Home

Huge Thank You to stoffe!

Jae Onasi

stoffe spent the last few days trying to track down a nasty problem that led to the forum being hacked (see the forum announcement on it).

First: If you have not changed your password, GO DO THAT RIGHT NOW!

Second: thank you, thank you, thank you to stoffe and the other staff who spent time checking over a ton of scripts, code and searching different names to ensure forum security.

Jeff, Lynk, acdcfanbill, and mimartin all worked on this problem to help stoffe out. I know you all spent several days on this issue, and I appreciate it very much.

First: If you have not changed your password, GO DO THAT RIGHT NOW!
Please also change it to something more complex than a three letter word in the dictionary. Mine wasn’t that simple, but stoffe still had me change it.

Jeff, Lynk, acdcfanbill, and mimartin all worked on this problem to help stoffe out. I know you all spent several days on this issue, and I appreciate it very much.

My contribution was looking at a list, nothing more other than staying out of stoffe’s way while she did all the work. stoffe did all the work and deserves 99.99999999999% of the credit, Lynk, acdcfanbill and Jeff can share whatever is left.

All hail the great and powerful stoffe.

thank you, thank you, thank you to stoffe and the other staff who spent time checking over a ton of scripts, code and searching different names to ensure forum security.

Indeed! Thank you LF Staff (especially stoffe) for all your hard work.

Stoffe is much like The Force.

She has a Light and Dark Side (rarely seen, admittedly), but it's not the universe she's holding together, she is instead holding together these forums, which have become a second home to many of us.

So thank you, stoffe, for your tireless, and frustrated efforts to keep LF running against the odds, when others would have simply threw their hands in the air and said 'I quit!'.

Thank you, stoffe, not just for this occasion, but for all the times you've spent how-many-hours fixing things.

This. For every problem announced, I'm sure 10 more have been solved quietly. Thanks for keeping this place running.

My password discipline here is pretty bad. A fairly weak password (not as bad as 'crackers' though), gone unchanged for god knows how long (as opposed to fairly regular switches). I just never really bothered fixing it since I don't reuse PWs, and don't store any important info on this site.

So thank you, stoffe, for your tireless, and frustrated efforts to keep LF running against the odds, when others would have simply threw their hands in the air and said 'I quit!'.

Quit implying that is possible. We have already told her that is not a option. :xp: You're going to give her ideas.

I personally consider stoffe the Lucas Forums saint, not only does she put up with all the technical problems Lucas Forums throw at her, but she also has to put up with the staff. :xp:

Archived