Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part IX: The Eleventh Hour

You think that he may be upset that you and I are together?

Tavaryn gave a wry grin and sent back, Of that I have no doubt. He would eventually talk to Xandros but right now it seemed better that he talk tot he person that he had the most contact with. It seemed only fair since he was just but what a boy then.

He turned to Kavrik and said, "I wouldn't go saying bad things about the Ebon Hawk. It's pretty much the pride and joy of the family even if it is on the side of being a scrap pile."

Jun-la was busy seeing to Kaillian's needs when her comm went off. Now that the danger was lessened, they could come out of hiding.

Lady Jun-la, this is Alriana. We're about to go out on a mission and we're wondering if you would like to come along.

Jun-la looked at Matton who gave a nod. It would be hard being away from Kaillian but it seemed that Alriana needed her even if the message didn't really imply that.

"Alri need Mama," Kaillian said. She held Belina's medal in her fist as she looked up at her parents. "Will ease Tavy's mind."

Jun-la couldn't help but smile at her daughter's perceptiveness. She replied, "lright. I'll meet you at the ship."

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ackbar

Of that I have no doubt

I'll have a talk with him about it. She sent back. I think I may know the reason he's upset and if I'm right about it he may understand.

"lright. I'll meet you at the ship."

Alriana turned to look at Tavaryn and then at Belina. "Xandros said that he would might us in the hanger and it looks like like Lady Jun-la is coming along as well. We'll try and make it to dagobah as soon as we're done."

"I take it you met Kaillian last night? She seemed like a pretty nice kid the last time Tonatius and I saw her."

Alriana smiled as she looked over at Belina and once again noticed the missing medal. "I thought she was sweet. And she seems to have the ability to get the Admiral here to give her her medals."

Belina looked down for a moment and muttered something about what she would have done if she was in the situation.

Alriana took a last look at Tavaryn. Be safe. She sent through the link as she turned towards the others accompanying her on the mission. "Is everyone ready?"

Ackbar

I think I may know the reason he's upset and if I'm right about it he may understand.

Tavaryn gave a slight nod. I have no doubt moi chroi. I'll be as careful as I can be but you know me. He couldn't help but add, And you watch out for yourself. There's two of you to think about.

Tavaryn then turned to the Admiral who was muttering about something and noticed she was embarrassed. He replied, "Don't worry Admiral, you know the entertainment will fall back on me and the viper. Now what are your orders?"

"I wouldn't go saying bad things about the Ebon Hawk. It's pretty much the pride and joy of the family even if it is on the side of being a scrap pile."

Kavrik froze, his mind racing. What had he said? Had he somehow managed to insult their ship? He forced his thought process to slow down, reviewing everything he'd said. Breathing a small sigh of relief, he finished his review and found nothing. His comments had done nothing more than suggest he was ignorant of this Ebon Hawk's size. Perhaps Tavaryn was simply being overprotective of what he himself had called a family treasure.

"Wouldn't dream of it," he reassured the other man.

"Is everyone ready?"

Kavrik nodded. "All set." He rose to go, then turned back, doing a little quick figuring. "So that's five people, if I've counted right. Anyone coming with me aboard the Freedom? I don't want to jet off without someone, y'know." He grinned. "Not a good way to make friends, or so I hear."

"I get the feeling Jun-la will want me be on the turrets in the Hawk. Sorry, Kavrik." Kalla replied, stepping into the Hawk.

"I have to admit, it going to feel a bit weird not having Matton in the pilot's seat, or not having Tonatius help me in the gun turrets. Still, I suppose someone has to stay behind to look after Kaillian." She said to Jun-la, pausing a moment. "And on that topic, there's something I could use your advice on."

Wouldn't dream of it

Tavaryn gave a wry grin. "I know you wouldn't. Merely stating that to make ignorant comments gets you nowhere. At least when it concerns that ship." he gave a slight chuckle finding the whole thing humorous. He had made plenty of jokes himself about the Ebon Hawk.

He gave a last look at Alriana before letting her go.

Ebon Hawk

"I have to admit, it going to feel a bit weird not having Matton in the pilot's seat, or not having Tonatius help me in the gun turrets. Still, I suppose someone has to stay behind to look after Kaillian."

Jun-la gave a slight smile and replied, "We share. When Matton has to go, I stay. We understand that our jobs will require us to be away for some time."

"And on that topic, there's something I could use your advice on."

"I won't guess at what it is and I may have an idea but if you want to talk that is fine with me," Jun-la replied as she ran through the last of the checks.

At the last moment, Andros came sprinting in saying, "Didn't think I would miss all the fun as your co-pilot right master?" He gave a glance at his sister, "Hi Kal."

Jun-la replied with a smile, "I take it someone has been poking his nose where he shouldn't but it's all right. Do a final check and Kalla, check with Alriana to make sure everyone is on board."

