Home

finding rogue squadron series

rogueleader92

I actually enjoyed using the Gamecube controller with it. It didn't feel awkward like most controllers do with flying games. You can land a Gamecube for like 30 bucks now, and the games are very cheap.

If you have a Wii, they made it backwards compatible. So basically, all you need to do is buy the controller and the games.

yeah, i noticed about the games. the RS 2 and 3 i'm looking at are like a dollar each. and by joystick, i'm not talking about those dinky things on controllers that u operate with one finger. i mean wrap one hand around it, trigger button for the primary weapon and another button for the secondary weapon, throttle, camera control button, definite X and Z axes, joystick.

@Jamps: that's what i thot.

@Lynk: u just cant steer a starship with a d-pad or a pair of "analog" sticks (that's what sony calls them) with the same artistic precision as you can with a proper joystick, and i do pride myself on the finesse of my flying.

@ ALL: i'll keep searching the web. thanks for the input, though, guys, and please let me know if u see anything that fits what i'm looking for.

If you want precision then an arcade shooter like Rogue Squadron isn't for you. You should be playing X-Wing Alliance and other games in the X-Wing series.

Also, you don't use the D-Pad to control the fighters in Rogue Squadron and because the games were made with the N64 and GCN in mind, they work perfectly fine with the analog sticks on both controllers and are extremely precise. I should know, I've completed all three games 100% with the artistic precision you think you can't get with consoles.

I also pride myself precise gameplay, it's the highest thing I look for in a game and Factor 5 did it with Rogue Squadron without the need for a joystick. Well done to them...

...but as I said, it sounds like you're more for the X-Wing series than Rogue Squadron because it's more of a flight simulator to Rogue Squadron's arcade mayhem.

Archived