Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part IX: The Eleventh Hour

Ackbar

You really are quite handsome and your one of the strongest people I've ever met. But it's not just those reasons that I love you. Your were kind and were willing to help me after I was woken up.

Glad that you think so highly of me, Tavaryn said as he caressed her cheek while continuing to give her kisses in all the places he knew that would incur a reaction. He kissed the nape of her neck and muttered, "And I could think of a few names that could describe how beautiful you are to me." He then took a step back and gave her one last kiss on her forehead.

"If you don't want me to, I won't make any more jokes about your name."

Tavaryn gave a slight smile. He replied, "The jokes won't ever stop as long as there is someone who knows. Just don't do it too often. My mother was lonely without my father and she always told me that I looked very much like him. Maybe she saw my future." He shrugged his shoulders.

Tavaryn then pulled his blade out. He would wait and see if he needed to use his lightsaber. He felt her distress before he saw her face. The look of horror had him worry. Few things scared her that badly. When she explained who they were, he asked, "Will you be all right?"

"Be careful, for all we know they may have already managed to get through the hanger bay and might already be in the corridors."

Jun-la had her lightsaber out and in her hand. It was a specialty blade that was not unlike her father's mother's blade. She held it at the ready and replied, "We'll watch your back."

Fen'Harel held his sword ready and followed the Admiral and the Jedi. He was getting a bit old for this but like the other council members, they had to have served and would be willing to be called into service at any time. He muttered, "Youth is wasted on the young."

Ackbar Hangar

"Listen, I have a plan. I need you to distract the bigger one until we can get a clear shot on him, Jedi Haltra should be here shortly and then she can help you take on the other one."

Andros listened to the plan. He saw that it would be risky but if he did manage to buy time for Jedi Haltra and her bodyguard, as he called him, to get there, there would be a chance. He nodded and ignited his lightsaber and came out. He shouted at the larger of the two force users, "Hey you there ugly! Why not pick on someone with a lightsaber for a change?"

((Hey Chev, what if the dark force users recognize the lightsaber that Tavaryn uses when he pulls it out? Just a wayward thought. They might know his father but not his mother...))

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ackbar Hangar

Komad rushed to the hangar bay as quickly as he could, activating his lightsabers the moment he entered. He saw his son attempting to goad one of the Dark Jedi into attacking him, and instinctively responded, "Or two."

Naboo

Fortunately, the trek to the cliff was relatively uneventful. "I'll go first. It'd be a lot easier for you to pass yourself off as a local if one of us is caught." Kalla instructed, pulling out the rope and the harnesses. She then tied one end of the rope to a rock jutting out from the cliff, making sure it would remain secure on the way down, but be easily removed from the bottom.

((I think that is an awsome idea. :) Lets go for it.))

Ackbar

"Will you be all right?"

Alriana took a moment to compose herself. Knowing that the enemies that had hunted her during the purge had made their way into the future had terrified her but she knew that if she didn't act now many people would lose their lives."

"I'll be fine." She said as she force jumped into the hanger directly infront of Garja who was about to be hit by deflected blaster fire. She angled her lightsaber so that the bolts would deflect into the wall.

Garja looked up at her as he continued firing. "Glad to see that you made it. As you can see we have a bit of a situation here."

"Hey you there ugly! Why not pick on someone with a lightsaber for a change?"

"Or two."

Both Dark jedi turned away from the troops and instantly looked at the two jedi that were in front of them. The taller of the two of them turned back towards the troops and unleashed a stream of lightning that sent the first two squads to their knees in pain. The shorter one turned towards the third squad and sent his lightsaber and used to force to guide it and smiled as it cut through the squad. The lightsaber quickly returned to his hand.

The taller one turned to Komad and then to Andros. "We had to get rid of the insects." the taller one said with a dark smile on his face. "I'm going to enjoy this." The taller one said as he grabbed Andros through the force and lifted him in the air.

The shorter one ignited the second blade on his double bladed lightsaber and dropped into a fighting stance. "It's been awhile since I've had the pleasure of killing a jedi." The shorter one said with a smile.

"Youth is wasted on the young."

Just as Belina was about to reach the hanger she turned back to the shinigami and frowned. "I heard that."

She listened at the door for a moment and didn't hear much sounds of combat. She could hear lightsabers and the occasional blaster shot going off. She entered the code and the door opened and she instantly ran to Garja's side.

"Status report?"

"Two security teams were hit by force lightning and are down for the moment. Security team three was hit by a lightsaber. Somehow the shorter one was able to control the lightsaber's trajectory and got them before they knew what hit them. I don't believe there are any survivors."

She motioned Jun-la and Fen'Harel over to her so they could plan their next move.

Ackbar Hangar

I heard that."

Fen'Harel gave a slight chuckle and said, "And if you remember Admiral, we Avalonians live quite a long time."

He followed the Jedi and the Admiral to her second in command's side. He kept and eye on the battle as the Jedi were fighting them.

"I'm going to enjoy this."

Andros felt himself being lifted. He tried to counter but it was like hitting a brick wall literally. He watched as his father squared off with the other. He prayed that someone would be able to take these scum down.

Glad to see that you made it. As you can see we have a bit of a situation here."

After being somewhat reassured that Alriana would be all right, he followed her into the hanger while putting in a com earpiece in his ear. He said to Garja, "That's putting it mildly. I'll be heading out now. The more who know how to tangle with Fore Users, the better." He gave a slight nod to Alriana for her to follow.