Lying down in his bed, Valek was thinking about his past. Images of Eldravin were being shoved in his face, and the images of the excavation site were gnawing at his subconscious. He knew that he would have to return to Eldravin eventually, so he started thinking about who he should bring with him, and when he should go. After Dagobah would sound good. Well, he would have to, since it's impossible to go before it. He also started wondering on what the artifact was, but still stood firm on his stance that it was just a Sith Temple.

He was interrupted by a sudden flow of words. The armor! Valek had fallen asleep for almost a half hour, so he ran to the elevator and went to deck 7 - section 32. The quartermaster had the armor looking as good as new, and handed it to Valek.

"Now you better get goin'. I bet they're waiting for you in the hanger.", said the quartermaster.

"Thanks.", Valek replied simply.

He went back into his quarters and put on the armor. His datapad was placed inside of the pouch on his leg by the quartermaster, so he picked it up and deleted what few information was on it. He placed it onto the table and walked towards the plasteel cylinder. He placed the lightsaber on his belt, the vibrosword on his belt as well, but kept the rifle and helmet in both of his hands.

He walked towards the elevator and promptly went to the mess hall to grab a quick snack.

Ackbar Meeting Room

"Don't worry Admiral, you know the entertainment will fall back on me and the viper. Now what are your orders?"

Belina looked up and grinned. "Get Alpha team and the other three squads ready for deployment. Get them to meet in the shuttlebay as soon as possible. We're going to be leaving soon."

And you watch out for yourself. There's two of you to think about.

Got it. Don't worry, I'll be fine. She sent back

Alriana took a quick look at Kavrik and smiled at him. "Before we get going I just want to say thank you for helping us out with this mission. And I would come with you on the Freedom but I have a feeling that they'll need me on the Ebon Hawk. I'll most likely join you on the Freedom on the way to Dagobah if you'll let me come along.

Alriana quickly left the room and quickly made her way to the Ebon Hawk and quickly walked aboard.

"I thought you were going straight to Dagobah with the main group." Kalla pointed out to her brother before heading back to the loading ramp.

Meeting up with Alriana, she said, "We'll take off as soon as you're ready. Everyone else is good to go." She paused a moment, noting the changes in Alriana's body language that seemed not unlike her own. I wonder... she thought.

Making the move, she then asked, "Is something wrong? You've been acting kind of odd lately."

"Make sure to administer the proper dosage every three hours. If his status changes, notify Doctor Klen immediately", Lenatha said to a group of nurses and then headed off to the hangar bay. She had been preparing her medic bag that she had taken so many times before in the past few years. She had recieved word from some of the nurses that Kalla was taking the Ebon Hawk, and rather than stay and continue to feel helpless, she thought it best to simply offer her aid.

She walked up the loading ramp only to find Kalla and Alriana there.

"I hope I'm not interrupting but, I think you might need a medical officer on board?", Lenatha asked.

Get Alpha team and the other three squads ready for deployment. Get them to meet in the shuttlebay as soon as possible. We're going to be leaving soon.

Tavaryn gave a mock salute. "Roger that sir." He then left to call for a briefing of his men while sending out notice that the other squads were being requested. He was giving orders to his group and asked for questions.

Scatty, the comm officer merely grinned, "Slugging through swamps. My kind of mission."

Tavaryn couldn't help but smile. "I know that we've needed a change from the usual but this isn't our first time out. We're at war and standing up for the principles of democracy. We are Alpha Team... not the regular grunts. We are the elite. Let's act like it out there. Hoorah."

"Hoorah!"

The rest of the time was preparation in getting the battlesuits ready and on the team members. After countless missions and sometimes deep into enemy territory, it was like pulling on a well worn pair of pants. Everything was clicked into place as Tavaryn went to a specialized terminal and said, "Ready to go Tara?"

The pad lit up and a woman stood on it dressed in a flight jacket, pants and boots. Her hair was cut short in a bob and she had a saucy look about her. She looked up at Tavaryn and said, "For you always LT. All systems are go."

Tavaryn nodded and punched in his access code and Tara shrank and he pulled out a datacard. Sighing he put on his helmet and put the datacard in. Once they were on the surface of Dagobah, Tara would be able to interface and scan terrain and relay it to the displays on the rest of Alpha Team's huds through the interlink as well as keep track of the status of all team members. It was recent upgrade to the powersuits and was on trial since there had been some problems where suits malfunctioned and operators didn't know it.

Tavaryn sighed when he was selected to head the program but he accepted. That meant getting fit with implants to interact with the AI. That meant time in medbay which was a production in of itself and not to mention that he learned that the AI had chosen him in the first place. It was a joke that he had a digital stalker and one he grumbled slightly over but took in good humor.

