tyrannus, but nothing much more than that. Shaking the though, he collected the many grenades and shell casing scattered across the floor. Must've passed out when I got on the Hawk or something.

He rubbed his head as he placed the last grenades on his belt. He holstered his weapons and then donned his helmet. His boots made a reverberating metallic echo as he walked through the corridors of the ship. He ran into Xandros.

"Hey Xandros, what happened? I appear to be having a case of amnesia.", Valek asked.

((I'll try not to disappear this time. :lol:))

Ebon Hawk

Jun-la nodded in an approving fashion and replied, "That is the Force. It is an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together. It is in all of us but for some it is barely a whisper. What does it sound like to you?"

Tavaryn was in a deep sleep but it was being dotted by dreams. Something was coming and there was danger. He had always been able to sense when major things came. He started to twitch in his sleep.

Ackbar

Tariq nodded and relayed the orders to the team. He looked towards both admirals just as the bridge doors opened and Matton came on with his daughter clinging to him. He asked, "Have you heard from the Hawk? Are we in danger?"

At that moment Kaillian piped up, "Trouble Belina."

Ebon Hawk

"It feels...It feels like warmth." Velra said simply. "It feels like warmth all around me."

Alriana could feel Tavaryn twitch in his sleep but she was nearly asleep herself. She could sense...chaos...fear...loss of life through the force.

Her eyelids began to twitch as she continued to sense whatever this was through the force.

"Hey Xandros, what happened? I appear to be having a case of amnesia.",

"We're on our way back to the Ackbar as we speak. But something is wrong." he muttered. "I can feel a great disturbance in the force."

Ackbar

"Have you heard from the Hawk? Are we in danger?" At that moment Kaillian piped up, "Trouble Belina."

"We have reports of secondary explosions coming from the crew quarters Admiral!" Garja called out as the Ackbar rocked from another explosion near the engines. Belina's eyes were drawn to one of the screens which was showing power fluctuations on nearly all the bridge consoles and then she looked back to Matton and Kaillian.

"Evacuate!" She shouted urgently as she grabbed the two of them and pushed them back through the bridge doors as the rest of the bridge crew evacuated through the doors closest to them.

Belina heard a loud explosion echo from behind her and she knew instantly what she had to do. It was the duty of the Military to protect and serve and right now she knew exactly who needed her. She threw her body between the incoming shrapnel and debris and Matton and Kaillian.

"Get as far from the bridge as you can." She whispered as she hit the ground with a thud.

Ebon Hawk

Tavaryn was deep in his sleep but what he was sensing was... he ended up shouting, "No!" He ended up falling as his eyes shot wide open. He looked around wildly and his breathing picked up.

Jun-la nodded when her head shot up and she looked around. "Matton... Kaillian. Andros, what is our ETA?"

About ten minutes and I'm going beyond max. I'll get us there.

Jun-la looked at Velra. She rubbed her head gently to indicate that she was going to be okay.

Ackbar

Matt on grabbed Kaillian and hugged her to his body while Belina shielded them both just as the bridge exploded. He was on the ground and he looked at the downed admiral. Tariq had come up and he put his daughter into the trooper's arms and hauled up the admiral saying, "You're coming too. Don't quit on me or I'll never hear the end of it."

"We're on our way back to the Ackbar as we speak. But something is wrong. I can feel a great disturbance in the force."

Valek rubbed the back of his helmet. He felt it too, but not as strongly as the other Force users.

"This isn't right. Something feels wrong, but I don't know what.", he stated. "You don't think something happened to the Ackbar while we were away, do you?"

Ebon Hawk

Alriana's eyes shot open as she heard Tavaryn shout and as she felt the massive disturbance ripple through the force.

"Someone's been hurt." She said without preamble.

"You don't think something happened to the Ackbar while we were away, do you?"

"I think so." Xandros said quietly. "The sith or someone else must have hit them while we were gone."

Ackbar

"You're coming too. Don't quit on me or I'll never hear the end of it."

Belina couldn't respond. There was a large amount of shrapnel in her back and she could barely focus on Tariq's voice through the pain she was feeling as her blood stained the floor red.

She was facing one of the bridge windows and could see the Death's Head listing heavily to starboard as rescue shuttles from the Ackbar headed towards the large Star Destroyer.

"Get...Dad." She managed to gasp through the pain as an officer ran past and saw Belina and shook his head. "Admiral! We've managed to reroute command functions to Engineering. Short-range Senors have picked up three Sith Warships entering firing range. They'll be here in three minutes."

"Get Shields back online." Belina gasped again as she tried to fight against the pain. "Send out a distress call on all frequencies."

"Yes Admiral!"

