Home

Your ship doubles as a house?

Snarils

From what I have seen, ships will offer storage and a place for all your companions to be as well as a hub for quests and I believe they are customizable to a very small extent. (armor, weapons)

I am hoping to see ships become much more customizable, change the appearance.. maybe some battlescars. And inside, ability to place trophies or other items gathered in the travels.

The ability to set your ship as your bindpoint.. would also be a very nice feature.

Thoughts? what would you like to see?

I would definitely like to see more ship options in the future. I can understand why they are going one ship type per class to start out but it doesn't make sense that every Jedi in the galaxy flies the same starship.

It makes more sense than every bounty hunter in the galaxy flying the same ship.

I'd like to name my ship... dunno if that's possible in TOR since no one has said anything about it.

I'll ask around and double check, but I am fairly certain you cannot.

Edit : Confirmed you cannot, however I was reminded of a post where the devs discussed adding ship customization post-release, but no details on what could be customized.

I'll ask around and double check, but I am fairly certain you cannot.

Edit : Confirmed you cannot, however I was reminded of a post where the devs discussed adding ship customization post-release, but no details on what could be customized.

I bet the name won't be able to be customised so they can have the characters actually use the name in the dialogue.

• 2 weeks later...

If there is any kind of customization I reckon it should be in guild capital ships.

The name in dialogue could just be "The capital ship" if it's ever referred to, and your guild could collectively kit it out with different upgrades, paint jobs, weapons etc. It'd be quite fun if you ask me. :D

I would like to mount jedi heads on my sith capital ship's wall. :)

I do not think they should allow custom names of ships. Why i say that is that people in general tend to be lame or unimaginative. People tend to find ways to get around filters that generally insulting. I would be open to the program giving a list of 3 to 5 name you can chose from and you select.

Now to customize your ship, I think be neat, select 1 to 3 type of body style, then add features, color, battle scars, etc etc. Of course this will be limited to your race or starting point. Later you may upgrade with whatever currency, Point system or deeds accomplished or gained.

Personally, my smuggler would have his own ship and name it whatever he wants. (unless of course it had a few owners before and the smuggler doesn't have much choice in the matter, like gaining the ebon hawk)

Personally though, Customizable ships would be brilliant. The more customizing the better.

I'd love to riddle my ship with battle scars and damages to it's hull.

Archived