Home

Sooo...

Negative Sun

• 2 weeks later...

I dated a girl for a month in 8th grade. We're still friends, I have been single since and prior. I dislike the dating game, I am not competitive and I do not care for silly games with tricky flirting. I am a strong sensitive male and I am very aware that I crave a partner more than anything, and that my mind body and soul have adapted to solitude as a matter of necessity, and not convenience. I have always taken the matter in the utmost seriousness and for that I have yet perhaps to experience intamacy or romance. I think that speaks to our time, this world is cold and digital and I look forward to moving away from this in my own life, perhaps witnessing it continue from afar or partaking in its natural progression in whatever way I may. :/

I have always taken the matter in the utmost seriousness and for that I have yet perhaps to experience intamacy or romance.

I think you're tripping out on this way too hard. This may not be easy, never is, but once you stop caring so much and stop depending on it for a sense of well being and accomplishment in life you will be surprised. It's like as soon as stop paying attention, you have someone on the radar before you know it. Having a sense of self worth is vital to having confidence.

I'm not going to even try to tell you how to do it, but confidence is something you work on constantly. You don't just have it and keep it.

I think that speaks to our time, this world is cold and digital and I look forward to moving away from this in my own life, perhaps witnessing it continue from afar or partaking in its natural progression in whatever way I may. :/

Part of the problem is that the digital age has perpetuated a best or nothing perfectionism. You don't even realize how profoundly you have absorbed this until you fight it.

Learn to take rejection in person and come back from it. Public speech, keep trying it. They're only people. You can't befriend everyone. You can't even keep everyone you do befriend--you'll find you probably won't want to. We all change.

You are right: you never really meet anyone at your computer. That's why if, for example, I do go into SWTOR, it will only be casual. I find my tastes for SW lately going more towards cosplay and crafting my own lightsabers and stuff. RPing with friends in person.

I have other parts of life, we all do. I love LF but if it crashed tomorrow...well life moves on (though that reminds me I should try to get in contact with others here I care to take beyond this site).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived