Home

'Revan' Cover Art Revealed

News

I'd say red would look better. But I don't see how giving him a blue/purple/yellow/cyan/viridian/silver/whatever blade color would fit the best. I guess when it comes to Revan players are still totally emotional.

He's in his Sith outfit, so therefore the blade ought to be red.

Not exactly. He's on his Mandalorian Wars armor. Seeing the green blade we could assume the cover depicts a moment in-between the Mando Wars and Revan's fall for the Dark Side.

Yeah, I never liked that take on it. I always assumed that the only reason why we see Revan in his full Sith armor in the Dantooine flashback is because the character the player controls is not aware at that point that he is Revan, so therefore the Force is substituting the image of the player himself (which is what he would have looked like at that time: a regular Jedi with no Sith armor) with an image of the infamous Dark Lord.

Also, in the comics, it is the mask that Revan dons during the Mandalorian Wars, not the entire getup. He wears his hooded Jedi robes with the mask before deflecting to the Sith, which the scenes from Revan's online timeline entry seem to suggest. Putting all of these clues together, it is my opinion that Revan constructed his famous Sith armor aboard the Star Forge, with the addition of his signature Mandalorian mask. The part of the game where you can reconstruct the robes aboard the Star Forge (if you're playing on the dark side) supports this.

Or . . . maybe the new novel will tell us otherwise. Still, retconning Revan's iconic Sith robes to be anything other than Sith robes is pretty cheap, in my opinion. (Although, if you want to be technical, constructing them on the Star Forge would make them Rakatan robes rather than Sith robes; but still, they were constructed for the purpose of serving as the attire for the Dark Lord of the Sith.)

They are his full sith Robes no doubt about it, Color Crystal? I think stylistically red would suit the outfit and mood, but there is no reason why he MUST use a so called Dark side Crystal color... I in fact liked the idea of Anakin being Vader but using his Blue blade, I think color coordination/vanity would be the last thing on a Sith Lords Mind :)

Yeah, I never liked that take on it. I always assumed that the only reason why we see Revan in his full Sith armor in the Dantooine flashback is because the character the player controls is not aware at that point that he is Revan, so therefore the Force is substituting the image of the player himself (which is what he would have looked like at that time: a regular Jedi with no Sith armor) with an image of the infamous Dark Lord.
I was basing myself mainly on the game when I said that. And the Dantooine flashback, specifically. If the robes are truly infused with dark side (don't know if the Rakata would use robes like those, their clothing is so different) then that scene could very well be a plot hole.

Yeah, but like I said, I think the only reason the main character is seeing Revan in place of himself in that flashback is because he doesn't know that he is Revan. And the robes weren't necessarily of Rakatan design. It may be entirely possible that one could build whatever one wants aboard the Star Forge.

Sorry, but this entire robes argument above is absurd.

1. Just because Revan did not have his full getup in the comics on the same day that he first got his mask in no way means that he did not don them afterward during the Mandalore War.

2. There is nothing about Revan's distinctive robes and armor that makes them specifically Sith robes and therefore forbids him from wearing them as a Jedi (the principle being the same as with Anakin's black/dark brown robes in the Prequels).

3. The images from the timeline videos depicting Revan have dubious accuracy as far as the outfit stuff is concerned, since according to those same videos, Bastila and Revan both fought Malak at the end, which decidedly is impossible in the game (and for a good reason).

4. There is no evidence to support the claim that Revan was not actually wearing those robes and mask on Dantooine, but rather that they were added to the vision in "post-production" to conceal his identity from himself. It's made rather clear in the game that these visions are specifically memories from his old self, and from an in-universe perspective there is no reason for the memory to have been edited in this way.

5. Just because Revan's Sith robes can be produced by the Star Forge years later does not mean they originated there.

6. Regardless of whether 5 is to be ignored, nobody should give a **** about item descriptions. Not this time.

Hmm. Well, I guess it's winding down to the 'final hours', so to speak on this subject.

There are many questions on peoples' minds I'm sure. Not all will be answered, but much of it hopefully. The timing of the release, though, right before the game is officially released, must mean there is something they don't want you to know too soon. I've no doubt the book is also meant to be a lure for people to play.

I have my theories of the horrible fate that awaited Revan and his Jedi General and I'd be happy enough if they both simply died heroically. We're all probably in for a surprise or two, though. If they did what I think they did, that's going to make a lot of people unhappy. I hope not.

I am now wondering who cast that shadow over the mask in the Revan tomb vid for TOR.

Pushing my outlandish flimsy speculations aside now:

As much I am aware, the comic showed when Revan first donned the mandalorian mask on cathar. Malak still had a friendly demeanor in the background. He still wielded a blue saber (which actually was so deep it almost looked violet).

