Home

Star Wars: The Sith Resurrection Part IX: The Eleventh Hour

Ackbar

"It's a small holo-music player. You press one of the buttons and it plays a short child's song. I really didn't know what else to get her."

Jun-la smiled as she accepted the package. She then teased, "Yes I am sure such 'contraband' would be difficult to get through. Thank you." She then shifted Kaillian who was regarding the admiral with a curious gaze. The baby then reached over and pulled on one of the medals on the Admiral's uniform. "Pity" Kaillian said.

Jun-la replied, "Yes pretty." She then offered Kaillian to the admiral. "It's all right admiral. She won't bite... if you are watching her." She grinned as she said it.

At that moment, Kaillian started wriggling. She felt something in her mind and in response shouted in her mind Go away! Jun-la sensed it as well and added mentally a protection with a clear warning.

Tavaryn finished drying his hair when he felt something tug at the back of his mind. He whipped around as if he sensed something or someone was there and ended up knocking over some jars that had things that women used along with the soap. They clattered to the ground as he looked around, trying to see who did that. Hastily he picked up everything and put it back on the counter, making more noise and a cluttered mess.

"Are you ready to go?"

Distracted from his search, Tavaryn opened the door and stepped out. He stammered out, "Yes. I'm ready." He gave a smile and held out his elbow, "Shall we my dear?"

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ackbar

"Yes I am sure such 'contraband' would be difficult to get through. Thank you."

Belina smiled slyly. "You'd be suprised. We don't often keep children's toys aboard the Ackbar."

"It's all right admiral. She won't bite... if you are watching her."

Admiral Belina took the offered child who was wiggling and gently took her in her arms. "Is something wrong with her?" Belina asked with concern evident in her eyes.

Go away!

Corial concentrated as he pulled away from the child and Tavaryn and then focused on yet another force-user...this one was confused...and he hadn't been on the Republic flagship before. This was a new mind. He gently reached out and touched it...

And then was nearly slammed off balance as the mind he was touching sent some sort of feedback through the link that kicked him out of his mind and closed it off. But before the mind closed entirely three words were sent through the link...something that made him slightly nervous.

You are prey...

Xandros had finished up his match against Xeran but there had been no clear winner, the two of them were evenly matched. He couldn't help but smile at some of the tactics Xeran had used and he agreed with what some of the people had said about Xeran.

He was clearly slightly crazy.

He was about to head back down to talk to Fen'harel when he felt a sudden intrusion in his mind. After only a moment of thought he sent a burst of force energy back along the link. He could tell three things from the intrusion. One: whoever this was wasn't aboard the ship. Two: Whoever was doing this did not have pure intentions and three: it was most likely a dark force user.

Just before he closed off his mind he sent a message through the link...something that would be understood.

You are prey...

"Shall we my dear?"

Alriana locked elbows with Tavaryn and smiled but the smile faded slightly when she saw the look in his eyes. "Are you alright?" She asked gently.

Naboo

Once she was able to take down one of the Troopers with a deflected blaster bolt, Kalla reached out with the force and threw his blaster rifle to Markath. With the added support, they were able to press towards the Troopers, and make short work of them at close range, where they had the upper hand.

"First sign of a jailbreak, the whole place seals down. Passkeys won't work from the inside." Markath pointed out as Kalla pulled a key of the corpse of one of the Troopers.

"We'll figure something out." She replied.

Tython system

All told, Kavrik Zall spent five hours on Tatooine. Directly after accepting the job from Admiral Belina, he hired a mechanic to perform a full checkup of the Freedom and was informed to his pleasure that there was less to repair than he'd anticipated. The Freedom was a tougher ship than she looked. The hyperdrive had been knocked out of alignment and would require some work, but the ship had retracted the landing gear as soon as it had detected the impending crash landing. There were a few minor issues the mechanic also pointed out, but Kavrik was confident he could handle them on his own. The ship was also running low on power reserves and fuel, but both were easily remedied.

His second order of business, while the mechanic saw to the necessary repairs, was to visit a local-based courier with a reputation for shady operations. They arranged a deal in which the courier would deliver a heavily drugged Nasrene Kaytlen to an undesired family reunion and Kavrik would ensure that some of her grandparents' money would find its way into the courier's pocket.

When at last Kavrik arrived in the Tython system, he was not surprised to find the Akbar already waiting.

"Open a com channel," he told Lys.

"Channel open," she answered.

