Home

Melee Island DM map for Half-Life

MusicallyInspired

Oh, this is old (but very awesome). It's the best MI themed map I've played, with the possibily exception of International House of Mojo for Quake.

The map was actually made in 2004, before Half-life 2 came out (see http://www.jooki.de/melee3d/).

A video of Mojo people playing it back in the day:

The creator e-mailed me last year to tell me about that video and the map, and I suggested that we invite him to play a game with us on it, but he was on a holiday for a while, then I went on holiday, then I forgot.

Anyway, it's a really really good map.

I think that was a Huz signature death! You know you've been playing too much with the same people when you can tell who killed you by the way you died. Huz might also pick you off from a distance with his 'sniper rifle' (in fact a very large rocket launcher).

When I saw the rockpapershotgun post yesterday, for a brief moment I thought the video was Huz's MIGC one. Happy memories, that video always makes me smile.

I remember emailing the creator of that map years ago for something scumm bar-related (I forget what) but he never replied :~

Archived