Home

KotOR: Echo of the Force

Ferc Kast

Well, I have looked forward to making this thread for quite some time. I am pleased to finally announce this mod. :) I am quite grateful for everyone who has helped me learn everything I currently know about modding; Also, I am grateful for those who have encouraged me over the years. :thmbup1: So, after that introduction, I am now announcing...

logo.png

Plot Introduction

Years after the Battle of Telos IV, the Republic struggles to recover from the war. A series of systems have seceded from the Republic. Attacking from an unknown source, the planet Darrax is under attack. In the midst of a debate in the Senate, the Jedi Council sends a lone Jedi to investigate...

Companions

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
  • Xin
  • Koran Vox
  • Subal Mahkon
  • Ora Vaona
  • HK-47
  • Master Adri Vale
  • T3-M4
  • Kira Sadow
  • Saverak Vornskar
  • Jarl Dawas
  • 2 MORE TO BE DECIDED...

Planets

Show spoiler
  • The Corsair Nova
  • Darrax
  • Danjir IV
  • Ryloth
  • Korriban
  • MORE TO BE DECIDED...

Progress

Show spoiler
  • The Corsair Nova: 35%
  • Darrax: 0%
  • Danjir IV: 0%
  • Ryloth: 0%
  • Korriban: 0%

Team Recruitment

I am looking for additional modders to help with this mod in the following areas:

• Modelers (mostly planets)
  • Skinners (characters & modules)
  • Dialog Writers
  • Side Quest Ideas

Screenshots

Show spoiler
th_K2_00001-1.png

th_K2_00002.png

th_K2_00003.png

th_hilt_render1.png

Deadly Stream Thread

Kast's Echo Thread

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Well, I realized I hadn't posted in here for a while. I've done some more work on this between school and work. The initial areas are almost done & playable. I should be starting to work on the first planet relatively soon. I also got a couple skins ready for further in the mod. (Trying to do each area chronologically; But, I may start jumping between various areas just to get them done. :)) On a side note, since the last update, I found out that my laptop is entirely supported on Windows 7; So, I made the upgrade from Vista to Windows 7. (I backed up everything before upgrading, so no work was lost in the process.)

I noticed one problem when I was testing my initial areas for any bugs: Upon transiting to the second area, my temporary party member is on the wrong side of a static door. Any ideas how to fix this problem? Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know that I haven't stopped working on this, despite not making an update post in a couple months.

You could move the starting point of the module a little farther away from the door to allow for the party members to be seen...use the whereami armband or equivalent to get the coords then make the changes in .ifo file. Otherwise, when you start to move, the party member should catch up to you the farther you get from him/her.

Well, I realized I hadn't posted in here for a while. I've done some more work on this between school and work. The initial areas are almost done & playable. I should be starting to work on the first planet relatively soon. I also got a couple skins ready for further in the mod. (Trying to do each area chronologically; But, I may start jumping between various areas just to get them done. :)) On a side note, since the last update, I found out that my laptop is entirely supported on Windows 7; So, I made the upgrade from Vista to Windows 7. (I backed up everything before upgrading, so no work was lost in the process.)

I noticed one problem when I was testing my initial areas for any bugs: Upon transiting to the second area, my temporary party member is on the wrong side of a static door. Any ideas how to fix this problem? Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know that I haven't stopped working on this, despite not making an update post in a couple months.

You have to get your x, y, and z coordinates with the whereami armband. Then open up the module.ifo file for that specific area and then change the mod entry coordinates. They should be somewhere near the top.

You have to get your x, y, and z coordinates with the whereami armband. Then open up the module.ifo file for that specific area and then change the mod entry coordinates. They should be somewhere near the top.

Strangely, after tweaking the starting coordinates, my party member still sometimes spawns on the wrong side of the door. But, at other times, he spawns in the correct spot. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, update time: First, I fixed the bug mentioned in my last post. Second, there are now journal entries for the quests so far. So, I am going through & adding the entries/quests in-game. Finally, I am almost done with the initial version of the Corsair Nova. As such, I expect to be working on the next planet soon. With this in mind, I thought to give a video clip from the beginning of the Corsair Nova. (Side note: still trying to tweak the camera so it shows the player at the beginning instead of the droid.)

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I didn't see this thread at first, but the mod sounds really interesting. Maybe Jebord Esio can make a cameo...?

Maybe, if the model used for him is in TSL's game files.

Try starting a new game. This type of modification often requires a new game to see the effect.

Worked perfectly when I restarted again, but only after you suggested it. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been going slowly since my last update; However, things are starting to progress more in its development. I should have some new screenshots in the next post of how things are coming along. :)

I have found a minor bug, which I thought I ought to ask here rather than make a new thread: On a new party member, I made a custom item that only they are able to use; However, by using the useable by NPC property on it, it says "Useable by: Atton" instead of "Useable by: (Insert New Party Member's Name Here)." Does anyone know what exactly do I have to edit to fix this bug?

Well, it's time again for a mini update for EotF. Last time, I asked about a minor bug I had found. Since then, Ive found a temporary fix for my problem until someone can figure out how to fix it the way I was hoping for it to be fixed. Also, I am starting to work on the next module in-game. (Yay for Darth333's whereami band.)

Finally, I am getting around to reskinning those terrible looking "potato sack(s)" from the vanilla KotOR II; Personally, I find it to look more Jedi-esque now. However, I would like to find out what your opinions are about the reskin. I also wondered if there was interest for me to release it for TSL in addition to including it in EotF. :) So, give me your input so I can take the needed action(s).

Show spoiler
picture.php?albumid=806&pictureid=8727

• 3 weeks later...

Archived