Home

Leisure Suit Larry returns in HD!

Laserschwert

I kind of know what SyntheticGerbil means. The LSL games were only really fun to me as archaic curios - not good games as such, but relics from the 80s, full of evolutionary dead ends (as with many Sierra games) that appealed to me in an academic sort of a way. Make new Larry games, sure, but re-releasing the old ones might not win the series any new fans I guess.

LSL still holds up quite a bit better than most of the Sierra catalog. If you gave somebody a remastered version of Kings Quest I without some massive reworkings to the mechanics, there's a good chance that they would start breaking things.

• 1 month later...

As much as I love the Leisure Suit Larry franchise, I'm bound to the mac. Since, at the moment, they're only developing PC, that counts me out of the kickstart pledge.

It worries me a bit as well that what, eight months since the announcement, they finally decide to put it on kickstarter... and they've still only got the one room to show for it.

As much as I love the Leisure Suit Larry franchise, I'm bound to the mac. Since, at the moment, they're only developing PC, that counts me out of the kickstart pledge.

It worries me a bit as well that what, eight months since the announcement, they finally decide to put it on kickstarter... and they've still only got the one room to show for it.

Wrong! See FAQs:

What platforms do you guys intend to support?

OK, had a LONG ASS talk with the programmers and this is what we're able to give you guys with the $500k Kickstarter pledge. Ready? 1) PC 2) Mac 3) iPad 4) Android tablets. Once we surpass our $500k Kickstarter goal we can talk about additional rooms, more girls, Larry getting in to more trouble, and yes, even a version for you hardcore Linux users out there!!

Hmmm... how does that work? You get a download code for the platform of your choice? If you buy the 'physical copy' option, do you get a physical mac version?

This is the flaw of kickstarter - it's a 'throw everything at the wall and see what sells' option.

Of course, I'm just jealous because I'm in Australia and they won't let me post my campaign. :)

Hmmm... how does that work? You get a download code for the platform of your choice? If you buy the 'physical copy' option, do you get a physical mac version?

Heh, how it's gonna work is beyond me :p just wanted to inform you that there's no actual reason not to back the project (if the Mac version was your only problem, of course :) )

This is the flaw of kickstarter - it's a 'throw everything at the wall and see what sells' option.

Of course, I'm just jealous because I'm in Australia and they won't let me post my campaign. :)

Good news! They answered one of your questions ;)

With my $15 pledge, can I receive my game on a Mac instead of PC?

Yes!! You can pick between PC - Steam, PC stand alone, or Mac stand alone. If you chose the Mac version, however, you can not get it through the AppStore. We will need to send you a link to download the Mac version directly to your computer.

Update #10: some awesome new goodies! :D

They added a new $150 tier for that much you get

1) physical game and game box

2) CD of the soundtrack

3) Lefty's breath spray,

4) Lefty's sexy lady "reveal" pen.

5) Lefty's shot glass

6) 4 Lefty's coasters,

7) softcover version of the Art of Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded

8) Leisure Suit Larry Brand Condom

9) Lefty’s Bar t-shirt

and they revealed what the t-shirt will look like...

http://i.imgur.com/cYvXg.png

• 2 weeks later...

Now they have almost 590000 and a new update:

"So, here's the easier one: at the $550,000 level, we will be maxing out the game responses along the lines I suggested in my video update. Tons more jokes, tons more responses for clicking on screen features, dialogue trees, inventory-on-inventory messages, and more story! We’ll load every existing nook and cranny with extra content because, as Al pointed out to us, the original was “kinda thin” on that.

Now, here's the big one: at the $650,000 level, we're doing something that will change the face of Larry forever (if only!): we're adding a new location, new puzzles, and a new girl with her own storyline! Is this the infamous female character that Al was forced to cut from the original 1987 version of Leisure Suit Larry 1? Or am I just making that up entirely to add a sense of mystery? Your guess is as good as mine!"

Now how's that, guys? ;)

Archived