Home

PS3/Xbox 360 War question

Taak Farst

why exactly do I always see elitist Xbox players...

couldn't possibly be because of the descriptors each camp uses on the opposition could it... ;)

I own both (and a pc) (oh, and a mac too) so I don't necessarily "get" where the wars come from. But being human, and having an opinion... I can assume it usually stems from one side having something (or not) the other has, a misunderstanding of the opposing side.. and/or more often than not.. the d-bags of either side more than willing to point out the flaws of the "other" item to make the item they themselves chose to be the more appealing, therefore "right" choice to have made...

oh.. and xbox rules! :xp:

Because it's like a religion to them. That being said, they don't seem to understand that you can in fact, own both a PlayStation 3 and an Xbox 360, and enjoy games on both.
Blasphemy! You shall burn at the stake!

Console wars stem from people creating console war threads on internet forums.

I understand people being civil and actually looking at specs and seeing what's better on 360 than on PS3 and vice versa but coming out and saying XBOX IS BETTER BECAUSE IT HAS HALO, AND...AND IT'S JUST AWESOME is childish.

I have both, I like both. I mainly use the 360 now, but I like both.

Couldn't care less about either console. Bought the 360 for Mass Effect. If a "exclusive" game came to the PS3 that I wanted to play, I'd consider getting a PS3 too. To me it is the game that is important, not the console or PC (although I'd rather the game just came out on the PC (and at the SAME time as the console)).

I've never really understood why people are so adamant to declare a console "better" than another. I believe that each one has certain advantages. Personally, I own an Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and a Mac, just to clarify lol.

I chose to get an Xbox 360 because of the game collection it boasted. There is no denying that Xbox 360 has an impressive array of choices. At the time, Mass Effect was the big draw to me after seeing a friend play it. (PS3 owners now get to enjoy ME2 and 3 of course!) Also, a lot of my friends had Xbox Live, which made it an even better choice for me.

Anyhow, while that is awesome, I would LOVE to have a Blu-Ray player and free online play (no ID theft jokes please!) like PS3 owners do. There is no denying how sweet that is. Also, PS3 has it's own exclusive titles like Uncharted and Killzone. Again, things I would love to enjoy.

Basically, there isn't a "better" system. Some people could say Wii is the best because of the exclusive titles and motion controls. They aren't wrong either. It's all a matter of opinion. :thmbup1:

I always find the whole platform war concept to be really funny. The whole rivalry between Sony and Microsoft, the PC gamer master-race and everyone hating on Nintendo for being Nintendo.

I used to think nothing was as bad as the fanboys from the different video game platforms... until recently. My friends, there are worse things than fanboy arguments about video games.

Android vs iOS

This is the true horror. Nothing I've ever read relating to video games has ever been as brainless and fanboyish as the two sides of this pointless argument. It's not a matter of opinion when it comes to Android vs iOS, the people who spend their time arguing about it are just plain morons who need to be purged from the planet completely.

Don't care which side they're on. They're all idiots.

They're fueled by rich game publishers and console manufacturers who know that dramatised rivalry will increase sales by mutual agreement. The people are made to believe that they have a choice, when in fact both consoles are merely a front for a larger over-arching organisation that works in the shadows, funded by the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds.

n128135_JC%20Denton.jpg

Archived