Home

What is the character class you plan to play as first?

Lynk Former

What is the character class you plan to play as first?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What is the character class you plan to play as first?

• Trooper: Vanguard
    • Trooper: Commando
    • Smuggler: Gunslinger
    • Smuggler: Scoundrel
    • Jedi Knight: Guardian
    • Jedi Knight: Sentinel
    • Jedi Consular: Sage
    • Jedi Consular: Shadow
    • Bounty Hunter: Powertech
    • Bounty Hunter: Mercenary
    • Sith Warrior: Juggernaut
    • Sith Warrior: Marauder
    • Imperial Agent: Operative
    • Imperial Agent: Sniper
    • Sith Inquisitor: Sorceror
    • Sith Inquisitor: Assassin

We've all had plenty of time to think about it and a whole slew of class videos... we don't know when the game will be released, but I'm sure of you most of you have an idea of what class you will be playing as on your first run through of The Old Republic... so, what's it gonna be?

For me, there's no better choice than the Trooper Vanguard. I don't usually go for the tank characters in RPGs, but in the case of TOR, I really want to be a Trooper that can take the hard hits and protect my comrades by taking fire that would have gone their way.

Be sure to check out our Classes page for more info about the different classes you'll be able to choose when TOR launches.

Consular Shadow. Skill-set its exactly how I want to play, although I despise double bladed lightsabers, so it could change nearer release. I fully intent to have a main toon as a Smuggler though, I was a Smuggler for 5 years in SWG.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sith Inquisitor: Assassin it will be...

I've seen them in some video's and it seems they are very versatile.

They can tank, dps and range dps (heal too?). That's very usefull since it's quite difficult to predict which role will be 'needed' in the game. I suspect many people will play a 'simple' class like Jedi Knight DPS which makes tanks and ranged DPS very important.

Picked Smuggle

However Race is going to be more important to me than class. I’m interested in playing as a Twi’lek, Miraluka and Mirialan. So Jedi made be in the cards, but I going to give a Mirialan smuggler the first shot.

that or I'm just coping Mav.

Tough call for me... Lets face it, Bioware and their story are really making it great to play ANY of the classes. I think that I'll probably go Smuggler "medic" Sawbones. Stealth is nifty. Keeping your party alive is good. I've been good as high DPS, but I've always wanted to be the one that saves the party.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to start with "Sith warrior - Juggernaut"

I got to try him out in the beta and he seemed most fitting for me. Most likely i will end up playing all the characters trough. The stories are so amazing. My second choice will probably be Imperial Agent. I played one the first 10 levels and his story seemed pretty cool.

Archived