Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part IX: The Eleventh Hour

Ackbar

I am guessing that if the situation is dire, I would be sent out. Alpha Team is considered the best in you know what. No rest for the weary right?

Rest assured, If your going out there then I am as well. If she does try to restrict me from going due to the pregnancy I want to help me convince her otherwise. Alriana send back. She was determined to go out on this mission.

In the meantime...we should probably start thinking up names for the baby. She sent in a joking tine that had just a hint of seriousness. Maybe we could start discussing it after the meeting?

Sith Frigate

unknown location

The cathar that had once been known to the jedi as Varith but was now known as Darth Corial to the sith silently meditated behind the vast viewports that kept him from dying in the cold vaccum of space.

A slight disturbance in the force was the only warning he had that he was not alone. He instantly jumped to his feet and ignited his lightsaber and turned to face his opponet. When he saw who had caused the disturbance his eyes widened in shock.

Varith...what have you done? Asked the blue ghostly figure of his long dead wife Jirla in a voice that was filled with tears.

"Jirla..." He whispered in shock.

You were once a jedi...and one of the bravest men I ever met...but now...you have turned your back on the jedi and became what you were sworn to defend the galaxy against. What happened to you? What have you become?

"The jedi called me back to their temple when I could have saved the people of our homeworld from those pirates! They took me away and you ended up dying because of them!"

No Varith...you must understand. I brought my death on myself. It was the only way to protect our child. If they thought me the only one...then they wouldn't kill our child.

"Child...you mean...We...have a child."

Yes...my time is growing short. I beg you Varith, return to the jedi...and find our child. She is somewhere on Cathar and is in need of her father. if you love me Varith...if there is still good in your heart you will save her!

Varith slowly sank to his knees. "I will...I swear to you I will find out child...but the jedi...I don't know yet."

For me Varith...Please...Find her.

Varith turned to the bridge crew who had seen the exchange between the Sith apprentice and the force ghost. "Set course for Cathar. Engage lightspeed as soon as we are able to."

"But sir...We have been ordered to remain here until Lord Pestilus orders us to go to the Dagobah system."

Varith smiled a very dark smile at the officer and was tempted to choke the man for his question but he thought better of it.

"I am in command of this ship. You will follow my orders. If my Master has a problem with these orders then he can take them up with me."

"Yes sir." The officer said quietly as he entered the coordinates while quietly sending an encoded transmission to Lord Pestilus informing him of the Cathar's orders.

The ship quickly entered lightspeed after the coordinates were entered for Cathar.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ackbar

Rest assured, If your going out there then I am as well. If she does try to restrict me from going due to the pregnancy I want to help me convince her otherwise.

Tavaryn raised a brow at Alriana. He knew she had a mind of her own and nothing he would say would convince her to do otherwise once it was made up. However knowing that she was pregnant, he wondered about the effects it would bring. They both had high risk jobs that carried the possibility of death. It was something that would have to be discussed eventually. He replied, I doubt I could change the Admiral's mind. I cause too much trouble for her already.

In the meantime...we should probably start thinking up names for the baby. She sent in a joking tine that had just a hint of seriousness. Maybe we could start discussing it after the meeting?

He listened to her conversation and added, We don't even know what 'it' is yet. It's like when Murasaki was picking out names for her first stallion colt and it wasn't even born yet.

He waited while the admiral was waiting for everyone to be present. She appeared to be much calmer now and he voiced, "Press onward is the motto, right Admiral?"

"Well, now that your aboard the Ackbar you might be assigned to Alpha Team. They're the top squad aboard the Ackbar right now. If you want, I can ask the Admiral if there's an opening on the team."

"No. I'm not too eager to join a squad right after mine has been fragmented. Give me a few days."

Valek stood up, and tried to walk towards a water dispenser. During conversation, Valek seemingly forgot that his numb leg was broken. Just as he started walking, he collapsed on the ground. His teeth clenched, and attempted to prevent himself from screaming, especially in front of this man. After a few tense seconds, the pain finally escaped his lips. "Auuuughh!" It wasn't really a scream, more like the phrase that one would mutter when they are in pain. Valek did not want to seem weak in front of this man, and simply said:

"Get a Jedi."