"Akbar, my ship is the Freedom," Kavrik said, "and my name is Kavrik Zall. I've accepted employment from your Admiral Belina. Requesting permission to board."

Ackbar

"Is something wrong with her?"

Jun-la had been focusing on the intruder to her daughter's mind and she sent a menacing emotion through to make her point. She diverted her attention back to the admiral and answered, "I think someone is trying to reach through the Force. It is not a friendly presence at all. However I think someone besides me gave a clear warning."

She then smiled and said, "Kaillian is sensitive but she'll be find. She can do things that most younglings are taught. Come on in and have a seat."

"Are you alright?"

Tavaryn had been focusing on the intrusion in his mind that he almost didn't hear Alriana speak. It was familiar and he didn't like it. He frowned a moment before he diverted his attention away from it to answer Alriana's question, "No I'm not. Someone was reaching out and it wasn't friendly." He focused again and he sensed agitation from... "How cruel!" He suddenly said.

Naboo

"We'll figure something out."

Tonatius looked at the passkey and the control panel. He asked "Should I attempt a hotwiring?"

Naboo

"Wouldn't work. There's no power going to the panel at all." Markath pointed out.

"But the corresponding panel is on the other side, right?" Kalla asked.

"Yes, of course, why-" Markath was about to say, only to be cut off by Kalla driving her lightsabre through the panel, and disabling the force field that was keeping them in.

"I've learned a thing or two about this design from my brother. The control panel ultimately controls power to the force field generator, which requires a signal from one or both panels in order to work. Breaking it is a simple matter of destroying both panels, which takes little short of a lightsabre, however." Kalla explained.

Ackbar Bridge

"Akbar, my ship is the Freedom, and my name is Kavrik Zall. I've accepted employment from your Admiral Belina. Requesting permission to board."

Garja, who had stopped by the bridge for one last look before enjoying his day off hit one of the controls.

"Freedom, this is Admiral Garja aboard the Ackbar. You are cleared to dock in docking bay three. After you arrive I inform the Admiral of your arrival. I will most likely be meeting with you in one of the conferance rooms."

Garja sighed. It looked like his day off was going to have to wait.

"I think someone is trying to reach through the Force. It is not a friendly presence at all. However I think someone besides me gave a clear warning."

"I'm sorry to hear that." Belina said and she honestly was. It was times like this she was glad she wasn't able to feel the force. "Is this something that I should warn my security officer of when she arrives?"

"Kaillian is sensitive but she'll be find. She can do things that most younglings are taught. Come on in and have a seat."

Belina smiled and sat down in one of the chairs. She sniffed the air and her eyes lit up. "Wow. Something smells good. If I may ask what is being made?"

"No I'm not. Someone was reaching out and it wasn't friendly."

Alriana narrowed her eyes and reached out through the force and found nothing out of the ordinary. "Whatever it is must have left. I can't sense anything."

"How cruel!"

Alriana looked over at Tavaryn. "What happened?" She asked urgently. "Is whatever it is back?!"

Ackbar

"Is this something that I should warn my security officer of when she arrives?"

Jun-la gave a slight shake of her head, "More the likely she would have sensed it. If it is a concern we will bring it up. That is a promise." Jun-la then led the way into the sitting area. When Belina was seated, she handed her daughter over.

Having gotten over what was troubling her, Kaillian started playing with the insignias on Belina's uniforn, tugging at them. "Pitties"

Jun-la smiled at her daughter's antics.

"Wow. Something smells good. If I may ask what is being made?"

"Finally someone who appreciates fine cooking," Matton called as he left the kitchenette. Jun-la couldn't stop laughing at the sight of him having a towel wrapped around his waist and it was covered with grease. He crossed his arms looking cocky and added, "As to the menu, it's an Avalonian delicacy. I just hope you are handy with them poky sticks they use to eat with."

"What happened?" "Is whatever it is back?!"

Tavaryn realized that he had started a panic in Alriana when he felt her urgency. He felt like an idiot at the moment since she had been tired lately. The last thing she needed was stress but then again she would more likely hit him if he didn't say anything. Taking a breath, he replied in low tones designed to calm her down, "It was familiar and I was able to sense Kaillian's agitation. I think it's a feeler but it is familiar. Luckily Xandros and Jun-la left a clear warning. I am sorry if I upset you."