The officer ran to a console and began transmitting. "This is the Resistance Vessel Ackbar to anyone out there. Our ship has been crippled by explosions and we are about to come under attack by Sith Forces! We require immediate assistance. I repeat, This is the Ackbar requesting assistance from anyone out there."

Ebon Hawk

Someone's been hurt.

Tavaryn barely heard Alriana since he was looking wildly around the medical bay. He was focusing on what he was sensing and said, "Belina..." He frowned as he sensed her injuries but he was also picking up on Kaillian's fear. "It's bad... Sith forces..." He was frowning since it like getting a headache. He rubbed his head feeling frustrated.

In the main hold Jun-la looked around. She knew that things were precarious. She called out, "Andros, send the emergency signal. With luck a few friends will answer."

Thought Jedi didn't believe in luck. But on it master.

Jun-la nodded and looked at Velra, "Are you okay little one?"

Ackbar

Matton pulled up the admiral and with Tariq's help managed to drag her to the medical bay. He said, "Come on Belina. I thought you were the toughest one there is."

Kaillian was still as if she knew that by holding still she wouldn't get into trouble as Tariq was holding her. She reached out and gently poked Belina's shoulder. "Beli okay?"

The Lancer

"Receiving a transmission from the Ackbar, sir."

Selene Ordo gave the order to hear it. She recognized it. She ordered, "Send reply that Clan Ordo is on its way. Also relay to any other clans that our allies need our help. Call the Avalonians too. Can't start a party without them."

"On it."

Ebon Hawk

"It's bad... Sith forces..."

Alriana's eyes narrowed for a moment. "They picked the worst possible time to hit the fleet." She said quietly.

"Are you okay little one?"

Velra nodded. "I...can sense someone's pain. So many people are hurt." She said quietly.

Ackbar

"Come on Belina. I thought you were the toughest one there is."

Belina muttered something under her breath about Matton as she was laid down on one of the med-bay beds on her stomach and the Chief medical officer ran over. "We have medical teams all over the ship. So far, seventeen confirmed dead aboard the Ackbar and at least thirty two dead on the Death's Head.

"Beli okay?"

Belina didn't move her head. "Beli's okay." She managed to whisper. "Someone get Garja. We have sith forces moving in on us and we don't have a functional command bridge anymore. Last I heard our engines are out as well."

The Ackbar shook violently as Turbolaser blasts began to rock the ship. "Tell Garja to prepare all non-essential personal for evacuation."

Another officer ran into the medbay. "We have an incoming transmission. Clan Ordo says they're on their way."

"Reinforce the shields. We need to hold out until they get here."

The three sith ships began to circle the two wounded command ships. Two of them began firing at the Death's Head while the other one began launching torpedoes along with turbolasers at the Ackbar.

Ebon Hawk

They picked the worst possible time to hit the fleet.

Tavaryn could agree but his head was hurting worse. There were lots of voices and while he was good at blocking them out, he wasn't adept enough in the Force to calm it. What little he had was painfully inadequate. The last time he felt this way was when Alderaan was destroyed. He leaned against the wall and rubbed his temples trying to focus. Too many voices, he ended up projecting.

Andros was ready to go and had the Hawk's quad lasers up and ready. They exited hyperspace and he came across three ships firing on the Death's Head and the Ackbar. He keyed in, "Ackbar this is the Ebon Hawk. We've arrived and engaging the enemy." He then keyed to the main hold, "Everyone strap yourselves in. We've got a big party going on."

I...can sense someone's pain. So many people are hurt.

Jun-la nodded as she placed the child into one of the seats. She replied, "With the Force, anything is possible. You can sense the future, the past, emotions..." She sensed her uncle's agitation. She looked in his direction with concern on her face.

Ackbar

Beli's okay.

Kaillian was somewhat satisfied with it as her father took her back from Tariq. She then said, "Needs to tease Tavy. Beli good fwiend."

Matton held his daughter and said, "I guess non-essentials include us. I'll get her there and Belina, I suggest you hang in there. It's not pretty dealing with a grieving Avalonian." He looked at Tariq as he checked his datapad to see where he was to take Kaillian.

The Lancer

"We are coming up on the coordinates, sir."

Selene looked out the window of the bridge or cockpit... whatever the hell it was. She watched as the familiar strobes of hyperspace receded and they came upon the two command ships of the resistance being fired upon. She saw the stock freighter known as the Ebon Hawk zooming around. She guessed that young apprentice of Jun-la's was flying since Jun-la and her uncle were more like his father; his father didn't mind flying but anything like that was suicide.

She looked at the oncoming battle and a smile came to her lips. More Mandalorian vessels were coming and they had some leverage. She said, "Commence attack. Draw the fire away from the command ships and give them hell. For Mandalore!"

