Home

Total n00b

bunjeeman

Hello? This thing on?

Oh, right...typing. Duh.

Okay, hi, I'm Bunjeeman, as you can read above, or to the side, whatever. I am very new to the modding scene and have found out, as everyone does, that it is a bit harder than I thought it would be. Nothing a bit of extra help can't fix.

I have a few ideas for some mods i want to make, just some powers and items.

For the Lord Class:

Dark Illusion (DS power) +4 DEF and a furtrher +2 for every other guy attacking you. Look up the sidious vs Mace and co. in the ROTS book for a visual description. Lasts 120 sec.

Dark Rip (DS power) all opponents close to you (say five metres) have all life drained. You then get a +3 bonus to attributes and 50% of force cost comes from health. Lasts 60 sec. AFTERWARD you suffer slow, halved vitality and force, and a penalty to your attributes. Also, you cannot heal.

Marauder:

Instinct (feat for both marauder and weapon master) +2 attack and defence, and increases critical threat range.

Burst of Hate (DS power/feat, I can't decide) whenever an attacking character scores a critical against you, you make a save roll of 16-20. If successful, you take normal damage and use the force to blast away all opponents (a force wave that triggers automaticaly. Whether you have force wave or not does not matter, this is a completely seperate power).

Assassin:

Force Hunger (DS power) your current target's WIS and CHA modifiers are added to you attack and defence.

Neutral:

Djem So (why am I the first to think of this?:raise:)

Now, just getting off subject here a bit, but my this is the only mod i have tried to make; the others I wanted to leave until I got a bit better...oh who am I kidding? A LOT better. My problem is it shows up as a power that you have to activate on yourself, instead of with the other forms where it belongs, and I have no idea on how to get it there.

Right, Djem So.

+3 attack

+1 defence vs current target

power attacks have a better chance to hit

weak against flurry

Right, so, thats that.

PLEASE NOTE! I want to be able to give some of the enemy NPC's in TSL these feats/powers aswell, to make the game harder (what can I say, TSLRCM + Jedi temple make for a ridiculous advantage:¬:), especially force hunger for the assassins you face, cause, really, it makes sense.

I DO NOT WANT THESE THINGS MADE FOR ME:mad:. I would not have bothered trying to get into modding otherwise. What I want is to learn how to make them MYSELF, so I don't have to bug anyone with heaps of details about how I want my mods to be.

So, please, if you can, reply to this, and I will be very grateful.

Thanks.

Well, first of all: Welcome :)

Now, I don't want to crush your spirit but if you are VERY new to the modding scene, I'd suggest to focus on minor things that won't take a lot of work and time and frustration.

If you think you're able to do it: Did you look into the great amount of Tutorials there are? Particularly this Thread?

I think that if you went through the tutorial you'd know pretty much about what you're doing. But If you have no experience at all it'll be a lot harder to communicate with a person to explain every single detail. If you have questions after you read and worked with the Tutorial, people will help you to get along.

Hope I didn't destroy all your hopes ;)

Well, I am very very new, but I have confidence that I can learn fairly well (trial an error is the best teacher when it comes to these things). But those tutorials are on general powers, not on how to make lightsaber forms, which is the only thing standing in my way; I did say I am leaving that other stuff till I get more skilled. So if someone could help with that, please do.

PS, you didn't crush my hopes. As mentioned, I am new, so I am most likely going to make a fool of myself at some point, and I am well prepared for that eventuality.

Thanks!

Archived