Ackbar

Meeting Room three

Garja noticed the moment that he arrived was that Kavrik was there first. And for reasons unknown to him he had taken a chair that was facing the door. Garja simply shrugged it off. The Ackbar was on hight alert at the moment and he doubted anyone could sneak aboard now.

It was possible that he could be wrong about that but he doubted that he was wrong.

"Kavrik." He said as a greeting. "Admiral Belina and the others will be arriving shortly. I hope that you found everything that you needed. If not we can always see if another ship has the parts you require."

Ackbar

I doubt I could change the Admiral's mind. I cause too much trouble for her already.

Alriana looked over at him and shook her head slightly. "I wouldn't say that you cause that much trouble. She would probably listen to you."

Alriana reached the turbolift and looked behind her and saw Admiral Belina coming up behind them. She apparently hadn't heard the conversation.

"Is everyone ready to get going?" Belina asked. "I have a feeling that Kavrik is already waiting for us and possibly Garja as well."

Ackbar Medbay

"No. I'm not too eager to join a squad right after mine has been fragmented. Give me a few days."

"Alright...but rest assured, Alpha team is always looking for new recruits. If you change your mind let me know."

Xeran watched as valek went down and instantly grabbed him and hoisted him up and made sure that Valek's arm was around his neck.

"Get a Jedi."

"Easy there pal." Xeran said as he helped the man sit down on the bed he had been on a moment ago. "I'll put a request to see if we can get a jedi down there as soon as possible."

Xeran opened up a comnlink to the bridge.

"This is Xeran with the third ground company battalion. I could use a jedi to come down here and give me a hand with something."

The response was immediate. "This is science officer Koral. I'll see what we can do. Please stand by."

Ackbar Bridge

Koral opened up a comnlink to the last known deck that Komad had been on and hoped that he was still there. "Jedi Komad. If you are able to, please report to the Medbay as soon as possible. I repeat: Jedi Komad, if you are able to please report to the medbay as soon as possible."

Akbar - Meeting Room Three

"Kavrik." He said as a greeting. "Admiral Belina and the others will be arriving shortly. I hope that you found everything that you needed. If not we can always see if another ship has the parts you require."

Kavrik rose as Garja entered. When the man was finished speaking, Kavrik smiled. "I found a few things that'll be useful to getting Lys back up and running," he said. "Thank you." He paused for a moment, thoughtful. "She still requires a few things though. I might check with your other ships as well."

Ackbar, Medbay

"I'm on my way." Komad replied, quickly leaving his quarters and heading to the medbay.

Upon arriving, he was shocked to see who the patient was. "Valek?" He asked, before turning to Xeran, "Before I start, I need to know exactly what's wrong with him."

Ackbar, Meeting Room Three

Garja was soon followed by Kol Skywalker himself, having arrived on board the Ackbar with no announcement or fanfare.

"I've been looking forward to finally meeting you in person, Kavrik. I'm Kol Skywalker, Grand Master of the Jedi Order." He said, holding his hand.

Council Chambers, Sith Palace, Coruscant

"I told you Corial couldn't be relied upon." Darth Noctis pointed out to Pestilus upon learning of Corial's intent to go to Cathar rather than Dagobah. "With Sykal dead, we can't afford just dissent in our ranks, especially not from your own apprentice."

"If he is captured by the Jedi, or if he goes to them willingly, he would most likely reveal the Project to them." Darth Lethe added.

Pondering this, Darth Pestilus opened a channel to Darth Vokun about the Kraken. "Lord Vokun, before you go to Dagobah, I'll need to you retrieve Lord Corial from Cathar. If he refuses to cooperate, kill him."

"As you command, my Lord." Vokun replied.

"I've been looking forward to finally meeting you in person, Kavrik. I'm Kol Skywalker, Grand Master of the Jedi Order."

Rising to his feet and grasping Skywalker's hand firmly, Kavrik laughed. "Well there's a surprise," he said. "I've been rambling about the galaxy for barely five years and the Jedi Grand Master has not only heard of me, but also has been wishing to meet me?" He grinned mischievously and added, "I fear celebrity might go to my head, Grand Master Skywalker, so let's just say this pleasure is all mine."

