Home

From what you've seen, what do and dont like about TOR?

Kelvin

I've been wondering about posting a new thread about this... And well, there it is. I hope you people will participate in this, even if it is useless, just for fun xD.

From what i've seen, i like:

The large amount of planets

The intention of Bioware in making this a great detailed game, with lots of stuff to do.

Mass effect dialog style.

But i don't like:

The speed in battle, they are just a bit slow, from my perspective.

Facial expressions, i haven't seen any scared face, angry, sad, happy.... when talking to an NPC.

Face shape and complexity, the faces look like cartoons, more realism will make both the experience and the size of the game greater, but maybe, just a more realistic shape would do.

What I didn't like:

I'm not a fan of the lightsaber action. Maybe it's because they promised us lightsaber battles where Jedi and Sith block each other and fight in choreography, but it feels slow and underwhelming. Actually, from what I've seen, I think I liked KotOR's lightsaber battles better.

I don't like the vastness of planets like Tatooine, either. Maybe it's because I didn't really wanted to have Tatooine as playable planet again, but there's only so much you can do on a desert planet. Same goes for Hoth. Making these planets so big make them quite boring, I think. We'll see how that goes when we're playing the game ourselves.

I also have an issue with some of the main character voices. I don't like the Bounty Hunter's, for example, and since I'm gonna play that class, it's better when you can play a 100-hour class with voice acting you can stand. But maybe it'll grow on me, who knows.

The UI looks clunky and cartoonish. I hope we an alter it.

What I liked:

The Flashpoints look like a great combination of a big story mission with a difficult but fun dungeon mechanic that requires teamwork.

I'm actually quite surprised of how good the Smuggler and the Imperial Agent classes work. I was a bit worried about how that cover system would work, but it turns out real nice.

In contrast to what I find dull planets, others I can't wait to visit. Nar Shaddaa would be a favorite.

Lastly, I'm also quite impressed about how quickly feedback reaches BioWare and their willingness to change. I know this is the MMO scene, this happens often I assume, but it's still nice to know they listen and that bodes well for when the game is released as well.

• 1 month later...

There weren't many things about playing that seemed likely to make me not continue looking forward to 12/20.

If I had to have gripes about the game so far, it would be the load times and fps. The game for the most part seems very finished to me, with a few small performance issues. I do worry that launch will be a laggy, low fps, mob camping mess of people though, as all the players who choose smuggler for instance, will all be funneled thru the same quest area. I hope BW addresses these issues prior to launch.

I had no problem with the UI, everything to me seemed to be where it needed to be. and I found it reminiscent of the SWG interface. others complained about no Auto Attacks. Meaning.. you have to be there at the computer using your skills. You can't auto attack and go grab a coke, which I like.. and which they do not plan to change. others complained about having to target someone to heal or things of that nature.. cause their Addons from WoW would not be available in this game.

The graphic look and feel of the game.. is awesome. they didn't go for the Vanguard style, uber realistic.. which I'm happy about, but the characters and world are very detailed, the mobs are also very detailed. Space combat.. I was like meh... it was beautiful.. but on rails.. no exploration at all.

Overall, I think the game will do very well at launch and will only get better from there.

I think the game will pull away lots of people from World of Warcraft but I am hoping that the gameplay style and story-line progression will keep the instant gratification, leet play types from sticking around for too long. I can however see this game maintaining a healthy playerbase, especially with SWG closing/closed.

Archived