The pilot nodded and began to maneuver while the comms officer said, "This is the Lancer. We are engaging the enemy."

Ebon Hawk

Too many voices

Alriana turned to look at him and as she sensed his discomfort. "Hold still." She said gently as she placed a hand on each side of his head and focused on trying to block or at least calm the voices as best she could.

"With the Force, anything is possible. You can sense the future, the past, emotions..."

Velra nodded as she was strapped into her seat but she also looked over towards the medbay as she sensed Tavaryn's distress.

Ackbar

"Ackbar this is the Ebon Hawk. We've arrived and engaging the enemy."

Garja ran from console to console in Engineering as they continued trying to set up a functional command post. Some of the work was done but there was still quite a bit to be done and the Ackbar's frequent shaking from the turbolaser blasts and proton torpedo impacts wasn't helping.

"Admiral! We need to shut down the main reactor! We may have a breach on our hands soon with the damage we've taken."

"Contact the Mandalorian ships." Garja instructed. "Let them know we're shutting down Main power and our reactor to prevent a breach."

"We've got power surges all through the ship! Our main systems are beginning to overload."

"Emergency shutdown NOW!" Garja shouted as another officer called out. "Two more Sith ships dropping out of hyperspace."

Garja was about to open the ship wide intercom to order an evacuation as the two other sith ships surrounded the Ackbar one on each side and began to fire turbolasers into the sides of the wounded vessel.

"More incoming ships! They're not Sith though, I can't get a sensor lock on them."

The ship wide intercom on both the Death's Head and the Ackbar were filled with static for a moment as the system was hacked by one of the ships.

"Copaani gaan?"

Garja was confused for a moment as he tried to identify the word. "Translate that." He ordered. One of the other officers smiled. "It's Mandalorian for 'Need a hand?'

Garja grinned.

Mandalorian Warship kom'rk

Commander Rikis of the Fourth Mandalorian Battle-fleet looked over the reports from the battle computer. "Tell the adenn, dralshy'a and kandosii to protect the Ackbar. Get rid of the ships attacking it.

"Identify the ships already here."

"They bear the insignia of Clan Ordo. Sir. What about the Sith Vessel attacking the Death's Head?"

"Looks like a Sith Battleship. More heavily armed than the other vessels. Bring us about and fire turbolasers and torpedoes. Let's get their attention."

• 5 months later...

Ebon Hawk

Tavaryn felt Alriana's hands press against his head. He flinched mostly from the voices when she touched him. All he was hearing in his head were the voices of pain, death and suffering. He felt her touch though and it was soothing. She was trying to help him. You shouldn't moi chroi. The babies...

Tavaryn hated feeling like he was feeling. He felt vulnerable and one of the few times he bore resentment against his mother. He understood why she didn't teach him but it didn't mean that he had to like it. Out loud he said, "Belina... still alive but... many more are dead... dying... I can hear them."

Jun-la went back to the cockpit after making sure Velra was secure. The child was first priority for Alriana and her own motherly instincts were on the rise to protect the child since she couldn't protect her own at the moment. At least Matton was taking care of their daughter and she knew he would lay down his life for Kaillian. At the moment she was concerned for her uncle who was in terrible pain from what he was feeling through the Force and she had a battle to fight.

Once in the cockpit she looked at Andros and asked, "How are we on systems?"

Andros wasted no time in relaying the information. He sensed distress too but there was nothing he could do about it now. "Everything still in the green. We just got re-enforcements from the Mandalorians and we have a few Avalonians on the way. The Lancer is here."

"Selene would love to get in on this fight."

"The Ackbar has to shut down. I'm detecting multiple hull fluctuations and multiple places of possible breaches."

Jun-la studied the scene before her. They had to get the Ackbar out of there but she was wounded and wouldn't even make a jump into hyperspace. Not in the condition she was in now. The best thing... She looked and saw something that had her grin. She hit the comm, "Attention Ackbar and Death Head, this is the Ebon Hawk. We have a plan to buy the Ackbar time and we're gonna need Clan Ordo to do it."

Good. I was hankering for a fight.

Jun-la chuckled. She then gave some instructions in Mandalorian and received the confirmation. She then connected to Garja, "Garja, you think you got enough thruster power while the Hawk does some towing?"

Ackbar

Matton was relieved to hear that his wife was all right. He heard the tone in her voice and realized that she had a plan in the works. He knew enough Mandalorian and Avalonian to know that this plan was something that would probably save the Ackbar and allow the Death's Head to focus on the enemy Sith ship. He looked at Garja, "You should listen to her. I think she had something in mind and judging from Selene's response... it's gonna more likely work in our favor."

a/n: Sorry for the delay. Been busy and nothing had come to me.

Archived