Home

Steve Jobs has died

Lordjedi

I don't think you all realize it, but most of us learned about Steve Jobs' death on a device HE made.

I doubt that, TV and non-mac based computers are still in the majority... and although Apple has the largest single market share of the smartphone market, they're still not the majority if you count everyone else as a unified competition to them.

But I understand what you were trying to say, a lot of people learned of the news using an idevice or mac product.

^^^R.I.P. Ralph Steinman. A man whose great achievements have helped the human race in no small manner:

proxy?container=accel&gadget=www.bspcn.com&debug=0&nocache=0&v=r1ms3j8r1a84iuchecljnbfv50&rooe=1&html_tag_context=img&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FKmCzW.png

I pray other like him will rise and continue his work.

Maybe it's just me but most "Ralph's" I have known have been helpful, generous, kind, active, and contributory. There is something to be said about names and personal traits.

At any rate, two brilliant people died 10-6-11. They will be missed.

Another common misconception: Apple is the only company to innovate.

Now if only these companies weren't so busy suing each other in some kind of stupid patent war and trying to prevent each other from selling their products and being anti-competitive.

Apple alone has managed to stop the sale of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 in Europe and Australia... in Australia Apple's lawyers say that they fear the Galaxy Tab 10.1 will "seduce" people into buying a Tab instead of an iPad: http://www.theage.com.au/digital-life/tablets/apple-fears-samsung-tablet-will-seduce-customers-court-told-20110929-1kyl5.html

Apple doesn't want to compete with a similar product? Funny, I thought that's how capitalism worked.

Of course, I'm not some kind of Apple hater, I just hate it when I see such rampant asshattery going on where a company like this is able to get away with so much anti-competitive, monopolizing behaviour when a company like Microsoft is accused of it at every turn.

As innovative and great Apple was under Steve, it became a tyrant as well. I wish people could see that much.

Common misconception: Apple hasn't really come up with anything first, they were simply the first to market that particular product successfully.

MP3 players, touchscreen smart phones and tablets aren't Apple inventions, but they rose to popularity because of the company and their efforts.

^ My thoughts exactly and nothing but the truth. I'm sorry but one article I read said stuff about how he gave us all these awesome Pixar movies and gave us all this new technology and so forth... He did not create Pixar he just bought it, he did not write all those amazing stories. It is a huge discredit to the people who worked so hard on those projects. He did not single handedly re-invent modern day technology, he had a good marketing team, period.

He was a smart guy, a good orator and a shrewd businessman, period. May he RIP.

To me the old school Sony Walkman revolutionised portable music and is very understated IMO.

At any rate, two brilliant people died 10-6-11. They will be missed.

6/10/11 Day, Month, Year...It's only logical :thmbup1:

6/10/11 Day, Month, Year...It's only logical :thmbup1:

Logic and America have nothing to do with each other. :patriot:

After spending 4 hours dealing with a error message on my iphone yesterday when updating it, I really wished Steve Jobs was still alive. Because I would like to....Self-Censored :swear::xp:

I love what he did for technology--not only directly through Apple, but also by encouraging fierce competition from other companies to work their tails off to keep up with him. In the 60's, a Star Trek hand-held communicator was sci-fi. Now we have iPhones and Androids. In the 70's, we had bulky 8 track tape players and in the early 80's, Walkmans were the latest and greatest. Now we have tiny iPods and Zunes that hold 16 gB of music or more--enough for weeks! In the early 90's, we thought Star Trek PADDs were sci-fi. Now we have the iPad.

He was a fighter, too. Most people die within a year of their pancreatic cancer diagnosis. He fought it 9 years. That was an extraordinary battle. My sympathies go out to his family.

Archived