Naboo

Tonatius looked at the smoldering mess and the disabled field. He gave a wry grin and said, "Well that works." He readied his blade and led the way out, taking the lead to detect any potential threats. He then asked Markath, "Where do we go from here?"

Ackbar

"Pitties"

Belina smiled as she looked down at the child playing with the insignias and an idea came to mind. She gently took off one of the medals and folded back the pointy bit so it wouldn't present any danger and gave it to Kaillian. "There you go little one, now you can say that your the only child on the Ackbar with a medal of honor."

"As to the menu, its an Avalonian delicacy. I just hope you are handy with them poky sticks they use to eat with."

"I'm sorry to say that I'm not that used to them. But I am willing to give it a try." Belina said trying to keep a straight face.

"It was familiar and I was able to sense Kaillian's agitation. I think it's a feeler but it is familiar. Luckily Xandros and Jun-la left a clear warning. I am sorry if I upset you."

Alriana couldn't help but be worried but she knew that if whoever it was showed up they would have to deal with the full force of the Ackbar's crew. As for it being familiar...she would ask about that later.

"Don't worry, I was just a bit concerned." She said in a reassured tone of voice. "I think we should head on down to Jun-la's quarters and make sure Kaillian is alright. Plus...to be honest I am getting a bit hungry."

She raised a hand to Tavaryn and shook her finger. "No jokes about me being hungry." She said with a smile on her face.

Naboo

"This way, follow me." Markath instructed, but Kalla said, "You go on ahead, I'll catch up with you in a moment."

Once Tonatius and Markath turned a corner, they heard an unpleasant noise that sounded like it came from Kalla, and when Kalla rejoined them, they could see that her face was noticeably more pale than usual.

"Are you sure you're alright, miss?" Markath asked.

Ackbar

"There you go little one, now you can say that your the only child on the Ackbar with a medal of honor."

Kaillian grabbed the medal and held it up. "Pity." The two year old then wrapped her arms around Belina's neck. "Tank you, Beli"

Jun-la smiled and said, "I think you have a new friend Admiral."

Matton, after hearing the admiral's comments about being able to use the eating utensils, he said, "Before you know it, she'll be wanting to join you on the bridge if you keep that up." He grinned before heading back into the kitchenette to finish what he was doing.

Kaillian laughed some more and said, "Tavy coming!"

"I think we should head on down to Jun-la's quarters and make sure Kaillian is alright. Plus...to be honest I am getting a bit hungry." "No jokes about me being hungry."

Tavaryn chuckled as Alriana wagged her finger at him. His dark mood was temporary abated but not forgotten. There would be plenty of time to worry about that later. Kaillian mattered now. He reached out tentatively, exercising his Force faculties and reached out to the child. He had always been aware of her presence but he never had the chance to physically see her. When he reached out, she let out a squeal of joy and he was bombarded with her emotions of joy and love. He chuckled and said to Alriana, "I think Kaillian's fine. She's happy now."

He reached for Alriana's hand and engulfed it in his large ones before gently tucking it into his elbow. He then led the way to the lift since Jun-la was on the deck above theirs. He smiled slyly and said, "It is true that I like a girl with a good appetite."

Naboo

"You go on ahead, I'll catch up with you in a moment."

Tonatius gave a look towards Kalla before following Markath around the corner. He had a suspicion of what this was about and was concerned. He said nothing until she caught up with them. Right away he noticed her pale expression. He asked silently, The baby?

Ackbar

"I think you have a new friend Admiral."

Belina couldn't help but smile. At one point in her life she had thought about settling down and starting a family but with the fall of the republic and managing the resistance forces, the opportunity would most likely never present itself.

"You know...if you ever need a babysitter for her I'd be willing to do it." Belina said quietly. "I can always lock up the blasters and swords in my cabin when you need a babysitter."

"Before you know it, she'll be wanting to join you on the bridge if you keep that up."

Belina couldn't contain her laughter. She burst out laughing at the thought of what garja would say if a child came on the bridge. "I honestly think that Garja would most likely faint if she came on the bridge with me."

"I think Kaillian's fine. She's happy now."

Alriana grinned. "How much do you want to bet that the Admiral decided to get a present for her?"

"It is true that I like a girl with a good appetite."

Alriana glared at him and then playfully punched him in the arm using her free hand. "What did I say about eating jokes?" She asked in a mock serious voice.

Ackbar

"You know...if you ever need a babysitter for her I'd be willing to do it." Belina said quietly. "I can always lock up the blasters and swords in my cabin when you need a babysitter."

