Home

New Games?

harIII

I know that this would be a lot of work to begin with so feasibility aside I just want to know if anyone has ever attempted anything like this. Also please note I haven't experimented too much into this but I do know that some of this is possible. Anyways onto the juicy stuff...

I'm curious if it's possible to make a new game in the KOTOR/TSL game. When I say new game I'm talking about the Pazaak game, I want to create a new game such as a checkers game for my project SOTE which will be in TSL. I know for a fact that we can edit the gui interface by changing the numerical layout of objects by working with, I think they are gui files. It's been a while since I've opened them up. I'm presuming that these gui files have references in the NWSCRIPT.nss files but if I create them is it possible to make new interfaces. Let me know what you guys think.

I have an idea for a interactive galaxy map mini game similar to the one in Mass Effect. Of course I can't change the mechanics at all but I'm going to include it in ROM. It'll be like a new or reskined module with the hologram planet models for the planets.

Cool, so it's basically Empire at War?

Also did some research into Dejarik and I want to run the rules by the community to make sure I have everything right. Also if any of you have any ideas as to how to script this, please throw them out there. It sounds like this is possible but I'm just not sure how to go about doing this.

Image2.gif

Above is what the game board looks like. There are a total of 8 pieces which are randomly divided up between two players so that each get 4 pieces. The first move is decided by a coin toss. Each player then has two consecutive moves, however I'm tempted to just make it one so that it would be easier to play, and mod for that matter... :thmbup1:

Then each piece has different attributes which they use to define a kill:

Piece 1 - Attack (6) Defense (6) Movement (2)

Piece 2 - Attack (6) Defense (5) Movement (3)

Piece 3 - Attack (4) Defense (3) Movement (2)

Piece 4 - Attack (4) Defense (4) Movement (1)

Piece 5 - Attack (2) Defense (7) Movement (3)

Piece 6 - Attack (3) Defense (8) Movement (1)

Piece 7 - Attack (7) Defense (3) Movement (2)

Piece 8 - Attack (8) Defense (2) Movement (2)

In the Star Wars universe the pieces were actual creatures so here is a list of potential creatures which I thought may work nicely. Let me know if something works better:

1 - Terentanak

2 - Zekkeg

3 - Boma

4 - Tukata

5 - Kath Hound

6 - Drexl Larva

7 - Hssiss

8 - Rancor

Also one thing I'd like to do is make new creatures for SOTE so there is a very good chance that if the new creatures are added, then they will take the places of some of these creatures.

Archived