Home

Problem with Terra Nova tv show

newbiemodder

I assume most of you have seen the ads or have read about this new show called Terra Nova which starts tonight I believe on FOX. If I understand the premise of this show, and someone please correct me if I am wrong: The year is appx 2150 and the Earth is facing hard times mainly due to man's stupidity, so what do they do ---decide to go back in time and start all over again. Hoping that we will learn from our mistakes and create a better world, blah, blah, blah....

For some reason, I just have a big problem with the story line. Why do we deserve a second chance? We never learn from our mistakes. Not to mention the problem of the theorized mass extinction event that wiped out the dinosaurs.

I don't know...I just had to get this off my chest.

You know, if they took the time travel out and move it to nearest habitable planet, it would almost make sense, even if it did end up being a cliché.

Then it'd just be Earth 2... man I remember that show, it sucked lol.

I saw an advertisement for this show on TV awhile back and was like "lol, staying away from this one, too silly for me".

I saw an advertisement for this show on TV awhile back and was like "lol, staying away from this one, too silly for me".

Same here Spielberg or not it just looks meh, Fox has put sooo much money into this project they are advertising it to high hell because if it tanks they will lose out so much. The pilot was like $20 million and every episode is like 4 million, they have ordered 13 episodes already. It would be quite funny if it failed epically.

I saw the trailer, saw the guy from Avatar was in it (Stephen Lang, though he'll always be General Pickett to me) and thought it was some sort of prequel TV series.

Either way, I wasn't impressed, but I think I might give the first episode a look at least.

Archived