Home

SW:TOR New Timeline Video Series - The Sith Archives

Darth_Panopticus

Hey there Star Wars fans,

Just wanted to share a new fan made video series with you. In the build up to the launch of Bioware's Star Wars MMO, we've begun a companion series to their official time-line videos and created the Sith Archives. We've already released the first three videos and have an entire series planned.

Check out the first entry in the Sith Archives by clicking the following link:

Rise of the Silent Council:

Details:

This is the first video in a series of timeline entries from the Sith Archives on Korriban.

A holorecord in the Sith Archive provides the first evidence of a new threat facing the galaxy as Darth Panopticus and the Silent Council emerge from two millennia of hibernation to unleash their rage and destructive force upon the known Galaxy. While both the Republic and Empire are building up for the coming war... in the shadows beyond the Outer Rim, an ancient Sith menace has been plotting the downfall of all who would dare to stand in their way. The darkness is coming and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

"Time is a lie, there is only patience.

Through patience, I gain perspective.

Through perspective, I gain knowledge.

Through knowledge, I gain control.

Through control, their chains are forged.

The Force shall enslave them."

- excerpt from the Holocron of Darth Panopticus

-------------------------------------

Archive #2

The Great Hyperspace War

Check it out the second video by clicking the following link:

Details:

The Great Hyperspace War was a war fought between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire in BTC 1347.

The conflict encompassed the entire Galactic Republic, though the main forces focused their attention on three Republic worlds, and later took the war to the remote star system Primus Goluud, and the Sith mausoleum world of Korriban.

After it overcame the initial shock of the Sith invasion, the Republic's armadas regrouped and annihilated the Sith Empire, forcing the Sith Lord Naga Sadow to exile himself to Yavin 4. In this record from the Sith Archive, Darth Panopticus retells the events of the Hyperspace war from a Sith perspective.

-------------------------------------

Archive #3

Resurrection Holocrons

Check it out the third video by clicking the following link

Details:

BTC 440- The Sith scientist Darth Foucaultus explains the panoptic philosophy of power that operates as a core principle in the construction of Resurrection Holocrons.

The holocron was able to capture the appearance and cognitive networks of the holocron's owner, and transform this into a three-dimensional hologram. This gatekeeper acted as a guide through the holocron's store of information, as a search and recovery engine with a more personal touch. These gatekeepers could relate stories from the holocron's archives to events in the life of the one who activated the holocron.

So this is all fanfic for your "Silent Council", not just y'all trying to make videos of the timeline entries BioWare hasn't gotten to yet? Shame, my interest just dropped a lot.

I understand your concern, and the intent for the series in not to have just a fanfic for the silent council... although we do have a narrative to tell. The majority of archive entries planned are completely lore based and we intend to try and cover the areas of Sith lore that have been missed. Future entries are on a wide variety of subjects and cover periods of time from Dathka Graush the original sith king all the way up to events in Darth Malgus life prior to his venturing into the unknown regions.

Since we do not want to rewrite the actions of canon Sith characters, we created our own to tell the Sith history from their perspective. Once we can familiarize ourselves with the narrative in SW:TOR after launch, we will continue the series by focusing on creating lore entries about the events Bioware has added to the timeline.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to the post and while it's unfortunate that you're not interested in what we are working on, I appreciate that you at least checked it out and shared your thoughts about it.

Wasn't Adas the original Sith King? Graush came after Adas. :p And Malgus went into the Unknown Regions? Thought that was Revan.

You don't have to rewrite canon, just retell canon. Enough of the events of the various timeline entries have been told to give a basic story in videos. For example, the only thing new in BW's entry on The Great Hyperspace War was that the current Sith Emperor was alive and serving in that war. Or for Exar Kun's Sith War, that the entombed Sith Lords of Korriban favored Exar Kun but denied the Sith Emperor for unknown reasons. A retelling plus a tiny thread on the tail end that ties to the game.

Sorry for the skepticism. A while back someone cross-posted on several TOR forums about "a mysterious transmission" that only turned out to be stealth advertising for a guild. Since then, I've been a bit leery of hidden possible guild spam. :p If you stuck around and chatted beyond just promoting your guild and stuff, that'd be cool. :)

Wasn't Adas the original Sith King? Graush came after Adas. :p And Malgus went into the Unknown Regions? Thought that was Revan.

Good catch on the adas part...that's what I get for typing a response without checking the source material... the archivist is gonna be mad at me! :)

According to Bioware, Malgus "led military expeditions into the Unknown Regions, claiming new territories and furthering the influence of the Empire as a whole", so it looks like he ventured in Revan's footsteps sometime after the events of Decieved.

Thanks for the input! we've definitely got plans to do something on Exar Kun. The idea for the Emperor piece is cool too but since he's a big part of the lore of the game, until we know more about him specifically, I wouldn't want to end up with contradicting narratives.

As for sticking around and posting, while I am new to these forums and my first post was about a project that I was working on, I fully intend on starting to partake in the community discussions here.

Thanks for responding and I look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Darth Panopticus, thanks for taking the time on doing these I did enjoy them, do I check out the KotOR sections of the boards, as you will find some helpful information over there too which will be somewhat related; I'm sure you will also find a few people round here to check future scripts to make sure it's in keeping with the already set lore...

These videos are awesome! So is this new faction you're introducing the "even truer Sith"? ;)

Thanks for the kind comment! As for what the new faction is....time will tell. For now the main focus with the next archive entries is on events and characters from the canon but overtime we'll definitely reveal more about the narrative we are working on.

Stay tuned :)

Darth Panopticus, thanks for taking the time on doing these I did enjoy them, do I check out the KotOR sections of the boards, as you will find some helpful information over there too which will be somewhat related; I'm sure you will also find a few people round here to check future scripts to make sure it's in keeping with the already set lore...

Thanks for welcoming me to the boards. I've been checking out the various areas but I'll make sure to head over to the KotOR section and add what's there to our research list.

It's nice to know there are other people interested in the history of the Sith.

The fourth entry in the Sith Archives has just been released:

Darth Malgus

Check it out by clicking the following link:

Details:

ATC 10 -

Destroyer, Discoverer, Diplomat

In the modern history of the Sith Empire, Darth Malgus stands out as a curiosity. This Sith Archive takes a closer look at the enigmatic warrior who lead the strike force against the Jedi Temple at Coruscant and then walked away from the power games of the Empire to conqueror new territories in the Unknown Regions.

Wow.. The things we remember.. I just watched the first video in the OP.. The sound the text made as it was being written.. The same sound used in the cut scenes for an old game called Dscent 2 and also Descent 3..

Just brought back some old memories!! Awsome videos though!! Awsome work..

Archived