Home

Counter Strike: Global Offensive

TriggerGod

ss_6fb588280dfcfad6c98bf5d6d0fadd691b18e003.600x338.jpg?t=1313167953

12 years ago, in a world of Quake and Unreal, Counter Strike came out as a mod to the original Half Life game.

Fresh off the press, Valve announces Counter Strike; Global Offensive! Not much is known about the game yet, aside from what is stated in the article. Will be playable at PAX and is aiming for a release in early 2012.

In Valve Time, expect it in late spring or early summer.

Eh, I always thought Source was 1.6's predecessor. But I'm still pretty excited for what they will come up with, especially with new the new weapons. But most likely it'll just be a visual update of the old model though... they're probably going to play it safe.

• 2 weeks later...

So in case anybody missed it, Gabe Newall went to Germany for Gamescon, to talk about DOTA 2 (and its accompanying tourney), to "officially" unveil CS: GO (GO GO), and to delay Episode 3 some more.

Gaben talked about how GO is going to be a cross-platform gaming experience, which means we would be able to play with the prepubescents on the consoles. My memory hasn't been quite the same lately, but I saw a video during the G4TV interview with Gaben and now it's on the steam page. I can't remember if that video was there before, either way its there and it showcases a few of the graphics, which looks like it builds on CS's style, where it doesn't look like a TF2 mod or a COD rip-off. It also changes the store's interface drastically (taking a radial design rather then what it is now in CS:S). There's also a new batch of screenshots released, all viewable on the Steam Page.

Since I'm not at my computer right now, I cannot provide a link to the video where Geoff talks to Newall, but I'm sure with a little bit of searching you can find it on youtube or on gametrailers.