Jun-la studied her daughter as she was clinging to the admiral's neck. Kaillian was perceptive for a toddler and seemed to make friends with even the crustiest of men. One of the engineers was won over when she offered him a cookie once. She replied, "That is a gracious offer Admiral and you are always welcome to drop by and say hello."

"I honestly think that Garja would most likely faint if she came on the bridge with me."

Matton laughed at that comment ans shouted from the kitchenette, "Oh I think Kaillian will turn him into a softie before that happens."

Kaillian bounced up and down in the admiral's arms as she told the admiral again, "Tavy coming!"

"How much do you want to bet that the Admiral decided to get a present for her?"

Tavaryn hummed a chuckle as he pressed the button to wait for the lift. He replied, "I'm not betting anything. I know that Belina got her something but I'm willing to be Kaillian charmed something else out of her."

When Alriana playfully punched him after his not to subtle eating jokes he said in mock hurt, "I told you I bruise easily. Besides you're the one providing the material for comedic relief my dear." He kissed her forehead.

Ackbar

"That is a gracious offer Admiral and you are always welcome to drop by and say hello."

Belina smiled again. "Thank you for the offer, rest assured I will most likely take you up on that."

"Oh I think Kaillian will turn him into a softie before that happens."

Belina laughed again, this time a bit more softly. "She might be able to do that. I like to think that his time among us has softend Garja's heart a bit since his time with the Empire."

"Tavy coming!"

She paused for a moment as she processed what Kaillian was saying before finally getting it. "Oh...Tavaryn is on his way." she said softly. "So tell me...has she been looking forward to seeing tavaryn?"

"I'm not betting anything. I know that Belina got her something but I'm willing to be Kaillian charmed something else out of her."

Alriana chuckled. "Belina may seem a bit harsh sometimes but I bet your right. I've seen her soft side a few times and I also know that she has a soft spot for kids. I wonder what Belina got for her though?"

"I told you I bruise easily. Besides you're the one providing the material for comedic relief my dear."

Belina mockingly narrowed her eyes. "Well...I'm not trying to. You just watch it, one of these days your going to slip up and then I'll be able to get a joke in at you."

Naboo

Yeah Kalla sent back. Then, she said to Markath, "It's nothing."

"Your friend doesn't seem to think it's nothing." Markath commented.

Recognising that she and Tonatius could trust the King, Kalla stated, "That's because I'm carrying his child. So it is nothing, or at least nothing I wasn't expecting."

"This no place for-" Markath was about to say before Kalla interrupted.

"A pregnant woman? I know, but there's not much we can do about that." Kalla replied.

"Come on then." The King conceded.

When the trio made it outside, they saw that situation was just as Kalla predicted; the Naboo had begun their revolt already. The Royal Guard had turned on their Sith "comrades" and ordinary citizens retaliated with weapons they had either stolen or stashed away.

"There's a broadcast system set up in the throne room. Under the circumstances, that would have to be the best way to address the people." Markath stated.

Naboo

"There's a broadcast system set up in the throne room. Under the circumstances, that would have to be the best way to address the people."

Tonatius watched Kalla without betraying his concern as they made their way out. Once the King spoke of the broadcast system, he had a thought, "We could still use it couldn't we? Alert the people that their king is free and ready to stand by them?"

Ackbar

"Well...I'm not trying to. You just watch it, one of these days your going to slip up and then I'll be able to get a joke in at you."

Tavaryn replied, "You already did. With my name."

When the lift signaled their level, he stepped out and held out a hand to Alriana. He gave one of his more charming smiles as he adressed her, "May I have the pleasure milady?"

"She might be able to do that. I like to think that his time among us has softend Garja's heart a bit since his time with the Empire."

"You never know. I've seen harder men fall at the sight of a child," Jun-la replied.

"So tell me...has she been looking forward to seeing tavaryn?"

Kaillian bounced up and down on Belina's lap as she repeated, "Tavy coming!"

Jun-la laughed a little at her daughter's excitement. She then answered Belina's question, "Up until now, she had never met him. Just my brother and father. She hasn't even seen my father's sister yet."

Jun-la then observed her daughter watching the door. She looked like a little puppy waiting for a treat. She then added, "I think she knew he was family the minute she started showing signs of her powers. So I can say that she is looking forward to meeting him."

Ackbar

"May I have the pleasure milady?"

