Home

Batman: Arkham City

ChAiNz.2da

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh yeah.. this game's creeping up on my top "to get" list.

Originally, although Arkham Asylum was good, and this looked pretty decent, this wasn't one of my priorities, with already buying ToR, Skyrim, Modern Warfare 3 and what not but now i've updated on everything...damn I need this game.

For anyone that might want to get into this franchise properly, Arkham Asylum is now £4.99 on Steam, or £10 along with LEGO Batman which is roughly $15

I was discussing Arkham City with a co-worker today and decided to pick up Arkham Asylum on his recommendation.

GOTY Edition is indeed on sale via Steam. $9.99 for those of us that shop with dollars.

Just installed the Catwoman DLC that came with my PS3 version. I still haven't played as the joker in the first game yet, but I am impatient. I rarely pay full bill for a new game, and bought the original cheap but enjoyed it too much :p

Looking forward to playing with some new and wonderful toys!

• 2 weeks later...

One of my *still* favorite parts of this game is the fact that i can actually continue to play this game *after* the credits are finished.

And i'm *still* trying to figure out a few of those Riddle Trophys, mainly how to actually get at them.

One thing that puzzles me though, during the game the suits of both Catwoman and Batman gets pretty torn up.

Thing is that Batman 'leaves' Arkham City at the 'end' of the game, why the frack doesn't he (and catwoman) go get new suits that aren't torn up?

Played it for myself, completed the campaign and majority of side missions.

This game is amazing, and an example of a game where it does justice on it's predecessor.

The ending is actually quite sad, if you look at it from the Joker's point of view too. His death was simple but sweet, and the look of his character made it seem like by the time he died, his body reflected the madness within. I loved how he etched a smile on his face as he died too.

It's a pity, but I hope it's not strictly true, because I'd love another Arkham game with the joker in it.

• 6 months later...
Just got (and started) the new Harley's Revenge DLC. :)

Things look pretty good so far, other than the annoyance of the fact that i have to find and pop 30 balloons scattered around...

Be sure to give us a non-spoilery review when you're finished, and tell me whether it's worth the purchase :)

Just got (and started) the new Harley's Revenge DLC. :)

Things look pretty good so far, other than the annoyance of the fact that i have to find and pop 30 balloons scattered around...

You don't have to do it to complete the story. Just only if you want the 50 achievement points.

But, yeah, I played that today and really enjoyed it.

• 1 year later...

OK

First of all, I express my sincere apologies, since I know bumping is against the rules, BUT if you are kind to read the whole thing, you'll probably see why I'm mad.:mad::mad:

I bought Arkham City yesterday and attempted to install it on my brand new PC. Everytime I attempt to start the installation, it gives me this:

CD: "No AppID configured":raise:

In other words, I gave away 20 f#@!ing euros to get a game that doesn't work at all! Has anyone here playing the game experienced a similar problem? And if so, how did you manage to fix it? PLEASE, PLEASE ANSWER IF YOU'RE READING THIS!

Google is your friend...

Thank you for contacting WB Games Support.

The GFWL client has been removed from the Arkham games and therefore your physical copy of the game will not work.

Unfortunately you will have to download the game from Steam.

For that, download and install Steam and then create a free account (or use your own account if you already have one).

Once you are in your Steam account, go to the tab "Game" and then "Activate a Product in Steam". You can use the same CD Key that you already have from your GFWL copy of the game.

If you have issues activating the product, then provide us pictures of the game case, the receipt of sales and the faulty code and we will give you a new code.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you,

Daniel

WB Games Support

Archived