Tavaryn spotted his team struggling from the lightning blast. He signaled them to stay put as he moved forward. He spotted Andros being suspended in midair. Instinctively, he pulled out his lightsaber and held it ready. Concentrating, he worked his way through the Force and forced Andros to be released. He watched the boy drop to the ground.

"It's been awhile since I've had the pleasure of killing a jedi."

Tavaryn spoke out to the double bladed wielder, "Then it will be a lot longer." He then ignited his lightsaber and twirled both blades as he backed into a fighting position." He then sent, Moi chroi, when you see an opening, check on the boy.

Naboo

"I'll go first. It'd be a lot easier for you to pass yourself off as a local if one of us is caught."

Tonatius gave a slight grin as he shook his head. He replied, "Whatever you say my dear. Force knows you're the bossy one in this relationship." He then addded, "Just be careful." He took to scanning the terrain to make sure no one was following them.

Ackbar

"And if you remember Admiral, we Avalonians live quite a long time."

Belina couldn't help but crack a slight smile. "Don't remind me." She muttered under her breath.

Belina was waiting for the moment when she would able to take a shot. She watched the dark jedi carefully, even though she wasn't force sensative she could tell that the two of them were playing with the solders and jedi who were in the hanger.

"Garja." She said quietly. "Stop firing at them and wait for them to leave themselves exposed. Otherwise they're simply going to keep deflecting those blaster bolts back at us. Wait for the right moment."

"Yes Admiral."

"That's putting it mildly. I'll be heading out now. The more who know how to tangle with Fore Users, the better."

Garja couldn't help but smile. The odds were starting to turn in their favor. Two jedi, Shinigami and what remained of the security teams were left and their were only two dark jedi. They were highly trained he had to admit but sooner or later they would make a mistake.

The dark jedi who had been holding Andros suspended in the air turned around, his eyes were blazing with hatred and was about to hit Tavaryn with a barrage of force lightning when he saw the lightsaber that Tavaryn was using. He nearly dropped his saber from suprise but managed to get his composure back.

"Tell me boy...where did you get that lightsaber? The dark jedi asked mockingly. "I've seen that lightsaber before, if you want a merciful death you will tell me where you got it."

"Then it will be a lot longer."

The other darksider smiled. "So you say." He said as he gathered the force around him and launched himself at Tavaryn, he began to strike at him using both blades, constantly keeping one blade to defend the other one to attack.

Moi chroi, when you see an opening, check on the boy.

Understood. Alriana sent back as she prepared to gather the force around her so that when the two dark jedi were fully distracted she would be able to get to Andros.

Ruins of the Visio

Inside the last remaining Cryopod, there was movement as the wires that connected them to the power core were knocked loose by the battle outside. Though the body was starting to move, the mind was just starting to wake up and notice the battle outside.

Destruction...death...wake up...need to wake up...WAKE UP!

Inside the pod, the figure's eyes opened and the sound of a lightsaber igniting. A small hole appeared in the door as the lightsaber as the figure began to cut through.

Sith...They have awoken. Time to finish what I started.

Ackbar Hangar

Komad immediately sent a Force Push at the Dark Jedi that holding his son in the air. Whether or not he tried to block it, it would break his concentration and allow Andros to break free. He then turned to the other Dark Jedi, and asked, "Do you have any idea how long you've been in stasis?"

Naboo

As soon as Tonatius made it to the bottom, Kalla pulled the rope down, and said to him, "Two things: First, does it seem to you like it's been too easy so far? And second, I'm bossy?"

She then opened the door leading into the palace, only to find a squad of Sith Troopers and an irate looking Sith Lord on the other side.

"Jedi, you didn't honestly think this passage was still a secret, did you?" The Sith Lord asked.

Naboo

Two things: First, does it seem to you like it's been too easy so far? And second, I'm bossy?"

Tonatius chuckled, "To answer your questions my dear, to the first I am wary. This seems too simple. As to the second, do I have to answer that since you pretty much end up telling me what to do." He gave a short laugh and grinned at her saucily.

He followed her waiting for her to form a reply to his response. When she opened the door to reveal a Sith Lord and troopers, the fun stopped and he reached for his sword.

"Jedi, you didn't honestly think this passage was still a secret, did you?"

Tonatius replied, "And here I thought thinking was overrated for you Sith types." He twirled his sword into a defensive posture. For the first time, he felt as if the stakes were raised.

Ackbar Hangar

"Tell me boy...where did you get that lightsaber? "I've seen that lightsaber before, if you want a merciful death you will tell me where you got it."

Tavaryn went into a basic posture. The simpliest of stances often proved to be the difference between life and death. It was also more for reassurance from his surprise. The dark Jedi recognized his father's lightsaber? Could it be possible...? His face didn't change as he replied, "I've had offers of merciful death before. If you could call it that. This lightsaber belonged to my father. What is it to you?"

When he saw the other attack, he was ready. He sprang away nearly disappearing from line of sight and reappeared close to the darksider andswung with parries and strikes that were quick and fast; designed to be an annoyance. He leapt away and stood in attack posture. He then said, "I take it you are familiar with my kind?"

Andros felt himself break free and he fell to the ground. He took a moment to catch his breath as he watched Tavaryn move in action. He had snuck in on one training session but he had never seen anything like it. He caught sight of Jedi Haltra and gave a slight wave to indicate that he was all right.