Alriana took the offered hand and smiled. "You may." She had a sudden thought as she took Tavaryn's hand. "I just remembered, I didn't grab anything for Kaillian...did you happen to grab a toy or something for her?"

"I think she knew he was family the minute she started showing signs of her powers. So I can say that she is looking forward to meeting him."

Belina couldn't help but laugh at the sight of Kaillian bouncing up and down on her lap and then watching the door. "I'm glad she's finally going to meet him. But I hope she comes soon so the two of them can finally meet. I don't think Kaillian can wait much longer." she said jokingly.

"Freedom, this is Admiral Garja aboard the Ackbar. You are cleared to dock in docking bay three. After you arrive I inform the Admiral of your arrival. I will most likely be meeting with you in one of the conferance rooms."

Flicking off the com system, Kavrik aimed the ship for the designated docking bay. As he touched down inside it and sent ship systems into standby, he spoke.

"Lys, Freedom's got sophisticated scanning systems," he said. "Now that we're inside their defenses, run a quick scan, tell me how many Force-sensitives we have aboard. No, scratch that. Just tell me how many trained ones."

"There are a lot of people aboard," Lys answered. "Sorting Force-sensitives from non-Force-sensitives will take time, and then further sorting the trained from the untrained..."

"Yeah, yeah," Kavrik interrupted. "Just send the results to me when you're finished, thanks."

"If you say so."

Satisfied, Kavrik left the ship.

Naboo

"My thoughts exactly." Markath replied. "I suppose I should leave Lord Sykal to the two of you."

"Even if I wasn't a Jedi, he threatened our child. I can't let that pass." Kalla explained.

"I understand, may the Force be with both of you." Markath said to the two of them.

Before they went their separate ways, Kalla asked, "Won't you need our help?"

"What I need from you is to deal with that Sith Lord. Others will help me reach my goal." Markath explained.

Ackbar

"I'm glad she's finally going to meet him. But I hope she comes soon so the two of them can finally meet. I don't think Kaillian can wait much longer."

Kaillian bounced up and down some more and said, "Alri and Tavy!" She then grabbed Belina in a hug and squeezed.

Jun-la laughed as her daughter took to 'strangling' Belina. She said, "I think all this excitment will make it easier later this evening."

"I just remembered, I didn't grab anything for Kaillian...did you happen to grab a toy or something for her?"

Tavaryn gave a wry grin and replied, "Well you did grab a toy for Kaillian. Me."

Before he said anything else he tapped on the door to his niece's quarters and was given the signal to go on in. Once inside he greeted everyone but was interrupted when something collided with his legs. Looking down he saw an ecstatic two year old girl trying to climb up his body. Laughing he helped her up and said, "Well I certainly wasn't expecting that."

"Tavy!" Kaillian cried and grabbed him tight around the neck.

Tavaryn turned to look at Alriana and said, "See what I mean? I am the toy." Kaillian just giggled and she continued to squeeze Tavaryn in a tight embrace.

Naboo

"What I need from you is to deal with that Sith Lord. Others will help me reach my goal."

Tonatius gave a wry grin. "Hunting Sith Lords does make the day seem a whole lot better." He looked around to make sure that they were secure from the enemy. He then said, "Alright so we take care of the Sith Lord and you make your announcement. Anything else we shoudl know about?"

"Sykal's strength lies largely in making people fear him, but I have my doubts about how well founded those fears are. He carries a lightsaber, but I have never seen him use it. Instead, he lets his Death Guards do all the work. If you can single him out, he shouldn't be much trouble." Markath explained. "One of the more contested locations would be the Royal Hangar. If we can take it, we'd be able to launch an attack directly against their blockade. You'll likely find Sykal there."

"Thank you." Kalla replied, and led Tonatius out and in the direction of the hangar.

Ackbar

"Admiral Garja. The Freedom is performing some sort of scan on us. I can't tell what their scanning for though."

Garja waited for the comn officer to open up a channel before he spoke. "This is Admiral Garja to the Freedom. If I may ask what are you scanning for?"

Garja motioned to the securty officer who was on duty to prepare a security team just in case.

"Well I certainly wasn't expecting that."

Alriana watched with one of her eyebrows raised as Kaillian attempted to climb up Tavaryn and she laughed as she hugged Tavaryn around the neck.

"See what I mean? I am the toy."

Alriana simply laughed again. "It looks like your the best possible gift we could have gotten her. I hope she doesn't wear you out."