Ackbar Meeting Room 3

"She still requires a few things though. I might check with your other ships as well."

"Just let our quartermaster know what you need to repair her and I'll make sure that you get it."

Garja then looked up in suprise as the current Grand Master of the Jedi walked in. He hadn't heard any news of him arriving. Still, if the Grand Master was here it must be important.

"Grand Master Skywalker, I didn't know that you were coming to this meeting...in fact I didn't know you were aboard the Ackbar. Is there something we can help you with sir?"

Hyperspace

Arriving at Cathar

Even as the frigate dropped out of hyperspace Corial was scanning through the force for a mind that was identical to his own...not exactly like his own but still somewhat like his.

He knew that he had a limited amount of time to find his daughter before he was forced to return to the sith. But even as he scanned the words of his wife continued to ring through his head.

I beg you Varith...Return to the jedi! Save our child!

Varith's eyes were closed in concentration as he reached through the force and after a few minutes of searching...he found a mind was was similiar to his...A mind that reminded him of his beloved his wife.

A mind that sensed his touch and reached back. Varith pulled back in shock. His daughter was force-sensative! This was unexpected and it added a new set of variables into his plan.

The jedi...they would take care of her...train her and protect her. But the sith...they could teach ther to harness her power and use it for the glory for the sith. Varith sighed quietly. If he brought her to the sith...it was possible she would be killed by the other students if they saw her as competition.

Varith thought back to his days with the jedi. To the joy he had felt when he had created his first lightsaber. To the sorrow he had felt when his Master had been killed. And to the joy he had felt when he had encountered his future wife.

And the rage filled slaughter that had followed when he had found her dead.

Is it possible that they would take me back? No...I am too far gone but my daughter...she still has a chance to have a better life.

Varith turned to the first officer. "Prepare a shuttle. I am going down to the surface and will be returning shortly."

Varith turned and headed for the lift.

Ackbar Medbay

"Before I start, I need to know exactly what's wrong with him."

"Oh the regualr stuff." Xeran said with a smile. "Busted leg and I suspect that he has some stuff he hasn't told me about yet."

"Word travels quickly among the Jedi, and your unique nature with regard to the Force makes you rather interesting to us." Kol said to Kavrik before turning to Garja. "The nature and importance of this mission warrants my personal attention. I will be going with the team to Dagobah myself."

Ackbar, Medbay

"I ask because using the Force to heal wounds is extremely exhausting, but less so if I can focus on specific injuries." Komad explained. "I'll start with the leg though."

Ackbar, Kalla and Tonatius's Quarter's

"Just content?" Kalla asked. "In fairness, even with the morning sickness and everything else, it does seem far off to me too. Though I still can't believe I actually puked in the corridor of a Naboo prison."

Ackbar Lift to Meeting

"Is everyone ready to get going?" Belina asked. "I have a feeling that Kavrik is already waiting for us and possibly Garja as well."

Tavaryn gave a slight nod. "Yes ma'am." He pushed the button for the level. "Admiral is there anything to be expected from this meeting?"

Kalla and Tonatius Quarters

"In fairness, even with the morning sickness and everything else, it does seem far off to me too. Though I still can't believe I actually puked in the corridor of a Naboo prison."

Tonatius gave a thoughtful look at Kalla and then he teased, "I am content since I know you would have bullied me into agreeing with you. However if you wish to discuss it some more, we do have time."

"The nature and importance of this mission warrants my personal attention. I will be going with the team to Dagobah myself."

"As you wish sir. Will you be bringing any additional jedi with you to Dagobah?"

Garja asked.

Lift

"Admiral is there anything to be expected from this meeting?"

"I wouldn't really expect any suprises from this meeting." Belina said that they arrived on the meeting deck. "It's supposed to be a meeting about the upcoming mission to Dagobah so we're going to be talking about what units are going to be deployed, possible resistance that we may run into and things like that."

Belia walked to the door and opened it and was suprised to see Kol Skywalker, the current Grand Master of the Order standing in the room. "Grand Master Skywalker...this is an unexpected pleasure. I take it that your coming along on this mission with us?"