Ackbar

"Do you have any idea how long you've been in stasis?"

The Dark jedi that was staring at Tavaryn's lightsaber looked over Tavaryn without looking over at Komad.

"Of course we do. We managed to hack into the scout ship's computer and compared the date we came out of statis with the date that the jedi or whatever he is managed to overpower us and put us in stasis. For us it's been around a hundred years. But that's fine, we also read up on the enemy that your resistance is fighting. A new sith empire...one stronger then Palpatine's sith empire could ever dreamed of being. But if we wish to join the undying sith empire...we'll have to prove ourselves. And what better way to prove ourselves then to either capture or kill one of you."

"I've had offers of merciful death before. If you could call it that. This lightsaber belonged to my father. What is it to you?"

The darksider continued staring at Tavaryn. "I fought the man that used that lightsaber back before we were frozen. One of the few who managed to get away from us. We never could find him after that first battle."

Visio

The lightsaber that was cutting through the door stopped moving for a moment as the door finally fell away from the pod. The figure who was still obscured by the shadows from the wrecked ship stepped out of the pod and force jumped up through a hole in the top of the ship and landed directly behind the shorter of the dark jedi who was about to launch another attack at Tavaryn. The shorter dark jedi sensed the figure and force jumped backwards before dropping into a defensive stance. His eyes widened when he saw his opponet.

"You?! But how?! You were still in the cryopod! How did you escape?!"

"I'm going to guess it was the will of the force. Either that or your battle out here knocked something loose. Either way...it's time to finish what I started."

Alriana looked at the dark jedi and saw something in the dark jedi's eyes. Something she hadn't expected to see.

Fear

She looked over at the figure and her eyes widened in amazement. The figure was someone she had seen before, during Palpatine's jedi purge in a cantina on a world in the outer rim territories.

It's not possible...He couldn't have survived all these years.

The figure managed to duck under a lightsaber stike and slammed the hilt of his saber in the dark jedi's stomach before hitting him in the face with the hilt, knocking the dark jedi back, leaving his stomach open for a lightsaber strike.

Ackbar Hangar

"I fought the man that used that lightsaber back before we were frozen. One of the few who managed to get away from us. We never could find him after that first battle."

Tavaryn had heard many things about his parents growing up. Some from his mother and others from people who served with them. This was a first in regards to his father and from a dark Jedi of all things. His normal retorts died on his tongue as he held his ground. He became aware of a presence and it was confirmed when the figure jumped behind his attacker.

It was the slight change in Alriana's emotions that it confirmed who this strange person was. So this is he. He was impressed when he moved to strike the dark Jedi. However when he was going in for the kill, Tavaryn had to act. Using his speed, he vanished to reappear in between the combatants, his blades at awkward angles but necessary to deflect. He looked at the stranger and said using the greeting that all Shinigami used, "Brother of Shadows, halt. They must be taken alive."

Tavaryn spared a glance at the dark Jedi and said, "You will be spared if you surrender." At the same time he sent to Alriana, I know moi chroi. I'll try to be gentle. He tried to make it as reassuring as possible since something told him that she shouldn't be brought into hysterics.

Ackbar

"Brother of Shadows, halt. They must be taken alive."

The figure looked over at Tavaryn who was blocking his blade and then looked over at the dark jedi who's eyes were filled with fear. The shinigami shrugged his shoulders and contnued staring at the dark jedi as if thinking about ignoring Tavaryn and killing the dark jedi anyway. He smiled at the dark jedi and turned towards the other one who had no fear in his eyes.

"Very well. feel free to handle that one. I will deal with the other one." The figure said quietly as he force jumped backwards and hit the second dark jedi with a lightning fast barrage of lightsaber strikes that he was easily able to keep up with.

"I remember fighting you in the cantina." the shinigami said thoughtfully as he blocked a few of the dark jedi's strikes as he looked for a way to break through the dark jedi's ligtsaber defense.

"And I remember that you distracted us long enough for the jedi to get away!" The dark jedi said with a snarl. "If we had gone back to palpatine he would have executed us!"

"Not my problem."

The dark jedi unleashed a force push that sent the Shinigami flying backwards towards the wreckage of the Visio. Alriana force jumped towards him and slammed into him shoulder first to alter his trajectory. The Shinigami didn't know who she was at first and was about to strike her with his lightsaber only to stop cold when he saw her.

"You...I remember you." He said quietly as he landed on his feet and ran back at the dark jedi.

"You will be spared if you surrender."

The dark jedi who was currently not fighting sighed. "It appears that I have no choice but to surrender." He suddenly smiled. "Good luck trying to get my friend their to surrender. He will not stop until either he is dead or you are all dead."

Ackbar

"Very well. feel free to handle that one. I will deal with the other one."

Tavaryn gave a slight nod. He also said, "Alive if possible." He then turned his attention back to the dark Jedi that he had also blocked and pushed off to force distance between them.

"It appears that I have no choice but to surrender." "Good luck trying to get my friend their to surrender. He will not stop until either he is dead or you are all dead."

Tavaryn replied, "Then he will die. Cast aside your lightsaber." The order was curt and reminded Tavaryn of his early days as a Shinigami. It was rather frightening at how easily that time came back. Then again this was a matter of life and death. His gaze remained firm as he held his lightsaber and sword ready to defend himself if it came to that.

