Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part IX: The Eleventh Hour

Ackbar Meeting Room

Just the part about saving an innocent. What did it say exactly?

It said that if we wished to save an innocent life, we should go to the abandoned resistance base in the Kivoran system and we should leave quickly. I think that we're needed there urgently.

"That is why I was named the Sentinel. To reiterate this to the resistance."

"I agree with Tavaryn." Belina said. "We could use all the help we could get."

"The Jedi I had in mind were Master Kaltas and his son, and I trust Tavaryn will be coming as well."

Alriana spoke up. "I would like to come along on this mission as well. I've had previous experience in fighing sith and I feel I could be useful."

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Master Jedi we still have our Avalonian allies both Jedi and soldiers alike. They are still sore about the Sith managing to invade their space and would like any opportunity to help deal a blow. Plus they have some equipment that would be harder to obtain from other sources."

"We're all sore about that, and at least they've still got Avalon. But you're right. We'll welcome as many as direction allows." Kol replied.

"I would like to come along on this mission as well. I've had previous experience in fighing sith and I feel I could be useful."

Turning to Alriana, he added, "There's a reason I didn't mention Master Kaltas's daughter as well as his son."

"She won't be happy about this." Komad commented.

"You daughter is a grown woman and a Jedi Knight." Kol replied. "If she was only putting her own life on the line, it would be different. On that, she and I agree."

It said that if we wished to save an innocent life, we should go to the abandoned resistance base in the Kivoran system and we should leave quickly. I think that we're needed there urgently.

Tavaryn thought about it for a moment. He then sent, Is it wise? Do you know who it is from?

"We're all sore about that, and at least they've still got Avalon. But you're right. We'll welcome as many as direction allows." Kol replied.

Tavaryn gave a respectful nod to the Jedi. He then replied, "Fen'Harel of the Shinigami will be able to relay anything you wish to request."

"I would like to come along on this mission as well. I've had previous experience in fighing sith and I feel I could be useful."

Tavaryn couldn't help but send via their link, Are you trying to make me any older than I already am? There is a reason Master Skywalker didn't mention Kalla going and he's not an apprentice either.

Ackbar meeting room

Is it wise? Do you know who it is from?

The presence that sent the message feels very familiar but I just can't place it. For all I know it could be someone that we've met in our travels or possibly someone who holds a grudge against us. But still, if there is an innocent life at stake we should investigate as soon as possible.

Are you trying to make me any older than I already am? There is a reason Master Skywalker didn't mention Kalla going and he's not an apprentice either.

Alriana smirked. Yes to the first question. But I feel that I could be an asset to the mission. And I'm sure that I can keep the baby safe as well. But if you really don't want me to come along you could always take Xandros along. He has quite a bit of experience.

"That's because I am no Jedi, I just happen to spend a lot of time around Jedi and Force Sensitives."

"Hmm. If I may ask, what are you, exactly?" Valek clearly felt stupid, and looked like a rambling idiot. However, during the course of the meeting, he picked up that they were going to Dagobah, and decided to give his 'two credits'.

"Dagobah? May I suggest stealth and camouflage? If we attack the Sith at their weakest, they won't be prepared, and we could have an edge in the first half of the battle. Dagobah has lots of swamps, thick underbrush, and trees, so it provides great cover and places to fall back to. It is essential, especially if they have a larger and stronger army than us."

Valek paused for a second, and then continued.

"We shouldn't have to bring an army. Just a few squads, to keep our attention low. Two recon teams, one distraction team, and three infiltration teams. If you guys want to hear my plan, just ask. I'm not going to waste my breath if you guys already have one."

The presence that sent the message feels very familiar but I just can't place it. For all I know it could be someone that we've met in our travels or possibly someone who holds a grudge against us. But still, if there is an innocent life at stake we should investigate as soon as possible.

Tavaryn gave a slight motion with his head as if to stretch his neck muscles. He then replied, Perhaps in private with Master Skywalker? It would be better.

