Home

Grim Fandango Fan Game

jermy721

These are great ideas, and I would see a GF fan game absolutely like that. But I think that the project here is dead (well, never born, actually).

Sorry to reply late N3mo.

Well, I'd like to start one!

I'm going to analyse Grim Fandango and understand what made it special. I'm gonna observe Grim Fandango, Follow Grim Fandango, Walk with Grim Fandango, See through Grim Fandango and finally, become Grim Fandango!

Then I'm gonna try to merge it with a classic novel/story/fable for brainstorming purposes and see what I can come up with.

Good luck with that! And if there is a little something I can do for it, PM me!

Thanks! Your talents can be of great help recreating some of background's textures! As ThunderPeel said the post above,

Don't be afraid to get in touch if you have time and energy to spare!

Thank you very much, you are so kind! And thank you for linking that artist, it's great inspiration. I'm here anyway, I'm going to post some Grim Fandango poster in the near future!

You're very welcome!

*looks at the DeviantArt page and is shoced after seeing N3mo's avatar*

Wow! Unbelivable! I was following you on G+ earlier without knowing you! You +1'd my comment on the Tetris comic you posted! So you're the creator of this page! [https://plus.google.com/u/0/113706064247578443528]

Heh, "Small world"! This is my profile on Deviant Art [http://jonnotavailable.deviantart.com/]

Looking forward for the GF posters! The original was ... not very impressive ...

Sorry to reply late N3mo.

Well, I'd like to start one!

I'm going to analyse Grim Fandango and understand what made it special. I'm gonna observe Grim Fandango, Follow Grim Fandango, Walk with Grim Fandango, See through Grim Fandango and finally, become Grim Fandango!

Then I'm gonna try to merge it with a classic novel/story/fable for brainstorming purposes and see what I can come up with.

With a solid project, I will surely help you. I love this game. If you need to truly understand it, read the originale puzzle document (if you already haven't done yet). For anthing well-designed, I'm IN!

You're very welcome!

*looks at the DeviantArt page and is shoced after seeing N3mo's avatar*

Wow! Unbelivable! I was following you on G+ earlier without knowing you! You +1'd my comment on the Tetris comic you posted! So you're the creator of this page! [https://plus.google.com/u/0/113706064247578443528]

Heh, "Small world"! This is my profile on Deviant Art [http://jonnotavailable.deviantart.com/]

Looking forward for the GF posters! The original was ... not very impressive ...

Oh wow. It's a small world indeed :) Yes, that Google+ page is mine, as well as the Facebook page. I already told I was a fanatic..

If you need to truly understand it, read the originale puzzle document (if you already haven't done yet)

Oh yeah, Thanks for reminding me to read that! I got it a while back and forgot about it ...

For anthing well-designed, I'm IN!

Cool! I'll look forward to working with ya, If I get to design something good ...

I already told I was a fanatic..

Heh! I like the page's Icon. After seeing your avatar and blog here I kinda suspected you might be the owner of that page :)

Cool! I'll look forward to working with ya, If I get to design something good ...

Uh no, I didn't mean to be arrogant, it's just my questionable english :)

Anyway, I'd love to work in a Grim-related project, so let's do something! :)

Uh no, I didn't mean to be arrogant, it's just my questionable english :)

No! No no no, It's a double-misunderstanding! I didn't mean to seem as if I thought you were arrogant. I honestley hoped for the fan game to turn out well made.

Anyway, I'd love to work in a Grim-related project, so let's do something! :)

Yeah! Let's do it! Do you happen to use Dropbox? We can share a folder using that service.

I have an idea for the story. The main character of the game is seeking revenge for something that happened to him when he was living.

That's a good story arc to consider, But before writing the plot, I'd like to understand truly what makes Grim Fadango, Grim Fandango. I'd like to analyse the game 1st.

But, I'm not saying that brainstorming [like you did Jeremy] is prohibited! Not at all. In fact, It's very desired and welcome. but I don't like to start doing so. I want to analyse the game 1st.

One thing, Do you still want to direct this project? Or are you willing to work with my fan project? Because, I'd like to make something new with the setting and atmosphere of Grim Fandango. I lke storys with neutral or bad endings and dark-comedy's. And you may not like that.

Yeah! Let's do it! Do you happen to use Dropbox? We can share a folder using that service.

Let's do this!

I don't use Dropbox, I know it's a useful tool, but It's a software.

Considering that I use multiple laptops during the days, I would find more helpful to use GoogleDocs, where you can deposit files and documents, and even communicate (with notes or chatting) with others members of the project upon every single file; all on a browser (1GB is the limit).

But I'm open to everything. Really. I'm excited.

I don't really want to spend to much time developing the story. To many fan games get cancled because they spend to much time trying to make a big complex story. By the time proggraming begins every gets tired of the game and abandons it

I really want this game to be made

^ Jermy721, we think that we will put together some ideas after a pretty careful analysis of the original game. This is for the sole purpose of creating a fan-game that really is a credit to the work we want to celebrate; and to give something more apart from the title "Grim Fandango".

At least for me and JonN/A, we do not want to rush. This doesn't mean we will spend years around the initial preparation, but we agree that this is a critical phase in a project like this.

We too want this game to be made, but desire is not enough.

Anyway, for anyone interested, something is moving :)

Archived