At the same time Tavaryn had to make sure. He sent, Are you all right moi chroi?

Meanwhile, Fen'Harel saw the entrance of the newest combatant and he thought he was going to fall over dead in a faint or something. He never thought... Out loud he said, "Xandros."

Ackbar

"Alive if possible."

Xandros didn't respond as he jumped at the dark jedi and attempted to perform a downward slashing attack only for the dark jedi to manage to catch his saber on his own lightsaber blade and deflect it off to the side. Xandros shouted out in pain as the dark jedi unleashed a barrage of force lightning that he wasn't prepared for.

The dark jedi laughed as he continued to hit him with the force lightning. "You didn't think I would show you all of my techniques to you when we last fought did you?! You are more foolish then I've given you credit for!"

Xandros's eyes flashed, despite the pain he was in gathered the force around him and unleashed a massive force wave that sent the dark force-user flying backwards directly at the location Garja and Belina were at. the force wave also had the added effect of breaking the dark jedi's concentration, freeing Xandros from the force lightning. He quickly got back on his feet and ran at the dark jedi and jumped behind him. Before the dark jedi could recover, Xandros slammed the hilt of his lightsaber across the dark jedi's head, knocking him out cold for the moment.

"Then he will die. Cast aside your lightsaber."

The shorter of the two dark jedi watched the taller dark jedi get knocked out and instantly threw his lightsaber on the ground. "It appears I was wrong, but know this: The only reason you have won this fight is because your around a hundred years more advanced then us in combat techniques."

Are you all right moi chroi?

Yes. Alriana sent back as she watched the shinigami from around a hundred years back approach her. But I think our friend has questions and I doubt that I'm qualified to answer them.

"Xandros"

Xandros stopped walking for a moment and than glanced over at Fen'Harel and his eyes lit up for a moment. He turned to look at Alriana and then back at Fen'harel.

He changed direction and started walking towards Fen'Harel and a smile appeared on his face. "Xandros reporting in sir." he said as he looked around the hanger and saw the wrecked form of the Visio. "If I may ask sir...what happened to me? I remember overpowering the two dark jedi I was fighting and then the ship's hyperdrive malfunctioned. The last thing I remember is putting those two in the cryopods and then sealing myself in one until help arrived."

He took a closer look at Fen'Harel. "If I may say sir...you look a bit different...a tiny bit older If I may say so.

Ackbar

"It appears I was wrong, but know this: The only reason you have won this fight is because your around a hundred years more advanced then us in combat techniques."

Tavaryn deactivated his lightsaber and placed it back on his belt, leaving his sword out just in case. With the ease of practice, he lifted his hand slightly still watching the dark Jedi and the dropped lightsaber flew into his hand. He held it and replied, "I like to think it's because of the dedication of those fighting you."

But I think our friend has questions and I doubt that I'm qualified to answer them.

Tavaryn sent back, Compared to me, you're the best candidate at the moment though I think Fen'Harel is the best choice. I'm glad that you're all right.

Tavaryn called over his team and said, "Tariq, help our 'guests' to the special brig. For added security, best to place neural restraints, the Force dampening ones."

tariq replied, "Aye sir," and instructed the men to take charge of the prisoners. Meanwhile Tavaryn confiscated the lightsabers and walked over to Alriana. While it seemed inappropriate to do so, he couldn't help but grasp her hand and gently entwine his fingers with hers. He gave a gentle squeeze of reassurance.

"If I may ask sir...what happened to me? I remember overpowering the two dark jedi I was fighting and then the ship's hyperdrive malfunctioned. The last thing I remember is putting those two in the cryopods and then sealing myself in one until help arrived.""If I may say sir...you look a bit different...a tiny bit older If I may say so.

Fen'Harel looked at the young Shinigami trying yet failing to hide the relief that the boy was still alive. He replied, "It has been nearly a hundred years since you last reported in Xandros. We thought you to be lost when no word came in from your ship. It was only recently that Admiral Belina of Republic Fleet and now the resistance, received word of your ship being found. You and your podmates were brought here for questioning but as you are well aware, we've had some problems."

Andros pulled himself to his feet and greeted his father, "Nice of you to drop in. How's Kalla?"

Naboo

Kalla was about to draw her lightsaber, when another squad of Sith Troopers grappled down behind them, and she noticed the blasters they were carrying. "Tonatius, those are DC-58's. Death Guard weapons." She said, gesturing for him to lower his sword. It had been four years since she had seen such weapons, though it wasn't surprising; Death Guards answered directly to the Sith.

Theed Prison, Naboo

"I take it Markath was in on this the whole time, Lord Sykal?" Kalla asked from inside her cell.

"Actually no. He just wasn't as discreet as he thought. He is being dealt with as we speak." Darth Sykal explained.

"The Naboo won't stand for this. Markath is a popular king." Kalla retorted.

"He was a mistake. The vote was rigged, and he seemed loyal enough. We didn't think he would turn out to be a double agent." Sykal pointed.

"Even so, the people won't respond well to this. Tyranny breeds rebellion." Kalla commented.

"We shall see." Sykal replied.

"And why haven't you killed us? We certainly can't be good for your situation." Kalla asked.

"Lord Pestilus wants any Jedi we capture alive. One Jedi is good, but Kalla Kaltas, and she's with child? This is too perfect." Sykal answered, with a disturbing smile on his face.