Yes to the first question. But I feel that I could be an asset to the mission. And I'm sure that I can keep the baby safe as well. But if you really don't want me to come along you could always take Xandros along. He has quite a bit of experience.

Tavaryn gave a side glance and caught Alriana's smirk. He loved her for her sense of humor as well as her spirit. To make her be anything that wasn't her was stupid. He sent back, It's easy to think of yourself but harder when you have to consider those that matter to you. However the reason I love is because of who you are. I trust you even if I do worry especially now. Part of it is... well I'll tell you later. Besides you're not the only one who knows the Sith. He gave a slight smile.

Hmm. If I may ask, what are you, exactly?

Tavaryn moved to adjust his standing position while strategy was being set. He maneuvered until he was within whispering distance to Valek. He was aware that the soldier probably felt like an idiot but it was hardly his fault that he didn't know about him and the order. He replied in a side whisper, "In response to your question, I'm just someone who watches the Jedi and protects them."

Ackbar meeting room

Perhaps in private with Master Skywalker? It would be better.

I don't know...Alriana sent through their link. I can sense some sort of distress through the force...I can barely sense it but it feels like something a young child would be feeling.

Alriana was a little frusterated. She could feel a slight disturbance in the force that was true but it seemed so faint...

It's easy to think of yourself but harder when you have to consider those that matter to you. However the reason I love is because of who you are. I trust you even if I do worry especially now. Part of it is... well I'll tell you later. Besides you're not the only one who knows the Sith.

Thank you. Alriana sent back as she continued to try and reach through the force towards the disturbance but she had no luck.

Abandoned Resistance Base

Kivoran System

Velra looked around the shuttle uneasily as it dropped out of hyperspace. Her skills with the force weren't much but she could still sense the emotions of those that were close enough to her.

Her force sense was telling her that she had to leave. Soon. She looked up at the controls but couldn't make heads or tails of them. There was a small control that was marked Stealth/Distress in basic and in a few other languages that she didn't recognize.

She brought her hand up and hit the control and the shuttle's lights began to dim and certain systems shut down. A voice echoed through the cabin.

"Distress mode has been activated. Shields and long range sensors are offline. Weapons are offline. Engines are online but in stealth mode. Stealth mode is online and is tied into the main engine. Life support has been tied into the main engine. Estimated time until the battery is drained, three hours"

In response to Valek, Komad stated, "That's the plan. Our best option is to go in with no more than two dropships' worth of Guardsmen and Jedi."

"At this point, there's little left to discuss, and time is of the essence. Admiral, we'll need your best Guardsmen ready to go in the hangar in one hour. I'll do the same with the Jedi." Master Skywalker told Belina.

"Five 'Jedi' still isn't much, Master." Komad pointed out.

"When I said noone else was available, I was mistake. Masters Vel and Mede are on their way from Tython to join us." Kol replied.

"Four Jedi Masters, one Jedi Knight, one ex-Jedi, and one Shinigami. That's a bit more reassuring." Komad commented.

I don't know...Alriana sent through their link. I can sense some sort of distress through the force...I can barely sense it but it feels like something a young child would be feeling.

Tavaryn listened to Alriana's response and tried again to reach out. The disturbance was like that of a child. He had been around children before within the order and some were sensitive. He was well aware of their capabilities and how they could occasionally surprise you. He replied, I sense it to be a child moi chroi. Perhaps we should bring this to the attention to Master Skywalker.

"Like the GenoHaradan?"

Tavaryn gave a slight snort. He replied in the same tones, "As if I would be a part of that band of cutthroats. The Shinigami are nothing like them."

"Four Jedi Masters, one Jedi Knight, one ex-Jedi, and one Shinigami. That's a bit more reassuring."

Out loud to Komad's comment, Tavaryn replied, "I wouldn't completely discount the guardsmen. Sometimes those without the strength of the Force have done great things."

Ackbar Meeting room

I sense it to be a child moi chroi. Perhaps we should bring this to the attention to Master Skywalker.

Alriana thought for a moment. I agree. She sent through the link. But I sense that whatever we do should be done quickly. I can't help but think that whoever this child is is running out of time.

"Admiral, we'll need your best Guardsmen ready to go in the hangar in one hour. I'll do the same with the Jedi."

Belina nodded. "I think we can accomplish this mission with only two squads. "Alpha team will be going obviously, they're the best squad that we have. And I'm thinking that we can also send out Sierra squad. They recently finished up a recon mission a few days ago and currently aren't doing anything."

Alriana looked over at Master Skywalker. "Master Skywalker, Tavaryn and I have picked up a distress call through the force. It feels like a child somewhere is in trouble and needs help as soon as possible."

"Alpha team will be going obviously, they're the best squad that we have. And I'm thinking that we can also send out Sierra squad. They recently finished up a recon mission a few days ago and currently aren't doing anything."

Tavaryn replied, "Yes ma'am. The team will be ready to go on your say so."

But I sense that whatever we do should be done quickly. I can't help but think that whoever this child is is running out of time.

Tavaryn gave a slight nod to indicate that he heard her. He then sent back, Perhaps you should go on this mission to retrieve the child. You seem fairly well connected.

"As if I would be a part of that band of cutthroats. The Shinigami are nothing like them."

Valek thought about asking Tavaryn on what these "Shinigami" were. He had never heard of them, perhaps they were in the shadows, much like the GenoHaradan. Valek thought about asking him, but decided to not take any more of his time, and walked to the other side of the table.

"Alpha team will be going obviously, they're the best squad that we have. And I'm thinking that we can also send out Sierra squad. They recently finished up a recon mission a few days ago and currently aren't doing anything."

"I'd suggest Omega squad as well. They've just finished their little campaign in the Outer Rim, and are looking for some action." Valek said with a smirk.

"Since I have an hour to get ready, I'm gonna try to fix my armor." Valek paused, thought for a moment, and then thought out loud. "Any armorsmiths in here?" He said, unhopefully.

"Master Skywalker, Tavaryn and I have picked up a distress call through the force. It feels like a child somewhere is in trouble and needs help as soon as possible."

Master Skywalker pondered that for a moment. It could be a trap, but even so, that was no reason to turn away aid.

"Very well. I'd ask that you leave as soon as possible, and that you not go alone." He finally replied.

Ackbar meeting room

"I'd suggest Omega squad as well. They've just finished their little campaign in the Outer Rim, and are looking for some action."

Belina shrugged. "I suppose three squads couldn't hurt. Good suggestion Valek. Garja, all three squads are to be briefed on the upcoming mission. Make sure they're all prepared."

"As you wish Admiral."

"Any armorsmiths in here?"

Garja thought for a moment. "I believe the section where you can get your armor repaired is on deck 7 section 32. Thats where most of the repairs are made on this ship. If you need to have anything replaced your best bet is to talk to our quartermaster."

"Very well. I'd ask that you leave as soon as possible, and that you not go alone."

"Yes Master Skywalker." Alriana said as she got up. "I was hoping I could complete this mission before you deploy for Dagobah and I still intend to try to make it back in time. Do you have anyone you wish to accompany me?"

"I was hoping I could complete this mission before you deploy for Dagobah and I still intend to try to make it back in time. Do you have anyone you wish to accompany me?"

"I'm afraid that won't be possible. We leave for Dagobah within the hour. As for who to accompany you, the only other Jedi available on short notice is Kalla Kaltas." Kol explained.

Kavrik smiled faintly as the Grand Master objected to sending a Jedi to accompany Alriana. He cleared his throat and raised a hand. "Not that I have no appreciation for what Jedi can do," he said, "but Jedi are not your only option here. And since your plans for Dagobah were only recently modified to include me, I can't think they'd suffer much from my absence."

He turned to look at Alriana. "I'll join you for the rescue, if you'll have me, and I promise we'll get to Dagobah before they have too much fun without us."