She then turned to Kavrik who was sitting with his back to the wall. "Kavrik. I'm glad to see that you could join us." She said with a smile as she took a seat on the side of the table. "Before we begin this meeting I think we should introduce you to my Chief of Security and the leader of Alpha Team."

Belina motioned to Alriana to step forward. "This is Jedi Alriana, my chief of security aboard the Ackbar. "If you have any security concerns and I'm not available feel free to bring them to her attention."

Alriana couldn't sense Kavrik in the force which was making her a bit uneasy but she pushed that uneasiness aside and smiled at Kavrik.

Cathar

Varith slowly walked through the hallways of the building. He had put his lightsaber away shortly after entering the building as it had frightend the owner. He didn't understand why he even cared what they thought. He was sith, and sith didn't care what the common people thought of them. But still...when he finally found his daughter he didn't want to scare her. He was a bit worried that since his daughter was force-sensative she would be able to detect what he was.

He quietly opened the door that the force signature that so strongly resembled his own and looked down once it was open.

A small cathar girl was looking back up at him. A cathar woman was holding her tightly around the stomach and was glaring at him. "We know what you are sith. She snarled. "If you think you are taking Velra with you then you are mistaken!"

"I have no wish to fight." Varith said as he spread his hands to show that he was unarmed. "I am simply here to take my daughter away from this place."

The Cathar shook her head. "Jirla said that others would come. That people would try to take advantage of her gifts and use her. Before she died she told me that only one could be trusted. That only her father could be trusted. He is a jedi and you are no jedi. I can smell the blood on you!"

"I was once a jedi..." Varith said quietly. "It is too late for me to return to the path of the lightside...but for my daughter it is not too late for her. I want her to have a better life. A better life then both you and I can provide for her.

The Cathar girl broke away from the woman and ran towards him. Varith looked at the woman and a slight smile appeared on his face. "Come with me little one...and I promise I will give you a better life."

"No! Stay away from him Velra! He is dangerous!"

Velra looked up at him and Varith could sense the child searching him over with the force...trying to see if he was telling the truth.

For the first time in a long time...he was.

The young Cathar smiled and grabbed his hand and Varith began to lead her away as the older Cathar woman began to sob. Velra turned and looked back at the woman and smiled.

"It'll be okay."

And with those parting words from Velra, Varith led his girl down the hallway and out of the building and towards his shuttle.

"It's supposed to be a meeting about the upcoming mission to Dagobah so we're going to be talking about what units are going to be deployed, possible resistance that we may run into and things like that."

Tavaryn listened. He replied, "Resistance is as only as good as the measures the enemy has taken. Have scouts reported capabilities?"

It probably was not his place to be the annoyance that he could be at times but then again it probably was why Belina appointed him as Alpha leader. He followed her occasionally fingering the sleeve of Alriana's robe. He stopped though when he stood in Kol Skywalker's presence. He gave a respectful bow, "Master Skywalker."

He could sense Alriana's uneasiness and asked through the Force, Something troubles you moi chroi?"

Valek felt himself at ease once he saw a Jedi walk through the door. Of all the people, it was Komad. He hadn't seen Komad in a LONG time, the last time was probably the day of his exile, if memory serves him correct.

"Komad? It's been a while hasn't it?", Valek said with a grin.

"Oh, the regular stuff. Busted leg and I suspect that he has some stuff he hasn't told me about yet."

"Just worry about the leg. My bruises and scars require no healing."

Ackbar, Meeting Room 3

"The pleasure is all mine, admiral." Kol replied, his tone suggesting something outside their working relationship. "Now, after our activity on Tatooine and Naboo, the Sith will be expecting us to investigate Dagobah. We know that whatever they're doing, they've been keeping it secret from even their own Troopers, so this is likely the only way we're going to find out what they're up to."

Ackbar, Medbay

Concentrating, Komad focused the restorative energy on Valek's broken leg, gradually restoring its functionality. "That should do it. It's healed, but I still wouldn't overexert myself if I were you."

Cathar

"My Lord, we've received a message from Lord Vokun demanding you go accompany him to Dagobah at once. What are your orders?" One of the officers aboard Varith's ship sent down, failing to mention that Vokun was ordered to kill him if he didn't cooperate.