Now Kalla was scared. "What does Pestilus want with my unborn child?" She asked, but before Sykal could answer, what sounded like a explosion from outside diverted his attention. "It seems you were right, Kaltas. Don't think I'm done with you or your boyfriend." Sykal said, leaving the prison.

Ackbar Hangar

"She and Tonatius made it safely to Naboo. That's all I know. Oh, and those modifications you and Iyav made to the Eagle worked perfectly, though it's still a shame we had to use them at all." Komad explained to his son, before turning to the thawed Shinigami. "Take this. It'll help you get up to speed on what's been going on in the past hundred years." He said, handing Xandros a datapad. "Unfortunately, things may not be as different you might like."

Ackbar

"I like to think it's because of the dedication of those fighting you."

"I honestly don't know why we haven't been able to destroy all who oppose us." The dark jedi said quietly. "From what I've seen the sith always come close to vanquishing the light but the light always prevals." The dark jedi said angerly. "I have killed countless solders who fought with the rebellion but even now, a hundred years later I personally have never killed a jedi."

Alriana smiled gently as Tavaryn wrapped his hands around hers. I hope your still planning on coming to dinner with the Admiral, Jun-la and Matton and I. She sent. Because you and I have something to discuss. Something important.

"It has been nearly a hundred years since you last reported in Xandros. We thought you to be lost when no word came in from your ship. It was only recently that Admiral Belina of Republic Fleet and now the resistance, received word of your ship being found. You and your podmates were brought here for questioning but as you are well aware, we've had some problems."

Xandros lost his voice for a moment as the realization of what had been said crashed over him. A...hundred years?

"But...the jedi you assigned me to look over...she's still looks the same as the last day I saw her! And there's no way she was stuck in cryosleep like I was! And what is the Galactic resistance? The last I heard the Rebellion was in full swing against the Palpatine's galactic empire."

"Take this. It'll help you get up to speed on what's been going on in the past hundred years. Unfortunately, things may not be as different you might like."

Xandros turned to Komad and took the offered datapad and looked it over.

Xandros looked over the datapad and saw a few things that made him feel a bit better. The rebellion had managed to overthrow palpatine...new jedi order led by a Skywalker. His smile vanished when he saw what had happened recently. The undying sith empire...the attack on avalon and the Fall of Coruscant."

He slowly turned to Fen'harel. "This Undying Sith Empire, they make Palpaine's empire look like nothing! How did they manage to attack Avalon? And why did the chancellor of the Republic trust them in the first place?"

Belina and Garja both walked to where everyone was meeting. "Right now, I think that everyone needs to take a break. Everyone who was involved in this incident is to take the rest of the day off. My duty shift was almost over anyway."

She turned to Jun-la and spoke a bit more quietly. "I'm going to get a team down here to clean up some of the damage. And if I may ask, are we still doing dinner tonight? If so I might be a bit late. I'm going to make sure that Xandros is given a private room with a computer connected to the database so he can get used to our new future. Or maybe I could let him stay with the Shinigami delegation."

She then turned to Garja. "Get a team down here to get the injured to the medbay and another team down here to clean up some of the wreckage."

Naboo

"Tonatius, those are DC-58's. Death Guard weapons."

Tonatius gave a slight growl as he lowered his blade. It was considered a disgrace for Bushida to let their weapons be taken from them but he wasn't about to do anything that would hurt Kalla or the baby. He let them lead them to the cells where they were to be kept and gave a vicious scowl at his captors.

It seems you were right, Kaltas. Don't think I'm done with you or your boyfriend.

Tonatius replied, "Don't hurry on our account."

He waited until Sykal was gone before looking at Kalla. He said, "I hope you have some idea for getting out because all I have is this." He turned around and reached into his pants to pull out a multi tool that he had hidden for no reason at all. "Seems they missed it." He grinned trying to lighten the situation a little since he knew that now the enemy knew about Kalla, they would be relentless. "It'll be all right moi chroi."

Ackbar

"I have killed countless solders who fought with the rebellion but even now, a hundred years later I personally have never killed a jedi."

Tariq looked at the prisoner as he made sure the Fore inhibitors were functioning and replied, "Well you won't be doing that anytime soon. Not if the LT has anything to say about that."

I hope your still planning on coming to dinner with the Admiral, Jun-la and Matton and I. Because you and I have something to discuss. Something important.

Tavaryn smiled as he gave a kiss to her hand. Of course. I gave my word didn't I? Besides I am curious to hear what I am in trouble for. He gave a slight chuckle to indicate that he was teasing her.

When Belina gave the announcement that everyone was to have the rest of the day off he said in a conspiratorial whisper, "So generous. I think I might spend it in the ion shower and stay in there until dinner." He knew Alriana liked the sonic showers and teased her about taking forever in it.

"This Undying Sith Empire, they make Palpaine's empire look like nothing! How did they manage to attack Avalon? And why did the chancellor of the Republic trust them in the first place?"

Fen'Harel looked at Xandros almost in a fatherly way and replied, "Avalon has always been the first and last line of defense against darkness. It has been that way for millennia. They attacked because they were returning home. As for the trust issue, as a Jedi you would be well aware the how tempting the lure of the darkside is."

Fen'Harel sheathed his blade and placed a hand on Xandros' shoulder, "Much has happened since we thought you lost. The Jedi you were assigned to was placed in a similar situation. When she was discovered, one of our brothers volunteered to help her become familiar with the changes. Perhaps a similar situation would be permissible to you?"