"Master Skywalker isn't objecting to sending a Jedi with Alriana just because I'm the only one available." Kalla stated, stepping into the room.

"Thank you for coming, and of course not. In retrospect, if I had chosen to keep you from going to Naboo for the same reasons that I chose to keep you from going to Dagobah, the Sith might still have control over the system." Master Skywalker replied.

"So you want me to go with Alriana on this rescue mission?" Kalla asked.

"Yes. Your way with words might be exactly we need." Kol replied. "And Kavrik, I welcome your help as well on this. You won't have to time to join us on the ship before we leave, so head directly to Dagobah once you've rescued this child."

Tavaryn had been listening to the whole discussion and it seemed as if for the moment he had been forgotten. He didn't mind since he was used to it and he had been taught how to blend into the shadows and the like. When Kavrik volunteered his services, he was slightly wary. He could call it his protective instincts and it was his right considering that he was going to be a father and the mother wanted to go on the mission. He would feel more comfortable if family were going and possibly a brother of the order.

Finally he spoke up to Master Skywalker, "Master Jedi, might I suggest that one of the Shinigami accompany the group along with Lady Jun-la? Shinigami are capable of scouting without being seen and there is a brother available."

He sent the thought to Alriana, Perhaps you would consider having Xandros accompany you?

Ackbar meeting room

"I'll join you for the rescue, if you'll have me, and I promise we'll get to Dagobah before they have too much fun without us."

Alriana smiled faintly. "Your welcome to come along with us. And as for getting us to Dagobah I'm going to hold you to that." She said jokingly.

She looked up at Kalla Kaltas as she entered the room and thought for a moment as she heard that she was coming along as well. "I'm glad that your coming along." She said.

"Master Jedi, might I suggest that one of the Shinigami accompany the group along with Lady Jun-la? Shinigami are capable of scouting without being seen and there is a brother available."

"I would welcome Lady Jun-la's presence on this mission." Alriana said. She always enjoyed chatting with Jun-la and she did have a few questions for her about raising a force sensative child.

Perhaps you would consider having Xandros accompany you?

Alriana thought for a moment and than smiled. I would welcome his help. I think he's been wanting to talk to me since he was brought out of cryosleep but hasn't had the opportunity.

She felt a tremor in the force and her smile quickly disappeared. She could feel that something was wrong with the child. It was becoming more and more frightend by something.

"Something is wrong..." She said quietly. "We need to leave now. I sense that something is happening that is causing the child great fear."

Abandoned Resistance Base

Kivoran System

Velra was afraid.

She had been watching the viewports carefully and was now watching the two ships that had dropped out of hyperspace carefully approach the resistance base. For some reason the shuttle's power was draining faster now and she had no idea what to do.

Her father had promised her that she would be alright. She hoped that he was right because it looked like shuttles were heading deeper and deeper into the system looking for secrets that may have been hidden. Sooner or later she had the feeling that they would find her.

I would welcome his help. I think he's been wanting to talk to me since he was brought out of cryosleep but hasn't had the opportunity.

Tavaryn made a slight noise at the back of his throat and sent back, I think it is more along the lines about you and me. I may appear oblivious at times but I still pay attention. He gave a slight smile at her to show that he wasn't upset. It was something that would have to be dealt with.

Out loud he said, "I suggest that the team leave to rescue the girl now. I am sure that Jun-la could get them there and back in the Ebon Hawk."

Ackbar Meeting Room.

I think it is more along the lines about you and me. I may appear oblivious at times but I still pay attention.

Alriana looked over at him and a slight smile appeared on her face. You think that he may be upset that you and I are together? She sent through the link.

"I suggest that the team leave to rescue the girl now. I am sure that Jun-la could get them there and back in the Ebon Hawk."

"Xandros, this is Jedi Alriana. Please report to the starboard hanger bay. We're going on a mission and we could use your help." Alriana sent as she headed for the door.

Xandros's voice answered back. "On my way. I'll be in the hanger bay in a few minutes."

