Home

Shatterpoint

Ogriv83

In Shatterpoint we see Mace Windu begin to doiubt and question himself and his beliefs. My question is how close do you think he came to succumbing to his inner demons.

I mean Deepa Bilaba his padawan for aprox 10 years succomb in what i belive was a few short months so obviously Harrun Kal's jungl had an effect on Jedi but just how close did Mace come to as Deepa put it "Going Sane"

• 3 weeks later...
How exactly?

It's not exactly hard to figure out considering that a number of novels set during the events of the Clone Wars have been rendered non-canon/moot/redunant/etc. I thinK Kathy Tyers is the best example iirc. Then there's Coruscant Nights that takes place after the clone wars but the fate of one of the central figures was affected by the almighty "T-Canon"-ness of the cartoon show so more or less writing that novel series as never happened.

It's not exactly hard to figure out considering that a number of novels set during the events of the Clone Wars have been rendered non-canon/moot/redunant/etc. I thinK Kathy Tyers is the best example iirc.

I never saw any statement saying novel X or Y is now non-canon. But I'll be happy if you could point me out one.

Then there's Coruscant Nights that takes place after the clone wars but the fate of one of the central figures was affected by the almighty "T-Canon"-ness of the cartoon show so more or less writing that novel series as never happened.

Are you talking about Even Piell? Well, now it's explained why isn't he in the Jedi Council on RotS. And the novel is not considered non canon, only waiting to be retconned.

Anyway, how exactly is Shatterpoint non canon again?

I never saw any statement saying novel X or Y is now non-canon. But I'll be happy if you could point me out one.

Are you talking about Even Piell? Well, now it's explained why isn't he in the Jedi Council on RotS. And the novel is not considered non canon, only waiting to be retconned.

Anyway, how exactly is Shatterpoint non canon again?

You need only continue watching The Clone Wars to see for yourself what future rets will take place.

• 1 month later...

I seriously wonder how Georges can conceive TCW series as being canon. Then again, Jar Jar is supposedly canon, too, so... But still, the Ashoka buisness is not serious! Just take a look at the first EU book series ever: Zahnn's Dark Force Rising. Can you even begin to imagine the impact? I mean, Darth Vader did kill just about all of the Jedi. What happens to his apprentice? Does he spare her (so she may return in Star Wars Unleashed III :( )? And you have to know that most books tend to integrate the rest of the star wars lore in them (just read Zahnn and then Stackpole, his biggest chum). Imagine if they had to adapt Thrawn's trilogy to integrate Ashoka. That would be so lame. There is one conclusion: Ashoka must die. Also, about the clone war, look what they did to the Mandalorians... What's with this guirly Duchess of Mandalore? I would picture her as a strong person, one that is cold and calculating. Instead, we get a weak emotional character. Seriously, Shatterpoint was a complex book and added a lot of depth to Star Wars. TCW? It is just a 3d kids show with a weak story. Let's face-it, story-wise, the 6 films were quite simple. George's strength lies in visual effect. But while the story was simple, it also was strong. TCW is just a sad excuse to make more profit.

I seriously wonder how Georges can conceive TCW series as being canon. Then again, Jar Jar is supposedly canon, too, so... But still, the Ashoka buisness is not serious! Just take a look at the first EU book series ever: Zahnn's Dark Force Rising. Can you even begin to imagine the impact? I mean, Darth Vader did kill just about all of the Jedi. What happens to his apprentice? Does he spare her (so she may return in Star Wars Unleashed III :( )? And you have to know that most books tend to integrate the rest of the star wars lore in them (just read Zahnn and then Stackpole, his biggest chum). Imagine if they had to adapt Thrawn's trilogy to integrate Ashoka. That would be so lame. There is one conclusion: Ashoka must die. Also, about the clone war, look what they did to the Mandalorians... What's with this guirly Duchess of Mandalore? I would picture her as a strong person, one that is cold and calculating. Instead, we get a weak emotional character. Seriously, Shatterpoint was a complex book and added a lot of depth to Star Wars. TCW? It is just a 3d kids show with a weak story. Let's face-it, story-wise, the 6 films were quite simple. George's strength lies in visual effect. But while the story was simple, it also was strong. TCW is just a sad excuse to make more profit.

OpoQQ.jpg

Am I the only one who has a hard time understanding that post?

Oooh, that is sad. What would you like me to clarify for you? Anyhow, my post is merely a critic about the TV series of Clone Wars, if that was unclear to you, though I wonder how that could be...

I know that your post is a critic about the series. I only don't get what exactly are you criticizing.

Well, I guess you probably know that when Star Wars authors write a novel, they have to take into consideration what has already been written by others (and themselves, of course). In this regard, they are somehow limited in what they create. And of course, you know that the Star Wars movies have been modified in content (what with the who shot first debate and all). So the critic is about if they re-edited not only the films, but also the books (in this case, more precisely to fit the Clone Wars story). Of course, I know they did not do it, yet. But I'd hate for that to happen. Does that make-it any clearer to you?

Archived