"I'm going to get a team down here to clean up some of the damage. And if I may ask, are we still doing dinner tonight? If so I might be a bit late. I'm going to make sure that Xandros is given a private room with a computer connected to the database so he can get used to our new future. Or maybe I could let him stay with the Shinigami delegation."

Meanwhile Jun-la checked upon her apprentice and checked in with the admiral. She leaned over to reply to the whispers, "Perhaps a compromise. Right now he seems to be comfortable with the council member. Let him be where he is most comfortable. I think it would be wise to extend the invitation to stay on the Ackbar a bit longer. As to dinner. Please come when you are able."

((Alright writer, I'm ready to get your characters in the Rp if you are. :)))

Ackbar

"Well you won't be doing that anytime soon. Not if the LT has anything to say about that."

The Dark jedi smiled as he was taken away. "Perhaps...Perhaps not. You cannot keep us prisoner forever."

"So generous. I think I might spend it in the ion shower and stay in there until dinner."

Alriana playfully punched him in the arm. "I'm going to make sure your not in there for very long. I know your very anxious to see Kaillian and to be honest I want to see her too. That means we're going to go there as soon as possible."

"Avalon has always been the first and last line of defense against darkness. It has been that way for millennia. They attacked because they were returning home. As for the trust issue, as a Jedi you would be well aware the how tempting the lure of the darkside is."

Xandros sighed. "Still...why would they trust a goverment with the name "Undying Sith Empire"? The sith have always brought nothing but death and destruction. You think people would have learned by now."

"Much has happened since we thought you lost. The Jedi you were assigned to was placed in a similar situation. When she was discovered, one of our brothers volunteered to help her become familiar with the changes. Perhaps a similar situation would be permissible to you?"

Xandros looked over at Alriana and Tavaryn and frowned as he saw him kiss her hand. It appears that many things have changed since I was frozen. He thought as he continued to observe him before turning back to Fen'Harel.

"Would it be possible for me to stay with the Shinigami delegation for now? Before I learn more I would like to learn more about what happened to the Shinigami and Avalon in the hundred years I was frozen. Have there been any significant changes?"

"As to dinner. Please come when you are able."

Belina smiled. "I'll be there soon then. I'm going to head back to my quarters after taking care of a few things first though."

Belina looked over at Xandros and felt a slight pang of sorrow. It had been a hundred years since he had been out of that cryopod. She walked over and placed a hand on his shoulder. "If you want to stick around for a bit then you are welcome to stay aboard the Ackbar for as long as you want. Consider this your home for as long as you wish."

She had a sudden idea. "Excuse me...but I have to make a call." She said as she walked over to the far end of the hanger and opened up a comnlink to a contact of hers on Tatooine.

"This is Belina...Viron. I know you can hear me Viron. You always leave your comnlink on so pick up!"

Tatooine

Red Rodian Cantina

Viron looked down at his comnlink in irritation as it went off. Only one person know his comnlink code and he knew she would keep calling him until he either picked up or he destroyed the comnlink.

He sighed and answered it. "This is Viron."

Ackbar

"Perhaps...Perhaps not. You cannot keep us prisoner forever."

Tariq glanced at the prisoner, "Perhaps that is true. I heard that the Shinigami are known for killing their prisoners." He didn't know if it was true or not but he had heard the stories about that organization and how sometimes they were perceived as assassins. He never asked the LT about it but maybe he might as well in the near future.

"I'm going to make sure your not in there for very long. I know your very anxious to see Kaillian and to be honest I want to see her too. That means we're going to go there as soon as possible."

Tavaryn rubbed his arm where she punched him. "Hey you know I bruise easily. Do you want me to be in the clutches of the viper?" The punch didn't hurt but he always made a show if it to tease her since she knew he had worse and he had the scars to prove it. He then said, "Since I found my siblings, the part that hasn't been blackened by my time with the Shinigami, I've wanted nothing more than my family, so you're right that I want to see Kaillian and I'm glad that you want to as well." He smiled at her continuing to hold her hands in his. "Besides um... there's something I wanted to ask you in private as well. Shall we head to our quarters?"

"Still...why would they trust a goverment with the name "Undying Sith Empire"? The sith have always brought nothing but death and destruction. You think people would have learned by now."

Fen'Harel replied, "You would think but memories tend to be short and there are many who do not understand the difference."

Fen'Harel then noticed Zandros looking over at the Jedi and Tavaryn and he watched as well as they shared a personal moment. He saw the expression flit across Xandros' face and shrewdly guessed at what was going on. He said nothing though but listened to the boy talk. There would be time later.

"Would it be possible for me to stay with the Shinigami delegation for now? Before I learn more I would like to learn more about what happened to the Shinigami and Avalon in the hundred years I was frozen. Have there been any significant changes?"

Fen'Harel thought for a moment. Perhaps having him remain on the Ackbar in the presence of the Jedi and Tavaryn would do him some good. He replied, "I don't see any reason why not. From the looks of things I'll be here for quite awhile and Tavaryn has duties here as the Sentinel. As for what has happened, after the Empire was declared, Avalon officially withdrew stating that it would not support the Galactic Empire. Of course they were considered traitors but then they were instrumental in helping the Rebellion. Avalon has repeated history now that the Undying Empire has made its move. They have withdrawn from the Republic and continue to help us fight against the Sith."