"That should do it. It's healed, but I still wouldn't overexert myself if I were you."

"I don't plan on doing so."

Valek stood up and moved his leg around, and paced around the medbay, relived to be able to walk again.

"So, I'd like to meet the leader of Alpha Team. And if I'm not mistaken, Belina serves on the ship also?"

He walked towards his set of armor and put it on. Even though it's damaged, it's still fairly wearable.

"Gotta dress for the part," Valek said with a smirk, "Lead the way."

Ackbar Meeting Room

"Resistance is as only as good as the measures the enemy has taken. Have scouts reported capabilities?"

"Not that I know of yet." Belina said with a shrug. "But I was planning on deploying probe droids from outside the system once we got under way instead of putting some of our scouts at risk. I'm open to hearing other suggestions though."

"The pleasure is all mine, admiral. Now, after our activity on Tatooine and Naboo, the Sith will be expecting us to investigate Dagobah. We know that whatever they're doing, they've been keeping it secret from even their own Troopers, so this is likely the only way we're going to find out what they're up to."

"If they are expecting us we're most likely going to be running into heavy resistance. I'd say that due to Dagobah's terrain we're not going to be running into heavy vehicles, but rather infantry and possibly light air support such as small fighters. I'm not going to lie though...they may have a few suprises waiting for us."

Something troubles you moi chroi?"

Well...yes. Try and sense Kavrik in the force...it's almost like he's not there. At all.

Medbay

"Lead the way."

They are in a meeting right now, but I think they would make an exception for us if Komad were to join us when we barged in. And yeah, Belina is actually commanding the ship."

Xeran grinned as he motioned them to the lift.

Cathar

En route to Sith Frigate

"My Lord, we've received a message from Lord Vokun demanding you go accompany him to Dagobah at once. What are your orders?"

Varith sighed as he quickly began to think of ways to get both he and his daughter out of this situation alive. A sudden idea came to mind.

"I will be docking shortly. After I am aboard this shuttle is to be allowed to continue on it's way. I managed to gain an ally in the battle against the Resistance. If all goes according to plan we should have an inside source within the resistance."

Varith looked down at his daughter and smiled as he reached out and ruffled her hair. "I'm sorry...but you need to leave if you want to survive. Some...friends of mine will pick you up once they hear my message."

Varith began to reprogram the auto-pilot to take the shuttle to the last known location of an abandoned resistance outpost. Velra should have at least a month's worth of supplies to keep her fed. He regretted that it had come to this, but he had no other choice.

He silently reached out through the force and touched the minds of the two that he had fought the first time he had managed to board the Ackbar. Before he had joined the sith.

If you wish to save an innocent life...go to the abandoned base in the Kivoran system and make haste. The sith do not value the lives of the innocent as the jedi do.

He prayed that the message had been recieved by the two he had fought. It was his daughter's only chance to survive.

The shuttle docked with the frigate and Varith walked through the air lock as soon as it was safe for him to go through. He didn't want to land the shuttle in the hanger bay in case someone checked the shuttle over before it left.

Goodbye...Velra. He thought quietly as a small tear appeared in his left eye as the shuttle undocked, drifted for a moment and then took off into Hyperspace.

He opened a channel to the bridge. "Set course for Dagobah at maximum speed and engage the hyperdrive when ready."

"If they are expecting us we're most likely going to be running into heavy resistance. I'd say that due to Dagobah's terrain we're not going to be running into heavy vehicles, but rather infantry and possibly light air support such as small fighters. I'm not going to lie though...they may have a few suprises waiting for us."

Tavaryn gave a slight nod of acknowledgment. Dagobah was one of those worlds that was tricky in any situation. There were some options to consider. He replied, "What about ground forces? Could it be possible to use drop pods or drop ships and move in ground forces? Drop ships are more flexible in terms of mobility. The downside is that they are not heavily armored."

Well...yes. Try and sense Kavrik in the force...it's almost like he's not there. At all.

Tavaryn left off for the admiral's consider his suggestion while he pondered Alriana's request. He could reach out and use the Force, he just didn't do it that often. He tried and he saw that she was right. Thing was he had felt that feeling before and mother once did it. He sent back, I am familiar with the sensation. A few family tricks. My brother would know.

