Home

Batman: Arkham City

ChAiNz.2da

huh.. figured there would've been a thread by now.. hehe

Anywho.. Collector's Edition goodies announced.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today unveiled details and images for this fall's highly-anticipated Batman: Arkham City Collector's Edition. The package will be available in limited quantities for $99 beginning Oct. 18, 2011 in North America for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Source

Doubt I'll get the CE, but I know for sure I'll be buying the game. Pre-Orders supposedly will have the playable Robin character as well.

The first game was pretty freaking awesome. Probably one of the best "superhero" genre games I've ever played to be honest. Really captured the Batman "feel". Arkham City is looking to be a blast.. can't wait.

Unfortunately, it seems to be one of the MANY AAA titles coming out towards the end-of-year holiday.. so yeah, while I'll definitely be getting the game, Skyrim will probably be hoarding most of my time. ;)

Personally, i preferred both the suit seen in Asylum (not the armored one, the vambrances/gauntlets looked funny there) and the latest Batman movie.

To me those looked the best of those i've seen so far.

I also have to agree, i don't think i'll be getting the CE version of the game, unless of course something *big* is added to it. :)

I think one of them is an AU only skin as well... I hate exclusive stuff like this, bah!

me too. I don't mind pre-order bonuses, but I DO hate exclusive bonuses. I despise Gamestop for this reason, as they get many of said exclusives, that the english have nought access to. (Except Ireland, I believe)

What's the deal with the second from the left?
Jeff says it's Batman from The Dark Knight Returns a Frank Miller comic where... "The Dark Knight Returns tells the story of a middle-aged Batman who comes out of retirement to fight crime, only to face opposition from the Gotham City police force and the United States government."

basically it's old fart Batman.

The Batman Beyond version looks weird. For one, I always imagined BB to be more lean than muscular, and I always thought his costume had no expression or mouth - basically, I imagined him as a spiky, black-wearing Spider-man, which is pretty awesome. But I guess these are just mostly re-skins anyhow?

The old-man-batman version looks very retro, like the 1930s comics, cool stuff but the body looks bizarre. But then, the original Arkham Asylum Batman wasn't exactly a case study for average human body proportions. :p

The Batman Beyond version looks weird. For one, I always imagined BB to be more lean than muscular, and I always thought his costume had no expression or mouth - basically, I imagined him as a spiky, black-wearing Spider-man, which is pretty awesome. But I guess these are just mostly re-skins anyhow?
Agreed. But - and I must warn you that I don't remember much of BB - how exactly does that very young Batman manages to have super-human strength and have that slender, almost feminine (it looked like a body-builder woman) silhouette? Doesn't ruin the costume if he actually looks he can kick ass.

The old-man-batman version looks very retro, like the 1930s comics, cool stuff but the body looks bizarre. But then, the original Arkham Asylum Batman wasn't exactly a case study for average human body proportions. :p
I figure he was just designed to look cartoony. Really good idea but I won't be playing it much - except for the lulz.

Agreed. But - and I must warn you that I don't remember much of BB - how exactly does that very young Batman manages to have super-human strength and have that slender, almost feminine (it looked like a body-builder woman) silhouette? Doesn't ruin the costume if he actually looks he can kick ass.

On looking at Batman Beyond pictures again, it seems I was mistaken; the costume did have a nose/mouth. Guess the "black Spider-man" was just a fantasy I made up. :p I don't think he had 'superhuman' strength though, he was just more Bruce Lee than Ahnuld.

BB is Terry McIntyre, he's more or less a regular kid whom BW trains to become Batman. One of the key points here is that unlike in Bruce's generation, years of training and practice and now replaced by technology and networks. IIRC, the new batsuit worked like an exoskeleton that granted superior speed, strength and stealth.

I remember an episode where Terry gets his ass kicked because of this, and Bruce saves him with his mental skills + batsuit.

That's Terry McGinnis and

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
He's genetically a half clone of Bruce created in Project Batman Beyond when his biological father's reproductive genetic material was rewritten with samples of Bruces DNA collected by Amanda Waller (formally of Project Cadmus) to create a future Batman as Bruce was getting old, so in basically he is his son. See Justice League Unlimited episode Epilogue which raps up of the loose ends of Batman Beyond.

BB is Terry McIntyre, he's more or less a regular kid whom BW trains to become Batman. One of the key points here is that unlike in Bruce's generation, years of training and practice and now replaced by technology and networks.

I remember an episode where Terry gets his ass kicked because of this, and Bruce saves him with his mental skills + batsuit.

Although Terry is no slouch when it comes to fighting outside of his suit as he has been seen fighting the Jokerz and even his own suit at one point.

Archived