Home

Clone Wars plans to resurrect Darth Maul

Red Hessian

I really don't give a **** at this point anyhow because it's squeezing blood from stones for profit.

+1 they're really hopping the fanbase bigtime I mean the first movie came out in the 70's for christs sake.

When I was a kid I would love playing with action figures. Loved it, had all kinds of crazy battles, played with my friends even. We each had our collections. The new toys are pretty cool, I have no complaints with that aspect of it and really the clone wars get crappy airtime in the movies as is, a series isn't the worst idea to elaborate on the conflict though I will confess I haven't seen any of it nor do I intend to.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen much of it either. Watched the movie. However, all my complaints of CW and LA in general, prior to this were with a little bit of tolerance for it nonetheless. Now it's just getting ridiculous.

I tolerate walking on the original trilogy: I tolerated sidious' clone supply with the dark side power transfer essence also walking on the original trilogy; I like the PT even if it doesn't do the franchise as a whole very much justice.

This move is just simply walking on the PT which IMO smacks of desperation for profit, which I dislike.

On the bright side: At least I have a case full of classic 70's action figures (older than me--in my current physical form) I found in the trash of a garage when a client moved out.

Yeah, that's like someone getting out of the Sarlacc Pit. Oh wait... :D

I thought that thing swallowed its food whole and had slow digestion, so why wouldnt it be possible to get out? I find it more unbelievable that a huge, useless creature actually manages to live :xp:

By the way, Im kinda thinking that Maul will be a force ghost...

Once is not constant :p Also, that happened in some book hardly anyone has read or has even heard about. The Clone Wars in comparison is much closer to the source of canon from GL since he's involved in its making personally... and as silly as Maul returning may be, they're not going to do something like Luke and Leia travelling back in time. People seem to like to blow things out of proportion.

We don't even know in what way Maul is returning in TCW yet, it could just be some kind of holo-recording he left in case of his death that instructs whoever finds it of something, yada, yada.

We'll see how it all plays out when the episode or episodes in question actually air.

As I said in the post I edited at the same time you posted XD ... blowing things out of proportion.

Also, if you don't like it you can always pretend it never existed in the first place... I do that with pretty much the entirety of the EU. Doesn't exist in my Star Wars universe... only the 6 movies do. And if it does exist, it exists in a different continuity where they can do whatever the hell they want with it.

EDIT: Of course in my Star Wars universe, Han shoots first and the Max Rebo band doesn't have a jazz rapper in it.

But this is the "Clone Wars", so I wouldn't hold my breath.

What happened in the series to make you assume that?

People seem to like to blow things out of proportion.

We don't even know in what way Maul is returning in TCW yet, it could just be some kind of holo-recording he left in case of his death that instructs whoever finds it of something, yada, yada.

We'll see how it all plays out when the episode or episodes in question actually air.

Well said.

I guess the site crashed before my original post got to air last night - but what I said was I like bits of TCW, I just don't like how it's bigger than the originals now or at least it seems that way, but I guess with a new generation of Star Wars fans it's to be expected. I would have been all for a CG series based on the the classic Star Wars though.

Didn't that sith witch say that he was alive on another planet or something? If he came back as some kind of undead /force ghost he wouldn't technically be alive. I think TCW is going to take the cyborg route with this one (I think).

@ Blix: You're right, she does say that, though as with many TV series of this type, stuff tends to fluctuate as the series progresses and what was said in the past can sometimes be lost or ignored.

Much like how no one really cares about how Maul may or may not have been in other EU work, they just want him in their TV series to make it fun for a certain group of people. I mean, come on, is this really the first time that there's ever been an EU conflict? From what I know of the EU, it's just a huge mismatched collection of cluster****s people spend too much time trying to piece together into one cohesive timeline.

I think, over the years folks have gotten way too caught up in the seriousness of the EU and have forgotten the fun of it being extra little stories.

EU, it's just a huge mismatched collection of cluster****s people spend too much time trying to piece together into one cohesive timeline

Not at all, Its really very simple and easy to piece together. Like, how people mention someone like I don't know, Mos Def? to sound like they know about Hip-Hop or aren't in to bubblegum rap, the same goes for people saying the EU is crap or convoluted, when they don't actually read it. Its really quite a simple procedure to take and leave what you like and enjoy it in the quiet of your own home. but people insist on making out the world is gonna implode because EU fans want continuity over a cartoon.

@ adamqd: What I meant was that there's so many stories now that everyone tries to find the most obscure connections for everything. I used to get into the EU back in the day but I kinda got tired of it after too many things ended up being connected which where, at the time, their own thing.

Of course, in my Star Wars universe, the deleted scene from ANH of Luke with Biggs at Tosche station is still in there XD Such an awesome scene.

I haven't even watched anything beyond the movies on Blu-Rays yet. Also haven't even opened Season 3 blu-rays. Need more time...

@ adamqd: What I meant was that there's so many stories now that everyone tries to find the most obscure connections for everything. I used to get into the EU back in the day but I kinda got tired of it after too many things ended up being connected which where, at the time, their own thing.

Aah ok :) I do agree though that it can be a case of 'in for a Penny, in for a Pound' in the ol' EU.

Archived