"While mobility is an issue, the environment will certainly help us in getting in undetected. I agree with Tavaryn; a couple of camouflaged ATT's should be enough to get the team in undetected." Kol commented.

At that point, Komad arrived in the meeting room, along with Valek and Xeran. "Sorry I'm late. I was needed in the medbay." He explained. He then asked, "How close to Yoda's Hut can we land? Based on what Iyav and I found on Tatooine, what we're looking for would most likely be in the nearby cave."

Valek walked into the room, with his helmet in his right hand. He had the face of a battle-hardened commando, and tried to easily show that he was more than a standard commando. He did so by his movement, his facial scars, the scoring and broken areas of his armor, and the helmet. Valek looked like he was thrown into a pit full of kath hounds and tuk'ata, and then swiftly dragged out minutes later. He held his helmet, placed it onto the table, and then sat into one of the seats near Belina.

"First things first. Eldravin was a failure, as I'm sure you already know. Just to remind you of what we're going against. Not even I, nor Gamma Squad, were able to stop them from gaining this 'artifact'."

Valek paused, glared at Kavrik, then back at Belina.

"But still, it's long time no see. It's good to see you again. You're probably one of the few members of Resistance brass that I haven't been in contact with for a while."

Valek again glared at Kavrik, and suddenly felt a wave of uneasiness slam into his stomach. He quickly shrugged it off, and looked at Komad.

"So, who's the leader of Alpha Squad?"

Tavaryn nodded and added, "Master Skywalker, perhaps we can get several teams in on different points and they rendezvous at a particular point. This could allow for coverage. The only thing would be cross fire issues if they advance in a circle or something."

He had been sensing Kavrik who was an anomaly. Perhaps another time he could strike up a conversation. It would certainly allow for more exchange of information.

"So, who's the leader of Alpha Squad?"

Tavaryn viewed the newcomer with a wary eye. He usually was that way with people he had yet to meet or haven't met before. His presence there though meant that Belina authorized this to a degree. He glanced at Alriana and brushed her fingers with his. "That would be me."

Ackbar Meeting Room

Belina turned to look at Xeran and then at Valek and than snapped her fingers as she remembered Valek. "Oh yes...I remember you now. I also heard about what happened to Gamma Squad. I'm sorry to hear about them...they were a good group of solders."

She then turned to look at Xeran sighed. "And I suppose that you want to be included in the mission as well. I know for a fact that you never back down from a fight."

Xeran smiled and nodded.

Belina sighed again and turned to Grand Master Skywalker. "Well Master Skywalker, I think that we already know what units we're going to deploy, do you have any elite jedi units that you might want to deploy?"

Alriana felt Tavaryn's fingers brush up against hers and she was about to say something when a sudden voice went through her head. It sounded familiar but she couldn't place it but she knew she had heard it before.

If you wish to save an innocent life...go to the abandoned base in the Kivoran system and make haste. The sith do not value the lives of the innocent as the jedi do.

She couldn't help but let a out a sharp breath as the message went through her head. She shook her head and tried to clear her head but she couldn't get the message out of her head.

Did you hear that as well? She asked Tavaryn through their link. A message...I recieved a message though the force.

Ackbar Corridors

Xeran paused for a moment as a sudden message went through his head. He had no idea who was sending it or who it was even intended for him but he quickly opened up a comnline to Fen'harel.

"Sir...I have just recieved some sort of message through the force. I believe that someone may be in trouble."

Ackbar; Meeting Room Three

Once Belina introduced Alriana, Kavrik nodded a greeting to her. Then, he watched with faint amusement as she tried to hide her discomfort upon realizing she couldn't sense him. He tracked her subtle body language and caught a hint that led him to glance over to Tavaryn. As the other man glanced in his direction, Kavrik stared back, shooting him a knowing grin. From being around other Force sensitives, Kavrik knew how strange he must seem. It was something he'd long since learned to use to his advantage. Once the entertainment of watching their discomfort wore off a little, he'd do his part to set them at ease around him. For now, it was time to focus on the mission.