Alriana then sent a message to Jun-la via the comnlink. "Lady Jun-la, this is Alriana. We're about to go out on a mission and we're wondering if you would like to come along."

She then turned to look at Kavrik and then at Tavaryn. "Kavrik, if we end up taking the Ebon Hawk do you think you could bring your ship along as backup in case we run into trouble? I'd rather be safe then sorry and something is really scaring this child."

Kavrik nodded. "Shouldn't be a problem. Freedom's AI would get a bit cross with me if I left her behind, anyhow." Chuckling, he added, "And trust me when I say that's not a pleasant experience. Freedom may look a bit old and beat up, but she was built as a predator and Lys can handle her with remarkable skill."

He glanced down at the empty hyper-caf container, suddenly remembering one of the reasons drinking the energy drink in public wasn't one of his better options. It had the tendency to make him ramble. Seeking to hurry things along, he got to his feet.

"Anywhoo," he said, "if this Ebon Hawk is cramped quarters, people can tag along with me too. Freedom's got room for six more to fly in comfort." He chuckled. "Eighteen if twelve don't mind their quarters not having doors."

"Then it's a good thing there aren't nearly that many of us." Kalla commented. "And if the Ebon Hawk's not an option, my father and Operative Dourden left the Silver Eagle ready to go, and they won't mind if I use it, especially not for something like this." She then suggested. "They're matched for speed, and the Eagle's a bit more spacious."

As Valek heard them talk amongst themselves on what ship to use, as well as some 'child', Garja told him that he could head to deck 7 - section 32 to get his armor repaired.

"If you need me, I'll either be in my quarters, or at the armorsmith's.", he said to Xeran.

He said a quick "Thanks." to Garja, and strutted towards the elevator to ask a fellow crewmember where the crew quarters were. He took him to the crew deck, and Valek left him in the elevator. He found a long hallway, with adjacent doors on both walls, perfectly symmetrical. He walked into one room, and saw a woman getting changed. He quickly turned around and locked the door, walking swiftly down the corridor. He went inside another room, and found it empty. He made it his own, and used his lightsaber to carve a small 'V' near the access panel on the door.

He threw his weapons into a plasteel cylinder at the corner of the room, and took off his armor, placing it onto a workbench. Obviously, he still wore his jumpsuit, but there was a tear near his right shoulder. He shrugged it off, and focused himself at the armor. The right shoulder guard could be easily refitted on, but the mechanism that connects it to the mesh had been melted. He needed another one. The main plate of armor on the lower chest area of the armor mesh had been split, and there was a missing plate of metal and mesh near the leg area. It was obviously the place where his tibia was fractured by the vibro-ax.

He then looked at the helmet, and noticed that the only area damaged was the fractured black visor. He noticed that it offered less that 45% visibility, and promptly ripped it from the helmet, completely unusable. He had to repair his armor before he had to go to Dagobah, so he made a list of the armor components onto his datapad:

1.) Right shoulder connector mechanism

2.) Sheet of durasteel (for chest)

3.) Leg mesh

4.) Sheet of durasteel (for leg)

5.) Black Visor

6.) Right wrist bracer

He then strutted down to the elevator, and went to deck 7 - section 32. He saw the quartermaster leaning on the wall perpendicular to Valek, so he walked towards him.

"Looks like your armor needs some fixin'." , the quartermaster said, as he saw Valek approach him.

"Yes, and I'm heading on a mission in a few. Think you could get the armor repaired?", asked Valek.

"Well, I could, but there's a price.", said the quartermaster, holding out his hand.

Valek stood, knowing he had no credits on him, and simply stared at the man.

"But,", the quartermaster said with a grin, "since you're a soldier, and an ex-Jedi at that, you'll get your armor repaired for free."

How did he...?, Valek thought to himself. It doesn't matter, he needs his armor done as quickly as possible.

"Sure, fine. go for it. I'll be back in a few minutes.", Valek replied.

He handed the man the armor and the datapad, and entered the elevator to head to his quarters.

Archived