Home

The Old Republic is now available for pre-order!

News

That’s right, folks! LucasArts, EA and BioWare are now taking pre-orders for The Old Republic! There are three editions of the game currently available to order – Collectors, Standard and Digital Deluxe, and with a pre-order they all grant early game access and a special in-game color stone, which allows you to change the colour [...]

Read the full story at starwarsmmo.net...

I'm not shelling out any money to EA until I know the explicit details of their subscription model. That being said, do they really expect us to spend $10 more than standard PC titles, just for an MMO? I mean, people are going to be paying hundreds more in the long view, so why value it as a standalone, AAA console game? Why not $30, or $40?

What if I end up hating this game after the free 30-day agreement expires, and I want to cancel my subscription? There's $60 down the crapper. FFS.

And if I were to pay $150 for the ubermenschen Collector's Edition, all I really want is the damned soundtrack. :mad:

My pre-order code showed up immediately from Amazon, where did you order from?

I also got the Collector's Edition. If any game is going to be worth it for me, it's this one.

@PastramiX, all of EA's PC games are heading towards costing $60. Unfortunately it seems to be becoming the standard at least from the big-name publishers.

Only thing I'm worried about with Amazon is getting the game on release day. I have Amazon Prime and there was no option for release-day shipping. I'm hoping once the release date is announced, the shipping options will update.

In any case I'll get early access from the pre-order anyway so it shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Just got off the phone with GameStop (I ordered online). They said it would take up to 48 hrs to receive the code because they are having issues. Since tomorrow is Friday, that likely means I will receive the code next week. I'm now debating on whether or not to cancel my GameStop order and go with Amazon instead.

Just got off the phone with GameStop (I ordered online). They said it would take up to 48 hrs to receive the code because they are having issues. Since tomorrow is Friday, that likely means I will receive the code next week. I'm now debating on whether or not to cancel my GameStop order and go with Amazon instead.

I would (imo). :)

like Jeff said, I'm sure once the actual release date is announced.. Amazon should (hopefully) update.

I one-dayed mine ($9.95).. but it's free 2 day shipping if you're Amazon Prime (I think).

Either way.. the Collector's Edition looks fab. and since it's limited, I wanted to make sure my code was registered asap ;)

I think I'm going to wait and see what the different outlets--Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy, etc.--may be offering as pre-order bonuses.

Ooh, I wonder if that "Journal of Master Gnost-Dural" is the timeline in written form? That'll be good because they're super slow with the video entries (or not moving at all with them right now).

I would not wait. Especially if you want the CE. I don't think there are any retailer-specific pre-order bonuses, or they would have been announced today. Early access it determined in a priority system, so the earlier you submit your pre-order code to your swtor.com account, the quicker you'll get early access.

Also the December 31 is just placeholder, they reiterated today at Comic-Con that they are aiming for holiday 2011 release.

I'd order the collector's edition but apparently EA, LucasArts and BioWare collectively hate Australia.
It's because you're second class citizens.

Well I've pre-ordered the CE version from GameStop despite being Australian (hooray for Ausfailia!)... waiting for my codes though, they say it'll take up to 2 days which sucks. I would've gotten it from Amazon but they sold out by the time I woke up and heard about all of this happening :(

I wonder if using a proxy server would let me pre-order the digital delux edition even tho I'm serving in Korea? Can't acces the website from work to find out unfortunately.
There is a lot of talk on Twitter about whether they will employ IP blocking and right now the answer is no, they are not planning on it. However that is not 100% confirmation. See the following messages:

http://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/status/94301615716188160

http://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/status/94303151439618049

http://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/status/94311789906509825

It's looking promising, I don't know why they'd change it to IP block now that they are currently not.

edit: as far as actually pre-ordering, just visit one of the retailer websites directly - Gamestop is probably your best bet now (unfortunately) as they are sold out on Amazon.

Archived