Home

Clone Wars plans to resurrect Darth Maul

Red Hessian

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They could always Futurama-ize them :D

Besides, if anyone gets their head back, I'd take Jango over Dooku :carms:

That should be doable right? Considering Bo-marr monks do something similar with their brains...

Darth Maul made his first appearance last night on the Clone Ware last night. He'll made another appearance next Friday as he will try to get his revenge against Obi-Wan Kenobi with the help of his brother, Savage Oppress.

Sorry for the double post, but maybe this is why they didn't get Maul's original voice:

fz9g10.png

Actually, at times Sam Witwer sounds like Peter Serafinowicz. I was looking for that in the episode. And because Maul didn't speak very much in TPM, it did leave it open that he could have spoken also like how Witwer would as well.

Actually, at times Sam Witwer sounds like Peter Serafinowicz. I was looking for that in the episode. And because Maul didn't speak very much in TPM, it did leave it open that he could have spoken also like how Witwer would as well.

Considering Sam was playing a broken and twisted man (both mentally and physically) who has mentally deteriated over the past 10 years, I think the voice acting was well done and portrayed the emotional spectrum of the Dark Side.

At the end of the episode and in the preview for next time he sounded more like Peter Serafinowicz's Maul. :maul5:

Considering Sam was playing a broken and twisted man (both mentally and physically) who has mentally deteriated over the past 10 years, I think the voice acting was well done and portrayed the emotional spectrum of the Dark Side.

At the end of the episode and in the preview for next time he sounded more like Peter Serafinowicz's Maul. :maul5:

I suppose some people don't realize the talents Sam has with voice acting. Besides doing Starkiller in the game The Force Unleashed, Sam did a really good job in voicing Darth Sidious.

From what I saw in the previews, Maul looks an awful lot like the one featured in one of the SW Infinities comics, specifically the one where the Emperor pits Vader against resurrected Maul...so at least now we know where they got the idea.

From what I saw in the previews, Maul looks an awful lot like the one featured in one of the SW Infinities comics, specifically the one where the Emperor pits Vader against resurrected Maul...so at least now we know where they got the idea.

It's actually from Visionaries:

trivia03.jpg

Its funny how they can't seem to keep in step with other things considered canon in the EU, yet they take something from Visionaries (Which is none canon, and considered "Wall of weird" type stuff) and make him the exact same as he appears in it lol.

I enjoyed it for what it was, but I dont involve it in my personal canon.

It's actually from Visionaries:

Yea I couldn't think of the name of it. Well it was non-canon but I guess anything goes as far as TCW is concerned. Awaiting Dooku droid/clone to explain his surviving decapitation in Episode III.

Canon referencing non-canon (or official referencing non-official in some cases) material isn't a new thing and isn't a bad thing either. All this is is an acknowledgement of an interesting design that looks good enough to use again in a re-worked form.

Just because someone decided to take a nod in a certain direction and acknowledge someone else's work doesn't mean Dooku's head is going to come back to life and take revenge against Palpy.

Canon referencing non-canon (or official referencing non-official in some cases) material isn't a new thing and isn't a bad thing either. All this is is an acknowledgement of an interesting design that looks good enough to use again in a re-worked form.

Just because someone decided to take a nod in a certain direction and acknowledge someone else's work doesn't mean Dooku's head is going to come back to life and take revenge against Palpy.

This.

Even though I still don't like the idea of Maul surviving, I quite liked the various references to the movies and the Force (how they feel it's out of balance, and how the Clone Wars are affecting it). Great stuff.

Oh don't get me wrong, Maul is perhaps my favorite Sith from Prequal era - I;m just curious as to how many other ideas like mecha maul they will try realistically incorporating into TCW (example: like a ridiculous parallel universe version of Anakin or something).

• 8 months later...
Sept 29? So this has happened already?

No, that part of the storyline hasn't happened yet. There has been more Maul in the season opener as there was a rematch with Obi-Wan. That was a kick ass fight. But we'll have to be on the lookout for Maul's the showdown with Sidious. My guess is it will probably be the season finale. Hopefully we won't have to wait that long! :D

Archived