Home

Happy Moon Landing Day!

Rogue Nine

zk2Z35IWTq47pm2wHcG2chAOo1_500.jpg

Just about 42 years ago, man first set foot on the moon. A pair of intrepid astronauts by the names of Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin landed their lunar module, named the Eagle, and by doing so, took a giant leap forward for all mankind.

Thank you, gentlemen, and godspeed. :patriot:

Sadly the Constellation program which was supposed to take us BACK to the moon was canceled in 2010. Many of the engineers I work with were working on the program when it was canceled. One of them wanted to be an astronaut after seeing the Apollo Moon Landing. He later learned that he couldn't because of his need of glasses. As a kid he wrote a letter to the then head of NASA with very detailed designs of incorporating lenses into the helmets, and got a letter back from one of the original Apollo astronauts. Buzz Aldrin said in his letter that the kid should pursue a career as one of the engineers that sent him into space because they were the real heroes. He was the senior lead engineer on the project for the company I'm working at, and said it nearly crushed him to hear it was canceled.

Sadly the Constellation program which was supposed to take us BACK to the moon was canceled in 2010. Many of the engineers I work with were working on the program when it was canceled. One of them wanted to be an astronaut after seeing the Apollo Moon Landing. He later learned that he couldn't because of his need of glasses. As a kid he wrote a letter to the then head of NASA with very detailed designs of incorporating lenses into the helmets, and got a letter back from one of the original Apollo astronauts. Buzz Aldrin said in his letter that the kid should pursue a career as one of the engineers that sent him into space because they were the real heroes. He was the senior lead engineer on the project for the company I'm working at, and said it nearly crushed him to hear it was canceled.

I hope we can get ourselves back into space again. I never once thought that I would see the end of the space program in the US, and now I am. :(

I applaud Star Wars KotOR forum users for managing to not make a comment about my belief that this never happened this time, as people have in other threads, really, applause!! :lol:

To acknowledge the ramblings of conspiracy nuts only gives them undue credence and helps them elevate their baseless claims. I take it as a rare mark of intelligence by the community, either that or the more likely scenario that no one cares.

I hope we can get ourselves back into space again. I never once thought that I would see the end of the space program in the US, and now I am. :(

The US space program is in no way over. We are just out of the outdated Space Shuttle program. Michael E Fossum and Ronald J. Garan, Jr are two Americans in space as we incorrectly state the U.S. space program dead.

Archived