Fen'Harel looked at the boy to see how well he was digesting this information. He said, "If you want time to think things over, you are more than welcome to. Ask any questions you like."

Ackbar

"Perhaps that is true. I heard that the Shinigami are known for killing their prisoners."

"I must confess I know little about the shinigami. But why would we care? We are one hundred years in the future, the empire has been wiped out and we have been captured. What awaits us? Death? Torture? Imprisonment?"

"Besides um... there's something I wanted to ask you in private as well. Shall we head to our quarters?"

Alriana paused for a moment. There was no way he could know yet. Unless someone had spoken but she doubted it. "Of course. I doubt Jun-la and Matton would like it if we showed up wearing the clothes we fought in."

"You would think but memories tend to be short and there are many who do not understand the difference."

Xandros sighed again. "It really doesn't matter does it. No matter what seems to happen the sith always return. No matter how many times we apparently vanquish them they always return."

"If you want time to think things over, you are more than welcome to. Ask any questions you like."

Xandros shook his head. "I think I need to spar with someone to clear my head. Waking up a hundred years in the future is a bit much. Is there anyone who you would recommend I could fight against?"

Ackbar Training Room.

"Next." Xeran called out as his latest opponet hit the ground with a thud before crawling away to the side. A large wookiee entered the ring with a smile on his furry face. He probably thinks his size gives him an advantage. Xeran thought smugly as he dropped into a fighting stance.

The wookiee charged at him and Xeran simply moved out of the way and grabbed the wookiee by the arm and slammed him into a wall. The wookiee howled with rage and took a swipe at him only to have Xeran catch his arm and start to bend it.

The wookiee tapped the floor, the signal that he had to give up. Xeran smiled. He enjoyed fighting.

"Next." He called again.

"This is Viron."

"Viron...this is Admiral Belina aboard the Ackbar. As you know you owe me a few favors. If you can get me the info I need we'll be done. You won't ever hear from me again."

Viron was aout to answer when the door to the cantina suddenly opened and two black robed figures entered the cantina. One of them had a double-bladed lightsaber and the other had a wicked looking vibroblade.

"Hold on. I might have to get back to you." he said as he reached for his blaster.

Ackbar

"I must confess I know little about the shinigami. But why would we care? We are one hundred years in the future, the empire has been wiped out and we have been captured. What awaits us? Death? Torture? Imprisonment?"

Tariq opened the door to the specialized brig for Force Users and showed the prisoner in. He replied, "Interrogation for starters. At least the LT is more inclined to ask questions first."

"Of course. I doubt Jun-la and Matton would like it if we showed up wearing the clothes we fought in."

Tavaryn chuckled, "I doubt that as well."

Without releasing her hand, he led her towards the main doors that would lead to the lifts. He paused by Jun-la who merely said, "Kaillian is waiting." Jun-la then said in a conspiratorial whisper to Alriana, "Don't forget to have you know who on stand by."

Tavaryn gave a slight clearing of his throat before leading Alriana out to the lifts. He keyed in the level where their quarters are and stood back just to look at her. He smiled and then said, "For some reason I get the distinct impression that there is something different about you. Nothing bad... you just look more... beautiful."

"It really doesn't matter does it. No matter what seems to happen the sith always return. No matter how many times we apparently vanquish them they always return."

Fen'Harel replied, "Everything must be balanced. It is the way of things." He had reiterated the basic lessons that all young Avalonians learned when they first began their training in the way of the sword.

"I think I need to spar with someone to clear my head. Waking up a hundred years in the future is a bit much. Is there anyone who you would recommend I could fight against?"

"I am sure that the admiral will know of someone. I believe that there is the commander of the elite squad known as Alpha team. They are considered the best and they do have residence here on the ship. I also think that there are a few others. I would ask the admiral." Fen'Harel looked at the boy. Perhaps it wold be wrong for him to interact with Tavaryn so much but they were both brothers of the shadows. He also felt bad since he did notice the look Xandros had when he spotted Tavayrn kissing the Jedi. That could lead to some problems but they would have to work it out. He then said, "I am glad that you are still alive Xandros."

Naboo

"Only an idiot would put an access panel on the inside of a prison cell." Kalla commented, before noticing the force fields keeping them in their cells. "But then again, only an idiot would use a force field here instead of something more solid. That shouldn't be too hard to disrupt. I know we'll get out of this, but I'm worried about what the Sith want with our child, or at least unborn Jedi children and their parents."

Ackbar

"Interrogation for starters. At least the LT is more inclined to ask questions first."

The Dark jedi smiled and couldn't help but laugh. "Do you honestly think that we know anything of value? We're a hundred years less advanced then you! What do you expect to learn?"

"For some reason I get the distinct impression that there is something different about you. Nothing bad... you just look more... beautiful."

Thanks for the compliment. She sent as her cheeks turned red. I appreciate it. She looked over at Tavaryn and smiled. "What did I do to deserve someone as wonderful as you?"

"I am glad that you are still alive Xandros."

Xandros cracked a small smile. "I'm glad that I'm still alive as well." he said as one of the surviving security team members walked up to them after overhearing their conversation.

I believe that there is the commander of the elite squad known as Alpha team. They are considered the best and they do have residence here on the ship. I also think that there are a few others. I would ask the admiral."