"Ready and online," her voice sounded in his ear.

"Yeah I bet," he muttered in a mock scowl. Out loud he said, "Alpha Team, mount up."

At the hangar bay, he addressed Garja, "Sir. What are your orders?"

"I thought you were going straight to Dagobah with the main group."

Andros grinned at his sister as he sat in the co-pilot seat and began making sure all systems were go. He replied, "Come on now sis. Dad will be covered. Besides he's got Alpha Team with him and their even better now with that new AI system they got going for them. Belina's pet project."

Ebon Hawk

"Is something wrong? You've been acting kind of odd lately."

Alriana shook her head. "No...nothing's wrong at all." She said as she made her way to the cockpit. "I've just been a bit worried recently about recent events. Nothing to really worry about. Well...to be honest..."

"I found out that I'm pregnant." She said quietly so no one else could overhear her. "Don't get me wrong, Tavaryn and I are both excited but I have been kind of worrying. Could we have waited until the sith threat had passed? Don't get me wrong, we didn't really plan on this but still..."

"I hope I'm not interrupting but, I think you might need a medical officer on board?",

Alriana looked up and smiled. "Welcome aboard. We're off on a rescue mission so of course we could use a medical officer."

Ackbar

"Sir. What are your orders?"

"Stand by until we reach Dagobah." Garja said as the Ackbar entered hyperspace with a small group of heavily armed ships. "We should be there in around half an hour."

"Lenatha, I hate to be rude, but if you'll excuse Alriana and I for a moment..." Kalla said, leading Alriana out of earshot of Lenatha.

"I guess that makes two of us. Doctor Pradhes knows about me already, and you can trust her to keep a secret, but it should be up to you who knows, at least until people can tell just by looking." Kalla explained. "Tonatius and I didn't plan this either, and in spite of everything that's going on, I'm happy about it, but still nervous. Mind you, it doesn't help that my stepfather has already asked me about names."

Ebon Hawk

Mind you, it doesn't help that my stepfather has already asked me about names.

Jun-la happened to be passing by and guessed quite a bit. She said, "Having a plan is nice and all but some things just spring up on you. We're about to take off so just fair warning." She gave Alriana's arm a gentle squeeze of reassurance.

Ackbar

Stand by until we reach Dagobah.We should be there in around half an hour.

Tavaryn replied, "Roger that sir."

It was going to be an interesting wait. He could hear Tara murmuring about something in his ear and would have smacked his helm but that would have looked stupid. He looked at his second and the rest of his team. They were ready to go even in a relaxed state. He trained them well.

Out of boredom, he sent, Having fun with your girl talk moi chroi?

Finishing his steak and water, Valek walked towards the hangar bay. To his relief, the Ebon Hawk was still there. However, it looked like they were having preparations to take off. He fast-walked through the hangar door and walked up the boarding ramp, noticing Kalla and Alriana.

"Sorry if I'm a bit late. I was occupied."

He gave a weak smile as he unknowingly adjusted the lightsaber on his belt.

"So...where would my quarters be? I'll take the port side, if they are still available."

"I suppose you heard all of that." Kalla said to Valek. "But yes, there should be a bed available in the Port Dormitory. That being said, you probably won't need it. Once we've retrieved this kid, we'll joining the team on Dagobah." She then explained. She then headed back to where Lenatha was waiting.

"I'm sorry about that. There was just something I needed to talk to Alriana about it private." Kalla said.

"Don't worry about it", Lenatha said and just fixed her medical bag on her shoulder. "It's probably a good idea you let me examine you later on. It has not been exactly a pleasure ride you've been on lately".

She moved further up the loading ramp to close the distance between her and Kalla.

"As I stated before, if you'll have me, I can lend a hand on your rescue mission. Beats pacing around on this massive ship", Lenatha said.

"Alright then, thanks.", replied Valek, when Kalla was walking away. He walked to the dormitory and saw two bunk beds right next to each other inside of the wall. An interesting design. He went to the bed farthest from the doorway, and slid open a drawer to place his datapad and knife inside of. Increasingly bored, he walked into the cargo hold. It was rather empty, aside from a large container on the other side of the room, a couple plasteel cylinders, and emergency food rations directly to his left.

He activated his lightsaber and held it in both of his hands. Even though his connection the Force is broken, he still remembered the lightsaber forms that had been taught to him. He swung his lightsaber around and started doing all of these erratic moves and jabs. He was practicing Juyo, the hardest lightsaber form to master, and the least favored one, as the user fought under the guidance of controlled passion. Surprisingly, he nearly fought with the same grace and power as he did years ago.

