Home

Return to Dantooine like nothing happened

R2-X2

Would it be possible for anyone to create a little completely non-canon mod for me, namely letting you fly to Dantooine after the Leviathan just like before? I'd really appreciate it for another playthrough where I want to do all side quests but also visit the planets in any order I want... You get my problem?

My suggestion is not as practical as using the galaxy map but maybe the easiest method for anyone to tryout.

It wouldn't be that hard to code if the game leaves the Global Booleans and Numbers of Dantooine as they are before the Leviathan...

You can create a new Boolean/Number that is defined when you leave the leviathan. Via the Boolean/Number you can trigger a conversation inside the Ebon Hawk where you can be asked whether you would like to visit Dantooine again. With a script you can warp to Dantooine...

It's not the same as travelling via galaxy map but I believe it is hardcoded and/or integrated inside the Ebon Hawk module and I don't know much about Module editing and such things.

Hope that helps...

Fastmaniac

• 2 weeks later...

@Mandalore5

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the Restoration mod (that's seems to be better than any TSL restoration could be)

@Fastmaniac

That's what I was looking for. Too bad I have no knowledge of scripting (anymore :p)... maybe there's someone who'd do that for me? ;)

Yeah, when there is no data post-Leviathan it's a huge effort to code the settings. Though I have an idea: Maybe you can trigger a script that 'saves' every boolean/number from Dantooine into another Boolean/Number and a script that transfers the data from these selfmade Globals... But it is a real pain to do that for every Global of Dantooine...

(Especially to Phildevil & Mandalore5)

I did'nt want to offend anyone, TSLRCM is amazing, but in my (not so humble) opinion KotOR is a complete game that gets only more awesome with restored content brought back. In TSL it's like you need those restorations to have the game make at least a bit sense and fun. And yes, I'm often a bit too prejudiced... In this context especially against TSL in general :S

Well there's no hurry, is it? ;)

And back to topic: Would it be possible to simply stop the game from changing the Dantooine variables (No more travel, everything else reset) so it doesn't even know there should be something with Dantooine?

That's just not that simple.

You'd have to figure out at which point in the game the globals are reset and whether it's via trigger, another script or a conversation. After that's been figured out, you'll have to decode the script to change it because of the other lines of code that are certainly in there but have nothing to do with Dantooine. At least at this point it's unlikely to succeed because most of the ingame scripts can't be decompiled with DeNCS.

Fastmaniac

Archived