Home

Clone Wars plans to resurrect Darth Maul

Red Hessian

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"The decision to continue Darth Maul's story was something that came directly from George, and we all agreed that his return needed to be unique, unexpected and revenge filled. We don't know what his outcome will be, and as a fan -- that's exciting."

That's funny because Lucas specifically stated he had him cut in half in order to make sure fans couldn't find a way to bring him back. That still didn't stop fans and it looks like it now didn't stop George.

lets just retcon the OT and have Anakin use the force to re-grow his limbs and heal his burnt flesh, then we can CGI Hayden in to the 2017 special special edition

Following the current trends and the way things are going in Star Wars, this sounds disturbingly possible.

I don't see what the problem is... it's just more EU stuff... even if it did "come from George" my strict interpretation of Star Wars canon is if it's not in the 6 movies, it's not canon... therefore I'd only ever really get uppity over stuff that goes on with the 6 movies.

Clone Wars is Clone Wars, just a fun little side trip for folks who like Saturday morning toons, no biggie.

I don't see what the problem is... it's just more EU stuff... even if it did "come from George" my strict interpretation of Star Wars canon is if it's not in the 6 movies, it's not canon... therefore I'd only ever really get uppity over stuff that goes on with the 6 movies.

I have a similar structure. Everything out of the 6 movies is secondary canon, where I can pick which stories belong to my personal canon.

I would be fine with crap retcons if they didn't affect future merchandise. It's entropy at work! :swear:

What's next? Malak in a jar in ToR?

Palpatine fighting Cade Skywalker?

Ahsoka as Anakin's illegitimate half-sister?

Where will the line be drawn?

I would be fine with crap retcons if they didn't affect future merchandise. It's entropy at work! :swear:

What's next? Malak in a jar in ToR?

Palpatine fighting Cade Skywalker?

Ahsoka as Anakin's illegitimate half-sister?

Where will the line be drawn?

Sadly I can actually see GL giving the okay for those so long as there is credits - err money to be made :D

Meh. I never liked Darth Maul, but if this means he gets to die again, I'm happy with that.

Awesomely lame... but admittedly not as awesomely lame as the Star Trek EU lol. Now THAT is completely sad.

But thankfully not considered as canon by the franchise itself. :p

Archived