Home

KotOR Fan Film

jonathan7

^ Their filme crew was likely a bunch of cinema school graduates and a few small time actors and their budget all they had on their pockets and what they could get from local business-owners for publicity.

Nevertheless (or because of that) it's looking really impressive. It'll be their own story, though. And will demand a degree of abstraction from the watchers as the Sith Soldiers use Mandalorian armor, it'd seem. I'm looking forward to it.

^ Their filme crew was likely a bunch of cinema school graduates and a few small time actors and their budget all they had on their pockets and what they could get from local business-owners for publicity.

Nevertheless (or because of that) it's looking really impressive. It'll be their own story, though. And will demand a degree of abstraction from the watchers as the Sith Soldiers use Mandalorian armor, it'd seem. I'm looking forward to it.

Your probably right. I was expecting something more along the lines of The Hunt for Gollum.

I'm with Ctrl Alt Del... Looking at the trailer, it surely seems like a low budget production made up by a few people sitting together in front of a TV screen with one of them saying "Let's do this!". Sure, the effects could get more advanced but I'm certain that it's just one guy who knows how to do it.

Still, it is a big difference from similar projects and the idea is definitely original. I'll be watching it for sure just to see how the story was developed and how the general result will look like

Fastmaniac

I don't think there's anything wrong with the effects. What do you expect from a fan film? I think they look great for what it is.

I love it when a bunch of people get together and just make a movie and, like I said, as a kotor fan I'll be sure to watch it. Oh, but yeah, the mandalorian armors are pretty distracting :p

Star Wars: Revelations

Gag me with a ****ing Bowie knife. Agree on the other two, though. :thmbup1:

On the trailer itself: I like all the parts except where people are shown speaking or attempting to act. Much like their "Revan" fanfilm. Great title, too, by the way, "Shadows of Corruption" - the only one I could think of that would sound more bland or generic would be "Shadows of Echoes" or something.

Also, regarding "what do you expect from a fanfilm": I prefer that the creators know something about what they're doing, and many don't seem to know much except how to turn a camera on and off. Worst, however, is when they think they can write a good story or act and can't - like in the aforementioned Revelations, or the hysterically bad

; by and large, the best fanfilms are the ones that accept the general quality ceiling and roll with it.

@OP: Ah yes, I stumbled upon this as an aside while checking the progress of another fan film about Darth Bane.

I liked the voice given to Revan in this one,

Looking forward to the result to be sure.

Channel dedicated to the Bane movie project mentioned above, here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/resurrectbane

You'll note the musical scores used are not what one would expect as the standard SW fare. It just doesn't give that SW feel. But in all fairness at least it's something, and probably better than anything my friends and I could currently hope to achieve.

If any Bane movie should be made live action, it should be based off the novels.

And it should use props as close to the story as possible:

:D

/opinion

There is another CGI of Bane which might be interesting:

Archived