He listened in silence as the mission was laid out, withholding his questions for the end, just in case some of them were answered by the rest of the briefing. When another newcomer arrived, seemed to know Belina, and reported of a failed mission, Kavrik's interest was drawn. He finished off his hyper-caf in one final gulp, cleared his throat, and looked curiously at Belina.

"For those of us new to the scene," he said, "what's this artifact your soldier man was referring to?" He smirked faintly. "Or is that 'need-to-know'? In which case, how do I give myself that need to know?"

"I don't know, but the mission to Dagobah certainly doesn't involve one." Komad commented. "We're going there to figure out what exactly the Sith are up to, and if possible, stop them."

"The Jedi I had in mind were Master Kaltas and his son, and I trust Tavaryn will be coming as well." Kol explained. "Our numbers are stretched too thin as it is, and the rest of the Order is either occupied or unprepared for this."

"Oh yes...I remember you now. I also heard about what happened to Gamma Squad. I'm sorry to hear about them...they were a good group of solders."

Valek smiled. "I'm glad to see that you haven't forgotten me or the deceased. And since I'm here, I guess I'll throw myself into the fire with you guys."

"That would be me."

Valek turned in the direction of Alpha leader, and studied him. Aside from a wary eye and a cautious glare, this man had the look of a Jedi, yet, soldier? Perhaps he was exiled from the Order also? Valek couldn't tell, so he simply replied to the statement.

"Hmm, you have the look of a leader, strange how I couldn't pick you out from the others. It seems so obvious, if I was still connected to the Force, I would've probably been able to pick you out."

Valek had no qualms about revealing himself as a former Jedi. Perhaps this could make them more at ease? Or will it lead them to distrust? He was simultaneously thinking and talking, so he paused for a second to recollect his mind.

I lost good friends on Eldravin, they were like family. They weren't just a 'good group of soldiers', they were family, some of the closest friends I've had in my entire life. All those men in my squad had a different past, different story. Each had different personalities, and each were sown together. We were like a family - brothers forged in battle. But now they're gone. Pretty strange, how you never miss something, until it's gone.

He started reminiscing on the memories he had with his brothers, the worlds they saved, the Sith they killed. All leading up to the grand finale at Eldravin. Sole survivor, Valek was. One, out of an entire squad.

"To the point, I'd like to join your squad, as I've heard you're taking new recruits. However, I have my own reservations of joining a squad - despite it being the best of the best - so soon after the loss of my own."

"The Jedi I had in mind were Master Kaltas and his son, and I trust Tavaryn will be coming as well."

"And me.", muttered Valek under his breath. Was he still considered a Jedi, despite being exiled? Valek had no idea, and even though he has a new lightsaber, he rarely ever used it. Maybe it's time to change that.

Did you hear that as well? She asked Tavaryn through their link. A message...I recieved a message though the force.

Tavaryn listened and he felt faint stirrings. He replied, Just the part about saving an innocent. What did it say exactly?

Then Tavaryn turned to address the one who was asking for the leader of his team. After giving his response, he was surprised that the same assumption everyone else seemed to make came out of his mouth. Then again it was his own fault that he carried his father's lightsaber.

"Hmm, you have the look of a leader, strange how I couldn't pick you out from the others. It seems so obvious, if I was still connected to the Force, I would've probably been able to pick you out."

"That's because I am no Jedi," Tavaryn replied with a firm stance. "I just happen to spend a lot of time around Jedi and Force Sensitives." He would rather have this guy ask him straight out what he was or try to draw it out by questions. Meanwhile, he focused on the meeting. If he was being called into duty again, he was going to have to get all the specifics. He listened while Master Skywalker gave his plan and input.

"The Jedi I had in mind were Master Kaltas and his son, and I trust Tavaryn will be coming as well."

Tavaryn interjected, "Master Jedi we still have our Avalonian allies both Jedi and soldiers alike. They are still sore about the Sith managing to invade their space and would like any opportunity to help deal a blow. Plus they have some equipment that would be harder to obtain from other sources."

Tavaryn looked around the room. He looked at Belina and said, "That is why I was named the Sentinel. To reiterate this to the resistance."

Archived