Ackbar

"It looks like your the best possible gift we could have gotten her. I hope she doesn't wear you out."

Tavaryn didn't say anything for Kaillian spotted Alriana and shouted, "Alri! Lookie Pitty!" She held up the medal that Belina gave her. She wriggled so much that she flopped over Tavaryn's shoulder trying to grab the Jedi. "Tavy want to show Alri pitty!"

It was like trying to hold Murasaki when she was that age yet to Tavaryn, he was used to it and grabbed Kaillian to keep her from falling off. He stepped backwards to be within reaching distance and held on while Kaillian waved the medal around.

"See Alri. Pitty!" Kaillian shoved the medal in Alriana's face.

Jun-la was laughing and Matton came out with a few platters balanced on his arms. He said, "Is that laughter I hear?"

Jun-la replied, "Indeed and plenty more. Am I right Admiral?"

Naboo

Tonatius followed Kalla to the hangar bay, determined to find this Sith Lord and end the trouble on this planet. He knew Kalla was anxious too and more more reasons. He stayed a pace behind to watch out for her back. When then were closer to the hangar, he asked, "So how do we take this Sith Lord?"

Akbar

"This is Admiral Garja to the Freedom. If I may ask what are you scanning for?"

Before answering Garja, Lysandra opened a secure channel to an implant behind Kavrik's right ear. "Kav, the Akbar is pretty sophisticated. They detected my scan, though they were not able to determine its purpose."

"Well, you're in an older ship," Kavrik reasoned. "Makes sense they'd catch it. Tell them what it's doing and why I want it. Then offer to cancel if they'd prefer to give me the information the old-fashioned way." A beat. "And tell them I've left the Freedom and want to know where they want me to meet them."

Satisfied, Lysandra opened a channel to Garja. "Certainly," she told him. "I am running a scan on request of my captain. First pass will confirm your crew count. Second pass will determine number of Force-sensitives. Third pass will detect which of these has had basic training. Fourth pass will single out how many have received extensive training."

After a brief pause, she went on, "I expect you'll be asking next what the hell Kavrik Zall needs with such a report, and I am authorized to tell you. He's a very unusual man. Force-sensitives can tell. He wants to be aware of them so he can set them at ease when they become uncomfortable by his presence.

"If however you prefer to introduce him to your Jedi face-to-face and deal with their discomfort in one fell swoop, I can and will terminate this scan immediately upon your request. Also, Captain Zall is standing just outside the Freedom now and he's asking where you want him to meet you."

Ackbar

"I am running a scan on request of my captain. First pass will confirm your crew count. Second pass will determine number of Force-sensitives. Third pass will detect which of these has had basic training. Fourth pass will single out how many have received extensive training."

Garja looked over at the security officer and motioned for him to stand down. He had to admit that he was a bit confused as to why they were running scans for force sensatives but there was no law against it.

"I am running a scan on request of my captain. First pass will confirm your crew count. Second pass will determine number of Force-sensitives. Third pass will detect which of these has had basic training. Fourth pass will single out how many have received extensive training."

"If however you prefer to introduce him to your Jedi face-to-face and deal with their discomfort in one fell swoop, I can and will terminate this scan immediately upon your request. Also, Captain Zall is standing just outside the Freedom now and he's asking where you want him to meet you."

"We have one jedi serving as our chief security officer at the moment and he will most likely be meeting her once he meets with Admiral Belina in around a days time. You may continue your scan for as long as you need. As to where you may meet with me, I will be waiting for him in Briefing room two on deck fourteen. If he wants me to I can send one of my crewmembers down to escort him."

"See Alri. Pitty!"

Alriana laughed again as Kaillian showed her the medal. She looked over at Belina and laughed again. "I see that she managed to charm you out of one of your medals Admiral."

Belina looked back at her and sighed. "I just couldn't resist the face. I have a feeling before this night is done I'm going to be missing a few medals."

"Is that laughter I hear?"

Both Alriana and Belina looked over at Matton who had a few platters on his arms. Belina smiled at him and Alriana felt her stomach grumble slightly. She hadn't eaten recently and she was a bit hungry.

"Indeed and plenty more. Am I right Admiral?"

"Indeed you are." Belina said as another smile broke out on her face. "I'm almost tempted to hand over another one of my medals to Kaillian though." Belina looked over at Matton and sniffed the air.

"I must say again...whatever it is your cooking really smells good." She commented.

Archived