After Revan was finally captured, weren't his original robes destroyed? If memory serves the Star Forge robes had "seeing the original robes as abominable, the order burned them", as the description.

As to the mask itself...well I don't remember if that was included or not in the burning, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Least It was not mentioned in the description. So it's possible the mask in the tomb was the original. In any case I see no reason for absolute non-reproducibly of the items either.

Green lightsaber? Maybe green is an indication of ROTJ status in the KOTOR series? :xp:

I suppose it makes about as much sense as anything else like Mantle of the Force or Heart of the Guardian. Ahh goodies. No, wait, those probably were taken, just like Exar Kun's double bladed lightsaber found its way into the jedi vault for artifacts and relics. :rolleyes:

Ironically, while Basty had a Yellow, Revan has now had all the other 4 basic sabercolors: red, blue, violet, and now green.

When and where does the cover art represent Revan? Personally I'd say the cover image represents the aftermath of the star forge battle. Matter of fact the background is exactly of the Sith Emperor's throne in the 5th timeline video @ 0:32. So that may very well be Revan making his final stand. Malak isn't with him either.

I hope Revan's skill was at least good enough with a blade that he got one good hit: performed a surgical maneuver and turned the Sith Emperor into Darth Uniball. :dev9:

I think that this won't be all, though.

3. The images from the timeline videos depicting Revan have dubious accuracy as far as the outfit stuff is concerned, since according to those same videos, Bastila and Revan both fought Malak at the end, which decidedly is impossible in the game (and for a good reason).

In one of the recent interviews with a developer (can't recall the exact one at the moment but I do believe it had something to do with showing the SW loyalists first teaser peek before the convention), he said if you notice some discontinuities, it may not be on accident and we may actually have an agenda.

This little tidbit maybe (and quite unfortunately imo) qualifies many little hints I have observed about "Revan reborn", and who that person is.

Personally the more I see about it the more I seriously don't like where it's going. It's like a snowballing effect on some nightmare you don't want to come true.

5. Just because Revan's Sith robes can be produced by the Star Forge years later does not mean they originated there.

Agreed, as I think Revan made his own robes. Is it not possible there were multiple of those robes? Is it not possible he imprinted his original robes (or a similar design thereof) on the memory of the Star Forge? There are so many possibilities.Whichever way it worked it, all's well that ends well.

6. Regardless of whether 5 is to be ignored, nobody should give a **** about item descriptions. Not this time.

Okay then. :) Whether retcons, duplications, or whatever is the case, I'm pretty sure it ultimately doesn't matter.

Okay, we know Revan went into the Unknown Regions to defeat the "truth Sith" that somehow tricked the Mandalorians into fighting the Republic. Maybe the cover art is depicting Revan in the Unknown Regions. His blade would be green because it is canon that he was redeemed and he could have his old armor because maybe it was powerful and he needed it to defeat the "truth sith". Just a guess.

Okay, we know Revan went into the Unknown Regions to defeat the "truth Sith" that somehow tricked the Mandalorians into fighting the Republic. Maybe the cover art is depicting Revan in the Unknown Regions. His blade would be green because it is canon that he was redeemed and he could have his old armor because maybe it was powerful and he needed it to defeat the "truth sith". Just a guess.

But wearing the armor after he was redeemed is stupid because it was the armor used in the game to represent his status as a Sith Lord. That's why, until we're told otherwise, I refuse to believe Revan ever wore those robes as a good guy.

He's in his Sith outfit, so therefore the blade ought to be red.

... and just once I'd like to see a Jedi wielding a red saber.

And IIRC, the only Sith that HASN'T wielded a red is Exar Kun...

I wonder if the green saber is also to suggest that canonically speaking, Revan/Mysterious Stranger is a Jedi Consular...

Karness Muur and Ajunta Pall wielded Yellow lightsabers, but we are talking the original Dark Jedi/Sith.

I wonder if the green saber is also to suggest that canonically speaking, Revan/Mysterious Stranger is a Jedi Consular...

I was, so that would work nicely :D

@deathd: Gotcha. True, that's the only way we've ever have really seen Revan in any depiction. As to status: inconclusive imo. He had all but the mask as a jedi, and acquired it before going on to defeat mandalore and meet the Sith Emperor.

Bane had violet until retconned. Kreia used advanced telekinesis to weild 3 violet sabers. Let's not forget Vader had his blue one from his previous incarnation as a jedi, albeit for a very short time.

I know those could "technically" be discredited, but I just thought I'd mention those.

I think it's part of the ambiguity thing going on, personally. IIRC he was said to be a good duelist by the council, and also the council said that even though they considered color to denote position in the order, color could be any that you choose which evidently is true about jedi with orange, silver, cyan, and violet blades. Not all jedi subscribed to the color=rank thing either, like Master Nemo.

Archived