Home

The Emulator....Pros and Cons...

Jedimonkeylizard

I agree with the pro that it is SWG.

Until they get CH actually implemented, it's hard for me to really want to play it.

For me though, the biggest con is knowing that it could simply disappear quickly.

I agree with the pro that it is SWG.

Until they get CH actually implemented, it's hard for me to really want to play it.

For me though, the biggest con is knowing that it could simply disappear quickly.

Oh....I have a few con's:

No Entertainer Missions on Terminals

No Artisan Missions on Terminals

No Sorosubb Yacht/Space Travel...

Cmon already...its been in development since 2005....

and will continue to be there past SWG sunset 2011

Yeah, the Space aspect is the biggest con. I've been back to the EMU a number of times to review what has been done. Although they've come a long way from where it started, a LOT is still unfinished and Space is still a non-factor. That a long time to be just putzing around with code to not have anything substantial to show for it. I love the visuals and the sounds! I really do miss all those in the Post-NGE game, but it's been a long LONG time to still be banging on stones rather than writing with pens.

well now , they do code it during off college vacations

Well, you might think that after... 5 years... college would have been a secondary issue opposed to repaying the tuition by now. I'm not saying that the Emu should be top priority, but if it's been worked on for over 5 years (on and off with an additional 1 year of solid work as 4 years is long enough for the average college slave) by a "dedicated team", and it's still in the buggy shape that it's in. Either:

A) LA/SOE was right to move on to the NGE to better improve the game

or

B) The code is such a mess that it should probably be left alone to die completely

I do hope someone is able to iron out the bugs that are left, but unfortunately by that time, anyone that might have been interested in the game will have long gone to the hologram games and/or entering a holodeck for their entertainment, while looking back at the antiquated PC games and shrugging... "Meh"

Archived