"Very well."

Xandros turned from Fen'harel to the approaching crewmember.

"Please excuse me for interrupting your conversation but I believe I know of someone you could spar with. His name is Xeran and he enjoys sparring with anyone he can find. He's a very talanted combatant and even Jedi Haltra is barely able to keep up with him."

Xandros smiled as he heard this. He knew he wasn't a match for a Shinigami in his current state. It would be nice to warm up with someone who wasn't as trained in combat as a Shinigami was. He didn't want to make anyone look bad...he simply wanted to fight someone at his current level of strength.

Naboo

"But then again, only an idiot would use a force field here instead of something more solid. That shouldn't be too hard to disrupt. I know we'll get out of this, but I'm worried about what the Sith want with our child, or at least unborn Jedi children and their parents."

Tonatius took a look at the access panel. He gave a wry grin and said, "Remember what you said about being an idiot and placing one of these things on the inside of a prison? Well there's a reason. This thing is shot so I can't press a button. I can try to hotwire it." He waved his multi tool at her to indicate what he was going to do. "Bad thing is that this will take time."

He started to work on the panel after opening it. He had some lessons from Andros but he was not a slicer by nature. He then said, "I wish your brother was here. He's the wire expert, not me."

Ackbar

"Do you honestly think that we know anything of value? We're a hundred years less advanced then you! What do you expect to learn?"

Tariq activated the Force inhibitors in the cell before activating the Force fields. He replied, "Maybe you know something, maybe not. We've learned to question everything strange that pops up."

"What did I do to deserve someone as wonderful as you?"

Tavaryn smiled as he saw the blush appear. If anything it made her more desirable. He replied, "That's what I often ask of myself: Why would the most beautiful and resourceful woman ever want to be with me?" Tavaryn then began to run a finger through one of the loose tresses of hair much in the same manner he did when they met each other on the Ackbar. They had been in battle then too and he chuckled. Looking at her he explained, "Just remembering when you came back into my life. We seem destined to be together in battle."

Andros looked at his father, "Well I know about the configurations. They've been transmitting for awhile now." He then felt something shiver up his spine. He then asked, "Father, do you think they could be in trouble?"

"I'm glad that I'm still alive as well."

Fen'Harel gave a smile to the boy. He waited while the security officer explained about training partners. He could see the determination in the boy's eyes. It's what made him particularly effective. Then as if he could read the boy's thoughts, "You are still one of us. Don't be afraid to look to your Brothers for help in training. From my understanding Tavaryn is a good teacher when it comes to combat. But the choice is yours and this Xeran may be helpful though I am surprised he hasn't challenged him yet."

Ackbar

"Maybe you know something, maybe not. We've learned to question everything strange that pops up."

The dark jedi smiled an evil smile as the taller one began to wake up. "I think it would be wise to let you know something: We will escape...and I promise you that I will find you before I leave this ship."

"That's what I often ask of myself: Why would the most beautiful and resourceful woman ever want to be with me?"

Alriana smiled and playfully punched him on the shoulder. "You were there to help me...and to be honest your not exactly bad looking." She said playfully. "Besides...you are exactly what I was looking for in a man. Kind...strong...and you have a sense of humor that I love."

"Just remembering when you came back into my life. We seem destined to be together in battle."

"I really hope that changes one day. I'm getting sick of everyone we meet fighting us. Someday I would like to just have at least a week without someone trying to kill us."

You are still one of us. Don't be afraid to look to your Brothers for help in training. From my understanding Tavaryn is a good teacher when it comes to combat. But the choice is yours and this Xeran may be helpful though I am surprised he hasn't challenged him yet."

Xandros smiled. "Don't worry, I plan on sparring with him as soon as I'm up to full strength. This...Xeran person might prove to be a challenging opponet." He turned to the solder who had told him about Xeran. "Where may I find this Xeran?"

"He can usually be found in the training room on deck seven. Just take the lift to deck seven and go to the end of the corridor. I should warn you...Some people think Xeran is a bit...unstable."

Ackbar

"You were there to help me...and to be honest your not exactly bad looking." "Besides...you are exactly what I was looking for in a man. Kind...strong...and you have a sense of humor that I love."

"You mean my witty one liners and self deprecating humor? Awww," Tavaryn replied with a chuckle. He pulled Alriana into an embrace giving him the opportunity to whisper in her ear, "Perhaps I could give you lessons in my brand of humor. I was told I was a good teacher."

Just then the lift signaled that it arrived on their deck. Tavaryn reluctantly let her go but took her hand and led her out when the door opened.

"I really hope that changes one day. I'm getting sick of everyone we meet fighting us. Someday I would like to just have at least a week without someone trying to kill us."

"You know we did meet someone that didn't want to kill us. The Shinigami that was frozen didn't attack us. So that's one," Tavaryn then said as he walked with her. It wasn't a long walk to their quarters and ever being the gentleman, he let her pass him first before walking in. He gave a slight sigh wondering best how to say what was on his mind.

Don't worry, I plan on sparring with him as soon as I'm up to full strength.

Fen'Harel chuckled. "More likely he'll let you have a go at him whether you're at full strength or not."

"I think it would be wise to let you know something: We will escape...and I promise you that I will find you before I leave this ship."

Tariq just stared at the dark Jedi and said, "You'd be better off going after the LT. He's the one with the lightsaber experience and a wicked blade."

Archived