Home

Occupy Wall Street

Dak Drexl

@Q: I don't see why they need to understand why they are being pepper-sprayed, as long as they make politicians jittery enough to actually support some of the causes they are trumpeting. Sure, it might not work and sure it could turn into a circus that turns the rest of the country against them. Then again, that was once the conventional wisdom regarding the Tea-party.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@Q: I don't see why they need to understand why they are being pepper-sprayed' date=' as long as they make politicians jittery enough to actually support some of the causes they are trumpeting.[/quote']

These entitlement-mentality retards don't seem to understand that the presidential candidate who they're obviously going to vote for (again) is owned by the very people they're protesting, as is any Republican candidate.

They're getting maced for nothing, because nothing will change until we take corporate money out of our politics, and to do that will require a constitutional amendment.

They're getting maced for nothing, because nothing will change until we take corporate money out of our politics, and to do that will require a constitutional amendment.
Q you should be their leader, because if they came out and just said that was their objective then they may not be ridiculed to the extent they are now. Instead they all being painted as out of work, lazy, criminals that believe the government owes them something and that is too broad a brush.

Also, Newt who himself has spent a majority of his life living off the government tits and getting rich playing “consultant” (another word for lobbyist), should learn that a public park is open to all citizens, not just the ones with money. However, when you were the first Speaker of the House to ever be disciplined for ethic violations, then you may know scumbags when you see them (after all you see one every day when you look in the mirror). :xp:

America is f'ed up.

At least from the outside looking in...

From this side it just looks like David vs. Goliath, with David being portrayed as a bunch of lazy scumbags.

Just waiting for someone to say "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche."

@Q--I agree.

@mim--problem w/OWS is that the kooks that their circus atmosphere has attracted and abetted have become a blight on their movement. And unlike w/the Tea Party people, they've overstayed their welcome and become a public hazard and nuisance (to put it politely). Perhaps if these people were less of a rabble and more an organized and law abiding group, the media might not have anything to "paint them with broad brush strokes" over in the first place. The MSM (nevermind dem pols) would have liked nothing better than to present OWS as the mirror left image of the Tea Party people. Events have effectively neutered that as a realistic and rationale option. First impressions are very hard (though not necessarily impossible) to overcome. As to "Let them eat cake", it'd more likely be fromage in this case (as in govt cheese). :devsmoke:

@Prime & sabre---what, you mean there're actually other countries in the world?!? :xp:

Q you should be their leader, because if they came out and just said that was their objective then they may not be ridiculed to the extent they are now. Instead they all being painted as out of work, lazy, criminals that believe the government owes them something and that is too broad a brush.

extreme-ironing-04.jpg

Ideally we will have a quicker move towards unification, is being slowed by the fact that the targeted corrupt are hiding behind a sinking Republican minority making noise at Democrats whom I do not know about in terms of if they support action against the power in the states... really I just read different news sites and make my own judgements. I predict Obama winning his second term and a more organized move towards progressive America.

While I agree that getting the money out is important, I don't see why we should let the best be the enemy of good. If momentum is behind other beneficial changes, then let's support them since they are more achievable, while trying to convince them to support our cause. Deriding other efforts as tiny changes, is fine until you consider that said tiny changes can make a huge difference to some people.

Still don't get that the Democrats are bought and paid for, too, huh?

There is no real difference between the two parties. It's all an illusion. OOOOOOOWEEEEEEEOOOOOOH!

I was ignoring them. They know who they are. But I agree with you on your last point, perhaps though from the perspective of an idealist who still believes in institutionalized change at least a little.

Likely to be partisan involvement at local/state level in trying to get something passed, nevermind the headache of a Constitutional Convention. Still, it does allow for an end-run around the feds. Given how they (Congress) seem permanently mired in growing irrelevance and impotence, it's a good thing the founders had some foresight.

Also, nice to see what kind of responsible citizens these coddled OWS protestors continue to be. :rolleyes:

Also, nice to see what kind of responsible citizens these coddled OWS protestors continue to be. :rolleyes:
Yes, they are all exactly the same and all have committed crimes. I guess all the republican candidates for President are all guilty of sexual harassment too? Or does that logic only work on those on the left? :xp:

If enough United States citizens rise up against a corporate entity, the notion of corporate accountability at the federal level may come into active questioning.

The physical structure of American government is stagnant and financially maintained. What the occupiers are doing is a sensible strategic movement given its roots and the nature of our current governing body also supported by roots movement.

Yeah, well if all the Tea Party types can be labled and/or dismissed as rednecks and racists....I guess the old saying about what's good for the goose... :devsmoke:

With the irony of this being that the Neo-Nazis are supporting the OWS.

How many deaths at Tea Party Rallys?

How many rapes?

How many prostitution rings?

Any Tea partiers dropping deuces on cop cars?

How about vandalism? Any on the Tea Party side? I mean I remember one incident that later turned out to be a former volunteer for the Democrat it happened to, so I'll go ahead and say a few. But nothing so blatant as the OWS.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
10119942-large.jpg

Tea Party Rallys tended to leave the area CLEANER than they found it.

How many tons of garbage have the OWS people left?

Tea partiers are pussies, they're numbers and voices for a nameless republican presence in the white house that few really believe in. Nobody cares about Neo-Nazis, they live for the pointless ways; one neo nazi can attempt a murder and his identity will be erased by the American justice system.

Occupiers show force for financial accountability and reform, and I claim my bias freely because the alternative is of course nothing and we still have self-defeated progressions of policy coming through from the Bush era. Republicans still have an attractive opportunity to offer small government reform and Democrats still have an attractive opportunity to propose progressive social and financial revisions to our current set or rules.

Working together is not hard. Anyone who does not apply themselves to the task of working together openly will fail, in my eyes. Most of the GOP candidates have opposed this initiative. I believe they will fail to gain enough support to turn the leadership of America against President Obama, and I believe that President Obama will continue to gather support for his bipartisan talks and passive progressive mending of America's woes.

Tea partiers are pussies, they're numbers and voices for a nameless republican presence in the white house that few really believe in. Nobody cares about Neo-Nazis, they live for the pointless ways; one neo nazi can attempt a murder and his identity will be erased by the American justice system.

Occupiers show force for financial accountability and reform, and I claim my bias freely because the alternative is of course nothing and we still have self-defeated progressions of policy coming through from the Bush era. Republicans still have an attractive opportunity to offer small government reform and Democrats still have an attractive opportunity to propose progressive social and financial revisions to our current set or rules.

Working together is not hard. Anyone who does not apply themselves to the task of working together openly will fail, in my eyes. Most of the GOP candidates have opposed this initiative. I believe they will fail to gain enough support to turn the leadership of America against President Obama, and I believe that President Obama will continue to gather support for his bipartisan talks and passive progressive mending of America's woes.

Tea Partiers are not supported by the Republican party. In fact there have been a few Democrats who were supported OVER the Republican candidate. OWS has been supported by the Democrat party from the start. While it's true that many Republicans support the Tea Party, it's more along the lines of them being more in line with the Tea Party than the other way around.

@90SK--while "working together" is not hard in theory, it usually is in fact. When both parties see radically different paths to a solution (ever bigger vs smaller/curtailed govt), co-operating becomes that much harder. But given your obvious preference for hardcore confrontation to achieve a goal, are you saying Teapartiers should have behaved as the OWS types have?

I would not say that, which I suppose in turn reveals my bias against tea partiers. I have a hard time perceiving the difference and I suppose their cause also speaks through their actions on differing levels of delivery, occupiers showing force and tea partiers ranking elections and debates.

I believe that radicalization is necessary if radical change is the end goal.

Archived