Home

Clone Wars plans to resurrect Darth Maul

Red Hessian

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to now there is no season 6... No one will comment, and there is no mention of it on Cartoon Network, or any of the Disney owned channels for next years shows. An insider at Lucasfilm told a podcaster in an interview that "Now is the time to make a Rukus in support of TCW, its future is not certain..."

I'd be happy if it didn't return. Personally I thought the ending of season 5 was good, and I'm happy at their decisions regarding Ahsoka. But it made me realise something... TCW has made me hate Anakin, Obi-wan and the Jedi Council, the whole mythos and nostalgia I have about the Jedi is gone because of this show.

I have to say that this show really exceeded my expectations this season. The early episodes may not have been as impressive, but the Darth Maul Story arc and the conspiracy to end the season really impressed me as some damn good story writing. I can't wait for the next season, hopefully Disney will allow the writers to take the next step.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
The finale was perhaps one of the top episodes of the series. You could feel the tension between ahsoka, the Jedi, etc. And I did not expect her to leave the order, and despite my allegations against her early on, it was a really emotional scene between Anakin and Ahsoka. If this show ended on that note, I'd be fine with that. A great ending.

Personally I thought the ending of season 5 was good, and I'm happy at their decisions regarding Ahsoka.

I agree. Ahsoka's story could end right here and I'd be fine with that.

But it made me realise something... TCW has made me hate Anakin, Obi-wan and the Jedi Council, the whole mythos and nostalgia I have about the Jedi is gone because of this show.

You mean the prequels didn't do that for you first?

To me, Obi-Wan and the Jedi Council have neither gained nor lost much of anything so far, though Obi-Wan having a girlfriend was rather interesting and added some depth to his character that wasn't there before. However, TCW actually made Anakin likable, and that alone makes it worth watching.

You mean the prequels didn't do that for you first?

I lost all respect for Anakin thanks to the Prequels, but acting by Ewan McGreggor saved Obi-wan for me.

To me, Obi-Wan and the Jedi Council have neither gained nor lost much of anything so far, though Obi-Wan having a girlfriend was rather interesting and added some depth to his character that wasn't there before. However, TCW actually made Anakin likable, and that alone makes it worth watching.

I completely agree, Anakin was far better done in this season and the previous for TCW than the prequels combined. Had the story of his fall been around losing his apprentice, his fall to the dark side would have been waaayyyy more interesting.

However, it showed that the Jedi Council is imperfect, as it should be. That was greatly done in the finale.

Archived