Home

Who's Excited for Battlefield 3?

PR-0927

I am.

Big time Battlefield fan here. Have had this pre-ordered since May.

Is it can be Origin ID sharing time? Mine is PR-0927 (same as my Steam, if we also want this to be Steam ID sharing time).

Hope to see some of you on the Battlefield!

- PR-0927

I played the beta, it was about as fun as bc2, which was ok. I'm wary of Origin, and not a big fan of the web browser client. seemed expensive to me, so i figure i'll pick it up with all the expansions/addons on steam in a year or so for cheaper. if it doesn't make it to steam, well then i'll be ok w/o it.

I haven't had this much fun in an FPS since BF2. I actually am very much liking the story - the beta confirmed I'll love MP (I played a lot of Caspian Border); only been playing SP so far of the retail.

Jaw constantly hanging open. Also, Operation Guillotine on the hardest difficulty is the hardest level I have encountered in an FPS. You get shredded and don't even know what hit you.

- PR-0927

I won't be building a new PC Rig for a while so I reinstalled Battlefield 2. I forgot how much fun it was. Also the BF2 gunplay feels so slow and less-accurate than I remember. Is that just how I perceive shooters in a post Modern Warfare 2 world?

That's because CoD super-arcadizes everything with very unrealistically fast gameplay (rapid firing, easy kills, etc.). CoD also uses auto-assist to make aiming/hitting enemies child's play.

- PR-0927

• 4 weeks later...
I loved F.E.A.R., do people still play the free MP expansion?

Thankfully, yes. I have the full game (therefore I don't need the MP expansion), but some friends of mine use F.E.A.R. Combat to play.

Epic thread hijacking is epic.

- PR-0927

Sorry about that.

F.E.A.R. is more worthy of a discussion than Battlefield 3. :p

BF3 is quite epic, I enjoy the hell out of it. I always know when I love a game, when I both lose track of time, and find the inability to quit. BF3 is not doing anything different story wise. It's along the same lines as that game Black. You start out as a marine guy named "Blackburn", you tell you story, and agree to "fill in the blanks", as the levels play out. What I love about the Battlefield games as opposed to Call of Duty, is the comical relationship with your team players. I have yet to play online.

What I did not tell you you guys though, is that I dumped my 360 in favor of PS3. I had several issues with my account, with no support from micro suck what so ever. So I traded in my 360, all my games, picked up a second ps3 and several games. I now have two PS3s and I am strictly a PS3 owner now. I have no regrets other than I will dearly miss both Gears of War and Halo.

Archived