Home

Amy Winehouse found dead.

Taak Farst

'Bout time'? :raise:

I didn't like her music, or approve of her lifestyle, but she was clearly a troubled person, and was after all, a human being.

Was simply referring to the drug habits. It's about time, with all those drugs she took. Not "Bout time, I was waiting for her to die, cause i'm just that sick"

On that same note though, I don't care, and quite frankly don't have sympathy for her. Silly girl.

Agreed. With those drug habits it was just a matter of time. I didn't like her music, but it's undeniable that she had a great singing voice. Such wasted potential. Hopefully others might learn from her mistakes and not repeat them.

Condolences to her family.

Come to Ahto and find a thread about Amy Winehouse who I don't really give a **** about and really shouldn't be getting this much attention in the first place. Look around for a thread about 90+ people dead in Norway... nothing.

Unless those 90+ people were killed as part of an organised terrorist plot that resulted in the worst violence and bloodshed the nation has seen since the second world war, it can't hope to compete with news of a random celebrity being killed by her petty vices.

... wait.

Was simply referring to the drug habits. It's about time, with all those drugs she took. Not "Bout time, I was waiting for her to die, cause i'm just that sick"

On that same note though, I don't care, and quite frankly don't have sympathy for her. Silly girl.

:golfclap:

My utter lack of respect for both this post and the OP may actually exceed your utter lack of tact.

Shocking. :dozey:

This.

I'll third on this. Not surprising.

Come to Ahto and find a thread about Amy Winehouse who I don't really give a **** about and really shouldn't be getting this much attention in the first place. Look around for a thread about 90+ people dead in Norway... nothing.

You could start your own thread.....

Tactless jokes about rock, marijuana and other drugs are popping up on Facebook like there's no tomorrow. Comparisons with other artists dead that young (and specifically at 27) are pretty common too.

I'm sad to see her gone. She had quite the voice. It's true that she abused of her body by drugs, most prominently, but she didn't care. I get mad at the hypocrisy of people sometimes. Some will say she had it coming because she was banging seven gram rocks but they forget that alcohol and cigarettes are drugs too, with sometimes even more malevolent effects on the body. She enjoyed her life and didn't care about what people thought of her. Pretty artsy.

And I agree that the Norway incidents are relatively more important and shock-inducing than this bit of news. Sad either way.

When have you ever seen me start a thread?
Around here?

12/12/2010

Had she gone for help she would still be here, Sadly some people feel they can't be helped or don't want to get help!!
If curing addiction was easy, then we would not have these senseless deaths.

RIP…knew the name (mainly because of the addiction), but did not know the music. Still my condolences to her family, friends and fans.

Allow me to preform a bit of cryptology on the statement eluding your comprehension as it appears the cipher is above your pay grade.

"Your posts were quite rude and [Jae] found them to be disrespectful."

Oh well then, apologies, but it's simply my opinion. If you're going to get yourself rich, with an amazing singing voice and have everything going for you, and then kill yourself with ongoing drug habits, I have no sympathy for you. It's just stupid.

Amy winehouse squandered what talent she had and used drugs to destroy her body, and she was probably the furthest thing from our thoughts until she died, now we are falling out and flaming each other over it, why not move along now? And yes sarcasm is flaming.

Frankly, some of the incredibly and utterly insensitive comments in this thread make me want to throw up. Yes, some are falling over the fact that she's a celeb who's dead.

However, I think it's what she respresents to those of us who've had family members and friends who have struggled horribly with drug and alcohol addiction that makes me sad for her. I have a friend who I went to school with from kindergarten all the way through high school who died in his early 30's from liver failure from drinking himself to death. Several other friends have been in and out of rehab. My husband's half-brother has end-stage liver cirrhosis and can't get off the drugs and alcohol. We don't know if he's alive--we don't keep up with him after learning at my mother-in-law's funeral what he'd done to his younger siblings. He drinks himself to death because he is a tortured soul who tries to escape his horrendous guilt with drugs and alcohol. I see far too many of these same people at the homeless shelter in our town.

Amy Winehouse is likely much the same. True, some people decide on a lark to try drugs or alcohol and then end up addicted. Most, however, use drugs because of something in their lives or their pasts that is so dark, so awful, so heart-wrenching that we would be horrified by it if we found out what it was, and wonder how they even managed to survive the event.

We may never know what drove Amy to try to escape reality by drinking that much or making herself a zombie with drugs, but it clearly was something so bad that she could never face reality without them.

I didn't particularly care for Amy Winehouse's music, or the fact that she was a celebrity. I do care that she was only 27 when she died, and I'm now using the past tense to describe someone who had substantial music talent. I care about the fact that she was such a tortured soul from her inner demons and possible bipolar disorder that she killed herself, either accidentally or on purpose, with the very things she was using to try to flee those demons.

THAT is what is sad about her death, and THAT is what is sad about anyone, celebrity or not, who dies this way.

We should be praying for them, thinking good thoughts for them, and trying to help them in some way--volunteering or helping a homeless shelter or drug center in some way, even if it's only donating a bag of groceries or gently used clothes, or spending a bit of time listening to them as they work through the horrors that drive them to drink or do drugs.

Her death should not give us cause to troll and poke fun. Her death should inspire us to get off our butts and try to make some kind of difference in the lives of those who face the horrors she died trying to face.

The Sad truth is that a lot of people dont have Demons until they become drug addicts, I personally know several people who started injecting Heroin because they were fans of Guns n Roses, or wanted that sunset strip lifestyle, whatever... They are shadows of their former selves and I cannot trust then in my house for fear of theft, they are zombies. I had a very happy childhood, but chose to start snorting cocaine at dance clubs in the late 90's, I spent the first half of the 00's as a paranoid recluse who suffered panic attacks, I'm a good place now, but it was my choices that screwed a good 8 years of my life. I guess I have less patience for these types of things than some. I do however respect your kind nature and thoughts of others Jae.

Archived