He held his vibrosword in his left hand, and decided to practice Jar'Kai, albeit without two lightsabers. He often combined Jar'Kai with Juyo to create a devastating form during a duel, but he had no second saber, so this would be a little different. He held his weapons in the Jar'Kai opening stance, and did a "whirlwind" with his weapons. He made erratic movements and quick attacks, his speed and grace still sharp. He decided to practice for a little longer, and then decided that he needed to spar someone. He continued to spar with the air.

Ebon Hawk

"Tonatius and I didn't plan this either, and in spite of everything that's going on, I'm happy about it, but still nervous. Mind you, it doesn't help that my stepfather has already asked me about names."

Alriana laughed. "Tavaryn and I most likely aren't going to be discussing names for quite awhile. But congratulations...I'm really happy for the two of you."

Having fun with your girl talk moi chroi?

It's not as much fun as you might think. She sent back. Well...to be honest it's kind of boring. She sent again. She didn't know if Kalla would appreciate it if she told Tavaryn if she was pregnant, for all she knew, Kalla might have already told him anyway.

Xandros quickly ran up the ramp and smiled sheepishly at Alriana and Kalla. "Sorry about that, I'm still new to the Ackbar and for the life of me I couldn't find this hanger. I ended up on the other side of the ship before I was able to get directions."

He looked at Kalla. "Are we ready to get going? I can sense some sort of distress call through the force."

"You can sense it as well?" Alriana asked

"I...well yes I can." Xandros answered. "This kid seems scared of something and she just keeps getting more and more frightend by the minute."

"I can sense it as well, we should leave now if we want to get to the child in time."

"It's probably a good idea you let me examine you later on. It has not been exactly a pleasure ride you've been on lately."

"It hasn't been that long, but it couldn't hurt. Not much has changed, though I did have a bout of morning sickness in one of the least likely of places." Kalla jokingly replied.

"I can sense it as well, we should leave now if we want to get to the child in time."

"You're right. Let's get moving." She responded, pressing a button on the wall to close the loading ramp.

Returning to the cockpit, she said to Jun-la, "Everyone's aboard, and we're ready to go."

At that point, a transmission came in over the comm. "We're about to leave as well." Komad sent to them.

"Ok. We'll meet up with you in a few hours." Kalla replied.

Ebon Hawk

Jun-la received the transmission as she seated herself in the pilot's chair.

"Haven't you had a chance to get the upgrades on this bucket?" Andros looked at his master with good humor.

"No the Republic didn't figure in long term care in the design Andros. So everything's a go." Jun-la made adjustments and commenced liftoff. The Ebon Hawk would get them where they needed to go and back.

Not exceeding port speed she guided the ship out. She called through the comm, "Preparing for lightspeed. All hands take a seat." Without much delay she entered in the coordinates from the navicomputer. Once in she pulled the switch. "Hang on."

Ackbar

Tavaryn milled around his drop ship while the ship headed towards Dagobah. He looked over to spy Komad Kaltas. He walked over and said, "Nice to see a familiar face. How goes it Master Kaltas?"

Ebon Hawk

"This ship is thousands of years old, brother. Noone expects a ship to last that long." Kalla commented. "I have to go. Doctor Pradhes is going to want to see me about you-know-what." She then left the cockpit for the main hold.

Upon entering, she approached Lenatha and asked, "Doctor, you said you wanted to examine me?"

Resistance Dropship, Ackbar Hangar

"Other than some unexpected news from my daughter, it's been business as usual. And you?" Komad replied. Looking around a moment, he added, "Tavaryn, I trust you've met Jedi Masters Tywin Mede and Quinlan Vel? Master Vel was Greea's apprentice when she was pregnant with Kalla."

(I can't believe it's been almost two years since Greea was mentioned)

Lenatha turned to look at Kalla and just shuffled a few things in her bag before getting back to her.

"Yes, let's see", She said as she took out a few scanners. She then smiled to Kalla so to just ease any tension she might have. Nobody really took a liking to getting checked up by Doctors, and mostly everyone flinched at the sight of the scanners.

"This won't take long", She said as she reached for a small bioscanner. She moved it from the top of Kalla's head to the bottom. She then took a smaller scanner and pressed it to Kalla's stomach only slightly just to get an ultrasound. And then put the scanners away.

"Everything seems fine Kalla, if you were worried about why I asked to examine you, you don't need to be, it's just a little check up after all the running around you've been doing seemed like a good idea", Lenatha said giving Kalla a small smile. "Have you been feeling alright? Nothing out of the ordinary?"

"Nothing you wouldn't expect from a four times mixed species pregnancy." Kalla jokingly remarked. "How are you and Andorra doing, anyway? I rarely see her anymore, and I almost never see you except for medical reasons." She then asked. More and more, Lenatha seemed like just her doctor, and less like her best friend's wife. Ever since the Republic fell, it felt like she was drifting away from her friends who weren't part of the military or the Jedi Order. She knew times were tough, but she still didn't like it.

Archived