Home

Modifying The Old Republic!

DarthJacen

That's great to hear! The static UI might be abit rubbish but I don't know yet. Anyone got screenshots of it?

Sadly, it's VERY SWG standard, with the bright blue color. I was told that nothing can be moved either, which really bothers me. I hate the stock blue color. I want to be able to move things around and resize them.

THe map however is spectacular, as you can run around with it up and the transparency changes once you start to move.

Unfortunately, I've 'seen' beta, but am not 'in' beta, so I can't really test much other than to give a friend a kick and get info. Well, unless I go visiting again. lol

Sadly, it's VERY SWG standard, with the bright blue color. I was told that nothing can be moved either, which really bothers me. I hate the stock blue color. I want to be able to move things around and resize them.

THe map however is spectacular, as you can run around with it up and the transparency changes once you start to move.

Unfortunately, I've 'seen' beta, but am not 'in' beta, so I can't really test much other than to give a friend a kick and get info. Well, unless I go visiting again. lol

I am hoping that we can change the UI scheme, it's something that will bother me to no end if they don't eventually allow modding in this way. I like to personalize my UI to no end. Being a WoW player of 6 or 7 years I find it infuriating when I play an MMO that is restricted in that sense.

I'll be jumping ship to SW:TOR regardless. But I want my landing into bioware's new epic to me a cushioned one!

It is modifiable, so don't worry. We'll have one out on ModSource.

Oh? Can you source this information or are we just to take your word for it?

You haven't really explained what can be modified.

I'm certainly worried, cause I don't want a bright blue UI ruining my rampage across the galaxy. :)

I am hoping that we can change the UI scheme, it's something that will bother me to no end if they don't eventually allow modding in this way. I like to personalize my UI to no end. Being a WoW player of 6 or 7 years I find it infuriating when I play an MMO that is restricted in that sense.

I'll be jumping ship to SW:TOR regardless. But I want my landing into bioware's new epic to me a cushioned one!

Oh? Can you source this information or are we just to take your word for it?

You haven't really explained what can be modified.

I'm certainly worried, cause I don't want a bright blue UI ruining my rampage across the galaxy. :)

I'm actually going to be a bit happy that I won't need to update my add-ons and find new compatible ones every few months... lol

I'm actually going to be a bit happy that I won't need to update my add-ons and find new compatible ones every few months... lol

That is certainly a plus side to it.

But in all honesty, it doesn't take all that long to update your addons... Curse's website even has an application that does it for you nowadays.

Couple minutes of addon updating for a few months worth of better looking/feeling game.

Worth it. :p

That is certainly a plus side to it.

But in all honesty, it doesn't take all that long to update your addons... Curse's website even has an application that does it for you nowadays.

Couple minutes of addon updating for a few months worth of better looking/feeling game.

Worth it. :p

Still always ran into mods not working, mods not being updated... mods that fall out of favor and get forgotten... so you're always looking for a new replacement for a simple old mod.

My sources at ModSource.org are as follows:

The Extractor tool we're working on is here. http://forum.modsource.org/index.php?topic=1224.0

and here http://forum.modsource.org/index.php?topic=1225.0

The hash code list is here.

http://forum.modsource.org/index.php?topic=1234.0

Ever since, beta began we have been working on this problem, so we will be ready when the game comes out.

Archived